• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Noctua Presents New Chromax Line Fan and Heatsink Accessories

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Noctua today presented new fan and heatsink accessories as part of its chromax line that allows colour-configuring Noctua products in order to coordinate them with individual build colour schemes. Complementing the existing NA-SAVP1 anti-vibration pads in black, blue, green, red, white and yellow, the new NA-SAVP1 chromax.grey anti-vibration pads are a perfect fit for the light and dark grey colour scheme of Noctua's 140 and 120mm redux line fans. The new NA-HC5 chromax.black.swap, NA-HC6 chromax.black and NA-HC6 chromax.white are add-on heatsink covers for the popular NH-U14S, NH-U14S TR4-SP3 and NH-U14S DX-3647 CPU coolers.

"We've seen an overwhelming customer response to our chromax line that allows users to customise the visual design of their heatsinks and fans in order to create unique, individual builds that impress with subtle, classy colour accents rather than overblown lighting effects," says Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO). "With the new pads and heatsink covers, we're expanding our offer, giving customers even more possibilities for colour-coordinating their fans and enabling NH-U14S users to customise their coolers."

So far, the NA-SAVP1 anti-vibration pads have only been available in black, blue, green, red, yellow and white. The new dark-grey version is an ideal fit for the latest 14 and 12cm redux line fans such as the popular NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM and NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM.* Equally, the grey pads can also be used to add a subtle touch of grey to black 14 and 12cm fans such as the NF-F12 chromax.black.swap or NF-A14 industrialPPC. Like the other NA-SAVP1 sets, the new chromax.grey version includes 16 pads for outfitting up to 2 fans.

While Noctua has been offering chromax line heatsink covers for NH-D15(S) and NH-U12S line CPU coolers since 2017, the new NA-HC5 chromax.black.swap, NA-HC6 chromax.black and NA-HC6 chromax.white covers have been designed for the NH-U14S line. Supporting the NH-U14S, NH-U14S TR4-SP3 for AMD Threadripper and NH-U14S DX-3647 for Intel Xeon, the new chromax.black and chromax.white variants of the NA-HC6 are ideal for all-black or black-and-white builds when combined with the NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap fan. The NA-HC5 chromax.black.swap with its swappable colour inlays in black, blue, green, red, yellow and white allows the cooler to be colour-coordinated with various build colour schemes.

Price and Availability
The manufacturer's suggested retail prices are EUR/USD 6.90 for the NA-SAVP1 chromax.grey and EUR/USD 19.90 for the NA-HC5 chromax.black.swap, NA-HC6 chromax.black and NA-HC6 chromax.white.

For more information, visit the product pages:
View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Wouldn't a peace of plastic sitting on top of my heat sink only make temps worse?

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
I wouldn't mind seeing a computer case by Noctua some day. ugly beige of course.. ;)

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Wouldn't a peace of plastic sitting on top of my heat sink only make temps worse?
Not if the heat sink fins are designed to focus the air flow through the heat sink.

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Not if the heat sink fins are designed to focus the air flow through the heat sink.

I think we should find out, someone needs to buy one for me and I will test it on my U12s.

I wouldn't mind seeing a computer case by Noctua some day. ugly beige of course.. ;)

They will announce their case line at CES 2020...they will come to market in 2023

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
So, they can't think of anything that's actually innovative, so they task the marketing dept with coming up with a new plan....

And that is:

wait for it..................

wait for it............

"Hey, lets just take an existing product line, put out yet anutha color choice for it & call it "NEW"

Yep, that's innovation for ya, WOW, great job Noctua :cry: :( :confused:

Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
So, they can't think of anything that's actually innovative, so they task the marketing dept with coming up with a new plan....
And that is:
wait for it............
"Hey, lets just take an existing product line, put out yet anutha color choice for it & call it "NEW"
Considering the flak Noctua got over their... distinctive color scheme, different colours are a pretty good thing :)

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64

And that is:

wait for it............

Yep, that's innovation for ya, WOW, great job Noctua :cry: :( :confused:

Dude...like, I am not judging you. Really, I am not :D, but there isn't a news piece about cosmetic stuff: case, fan, cooler, etc. where you'd give the same permutation of: boring+seen it before+long high pitched yawn :) I feel like there should be: bonehead123 seal of Approval award, since you say something positive every so often. ;)

Maybe they should integrate the covers into their ugly heatsinks instead of milking their customers. Even the cheap lowend Cooler Master heatsinks have it.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro

I do too. But I still think they're just being spiteful pricks.

NF-A12x25 Redux When?

Apparently next year. But they've promised things before and it's still awol (like black heat sinks).

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
I already feel bad for calling them pricks above. I DO like the performance on their products, but honestly, I'm stumped on the reasons for their choices other than what I said.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Dude...like, I am not judging you. Really, I am not :D, but there isn't a news piece about cosmetic stuff: case, fan, cooler, etc. where you'd give the same permutation of: boring+seen it before+long high pitched yawn :) I feel like there should be: bonehead123 seal of Approval award, since you say something positive every so often. ;)

Well, dude, I give credit AND criticism where & when I feel it is due....

If you do not feel that I am entitled to express my opinions, either negative or positive, then perhaps you should just ignore my posts, or if it really bothers you that much, just report them to the mods for a censorship decision :)

However, the fact that remains & is indisputable, is that so many of the products that have been announced in the past year or 2 are just cheap-ass attempts at cashing in on someone else's success by making something similar, with extremely minor variations, and calling it "new" or "innovative", when in reality, it is not.

As the other posters in this thread have noted, CoolerMaster pretty much created this simple, effective, and affordable cooler design a long time ago, and has made some modest but nice updates to it over the years.

Noctua coming along & slapping some anti-vibe pads on their butt-ugly but well-performing fans & making some additional colors of cap plates for their cooler tower does not now, nor will it ever, change the above facts.... it merely gives them the right to say "me too" with regards to their cooling product lines....

Now, if you are inclined to allow it, I shall retreat back under my rock and leave you to discover even more pathetic, copy-cat, unremarkable clone-zone products, the ones that look almost but not quite just like the last 83.67 that were announced.

ps..... bye bye now, have a nice day :peace:

It's still a piece of plastic, there will be somekind of blockage regardless. If it was made of metal & act as an extension to the heatsink then this would be different.

Last edited:
System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZXR, AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
It's still a piece of plastic, there will be somekind of blockage regardless. If it was made of metal & act as an extension to the heatsink then this would be different.

The most it's gonna do is 0.5 to 1 degree celcius higher than stock cooler.

Not as bad a Backplate on a GPU, that's heating up a GPU by atleast 5C.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
All it does is keep one single fin from radiating upward. The heat will still get woodshed out the back by the heatsink fan. If anything, it focuses that heat dissipation to the airflow from that one single fin.