• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400A Case

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Phanteks today introduces its newest addition to the Eclipse lineup, the P400A. With engineering improvements, Phanteks is able to explore new ways to deliver a new level of airflow performance with the P400A. The P400A offers a stunning new ultra-fine, high airflow metal mesh front panel design that combines style with performance.

The P400A breathes performance and is packed with features including a spacious open interior, extensive storage options, and integrated Digital-RGB solution (Digital Version). Offering more performance out of the box, the P400A support upgrades like vertical GPU placement and up to 8x HDD positions. Whether customers prioritize aesthetics or performance, the P400A delivers.

The P400A will be available in three options:
  • P400A with integrated fan controller + 2x black fans. Black
  • P400A with integrated Digital-RGB controller + 3x D-RGB fans.
  • Black or White
ECLIPSE P400A MODELS PRICING:
  • P400A (Fan Controller): $69.99
  • P400A (Digital-RGB Controller): $89.99
Available By Mid August 2019.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Looks good, maybe that front panel actually has good airflow.

Processor 5800x
Motherboard b550-e
Cooling full - custom liquid loop
Memory cl16 - 32gb
Video Card(s) 6800xt
Storage nvme 1TB + ssd 750gb
Display(s) xg32vc
Case hyte y60
Power Supply 1000W - gold
Software 10
at least one company care about air flow

BoiseTech

Can I just buy the panel to replace on my existing P400 solid panel?

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Why does everything have to come with tempered glass these days? It's heavy, fragile, and requires four stupid bolts sticking out of the side.

The mesh front is great but how many people really care about RGBLED-lit aesthetics? I'm assuming most people with a full tower case put them on the floor, under their desk and out of sight. I'm right-handed so I put my desk-drawers on the right and my PC case on the left - meaning that any display windows are butted up against the wall anyway.

Dexiefy

Would love to know that aswell. While airflow is not the worst I would definately prefer mesh front to solid panel.

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Would love to know that aswell. While airflow is not the worst I would definately prefer mesh front to solid panel.

same, although a few weeks ago I removed my front panel just to see the temp difference (I use two enermax 140mm fans at low RPM) and I saw no real difference. Still I prefer a mesh front to a solid one.

Why does everything have to come with tempered glass these days? It's heavy, fragile, and requires four stupid bolts sticking out of the side.

The mesh front is great but how many people really care about RGBLED-lit aesthetics? I'm assuming most people with a full tower case put them on the floor, under their desk and out of sight. I'm right-handed so I put my desk-drawers on the right and my PC case on the left - meaning that any display windows are butted up against the wall anyway.

Because these are non-issues for 99% of people who buy these cases. Nobody cares about tempered glass being heavy and fragile when you won't really be touching your computer much after the first build. Unless you're a total dingus, then most of the concern for the glass getting damaged will happen during shipping.

If you don't like RGB you can just... turn it off. Or simply purchase the model that does not come with RGB fans. Lastly, this is a mid-tower not a full tower and a lot of us put our cases on our desk next to us instead of under it.

Seriously. It's like you people live life complaining about everything when you have so many alternatives(and for some reason can't handle that others might like what you don't). Nobody is forcing you to like this case nor is anybody forcing you to buy it. Just buy another freaking case that does not have what you just complained about. It's that easy

eandrews

Because these are non-issues for 99% of people who buy these cases. Nobody cares about tempered glass being heavy and fragile when you won't really be touching your computer much after the first build. Unless you're a total dingus, then most of the concern for the glass getting damaged will happen during shipping.

If you don't like RGB you can just... turn it off. Or simply purchase the model that does not come with RGB fans. Lastly, this is a mid-tower not a full tower and a lot of us put our cases on our desk next to us instead of under it.

Seriously. It's like you people live life complaining about everything when you have so many alternatives(and for some reason can't handle that others might like what you don't). Nobody is forcing you to like this case nor is anybody forcing you to buy it. Just buy another freaking case that does not have what you just complained about. It's that easy

*drops mic...crowd applauds*

System Name Katzi
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus X570S Pro AX 1.1
Cooling Phanteks Glacier 360
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16-16GTZNC (Dual Rank 32Gb)
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080
Storage Samsung SSD 980 1TB, 970 512GB Evo Plus, 1TB 870 QVO, 960 Pro
Display(s) AOC CQ27G2
Case NZXT H6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X3
Power Supply Corsair RMx850
Mouse Logitech G502X Plus & Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Keychron V2 translucent, Gateron Ink Black Silent, lubed & filmed.

If you look on their website, there is a version Without the RGB. No version without the TG - it's just Expected now.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
meh....

new mesh ok, but everything else same ole same same lame lame....AND no USB-C on the front I/O....

f.A.i.L.......

Unless you're a total dingus, then most of the concern for the glass getting damaged will happen during shipping.
Nobody is forcing you to like this case nor is anybody forcing you to buy it. Just buy another freaking case that does not have what you just complained about. It's that easy

I've bought 12 cases in the past 3 years for myself & clients, all with tempered glass, and not a single one of them got damaged during shipping, simply because they were properly packaged, padded, and protected by the mfgr from the start.....

And I agree, if you don't like it, buy a case without it, it's not like there is any shortage of non-TG cases available from practically every single case mfgr out there.......

meh....

new mesh ok, but everything else same ole same same lame lame....AND no USB-C on the front I/O....

f.A.i.L.......

I've bought 12 cases in the past 3 years for myself & clients, all with tempered glass, and not a single one of them got damaged during shipping, simply because they were properly packaged, padded, and protected by the mfgr from the start.....

And I agree, if you don't like it, buy a case without it, it's not like there is any shortage of non-TG cases available from practically every single case mfgr out there.......

USB C costs too much to put it into most cases. The majority of customers don't want to pay the premium for it.

Motherboard AZW SEI
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Power Supply 65w brick
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ

Seriously, in today's cut-throat, money-grubbin business climate, do you REALLY have to ask this question ?

This would quickly cannibalize sales of the new models, which no company in their right mind would ever do, at least not until after they have sold several thousands of the new ones anyways :)

meh....

f.A.i.L.......

Same here. Never received a damaged tempered glass panel... in my experience they all tend to be packaged appropriately(It'd be a big lost to the manufacturers if it were not). The concern is mostly about some goof handling the package as if Ace Ventura's package delivery scene was an instructional video.

And I agree, It's really disappointing to not see a USC-C connectorr in any case released after 2017

Motherboard AZW SEI
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Power Supply 65w brick
Benchmark Scores PDQ
USB C costs too much to put it into most cases. The majority of customers don't want to pay the premium for it.

Yep, that extra $2.27385 is really gonna squeeze the mfgr's profit margins so hard they would immediately go out of business by including it, yep, for sure, uh huh, no doubt about it.......

Yep, that extra $2.27385 is really gonna squeeze the mfgr's profit margins so hard they would immediately go out of business by including it, yep, for sure, uh huh, no doubt about it.......
If it only takes $2.27385 to add USB C then by all means do it yourself . I don't see any issue, it's only $2.27385, even I could cover that.

BoiseTech

If it only takes $2.27385 to add USB C then by all means do it yourself . I don't see any issue, it's only $2.27385, even I could cover that.

Actually, it'd be like $10 for him, since he's only buying one, not 15,000 like the manufacturer.

Motherboard AZW SEI
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Power Supply 65w brick
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Okay so...is $10 too much for you? No? Then buy it and put install it yourself. Imagine all the crying that can be prevented.

Okay so...is $10 too much for you? No? Then buy it and put install it yourself. Imagine all the crying that can be prevented.
Buddy, nobody is claiming that they can't do it themselves. All they're saying is that It's not as prohibitively expensive as you first stated for case manufacturers to include them in the current year.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.

Actually we are being forced into tempered glass RGBLED; have you actually tried to buy the stuff you claim exists as an alternative? It's either discontinued or no longer stocked.

Tempered glass adds to shipping costs which raises the price. More importantly, I'm buying for a company, not just personally, and tempered glass is simply not permitted. You don't see tempered glass in workstations from HP, Dell, or Lenovo.

Actually we are being forced into tempered glass RGBLED; have you actually tried to buy the stuff you claim exists as an alternative? It's either discontinued or no longer stocked.

Tempered glass adds to shipping costs which raises the price. More importantly, I'm buying for a company, not just personally, and tempered glass is simply not permitted. You don't see tempered glass in workstations from HP, Dell, or Lenovo.
Fair enough. I had mistakenly assumed that you were another one of those that simply hated any new trends in the name of absolute function over everything, but in your circumstance I can see how the flood of tempered glass cases in the market is a huge negative. Sadly I don't see that changing anytime soon so I suppose that your alternatives would be buying older cases. I was going to say that a good option in this year were fractal design's since most of theirs cases have a non-TG model but I looked them after that comment and saw that they indeed have become harder to find in stock. I apologize for the harsh tone of my previous comment.

System Name Apex Raptor: Silverback
Processor Intel i9 13900KS 6.2GHz/Allcore5.9
Motherboard z790 Apex
Cooling LT720 360mm + Phanteks T30
Memory 32GB @8000MT/s CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090
Storage 990 PRO 2TB / Firecuda 530 2TB
Display(s) Neo G8 / C1 65"
Case Antec Performance 1
Audio Device(s) DT 1990 Pro / Motu M2
Power Supply Prime Ultra Titanium 1000w
Mouse Scimitar Pro
Keyboard K95 Platinum
My old PC with the P400s would certainly appreciate a new front panel like that

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Actually, it'd be like $10 for him, since he's only buying one, not 15,000 like the manufacturer.

It's probably closer to $10 for the manufacturer since you need to manually create the USB port on each case (it would be cost prohibitive to create a new mold) plus the time expense for the entire set up. It will also eat into the P600S profit. This case competes against other similar priced units from Corsair and NZXT, all of which don't have a USB-C. So why make a more expensive case then your competition when there are more people clamoring for tempered glass and RGB then USB-C?

FYI, I personally would want the USB-C port but I understand the reasoning why it's not available at this price point.

It's probably closer to $10 for the manufacturer since you need to manually create the USB port on each case (it would be cost prohibitive to create a new mold) plus the time expense for the entire set up. It will also eat into the P600S profit. This case competes against other similar priced units from Corsair and NZXT, all of which don't have a USB-C. So why make a more expensive case then your competition when there are more people clamoring for tempered glass and RGB then USB-C?

FYI, I personally would want the USB-C port but I understand the reasoning why it's not available at this price point.

Well said . People like to pretend it's super simple to just put things on or into products. I'm sure they thought about it and profit wise it didn't make sense. In time it will likely be the standard but we're not there yet.