• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Unveils the New Razer Blade Pro 17 Flagship Laptop

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Razer , the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today announced the release of their redesigned and reconfigured 17" gaming laptop, the Razer Blade Pro 17. Razer's new flagship gaming laptop has been rebuilt from the ground up. With its innovative design, best-in-class components, and abundant ports, the Razer Blade Pro 17 is the pinnacle of laptop gaming prowess.

"The new Blade Pro is the most powerful and versatile Razer laptop ever, capable of replacing the most powerful desktop computers," says Razer's Co-Founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan. "It is the perfect laptop for gamers who demand a large display, an insane amount of connectivity options, and excellent performance with no room for compromise."

Crafted to provide the most performance in the smallest possible package, the new Razer Blade Pro 17 is up to 25% smaller than other 17" gaming laptops of its class.

Thermal management has been enhanced by Razer's vapor chamber cooling system and a new multi-fan design. This ensures that the Razer Blade Pro 17 will remain cool during the most intense tournaments or video rendering sessions.

Equipped with the 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H CPU with a base clock speed of 2.6Ghz and boost speed of up to 4.5GHz, the new Razer Blade Pro 17 can demolish any workload at breakneck speeds. Ideal for the mobile power user, the new 6-core CPU with Hyperthreading technology is excellent for streaming in remote locations or rendering a video on the fly.

Powered by the new NVIDIA GeForce RTX GPUs, the new Razer Blade Pro 17 will be available with a choice of RTX 2060, RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design, or the RTX 2080 with Max-Q Design. Featuring the real-time ray tracing capabilities of RTX, gamers can experience improved graphical fidelity. NVIDIA's Creator Ready Driver ensures that users can enjoy reduced render times and improved efficiency.

The new Razer Blade Pro 17 will come with 16GB of DDR4-2667MHz dual-channel memory to handle any work session. For enthusiasts looking to push the limits, the expandable memory slots now support the installation of Intel XMP compatible memory, with speeds up to 3200MHz for increased bandwidth.

A blazing fast 512GB PCIe SSD is included in every model of the Razer Blade Pro 17 as well as an additional, unpopulated, m.2 drive slot compatible with both SATA and PCIe standards. Each drive slot is upgradable to up to 2TB for users in need of additional storage.

Performance Displayed
Designed for gamers and creators alike, each Razer Blade Pro 17 will feature a custom-calibrated 17.3" Full-HD (1920x1080p) 144Hz matte panel providing a beautifully fluid visual experience. Covering 100% of the sRGB space, the Blade Pro is perfect for getting immersed in content or creating your own masterpiece.

The ultra-slim bezel design measures in at only 6.0mm thin. A Windows Hello-capable IR face camera is placed at the top bezel, allowing for easy and secure access via facial recognition.

Superior Connectivity
The new Razer Blade Pro 17 offers the latest connectivity options including three USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports, one HDMI 2.0b port, a Realtek 2.5Gb Ethernet port, a UHS-III SD card reader, and two USB3.2 Gen 2 Type-C ports (one of which doubles as a Thunderbolt 3 port).

Wireless connectivity has also been upgraded with Bluetooth 5.0 and the new Intel Wireless AX WLAN card capable of achieving up to a throughput of 2.4Gb/s.

The Razer Advantage
The Razer Blade family represents the convergence between craftsmanship and performance. Each laptop is CNC-milled from a single block of aircraft-grade aluminum and anodized with a matte finish to create a sleek and scratch-resistant exterior. The OS remains bloatware-free without any unnecessary apps slowing down performance.

The large glass touchpad comes complete with Windows precision drivers to ensure that every click is perfect, and each key is individually backlit allowing users to fully customize with any of the 16.8 million colors offered by Razer Chroma.

RazerCare
Every Razer Blade comes with a 1-year limited manufacturer warranty. For users in the United States looking for additional protection, Razer now offers RazerCare protection plans with up to 3 years of accidental damage coverage.

Pricing and Availability
Starting at $2,499 USD/ €2,699.99

The new Razer Blade Pro 17 will be available in May 2019 from Razer.com and select retailers in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, and China.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name future xeon II
Processor DUAL SOCKET xeon e5 2686 v3 , 36c/72t, hacked all cores @3.5ghz, TDP limit hacked
Motherboard asrock rack ep2c612 ws
Cooling case fans,liquid corsair h100iv2 x2
Memory 96 gb ddr4 2133mhz gskill+corsair
Video Card(s) 2x 1080 sc acx3 SLI, @STOCK
Storage Hp ex950 2tb nvme+ adata xpg sx8200 pro 1tb nvme+ sata ssd's+ spinners
Display(s) philips 40" bdm4065uc 4k @60
Case silverstone temjin tj07-b
Audio Device(s) sb Z
Power Supply corsair hx1200i
Mouse corsair m95 16 buttons
Keyboard microsoft internet keyboard pro
Software windows 10 x64 1903 ,enterprise
Benchmark Scores fire strike ultra- 10k time spy- 15k cpu z- 400/15000
yummy....

For now I stay with 2007 hp business laptop nx9420 17"...
I wonder how practical gaming on a notebook really is

D

Deleted member 158293

Bonkers price for personal use, but if it didn't look so much like a glow-in-the-dark toy, I would really consider it as my daily travel work laptop.

Bonkers price for personal use, but if it didn't look so much like a glow-in-the-dark toy, I would really consider it as my daily travel work laptop.
Comparing to other options just by nominal price, it's expensive for sure.
But $2500 is surely within range of a gaming enthusiast living in US, if there are people in less rich countries (i.e. 3-4x lower salaries) who manage to buy high-end GPUs and MacBooks.
It's just a matter of how much you're willing to sacrifice for your hobby. :)

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
it will still need plugging into the mains to game on.. :)

trog

D

Deleted member 158293

Comparing to other options just by nominal price, it's expensive for sure.
But $2500 is surely within range of a gaming enthusiast living in US, if there are people in less rich countries (i.e. 3-4x lower salaries) who manage to buy high-end GPUs and MacBooks.
It's just a matter of how much you're willing to sacrifice for your hobby. :)

Price itself has little to do with it.

If you have to sacrifice something for a toy, then the toy is beyond your budget. One is able to afford many toys by not having to sacrifice anything of significance for them. Otherwise you are also sacrificing the opportunity to acquire the following generation toys through the magic of compound interest & profit.

Given the choice I will choose the expensible option, that is all. ;)

Price itself has little to do with it.

If you have to sacrifice something for a toy, then the toy is beyond your budget.
This sentence makes no sense.
You have some money to buy things you want, called "disposable income" in economy. You spend all of it, choosing what you need most.
Buying something means you can't buy something else. That's the "sacrifice".

Also, economy doesn't really divide stuff as "toys" or "serious things". A laptop is just as serious as food. :)
One is able to afford many toys by not having to sacrifice anything of significance for them.
Oh, now you're getting philosophical. :p
"Anything of significance".
Let's focus on a situation when this laptop will be used just for casual gaming (to exclude earning money or saving lives). Is it less significant than getting a better hotel on vacation? Or better chairs in a theatre?
You can't make this judgement for the masses. It's for the consumer to make. :)

it will still need plugging into the mains to game on.. :)
Of course it does. But it's a gaming PC that takes little space at home and is easy to carry around. And it comes with a UPS.

yummy....

For now I stay with 2007 hp business laptop nx9420 17"...
I wonder how practical gaming on a notebook really is
I did it for a while on an Alienware 18" notebook. Was traveling a lot and needed a premium portable gaming system. That was a few years ago and this system kicks the crap out of my old one, hands down.

Bonkers price for personal use
Not really. That's a full $1000 less than I paid for my Alienware.
but if it didn't look so much like a glow-in-the-dark toy, I would really consider it as my daily travel work laptop.
The RGB lighting can be turned off.

System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust
Mybe its not losing its value as much other electronic devices.

System Name Bruh
Processor 10700K 5.3Ghz 1.35v| i7 7920HQ 3.6Ghz -180Mv |
Motherboard Z490 TUF Wifi | Apple QMS180 |
Cooling EVGA 360MM | Laptop HS |
Memory DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | LPDDR3 16GB 2133Mhz CL20 |
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix 3080 (2100Mhz/18Ghz)|Radeon Pro 560 (1150Mhz/1655Mhz)|
Storage Many SSDs, ~24TB HDD/8TB SSD
Display(s) S2719DGF, HP Z27i, Z24n| 1800P 15.4" + ZR30W + iPad Pro 10.5 2017
Case NR600 | MBP 2017 15" Silver | MSI GE62VR | Elite 120 Advanced
Audio Device(s) Lol imagine caring about audio
Power Supply 850GQ | Apple 87W USB-C |
Mouse Whatever I have on hand + trackpads (Lanchead TE)
Keyboard HyperX Origins Alloy idk
Software W10 20H2|W10 1903 LTSC/MacOS 11
Benchmark Scores No.
Didn't know I needed or wanted a portable furnace