• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Square Enix Reveals its Stadia Lineup

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Square Enix is excited to confirm that TOMB RAIDER, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and FINAL FANTASY XV will all be available on Stadia when the new platform launches this November.

TOMB RAIDER explores the intense origin story of Lara Croft and her ascent from an untested young woman to a hardened survivor. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold.

In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara becomes more than a survivor, and embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition in search of the secret of immortality. She'll explore a vast and hostile world, engage in guerilla combat, and discover deadly tombs.

In Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Lara must travel to a magnificent environment filled with the largest tombs in franchise history, hidden secrets, and cunning new enemies. As she races to save the world from a Maya apocalypse, Lara will be forged into the Tomb Raider she is destined to be.

FINAL FANTASY XV is the critically acclaimed roleplaying game (RPG) and the latest entry in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Set in an enthralling world where fantasy meets reality, players will join Crown Prince Noctis and his comrades on an epic journey of brotherhood, love and despair as they unravel Noctis's destiny and take up arms against the warmongering empire, Niflheim. With a captivating cast of characters, breathtaking visuals, open-world exploration and action-packed real-time combat, FINAL FANTASY XV is the ultimate FINAL FANTASY experience for fans and newcomers to the series.

"We're thrilled to bring the critically acclaimed Tomb Raider trilogy to Stadia." said Gary Snethen, Chief Technology Officer at Crystal Dynamics. "It's an exciting new platform, and we're always pleased when new audiences can discover Lara's origin story."

"Stadia brings new opportunities to our research and development teams, who always love a new challenge," said Julien Bouvrais, Chief Technology Officer at Eidos-Montreal. "Being part of the first round of games released on the platform allows us to break new ground, and shows our studio's dedication to delivering trailblazing experiences for all players."

"We're pleased with the opportunity to bring the engaging characters and immersive world of FINAL FANTASY XV to even more players through the Stadia platform," said FINAL FANTASY Brand Manager Shinji Hashimoto. "The journey of Crown Prince Noctis is the perfect adventure for players to enjoy through Stadia."

TOMB RAIDER, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider are available now worldwide on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC/Steam. FINAL FANTASY XV is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC/Steam/Origin.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
The irony of bringing a discontinued game (FFXV) to a new platform doesn't elude me... :D

Milk on!

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I wonder if Stadia includes all DLC and expansions for the subscription games.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I wonder if Stadia includes all DLC and expansions for the subscription games.
I would doubt it since they are charging a subscription fee plus charging to buy the games. Based on that I wouldn’t be surprised if people will be charged for DLC’s.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
I still see this being another fail,

Monthly subscription with the need of purchasing titles and DLC, in an environment that being more like Netflix means games will dissappear over time or so I would expect just like with OnLive years ago.

So disappearing games, server location, distance, subscription, full cost games, What makes this more attractive vs a console again? one time cost and if I want a shit subscription id just pay EA for Access. Meanwhile most of the games Ive seen thus far I already got ages ago on Steam sales or cheap deals.

Also while Europe and some Asian countries have solid internet infrastructure in the USA if your not in a metropolitan area your likely gonna have a bad time.

I mean a service that I get games from with a low price would be great in theory... but if I can't count on a title to be there when I am ready to go back its far less appealing than just buying from Steam / GoG / etc. I can still go back and play those ancient titles if I want to. They would need to directly list the dates when a title will be removed which is unlikely. As such while an interesting concept its just not all that useful. Because if I need to purchase a title and own it meaning I have access indefinitely or as close to that as possible. WHy would I want to stream it? depending on living situation etc you might not be able to play it later. Meanwhile my steam account even with a shit connection works fine, long as the game is on my system woohoo I can play all day.

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
The irony of bringing a discontinued game (FFXV) to a new platform doesn't elude me... :D

Milk on!

I'm still salty about the cancelled episodes...
/SALT