• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Releases EK-Momentum ROG Strix Z390-I Monoblock for the Mini-ITX ROG Motherboard

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
EK Water Blocks, premium computer liquid cooling gear manufacturer from Europe, is releasing an Intel LGA1151 socket based monoblock belonging to the Quantum Line. The EK-Momentum Strix Z390-I is tailor-made for the ROG Strix Z390-I motherboard. The mini-ITX form factor often suffers worse airflow due to less space, and having less space on the motherboard means less VRM components can be built into it.

Having liquid cooling over the VRM area in mini-ITX enclosures is extremely beneficial for the motherboard lifespan and ability to get high overclocks. The addressable, digital RGB LED in the monoblock is compatible with ASUS AURA RGB control, thus offering a full lighting customization experience for every single diode at any given time.

EK-Momentum ROG Strix Z390-I D-RGB
This is a complete all-in-one (CPU and motherboard) liquid cooling solution for motherboards that supports the 8th and 9th generation of Intel Core processors. Motherboards that are compatible with this monoblock are the following: ROG Strix Z390-I.

Designed and engineered in cooperation with ASUS , this monoblock uses the latest generation of EK cooling engine used on the Quantum lineup to ensure the best possible CPU cooling while not reducing flow to other components. This water block directly cools the LGA1151 socket type CPU, as well as the voltage regulation (MOSFET) module. Liquid flows directly over all critical areas, providing the enthusiasts with a great solution for high and stable overclocks. Like with every EK monoblock, EK-Momentum ROG Strix Z390-I D-RGB features high flow design and it can be easily used with the system using a weaker water pump or lower pump speed settings as well. The Momentum monoblock also comes with sophisticated D-RGB (addressable) lightning which connects to a standard 3-pin 5V D-RGB header.

This Z390 monoblock also comes with a special cold plate which ensures that the monoblock has better mechanical contact with the IHS of 8th and 9th gen Intel 1151 socket based processors by avoiding raised corners. The result is better thermal transfer. The base of the monoblock is made of nickel-plated electrolytic copper while the top is made of quality acrylic glass material. The nickel plated brass screw-in standoffs are pre-installed and allow for easy installation.

A Digital (addressable) 3-pin 5V D-RGB LED strip is installed in the monoblock that connects to the motherboard's 3-pin LED header or it can be connected to any other supported 5V 3-pin LED controller. This product is compatible with ASUS Aura RGB control software. The arrow marking on the 3-pin LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the RGB header.

Availability and Pricing
EK-Momentum ROG Strix Z390-I D-RGB - Plexi monoblock is made in Slovenia, Europe and is readily available for purchase through the EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network for €141.90.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

D

Deleted member 182486

If anyone has questions, I'll do my best to answer them :)

System Name Main / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X / Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard Strix B550i / B450i Aorus Pro
Cooling Lian-Li Galahad 360 / Wraith Spire
Memory Corsair LPX 2x16 3600MHz / HyperX Predator 2x8GB 3200MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 FE / ARC A380
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB / Sabrent Rocket 256GB
Display(s) Acer Z301c / 39" Panasonic HDTV
Case Corsair 2000D / Cougar QBX
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V379 / Realtek ALC1220
Power Supply Corsair SF600 / BeQuiet SFX Power 2 450W
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Drop Sense75 with WQ Studio Morandi's
VR HMD Rift S
Software Win 11 Pro 64Bit
System Name Proper
Processor 5900X + OC
Motherboard GB X570s Elite AX
Cooling WC Heatkiller 3.0 LT
Memory G.Skill 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3070 Ti Trinity LC'ed + OC
Storage KC2500 1TB + A2000 1TB
Display(s) GB M32Q
Case Fractal Define R6 USB C
Audio Device(s) Creative AE-7 + Phonic AM120
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-850
Mouse Log G502 X LS
Keyboard Keychron K5 Opt.brown
Please EK - never go full retard plexi on monoblocks - they're just plain ugly that way.

D

Deleted member 182486

Please EK - never go full retard plexi on monoblocks - they're just plain ugly that way.

Can you clarify? Full plexi as in the top section being all plexi? Or mostly plexi like in this case? Or?

D

Deleted member 182486

Off topic, but is it at all likely that you might make a monoblock for an upcoming X570 (Ryzen 3000) Mini-ITX board?

I'd say the Strix ITX is probably likely, but that would be the only one I'd reasonably expect. No confirmation or certainty though.

I'd say the Strix ITX is probably likely, but that would be the only one I'd reasonably expect. No confirmation or certainty though.

Great, good to know. I've been wanting a monoblock for ITX for a while, but have my eye on new Ryzen so would be amazing if you make that happen. :D

System Name Proper
Processor 5900X + OC
Motherboard GB X570s Elite AX
Cooling WC Heatkiller 3.0 LT
Memory G.Skill 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3070 Ti Trinity LC'ed + OC
Storage KC2500 1TB + A2000 1TB
Display(s) GB M32Q
Case Fractal Define R6 USB C
Audio Device(s) Creative AE-7 + Phonic AM120
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-850
Mouse Log G502 X LS
Keyboard Keychron K5 Opt.brown
Can you clarify? Full plexi as in the top section being all plexi? Or mostly plexi like in this case? Or?
It's just that monoblock usually requires kind of complicated fluid routing, which when combined with transparent top leaves us with a chaotic mess to look at. Acetal tops look way cleaner in comparison.

And sorry for a bit harsh words - I saw that I may have gone overboard, after i read them myself.

Processor 5800x
Motherboard b550-e
Cooling full - custom liquid loop
Memory cl16 - 32gb
Video Card(s) 6800xt
Storage nvme 1TB + ssd 750gb
Display(s) xg32vc
Case hyte y60
Power Supply 1000W - gold
Software 10
EK, why in last few years your price tag for gpu or cpu blocks just destroying our wallets?

Would like to see some full cover on stuff like MSI MEG X399. Plus some dedicated VRM, NB/SB coolers. Some of it will be needed for next AMD motherboards apparently.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
If Asus made an ITX board like this in AMD flavor that wasn't priced through the roof or vaporware I'd be all over it Asus boycott be damned.

Last edited:
Processor 5800x
Motherboard b550-e
Cooling full - custom liquid loop
Memory cl16 - 32gb
Video Card(s) 6800xt
Storage nvme 1TB + ssd 750gb
Display(s) xg32vc
Case hyte y60
Power Supply 1000W - gold
Software 10
sure it cost, but nowadays much more people doing water cooling so profit going up, so whats a point to be a greedy ? if exist other brands where you can go ? :/

Leds cost money

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
sure it cost, but nowadays much more people doing water cooling so profit going up, so whats a point to be a greedy ? if exist other brands where you can go ? :/

Also leds don't cost that much warranting such a mark up and are only aesthetic. Personally I'm switching to Alphacool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 182486

Would like to see some full cover on stuff like MSI MEG X399. Plus some dedicated VRM, NB/SB coolers. Some of it will be needed for next AMD motherboards apparently.

Full cover as in chipset included? If so, definitely submit a ticket to our support team requesting it! We're seeing some interest in that due to the fans on the chipset heatsinks.

EK, why in last few years your price tag for gpu or cpu blocks just destroying our wallets?

You say this, but we have options like the Classic and Fluid Gaming series available which are cheaper than previous options.