• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ADATA Technology Releases SSD Toolbox Software

ADATA Technology has announced the release of its proprietary software for monitoring the status and maintaining the performance of ADATA solid state drives. The new software, named ADATA SSD Toolbox, will enable users to quickly and conveniently configure, optimize, and monitor the overall health of their solid state drives.

ADATA SSD Toolbox allows for the monitoring of drive health and remaining life through Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) attributes. It also lets the user keep track of the current operating temperature, capacity, and total space used. The drive utilities include SSD security erase, which wipes all data from the drive and restores the drive to its factory default, firmware update, and SSD Toolbox update. For achieving best performance with the drive and the operating system, the software supports both system (SSD) and OS optimization functions. Supported operating systems include Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit), Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit), and Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit) versions.

To check for problems, the SSD Toolbox has two diagnostic options: Quick Diagnostics, which runs basic tests on the selected drive, and Full Diagnostics, which runs extended tests on the selected drive and takes more time. These two scan choices allow users to choose the desired level of problem detection, depending on the time and resources available.

The wide range of functionality built into the software is expected to provide users of ADATA SSDs with the informational, management, and diagnostic tools needed to ensure that SSDs maintain their performance advantages for years to come. For a list of all ADATA SSDs that are compatible with SSD Toolbox, please visit http://www.adata-group.com/index.php?action=ss_main&page=ss_software_6&lan=en.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Am I the only one that finds it funny that the app shows an OCZ Vertex 4 SSD rather than one of Adata's own drives?

Am I the only one that finds it funny that the app shows an OCZ Vertex 4 SSD rather than one of Adata's own drives?

That's on me actually, I ran the SSD Toolbox on my PC to get the screenshot :D .

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Fun fact: between the time that ADATA sold its first SSD and the release of its SSD Toolbox, OCZ was formed and went out of business.

But seriously, it's only taken ADATA forever to release something like this, despite every competitor having similar for years.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
I like it. I have a small Adata ssd running on the msata slot. But it also recognizes my main SSD. Its pretty, I will keep it. :)

Grover Koo

The toolbox can't reconnize my new sx8200 pro 1TB, HDTune can't show the content in m.1!
The toolbox or the firmware are not function well