• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Announcing DRAM Calculator for Ryzen v1.5.0 with an Integrated Benchmark

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Yuri "1usmus" Bubliy, who practically wrote the book on AMD Ryzen memory overclocking, presents DRAM Calculator for Ryzen v1.5.0, the latest version of the most powerful tool available to help you overclock memory on PCs powered by AMD Ryzen processors. The biggest feature-addition is MEMBench, a new internal memory benchmark that tests performance of your machine's memory sub-system, and can be used to test the stability of your memory overclock. Among the other feature-additions include the "Compare Timings" button, which gives you a side-by-side comparison of your machine's existing settings, with what's possible or the settings you've arrived at using the app.

Motherboards vary by memory slot topology, and DRAM Calculator for Ryzen can now be told what topology your board has, so it can better tune settings such as procODT and RTT. The author also de-cluttered the main screen to improve ease of use. Among the under-the-hood changes are improved SoC voltage prediction for each generation of Ryzen. The main timing calculation and prediction algorithms are improved with the addition of the likes of GDM prediction. Also added is support for 4-DIMM system configurations. A bug in which the imported HTML profiles were automatically assumed to be specific to Samsung b-die mode. A number of minor changes were made, detailed in the change-log below.

DOWNLOAD: DRAM Calculator for Ryzen by 1usmus

Main Changes:
  • Added feature to compare current system timings with recommended ones. Turns on with the button "Compare timings".
  • Added the ability to select the topology of the motherboard. Sheet box with the name "Topology". The meaning of this undertaking is a more accurate prediction of procODT / RTT settings. Of course, the function is not perfect and with each update of the calculator the prediction accuracy will increase.
  • Partially cleaned the "Main" tab of information that is not used and clutters the user interface. This is a small advance towards the ease of use of this application.
  • SOC voltage prediction blocks have undergone significant changes for each generation of Ryzen processors.
  • Another recommendation is temporarily added to the CAD_BUS block.
  • Recycling of most presets for each type of memory. The reason is simple - new bios make new adjustments.
  • Block "Misc items" received new prediction algorithms. In particular, the GDM prediction.
  • Improved support for system configurations consisting of 4 DIMMs.
  • Improved algorithm for calculating profiles "Debug".
  • Corrections of sudden crash programs in the calculations.
  • Fixed a problem when during the import of the html profile the memory type was automatically switched to Samsung b-die mode.
  • Added button link to system setup guide using Ryzen DRAM Calculator. This button is located in the "Help" tab.
  • Updated information in the "About" tab and added feedback to me via Twitter.
Key features of MEMbench:
  • Support for processors with 1 to 32 threads (temporary restrictions) .
  • Error within 0.5%.
  • Automatic determination of the number of threads in the system.
  • Unified rating for desktop and HEDT processors (AMD and Intel).
  • Qualitatively implemented multi-threading.
  • Thanks to the HCI 6 kernel (freeware), this product is free for the end user. I also want to note that this version is not modified (does not contain hacks).
  • Complete absence of the influence of the processor frequency on the benchmark result.
  • The result is affected by each timing (picture with themes, see below).
  • Ability to work in the mode of ordinary memory check with a fixed delayed stop at a certain stage and this stage is determined by you.
  • Four presets for benching "Easy mode", "Default mode" , "Custom mode" and "Memtest".
  • Easy mode is designed specifically for systems with a small amount of installed RAM.
  • Easy to use benchmark, you need to select only MEMbench mode and click "Run".
  • Provision of full-fledged system information for the Ryzen processors (for Intel, the timing-determining block is not yet connected).
  • Ability to save two own results for further comparison.
  • Display information in the chart.
  • A window-table with information about the current state of benching or memory checking.
  • "Screenshot" Button
  • All possible protection against situations of low memory in the system.
  • Does not use swap file.
  • Loyal stress CPU test in "Default mode".
The author invites you to follow him on Twitter.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

1usmus

AMD Memory Guru
For me Bitdefender find it Malware

Some DLLs that are used to read timings can sometimes raise issues with antiviruses. Or perhaps the algorithm to create multiple memtest.exe processes in which the windows are hidden, causing suspicion among anti-viruses. Do not worry, for me and my colleagues reputation is important, there can be no viruses there.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64

1usmus

AMD Memory Guru
Will this work on Threadripper. Also is it based upon latest Agesa updates?

Yes, in the screenshot I tested even 2990WX. At the moment, there is a temporary limit of 32 threads.
The Agesa version affects the recommendations in the presets. Ideal - if you use the latest bios

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Yes, in the screenshot I tested even 2990WX. At the moment, there is a temporary limit of 32 threads.
The Agesa version affects the recommendations in the presets. Ideal - if you use the latest bios

Well you can only go up to that as it is the only chip of that stature on the market

Im a overclocker myself so you see from the system specs. Typically unless if a newer bios breaks something it gets updated.

System Name Main
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard B550 PG Velocita
Cooling Water
Memory Ballistix
Video Card(s) RX 6900XT
Storage T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Display(s) Samsung UE590
Case QUBE 500
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623
Power Supply LEADEX V 1KW
Mouse Cooler Master MM710
Keyboard Huntsman Elite
Software 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/damric/
Wish we had ez software for intel too, and for older stuff like ddr3.

System Name Main System
Processor i9-10940x
Motherboard MSI X299 Xpower Gaming AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + Second Fan
Memory G.Skill 64GB @3200MHz XMP
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix RTX 3090 24GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus; 2TB Corsair Force MP600; 2TB Samsung PM981a
Display(s) Dell U4320Q; LG 43MU79-B
Case Corsair A540
Audio Device(s) Creative Lab SoundBlaster ZX-R
Power Supply EVGA G2 1300
Mouse Logitech MK550
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum XT Brown Switches
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 - 6910; FireStrike Ultra - 13241; TimeSpy Extreme - 10067; Port Royal - 13855
I don’t have a Ryzen system so I don’t know - is there no memory overclocking setting similar to Intel XMP for Ryzen motherboards? Why do you need to have a calculator? Is memory overclocking strictly a manual process for AMD boards?

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
I don’t have a Ryzen system so I don’t know - is there no memory overclocking setting similar to Intel XMP for Ryzen motherboards? Why do you need to have a calculator? Is memory overclocking strictly a manual process for AMD boards?

Asus boards Have DOCP, my rig I had running at default of 2133, it is usually AMP/XMP.

Ryzens do not like Corsair Vengeance for sure

System Name Warranty Void Mk.IV
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asus X470-I Strix
Cooling Arctic Freezer 240 + 2x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm / Silverstone 120mm Slim
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz 2x8GB CL16 - Tightened Sub-timings
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra
Storage WD SN550 / MX300 / MX500
Display(s) AOC CU34G2 / LG 29UM69G-B - Auxilary
Case CM NR200p / Silverstone RVZ03-B
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 1220+SupremeFX
Power Supply Corsair CX550M 550W / Silverstone SX650-G 650W
Mouse Logitech G302/G502/G203 / RPG: Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard CM Masterkeys Pro M / Asus Sagaris GK100
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 - LTSB
Even so, if you are using pre-Ryzen release DDR4 modules, there should be at least 1 XMP/D.O.C.P profile available to load. I've had the bad luck trying to push Corsair Vengeance LPX and Kingston HyperX's with lowered timings, to be honest, even with my Vengeance LED, I am hitting a hard wall, sub-timings can be tightened with no issue, as soon as I touch CAS latency... I can't get into Windows, or worse it won't boot at all, no matter how much voltage I add.

It seems like a waste of time for most people to mess around dual-rank sticks or just the ones optimized for Intel. Then again, nothing has stopped me or even those people that got 2133 sticks running at almost double the speed (on Intel platforms, shout out to buildzoid), I was interested how some dual-rank E-dies can do pretty well at CL16 with lowered sub-timings. I just wish I waited and got a single-rank B-die kit instead, oh well. I'm keeping my kit that I paired with the original R5 1600 I had, don't feel like paying again for a marginal improvement, especially with Zen 2 chips so close.

It left me frustrated at first that I just ended up defeated and settled with what was working. And the only way to keep the fun going was to get another DDR4 kit. But I've just settled that I've tried and didn't really lose much, if anything I was able to add a few benchmarks on the internet for people to compare against, and I suppose that's something.

I'm really excited what Zen 2 means for memory bandwidth, overclocking and stability. Especially with the recently announced A-grade dies, which are probably going to be priced up the bum no doubt. I just don't like the idea that the lower densities might not even be available (going by pictures and a list). I really don't need more than 2x8GB for at least 2-3 years if current trends continue.

Anyway, I really dig this program, it has helped a lot of people save some time in their endevours.

Last edited:
Nice. The previous version helped me dial in 3466MHz with tight timings, but I had zero luck with 3600MHz. Hope this one can help me get there.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Even so, if you are using pre-Ryzen release DDR4 modules, there should be at least 1 XMP/D.O.C.P profile available to load. I've had the bad luck trying to push Corsair Vengeance LPX and Kingston HyperX's with lowered timings, to be honest, even with my Vengeance LED, I am hitting a hard wall, sub-timings can be tightened with no issue, as soon as I touch CAS latency... I can't get into Windows, or worse it won't boot at all, no matter how much voltage I add.

It seems like a waste of time for most people to mess around dual-rank sticks or just the ones optimized for Intel. Then again, nothing has stopped me or even those people that got 2133 sticks running at almost double the speed (on Intel platforms, shout out to buildzoid), I was interested how some dual-rank E-dies can do pretty well at CL16 with lowered sub-timings. I just wish I waited and got a single-rank B-die kit instead, oh well. I'm keeping my kit that I paired with the original R5 1600 I had, don't feel like paying again for a marginal improvement, especially with Zen 2 chips so close.

It left me frustrated at first that I just ended up defeated and settled with what was working. And the only way to keep the fun going was to get another DDR4 kit. But I've just settled that I've tried and didn't really lose much, if anything I was able to add a few benchmarks on the internet for people to compare against, and I suppose that's something.

I'm really excited what Zen 2 means for memory bandwidth, overclocking and stability. Especially with the recently announced A-grade dies, which are probably going to be priced up the bum no doubt. I just don't like the idea that the lower densities might not even be available (going by pictures and a list). I really don't need more than 2x8GB for at least 2-3 years if current trends continue.

Anyway, I really dig this program, it has helped a lot of people save some time in their endevours.

Vengeance had problems on am3 even...

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
Any way i can run this in Linux?

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Scythe Ninja 5
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2 x 8GB) (F4-3600C16D-16GVKC) @ 3733 MHz 16-19-19-19-36-56
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2060 Super Armor OC 8GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 EVO 500GB / 3x Crucial MX500 / 4 HDDs
Display(s) Dell 23" LCD S2316M
Case Rosewill Rise Glow
Power Supply CORSAIR RM650
Mouse Cooler Master MS120
Keyboard Cooler Master MS120
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Thank you for the Update.
I used v1.41 to get my G.Skill (Hynix AFC) TridentZ 3200 Mhz sticks to run at 3400 Mhz with slightly tighter timings at they are 100% stable.
I just ran v1.50.5 and used the compare button to check my current timings vs your Safe and Fast recommendations and may try to tighten up timings a tad more. :D

System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Memory 640KB + 384KB extended
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
Benchmark Scores still running
Can someone ELI5 how Dram Calculator suggests more aggressive settings than the bios? (Is that what this primarily does?) My 2x16GB TridentZ CL14 3200 has been giving me hell on my Asus board, and I'm having to run at 2933 now.

senniha1994

New application does not loading.I have tried both 1.5.0.Older version works.I have disabled Windows defender but still no positive result.I haven't got any answer or solution by the developer.

Version for those who do not have the start of the program (the request for system information is disabled)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fmPIkMZ4GrJO8onEkUZGMHKgkD7D3osz

Program does not load,i have disabled Windows defender.Older version 1.4.0 works.Please i need help.

Version for those who do not have the start of the program (the request for system information is disabled)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fmPIkMZ4GrJO8onEkUZGMHKgkD7D3osz
Thank you this version works

System Name Unimatrix
Processor Intel i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz
Motherboard ASRock x390 Taichi Ultimate
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ RGB DDR4 @ 3400MHz 14-14-14-32
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080 with Heatkiller Water Block
Storage 2x Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD in RAID 0, 1x WD Blue 1TB M.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440
Case CoolerMaster P500M Mesh
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Keyboard Corsair K75
Benchmark Scores Really Really High
Wish we had ez software for intel too, and for older stuff like ddr3.

You don't need stuff like this for Intel systems.

zens do not like Corsair Vengeance for sure

Check my system specs ;-) This is one of cheapest DDR4 kits on market, advertised as 3000MHz 15 17 17 35 iirc. Also keep in mind that I'm using pretty cheap Asus motherboard as well. With that said, i was able to load XMP profile and system ran rock solid. With a little bit of tweaking i got this kit working at 3000MHz CL14, now testing 3400MHz CL16. No issues for over a week so i guess I can call it stable OC as well.

Perhaps there are Corsair Vengeance kits that do not play nicely with Ryzen processors, but definitely not all of them. And yes, this RAM kit came with "Intel compatible" sticker on it :)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Check my system specs ;-) This is one of cheapest DDR4 kits on market, advertised as 3000MHz 15 17 17 35 iirc. Also keep in mind that I'm using pretty cheap Asus motherboard as well. With that said, i was able to load XMP profile and system ran rock solid. With a little bit of tweaking i got this kit working at 3000MHz CL14, now testing 3400MHz CL16. No issues for over a week so i guess I can call it stable OC as well.

Perhaps there are Corsair Vengeance kits that do not play nicely with Ryzen processors, but definitely not all of them. And yes, this RAM kit came with "Intel compatible" sticker on it :)
There is a thread I am dealing with where the person does have Vengeance Ram in it and it's not working for them

System Name Main
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard B550 PG Velocita
Cooling Water
Memory Ballistix
Video Card(s) RX 6900XT
Storage T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Display(s) Samsung UE590
Case QUBE 500
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623
Power Supply LEADEX V 1KW
Mouse Cooler Master MM710
Keyboard Huntsman Elite
Software 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/damric/
So you are expert on what I need?

_havran_

Hello, I have MB Asrock B450 Pro4 Uefi version 3.31, Ryzen 5 2600 and DRAM DDR4 Patriot Viper4 3000Mhz (micron) cl16-18-18-36

When I starting Ryzen DDR calculator - program writing notice - "sysinfo not work". When I setting the spec manualy and start Safe setting - program crash to desktop.

Sorry for my bad english.