• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA Releases Free Nahimic 3D Software for NU Audio Sound Card

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
In January 2019, EVGA launched the NU Audio Card. The NU Audio Card was designed to produce the most immersive audio and lifelike gaming experienced on a PC. This was achieved, in part, by partnering with Audio Note (UK), Ltd. - a world-renowned audio company dedicated to using only the highest quality components and materials in its products, even if it means creating the components in-house. The result is an audio card that features specs often used in higher-end audiophile equipment but at an affordable price for PC enthusiasts. This partnership produced an audio card that has been praised by many reviewers for its Lifelike Audio quality and its dedication to audio fidelity.

Today, EVGA releases a free software update that further enhances and upgrades the capabilities of the EVGA NU Audio Card for owners using Windows 10. The NU Audio Card is now enhanced by Nahimic with 3D Audio for Gamers, along with many other features.

These include:
  • Nahimic 3D Audio for Gamers - The NU Audio Card now supports virtual surround at the click of a button. Games, PCM audio, movies, and other content can all be played back with virtual surround, even if it is a stereo source.
  • Reverb effects - Change the environmental soundstage of your audio to simulate different effects.
  • Dynamic Compression - Avoid volume spikes through the NU Audio Software by choosing a compression mode to match your listening environment.
  • Recording effects - The NU Audio Card now has a volume stabilizer to minimize the difference in voice volume when speaking, as well as ambient noise reduction to minimize static audio from your environment.
  • Quick EQ option - In addition to the 10-band equalizer, the NU Audio Card now features a Quick EQ option to quickly adjust output levels for bass, vocal clarity, and treble.
These features are available through the latest driver download for Windows 10 on our Download Center, located here.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Most useless and over hipped stereo sound card ever. In the era of Dolby Atmos, 7.1 surround and real 3D sound, they are promoting a stereo soundcard like it's the 2nd coming. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Most useless and over hipped stereo sound card ever. In the era of Dolby Atmos, 7.1 surround and real 3D sound, they are promoting a stereo soundcard like it's the 2nd coming. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

It's 2019 how do you not know that stereo is way better for surround sound than "7.1 surround and real 3D sound" is?

D

Deleted member 24505

So they should considering it is a £200 card.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
@btarunr
I'm confused... the title says released (like its new), but the body says updated (like its existed). Was Nahimic software available for this card previously and they added new features or does it now work with the card and first released?

@btarunr
I'm confused... the title says released (like its new), but the body says updated (like its existed). Was Nahimic software available for this card previously and they added new features or does it now work with the card and first released?

It's more like... upgraded (added new features to existing software).

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
That is what I thought, but, just going by the words in the title it confused me a bit.

This is no different than the Nahimic software some motherboards carry for free, but perhaps with different features the NU Audio card can perofrm.