• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G Pictured and De-lidded

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
quite annoyed with the paste instead of soldering, why is this even a thing/an option?
can we not just say "from now on every IHS is quality soldered on and thats that, thats just the way cpus are put together, end of story".
I'm not sure about chips previous to Core 2 Duo, but even some lower end C2D chips (I believe E4000 series and lower) were paste. Paste is a fine cheap alternative when the chip just doesn't get very hot to begin with. I'm fine with it on low end Ryzen chips, and I'm fine with it on lower end Intel chips. K series chips, and definitely anything HEDT, should be soldered. In fact, I think i7 and up should be soldered. I think I'd be okay with i5 and under getting paste. Sadly, this is not the case, which is why I slam Intel for it a lot.

@notb Intel have been spinning Core for ages, but I really appreciate how Nvidia doesn't mix silicon from different generation under the same nomenclature. At least on the desktop, I haven't paid attention to their mobile parts.
Of course they did.
700-series had GPUs built on 3 architectures (Fermi, Kepler and Maxwell):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_700_series#GeForce_700_(7xx)_series
600-series was Fermi and Kepler.
Since 900-series generations have been homogeneous on desktops. We'll see how long this lasts.

As for mobile: high-end chips are using the latest tech, because that's were the performance is.
Low-end chips (MX) are often a generation behind to use the remaining inventory.

Nvidia is also (in)famous for selling vastly different chips under the same name. It happened in both MX250 and MX150 (big performance variance).
They also sold 920M based on both Fermi and Kepler chips.

What has to be said, is that the these low-power chips are put in low-end laptops and ultrabooks. They're tuned by the OEM depending on cooling, so there's usually a huge performance variance.
So one shouldn't really be worried that he got a "poor" MX150. The "full" variant would be limited anyway. :)

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
@notb Serves me well for not paying attention to anything below xx50 :D

Why does AMD need 6, 8 core APU to compete with Intel? Any AMD APU (including dozer) basically demolishes Intel chips in IGP performance & when talking about high core variants don't most people just disable IGP there?
I don't even know how to comment on that.
Maybe you should just ask google if computers can be used for something other than gaming?
Well that's true because APU also take more time, AMD's GPU develop asynchronously with their CPU so depending on when Navi was completed they'd get an APU anywhere between 6~12 months from the day their latest core uarch (zen2) was finalized.
I'd assume CPU and GPU divisions at AMD talk with each other and can develop products together.

Intel launched i7-8809G less than 5 months after Vega was announced.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
That's one helluva die size for a chiplet "Raven Ridge" refabbed on 12 nm with a sprinkle of "Zen+" fairy dust. My hopes for integrated Navi15/Navi20 may soon come true. :roll:
None of AMD's GloFo 12nm designs have had smaller die sizes than their 14nm predecessors. Transistor size is slightly smaller, but the density gains are so minor they likely didn't bother with the significant job of redoing the layout of the chip, instead simply leaving the now "free" silicon in-between blank. Not a big deal.
Well yes it's Picasso and it's exactly that what @btarunr said: Raven Ridge Arch on updated 12nm fab thus perf/w has seen some uplift. They are actually already out as 2nd Mobile Picasso APUs, which are on laptops like Asus TUF Gaming FX505DY and FX705DY.
Not quite. Raven Ridge is Zen with some Zen+ features implemented, but not all, and even the implemented ones not all fully implemented. Picasso is full Zen+. The difference isn't likely to be major, but it's there. Not the same arch.
So how is this 3rd gen if it's Zen+?

AMD is like a box of chocolates...
Remember how Raven Ridge was the first Ryzen APUs? They were 2000-series. In other words, this is not 3rd gen, but it is 3000-series, and does belong more in the "third wave" of Ryzen products (launched in early-to-mid 2019) than the second (launched in early-to-mid 2018) even if the hardware is a mix of second-wave CPU architectures, GPU architectures, and production nodes. APUs have a separate development cycle from CPUs, hence the slightly odd naming, but all in all it's not a problem as they don't compete (AMD hasn't launched updated CPUs in similar core counts after 1st-gen Ryzen, after all).

quite annoyed with the paste instead of soldering, why is this even a thing/an option?
can we not just say "from now on every IHS is quality soldered on and thats that, thats just the way cpus are put together, end of story".
2200G/2400G are the same. They don't need solder because they are 65W parts and basically even if you overclock them to around 3.9-4GHz they don't get temperature limited.

Not quite. Raven Ridge is Zen with some Zen+ features implemented, but not all, and even the implemented ones not all fully implemented. Picasso is full Zen+. The difference isn't likely to be major, but it's there. Not the same arch.
Well, let's not go too far. CPUs built on the same architecture can differ in features or instructions.

Designs as fairly universal - holding features for both home and pro use or both PC and server, which are simply locked in particular products.
If you dig deep enough, it might quickly turn out that no CPU can be called "full Zen" or "full Kaby Lake". ;-)

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
None of AMD's GloFo 12nm designs have had smaller die sizes than their 14nm predecessors. Transistor size is slightly smaller, but the density gains are so minor they likely didn't bother with the significant job of redoing the layout of the chip, instead simply leaving the now "free" silicon in-between blank. Not a big deal.
It's just a pun in btarunr's direction.
For what it's worth, I don't care if it's 28nm, just give me moar cores and moar iGPU powa-a-a under $120, so I can finally get all my neighbors and their kids off my back by building a bunch of glorified HTPCs and satisfy their insatiable obsessions with WoT, Warframe, CS:GO and Dota.

I don't even know how to comment on that.
Maybe you should just ask google if computers can be used for something other than gaming?
Funny, because normal 7nm CPUs would be just fine for that. A "workstation" notebook can easily do with a 7nm CPU+MX150 or high(er) end dGPU. If you're talking desktops, basically no big reason why high core count APUs are needed. The biggest reason why AMD's falling behind IMO is supply constraints & possibly OEM, ODM being tied to long term contracts with Intel.
I'd assume CPU and GPU divisions at AMD talk with each other and can develop products together.

Intel launched i7-8809G less than 5 months after Vega was announced.
And they develop products side by side, you think?

How much synergy do you believe there is between Nvidia GPU & Tegra (CPU) division btw & when was the last time they updated their ARM cores?

Last edited:
Funny, because normal 7nm CPUs would be just fine for that.
They don't have a GPU, so they're unusable.
Intel's revenue from CPUs bought for desktops w/o a graphics card is higher than AMD's revenue from all CPUs combined.

Maybe AMD can't provide the necessary supply. Maybe they simply want to focus on DIY gaming segment - it's their choice after all.

Speaking of choices, if you haven't decided what to do this evening, why not work on your understanding of CPU market...?
Reading some of the discussions on this forum, I get the impression that calling someone "PC enthusiast and expert" has depreciated somehow.
I may be old-school, but I'll stand by the idea that you're not an cooking expert if you can only cook spaghetti - even a very good one.
A "workstation" notebook can easily do with a 7nm CPU+MX150 or high(er) end dGPU.
A "workstation" notebook is a small niche on the expensive end of the notebook spectrum.
Vast majority of business notebooks and ultrabooks are using Intel HD. In these segments adding an MX150 affects the price considerably.
If you're talking desktops, basically no big reason why high core count APUs are needed.
What...?
For 2 years I've been hearing how 8 cores are awesome for "productivity" and now you're telling me high core count isn't needed in desktops? Seriously?

bug

Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
A "workstation" notebook is a small niche on the expensive end of the notebook spectrum.
Vast majority of business notebooks and ultrabooks are using Intel HD. In these segments adding an MX150 affects the price considerably.

Actually, notebooks are a crazy bunch. You want a model without a dGPU? You'll have to settle for the cheaper ones. You want something backed by 3+ years of warranty for your business? Those usually come with a Quadro or something.
Lack of configurability and BIOSes lacking essential options are things that make me hate laptops since forever.

Actually, notebooks are a crazy bunch. You want a model without a dGPU? You'll have to settle for the cheaper ones. You want something backed by 3+ years of warranty for your business? Those usually come with a Quadro or something.
Lack of configurability and BIOSes lacking essential options are things that make me hate laptops since forever.

Uhm, not sure which business today are not leasing their machines. But even on i.e. lowest end Dell Latitude one can get 4 year onsite warranty if needed/wanted.

System Name Baxter
Processor Intel i7-5775C @ 4.2 GHz 1.35 V
Motherboard ASRock Z97-E ITX/AC
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3 with Noctua NF-A12 fan
Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz CL11 HyperX Savage DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black @ 1950 MHz
Storage 1 TB Sabrent Rocket 2242 NVMe SSD (boot), 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO, and 4TB Toshiba X300 7200 RPM HDD
Display(s) Vizio P65-F1 4KTV (4k60 with HDR or 1080p120)
Case Raijintek Ophion
Audio Device(s) HDMI PCM 5.1, Vizio 5.1 surround sound
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum 600 W SFX PSU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G613 and Microsoft Media Keyboard
What...?
For 2 years I've been hearing how 8 cores are awesome for "productivity" and now you're telling me high core count isn't needed in desktops? Seriously?

4 cores and 8 threads is still plenty for most people. That's why Intel keeps selling 6 core processors to most people. 4 cores 4 threads is a bit of a compromise, but for around $100 with a capable iGPU, it's plenty. The Ryzen 5 3400G will be the all-arounder, basically giving the performance of a 4790k with a GTX 1030 built in. The 3200G will be an adequate entry-level CPU, basically replacing the Pentiums and locked i3's in prebuilts and maybe contesting several locked i5's as well. I don't think you're being an honest part of the discussion if you truly think that even budget PC owners need 8 cores. It would be nice, but 4 threads to 8 threads is sufficient unless you're expecting to get into some more serious work or gaming. And at that point you should buy a more serious processor.

Actually, notebooks are a crazy bunch. You want a model without a dGPU? You'll have to settle for the cheaper ones.
I'd say that's a pretty interesting thesis considering laptops available without a dGPU include:
Dell Inspiron, Latitude and XPS lineups,
Lenovo ThinkPad lineup (E, L, T, X).
Most of these laptops can't be configured with a dGPU at all.

A good configuration of Latitude, XPS, ThinkPad T or X can easily go past $1500. If that's cheap in your eyes - well, congratulate. :)

In fact I don't really know many laptops that aren't available without a dGPU (apart from the gaming ones, obviously).
You want something backed by 3+ years of warranty for your business? Those usually come with a Quadro or something.
Even a $600 Dell Vostro can be bought with 4-year warranty (next business day on-site service). Dell's premium business products (Latitude and Precision) offer up to 5-year warranty.
Which may be the reason why you don't really follow this market... ;-)

They don't have a GPU, so they're unusable.
Intel's revenue from CPUs bought for desktops w/o a graphics card is higher than AMD's revenue from all CPUs combined.

Maybe AMD can't provide the necessary supply. Maybe they simply want to focus on DIY gaming segment - it's their choice after all.

Speaking of choices, if you haven't decided what to do this evening, why not work on your understanding of CPU market...?
Reading some of the discussions on this forum, I get the impression that calling someone "PC enthusiast and expert" has depreciated somehow.
I may be old-school, but I'll stand by the idea that you're not an cooking expert if you can only cook spaghetti - even a very good one.

What...?
That's not true, heck Intel released a ULV chip with dysfunctional IGP. An efficient ULP dGPU like MX 1xx is good enough unless you're too hung up on battery life.

I stay away from discussing things that I do sporadically or know virtually nothing about.

What's your definition of a niche? The entire "ultra expensive (workstation) notebook" is a niche of a niche.

How much does an MX150 cost according to you? I have one with 8250u in under $600, either you're being disingenuous or you don't know what you're talking about. I also want to remind you what you said - 6, 8 core APU - which are super expensive in notebook space.

I said high core count APU with IGP, try to keep up. AMD can easily slap a low power Zen2 model in there if more cores is what you want, Intel is releasing their 8 core i9 & needless to say they're likely gonna throttle in those "notebook" abominations. Zen2 being nearly 2x as efficient as original Zen could easily garner lots of market share, provided OEM & ODM do their bit to try & make it work.

https://www.ultrabookreview.com/20056-core-i9-portable-laptops/

Last edited:
4 cores and 8 threads is still plenty for most people.
Of course it is. I've been saying this since Ryzen came out. Even got banned for it. :)
So it seems the necessity of >4 cores depends on the processor brand being discussed.
I don't think you're being an honest part of the discussion if you truly think that even budget PC owners need 8 cores.
I'm precisely talking about scientific/professional use of a PC.
4 cores is fine. 8 cores are better... assuming you could utilize the 4 you had.
This has been the whole Ryzen theme for 2 years. Productivity, creativity, science etc. etc.

So these hundreds of millions of people who spend 8 hours a day looking at Excel don't need anything above an IGP. And, to be honest, most of them can live with 4 cores (or even 2). But Excel can use as many cores as you have, so going from 4 to 8 will let them spend less time watching the progress bar. :)

Reading some comments here, it seems like some people assume that high-end computing (high-end business PCs and workstations) are powerful in both CPU and GPU components. So an 8-core Ryzen is fine, because they'll be an expensive GPU as well.
This is not true. Most tasks done on computers are CPU-exclusive - simply because that's how computers work. There is a very big demand for computers with powerful CPUs and minimal GPUs.

In fact many top500 supercomputers run thousands of Xeons and don't have a GPU at all, which shows that CPU-exclusive loads scale way beyond 8 cores. :)

That's not true, heck Intel released a ULV chip with dysfunctional IGP. An efficient ULP dGPU like MX 1xx is good enough unless you're too hung up on battery life.
I'm not saying you can't use a CPU without a GPU (google: Xeon Platinum).
I'm precisely saying that there's a very large part of the market which is concerned about CPU performance, but can live with whatever GPU you put into the mix (as long as it can run two 4K monitors).
These people just won't pay for a dGPU, when IGP is good enough.
And since office desktops got really small lately, they also don't miss the big boxes that we used in the past.
I stay away from discussing things that I do sporadically or know virtually nothing about.
But you keep writing here...
How much does an MX150 cost according to you?
Possibly as much as a 1030. So?
dGPU is not the total cost here. In both laptops and desktops it affects the design.
I have one with 8250u in under $600
Which likely means you could have got an 8550u instead.
That's the whole point. One could use this money and get a more powerful CPU or something useful (larger disk, illuminated keyboard).
If you're fine with Intel HD, every dollar spent on MX150 is wasted. Why would people waste money?
6, 8 core APU - which are super expensive in notebook space.
Actually wrong: a 6-core 8850H is CHEAPER than a 4-core 8650U. Both with HT.
$395 vs $409. Check it:
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=124968,134899
AMD can easily slap a low power Zen2 model in there if more cores is what you want
That's the whole point of this discussion, isn't it? If AMD can do this, why don't they?
Intel did. And AMD was supposed to have the upper hand in core count.

Last edited:
But you keep writing here...
So just like you then?
Which likely means you could have got an 8550u instead.
No sadly the 8550u one was significantly more expensive & at that time IIRC there were no standalone models without a cheap arse dGPU.
Actually wrong: a 6-core 8850H is CHEAPER than a 4-core 8650U. Both with HT.
That's not even a 4% difference in price. I'm sure you'll also know how cheap expensive the i9 is, not to mention the extensive cooling as well as power adapter required for 45/65W parts?
That's the whole point of this discussion, isn't it? If AMD can do this, why don't they?
Because they're not out yet? Intel had at least a couple of major advantages over AMD in the notebook space, higher ST performance & wireless solutions. Now AMD can counter the former with zen2 but they also need to keep the rest of the costs down. AMD can have the performance advantage here but that'll not necessarily be enough, I'll go back to the Atom example - Intel lost not only because they had worse performance than ARM but largely because QC would crush their wireless solutions.

Outside of the DIY market, the entire package & component costs matter. This is why, as you might've noticed, Intel is pushing for an entire Intel centric ecosystem. They've been majorly successful because they are the incumbents & they provide class leading performance in many segments.

AMD can however get their previous share back in two ways -
1) The buyers demand it - I'm not sure how that'll work but perhaps word of mouth?
2) They keep the prices down - their perennial "budget" brand image problem!

Last edited:
So just like you then?

No sadly the 8550u one was significantly more expensive & at that time IIRC there were no standalone models without a cheap arse dGPU.
Which likely means you're talking about some gaming/home laptops. Totally not the segment I've had in mind.
That's not even a 4% difference in price. I'm sure you'll also know how cheap expensive the i9 is?
You're the one who said 6-core notebook APUs are "super expensive". Now you're saying that it's just 4% cheaper...
Yes, there is also an expensive i9, but you don't have to buy it to get 6-cores.
And it's aimed at high-end mobile workstations, so the total price will be huge anyway. Intel knows they can ask almost $600, so they do. Why not? Again: it's an opportunity AMD ignored.

Because they're not out yet?
AMD could make a product similar to Intel's Kaby Lake-G. They haven't.
In fact AMD could design Zen to include a simple IGP similar to Intel's. They haven't.
Now AMD will launch a chiplet design with a huge I/O die that can easily house a Vega 3 (at least). We'll see what happens.
Intel had at least a couple of major advantages over AMD in the notebook space, higher ST performance & wireless solutions.
And none of these has been addressed by AMD.
Now AMD can counter the former with zen2 but they also need to keep the rest of the costs down.
Actually they don't. It's a business strategy they've chosen.
They could have gone for quality, features and ease of use. They haven't. And they pushed some costs on you - like the time you have to spend to choose a good RAM and set it up. With Intel, you pay extra for a plug&play experience.
Outside of the DIY market, the entire package & component costs matter.
Which is exactly why AMD didn't have to go the "cost cutting" way. They could have made Zen a perfect product for laptops and business desktops.
You, as a DIY enthusiast, wouldn't benefit (you'd have another expensive option next to Intel). But AMD might have already had 20-30% market share. They don't and won't. They're not making a product that's attractive to 30% of clients.
This is why, as you might've noticed, Intel is pushing for an entire Intel centric ecosystem.
Intel is pushing an entire ecosystem simply because shareholders expect it to grow and there's no more potential in CPUs. Every business is expected to grow.
That's why they're trying luck in GPUs, modems, memory, IoT and so on. None of these market has the profit margin of CPUs, but Intel has no choice.
And if one day Intel dominates computers and makes every possible part, they'll start making shoes or ships.

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
We could say "it's been tested to death and paste gets the job done just fine". But we're not doing that either, we like to pretend like we know better.

"just fine" and no it indeed has been tested to death and its never as good... thats why people still De-lid those Intel chips.
It just should not be a factor anymore, it should not be something to even think about or worry about anymore.

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
"just fine" and no it indeed has been tested to death and its never as good... thats why people still De-lid those Intel chips.
It just should not be a factor anymore, it should not be something to even think about or worry about anymore.
Too bad HardOCP has shut down, they had looked at this and found that while delidding and replacing the paste resulted in lower temps, it didn't allow you to squeeze more than 100MHz from a 3GHz+ CPU. If that's not proof that replacing the paste isn't needed unless you're into exotic cooling, I don't know what is.

You write this like if every connector in the PC was gold plated, every wire was of the highest-grade copper available on Earth and plastic was taken straight from a spaceship technology.

It's a computer. It's just a tool needed to do stuff. In many areas it is not a frontier of technology. We control it, we've learned how to make some things simpler and cheaper.
Early PCs used to cost $2000 (in current money). Now they're under $500.

These APUs, like most processors available today, stay far from the max temperature they can survive even with stock cooler. It makes no sense to lower it further.

Now, I totally understand that you may be a fan of low temps and you would simply FEEL better if the readout on your screen said 50*C instead of 60*C. Fine. You can pay $1000 for awesome watercooling. You can pay to get the CPU modified to liquid metal. The choice is yours. Have fun with your money.
Seriously, you can't expect millions of people to pay $2 each, just because you're cheap.

Reactions: bug
When DDR5 arrives or when AMD figures a way to make up for the massive deficit in memory bandwidth that these things have. Currently there is no point in delivering a better integrated GPU.
Or when navi arrives and they pair it with a 8 core chiplet, though to do that they most likely would need a redesigned IO chip . It wont scalable to 15w perhaps but im sure it would do fine in 35-65w package.

System Name Home PC
Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro
Cooling Thermaltake Contac Silent 12
Memory 2x8gb F4-3200C16-8GVKB - 2x16gb F4-3200C16-16GVK
Video Card(s) XFX RX480 GTR
Storage Samsung SSD Evo 120GB -WD SN580 1TB - Toshiba 2TB HDWT720 - 1TB GIGABYTE GP-GSTFS31100TNTD
Display(s) Cooler Master GA271 and AoC 931wx (19in, 1680x1050)
Case Green Magnum Evo
Power Supply Green 650UK Plus
Mouse Green GM602-RGB ( copy of Aula F810 )
Keyboard Old 12 years FOCUS FK-8100