• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CORSAIR Launches CORSAIR 220T RGB Airflow Smart Case and iCUE SP RGB PRO Fans

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
CORSAIR, a world leader in PC gaming peripherals and enthusiast components, today announced the new iCUE 220T RGB Airflow Smart Case and iCUE SP RGB PRO range of 120 mm and 140 mm RGB cooling fans, enabling vibrant RGB lighting and strong cooling performance out-of-the-box with full iCUE software integration. The CORSAIR iCUE 220T RGB Airflow offers PC enthusiasts the cooling they need for high-powered systems along with stunning visuals to stand out from the crowd. Meticulously designed for powerful and efficient cooling, the 220T RGB Airflow sports a distinctive removable steel front panel allowing for high airflow into the case, and an internal layout that directs that cool air to your PC's hottest components.

Behind the steel front panel are three included SP120 RGB PRO fans, cooling your system down while lighting it up with eight individually addressable RGB LEDs per fan, for a total of 24. SP120 RGB PRO fans provide high airflow and static pressure along with their stunning lighting, optimized for low-noise operation with a maximum speed of 1,400 RPM. The 220T RGB Airflow offers the potential for even more cooling with ample room for up to 6x 120 mm fans, up to 4x 140 mm fans, or multiple radiators in sizes up to 360 mm.

The three SP120 RGB PRO fans connect to an included CORSAIR iCUE Lighting Node CORE, the newest addition to the range of CORSAIR iCUE lighting controllers. The Lighting Node CORE connects directly to up to six of the same CORSAIR RGB fans, without the need for a separate fan hub, cutting down on cable clutter and making installing vivid RGB fan lighting easier than ever. Experience near-unlimited lighting customization via iCUE software, letting you create intricate lighting patterns and effects synchronized across all your compatible CORSAIR devices, including fans, DRAM, keyboards, mice, LED light strips, and more.

The 220T RGB Airflow houses your system behind a single edge-to-edge tempered glass side panel to showcase your PC's high-profile components and full-scale light shows. Its flexible storage options let you install up to four drives, including two 2.5 in trays and two trays in a removable cage that can accommodate additional 3.5 in or 2.5 in drives. Intuitive cable routing channels with built-in rubber grommets make for exceptionally tidy builds with improved airflow. A full-length PSU cover hides your power supply and cables, while removable dust filters in the floor, roof, and front of the case help keep your system clean, making it easy to build and maintain a great, professional-looking PC.

Both the iCUE 220T RGB Airflow and SP RGB PRO fans deliver outstanding lighting right out of the box, without sacrificing the cooling performance that enthusiasts demand for today's most ambitious system builds. The CORSAIR iCUE 220T RGB Airflow is available in either black or white. CORSAIR iCUE SP RGB PRO fans are sold separately, available in packs of 3x 120 mm, 1x 120 mm, 2x 140 mm, and 1x 140 mm. Triple and Dual kits both include an iCUE Lighting Node CORE RGB Lighting Controller. A compatible iCUE digital lighting controller is required for software RGB lighting control with all SP RGB PRO fans. The 220T RGB Airflow and SP RGB PRO fans are backed by a two-year warranty and the CORSAIR worldwide customer service and technical support network.

To learn more about the 220T RGB Airflow and SP RGB PRO fans, please visit:
  • 220T RGB Airflow: https://www.corsair.com/220t-airflow-mid-tower-case
  • SP120 RGB PRO: https://www.corsair.com/sp120-rgb-pro-fans
  • SP140 RGB PRO: https://www.corsair.com/sp140-rgb-pro-fans
  • The launch video for the 220T RGB Airflow can be found at the link: https://youtu.be/n6VdwtRUznQ

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Man, they just keep on getting uglier and uglier..

Yep.

On a side note - Im sure that front facia will restrict airflow. Ive seen steve from GamersNexus review a similar case with the same design and it really restricted the flow until he took a drill to the case and made those holes bigger.

Air flow its going to be particularly worse for the 3rd fan at the bottom as its the most covered up.

I agree they are getting uglier each new product launch. NZXT seems to be hitting the right notes.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
And to think people made fun of the recently released Mac Pro's cheeze-grater front panel :confused: :roll: :fear:

But at least this one is steel and not some cheap-ass plastic...

And I generally likes Corsair's products too (of which I am currently using fans, AIO, ram, Air540 & 740), but this one holds no appeal for me at all...

I dont use case at all, just clean every 6 months, 15 minutes of your time and good to go, you will save money and end up with much better temps, I use air conditioner, ambient temperature is always 24c, my last case was coolermaster cosmos v1000.

I dont use case at all, just clean every 6 months, 15 minutes of your time and good to go, you will save money and end up with much better temps, I use air conditioner, ambient temperature is always 24c, my last case was coolermaster cosmos v1000.

It's risky, there are lots of reasons to use a case. I have a dog and a daughter. Hell people could come over and fry a machine by touching it...

Oh and on topic, the front panel is removable.

You can remove the ugly front panel. It actually looks pretty damn good with just the dust filter.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
I mean, they could differantiate their chassis from all the other identical ones by adding innovative features... or they could hire a graphics designer who dropped out of college due to a crack addiction and ask them to make something edgy. Guess which one Corsair went with here.

I agree they are getting uglier each new product launch. NZXT seems to be hitting the right notes.

If your into negative pressure. Their new refresh is worse, they moved the front fan mounts closer to the glass.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
There seems to be a gap between the front facia and the fans on the sides.

airflow will be okay.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
NZXT is hitting right notes in making choking hazards for cases. Phanteks, Cooler Master and Fractal Design on the other hand certainly are making really good cases.

HAHAHA lol no. Look up the Q500L, or watch the video in the 3rd post.