• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS ROG Strix Carry is a Compact Wireless Mouse That Can Game

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ASUS unveiled the Republic of Gamers (ROG) Strix Carry compact wireless mouse, with "gaming" conspicuously missing from its main branding. Its specs sheet, however, suggests it can game. The mouse requires two AA batteries, adding around 50 g to the mouse's 72 g dry-weight. Measuring 101 mm x 62 mm x 36 mm (LxWxH), the ROG Strix Carry features an almost ambidextrous design although is designed for the right hand, with two right-side programmable buttons. The two main buttons have socketed switches, letting users replace switches on their own. The included switches are made by Omron.

Under the hood, the ROG Strix Carry packs a 7,200-dpi optical sensor with an on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment. It supports two wireless modes, 2.4 GHz RF (needs the included USB dongle) and Bluetooth (dongle not needed, your notebook/PC needs to have a Bluetooth interface). The RF mode offers more responsiveness (for gaming), while Bluetooth mode offers more battery-life. The mouse offers up to 300 hours of gaming in RF mode, or up to 465 hours of standard usage in Bluetooth mode. The company didn't reveal pricing.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

It's Asus, they ask for 39€ for keycaps for a keyboard. 'Reasonable price' is something Asus doesn't know that well...

That's true, but seeing as the Pugio is now 44 GBP and Gladius II Origin 42 GBP and they have all the fancy RGB stuff. If they can do this for 30-35 GBP I would pick one up.

Uses AA batteries... Am I the only one that thinks that's lame?

Uses AA batteries... Am I the only one that thinks that's lame?

It works for me, I have a charger and bunch of them. I might forget to plug in wireless mouse to charge it, but with this, just flip the cover pop news ones in and good to go.

Well I guess that is better than your wireless mouse that goes dead and you have to wait for it to charge if you want to be wireless again.