• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tecware VXR, Nexus C, Vega, M2 Micro Among Other Cases on Display at Computex 2019

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
While visiting the Tecware exhibit, we took the time to check out the numerous cases they had on hand. We started with the VXR dual chamber chassis which was eye-grabbing, to say the least. Featuring a dual chamber layout, it had a sandblasted aluminum exterior with front and side tempered glass panels for getting the best possible view of your hardware. While some cases with such a layout can be starved for air, Tecware took that into account with increased airflow and cooling configurations being available. That, of course, brings up the potential for dust; however, they made sure to include dust filters to help mitigate the issue. On top of all that, the VXR also has removable HDD/SSD trays for easier installation along with extra space for improved cable management.

Taking a closer look at the cooling options the VXR has clearance for CPU coolers of up to 140mm in height which is a bit limiting, but when you consider its radiator support more than makes up for it. The chassis has enough space for up to a 240mm radiator in the top, 240mm radiator in the bottom, and a 360mm radiator on the side. Actual space for fans is a bit different with the case allowing for 3x 120mm in the front, 3x 120mm on the side and 3x 120mm in the bottom. Overall the case is a solid option for custom water cooling or for those planning to use an all-in-one liquid cooled GPU and CPU. As for graphics cards, total clearance was listed as 385mm. Finally, storage and expansion space consist of 2x 3.5" HDD, 4x 2.5" SSD (2 modular SSD trays) and 8x expansion slots. The VXR has an MSRP of $89.99.

The case we looked at was the M2 Micro, which is a MATX mini tower and makes use of a compact design. It has a matte finish on the front panel with mesh ventilation for improved airflow. Meanwhile, the logo on the front is illuminated by white LEDs. It has a tempered glass side panel as well, which is currently all the rage. Internally the chassis supports MATX and ITX motherboards, graphics cards up to 350mm in length and CPU coolers up to 160mm in height. Top and bottom dust filters are included as well. When it comes to storage, it has 2x 3.5" HDD bays, 2x 2.5" SSD bays. In terms of pricing, the M2 Micro is highly affordable with an MSRP of $45.99

Next up was the Nexus C a compact ATX mid-tower offering that will likely prove more popular with enthusiasts that prefer clean, minimalistic designs. The front panel has a matte finish with full-length side air vents for airflow and like the M2 Micro features a tempered glass side panel. When it comes to dust filtration filters for the front, bottom and top are included. Motherboard support consists of ATX, MATX, and ITX. CPU coolers are limited to 160mm in height. However, water cooling is better supported here with space for up to a 240 mm radiator in the front and up to a 240 mm in the top. When it comes to fans three are included 2x 120mm in the front and 1x 120mm in the rear with space for 2x 120mm or 2x 140mm in the top. Like the M2 Micro, HDD and SSD storage remains the same with 2x 3.5" and 2x 2.5" bays respectively. As for graphics card clearance, it too remains the same as the M2 at 350mm. The Nexus C has a listed MSRP of $49.99.

For the RGB enthusiast who needs more than just RGB fans or for those wanting a touch of color and nothing more there is Tecware's Nexus EVO. It is a compact ATX mid-tower chassis that features RGB illumination of the front side vents. Tastefully done it adds a nice subtle glow without being in your face making it quite versatile in that regard. Running down the list of features it to sports a matte finish and tempered glass side panel. The front panel is also a bit different from the other cases here in that it has an angular design improving its visual appeal. Maximum CPU cooler height is listed at 160mm like most of the cases on display, and the same goes to radiator support as well with up to a 240mm up top and up to a 240mm in front. Graphics card clearance was listed at 350mm as well. In regards to storage, the case has space for 2x 3.5" HDDs and 2x 2.5" SSDs. Motherboard support consists of ATX, MATX, and ITX. The MSRP is listed as $49.99

The Vega chassis sports tempered glass front and side panels with large side vents on the front panel for improved airflow. It also comes equipped with 3x 120mm RGB fans pre-installed in the front with another 120mm RGB fan in the rear. sIn regards to cooling the case support CPU cooler of up to 160mm in height and radiators up to 360mm in front and 280mm up top. Graphics card clearance is limited to 350mm in length or less. Motherboard support includes ATX, MATX, and ITX while storage options include 2x 3.5" HDDs and 2x 2.5" SSDs. Like many of the other cases on display, the Vega also had a sandblasted aluminium exterior and has optional dust filters for all air intakes. What sets the Vega apart is that it comes with the ARC lighting system which includes the fans but also a controller hub that can handle 8 fans total and 3x LED strips, it works with 5V ARGB headers. The Vega chassis with ARC lighting F1 has an MSRP of $64.99, and the F3 version has an MSRP of $72.99.

The last case we looked at was the M1 Micro, a MATX chassis that has support for up to a 360mm radiator in the front and a 280mm radiator up top. This was quite a nice surprise given its compact nature. Air coolers aren't quite as lucky being limited to 160mm in height. Meanwhile, graphics cards up to 393mm should have no issues fitting. To improve cooling performance in this small chassis, Tecware equipped it with a full mesh front panel which was nice to see considering the amount of tempered glass we had seen thus far. Motherboard support includes MATX and ITX. Another surprise was the storage options with the M1 Micro being capable of supporting 2x 3.5" HDDs and up to 4x 2.5" SSDs giving it ample space for users wanting a bit more storage. As with Tecware's other cases, dust filters are included for all intakes here as well. The M1 Micro has a listed MSRP of $43.99 in black and $45.99 in white.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I get the impression Computex is pretty much completely skippable at this point.

Generic, more of the same, and no real new products. Yes we get it, you can have your heatsinks, AIOs, cases in all shapes and sizes... I'm looking for practical use... not seen anything new or exciting.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Tecware, more like Tecripoff

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Are we going to ignore that these designs blatantly rip off Lian Li, Fractal, nzxt, phanteks, coolermaster? I don't see a single original design here

That, and the top grills are atrocious - they didn't even improve on the design at all.

System Name Desktop / "Console"
Processor Ryzen 5950X / Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus X570 Hero / Asus X570-i
Cooling EK AIO Elite 280 / Cryorig C1
Memory 32GB Gskill Trident DDR4-3600 CL16 / 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE / RTX 2080ti FE
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus NVME / 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 NVME, 1TB Intel 660P
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW / LG 65CX Oled
Case Lian Li O11 Mini / Sliger CL530 Conswole
Audio Device(s) Sony AVR, SVS speakers & subs / Marantz AVR, SVS speakers & subs
Power Supply ROG Loki 1000 / Silverstone SX800
VR HMD Quest 3
Are we going to ignore that these designs blatantly rip off Lian Li, Fractal, nzxt, phanteks, coolermaster? I don't see a single original design here

lol that is seriously about as blatant as you can get....wow. Apparently there must not be a way for companies to protect "design language" or whatever you would call it. In all fairness though, Fractal did borrow quite generously from the Antec P180/183 line when they first came into the market.

I get the impression Computex is pretty much completely skippable at this point.

Generic, more of the same, and no real new products. Yes we get it, you can have your heatsinks, AIOs, cases in all shapes and sizes... I'm looking for practical use... not seen anything new or exciting.

Wait, what? You mean Phanteks putting home stereo speaker grills on the sides of the Shift didn't do it for you?? /s
When I saw the headline for a Shift Air it immediately got my attention as that is one case I have interest in, but is out of the question due to basically requiring all water cooling to function. Then I saw speaker grills.... I'll pass on the prospect of something accidentally skewering my pc's internals.....

Last edited: