• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Acer's New Nitro XF2 Series Monitors Give Gamers an Edge With Astonishing Speed

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Acer America announced the new Nitro XF2 Series monitors offering gamers superbly smooth gameplay thanks to amazingly high speed. To decrease blur in fast moving images, these new monitors include blisteringly fast 3 ms native response times as well as speeds of up to 0.2 ms G2G for the Nitro XF272 X and 0.3 ms G2G for the Nitro XF252Q in overdrive mode.

Boasting a rapid 240Hz refresh rate that shortens frame rendering time and AMD Radeon FreeSync that syncs the monitor's and graphics card's frames, the Nitro XF2 Series are extremely responsive and support stunningly clear and fluid visuals even when the gaming gets frenetic. With a high 400 nit cd/m^2 brightness and 100 million: 1 maximum contrast ratio, they deliver brilliant imagery as well as support HDR 10 content.

A 1920x1080 resolution delivers excellent visual detail, perfect for advanced 1080p Full HD gaming, multimedia and productivity applications, including Blu-ray Disc console gaming and widescreen cinematic playback. Built-in black boost provides 11 black level options, so gamers can optimize their visual advantage, while 6-axis color adjustment lets them fine-tune color, hue and saturation.

"Our newest gaming monitors deliver amazingly high speed and precise colors for clear visuals, ensuring gamers don't miss a thing," said Ronald Lau, Acer America director - stationary computing. "Superbly smooth performance makes them a great choice for hard core gamers."

Intuitive Setting Control
The integrated Acer Display Widget is an intuitive way to modify monitor settings versus a conventional OSD button. It lets gamers easily apply customized settings for each application and user. For increased efficiency, it also provides the option to divide the screen into multiple regions. Two HDMI ports and DisplayPort provide fast connection to a large gamut of PCs.

Customizable Modes
Acer Game Mode has eight preset display modes to optimize visuals to suit the content displayed. These modes include Action, Racing, Sport, User, Standard, ECO, Graphic and Movie. Settings are easily accessed through a hotkey or the On Screen Display (OSD) settings menu.

Ergonomic Comfort
The TN panels provide accurate views even at wide angles of up to 170 degrees horizontally and 160 degrees vertically. Offering maximum comfort, an ergonomic stand offers -5 to 20 degree tilt, 360 swivel and height adjustment up to 4.7 inches. A quick-release design easily separates the monitor from its stand for VESA wall-mounting, freeing up desk space for game sticks, mice and more. Acer Vision Care with flicker-less, blue-light filter, ComfyView and low-dimming technologies helps safeguard the eyes from flickering visuals, screen glare, blue light and over illumination.

Pricing, Availability and Warranty
The Acer Nitro XF2 Series monitors come with two 2 W speakers. The Nitro XF252Q is available at leading retailers now with prices starting at $349.99 MSRP and the Acer Nitro XF272 X will be available later this month for $449.99 MSRP. Acer displays are backed by professional, high-quality technical support and a standard three year parts and labor warranty.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Thanks, but no, just no.
It's 2019 and selling "premium" 1080p monitors is just so 2012...

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Thanks, but no, just no.
It's 2019 and selling "premium" 1080p monitors is just so 2012...

Agreed, I tried like heck to enjoy a 1080p 24" 144hz VA monitor recently, the pixels just staring me in my face, after being used to 1440p or 17.3" 1080p (which is actually really nice fyi) eeeek I feel so bad for people who think that is a good gaming experience. CSGO and stuff it's fine.

I wish people would understand there is an Art to immersion in gaming, when you pursue it, the experiences of stories, unique atmospheres in-game, even more fluid looking combat, is just really a wonderful experience, but it requires pixels not staring at my face, and decent colors. Not much else. Well high refresh too, 90hz is the sweet spot, anything higher is severe diminishing returns for me. I have never experienced a proper 4K panel, only cheap ones, so maybe I would be willing to sacrifice FPS for that on certain games.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
I honestly can't go back from 4K, I'm sold, hook, line and sinker.
Yes, I would like something with a bit higher refresh rate, but so far, that's way too expensive at 4K.
Obviously I use my screen for more things than gaming and for work, it's a different world.
Used to have two screens, but there aren't many times I miss not having a second screen, as you can easily run programs side by side on 4K.
The crazy thing is that you can get 27" 4K IPS screens for under $200 these days, at least locally here, both from Philips and AOC (same company behind them these days).
I don't think they're going to be amazing, but even so. So why throw money on these things from Acer?

Looks like it's not that much more on Amazon.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I honestly can't go back from 4K, I'm sold, hook, line and sinker.
Yes, I would like something with a bit higher refresh rate, but so far, that's way too expensive at 4K.
Obviously I use my screen for more things than gaming and for work, it's a different world.
Used to have two screens, but there aren't many times I miss not having a second screen, as you can easily run programs side by side on 4K.
The crazy thing is that you can get 27" 4K IPS screens for under $200 these days, at least locally here, both from Philips and AOC (same company behind them these days).
I don't think they're going to be amazing, but even so. So why throw money on these things from Acer?

Looks like it's not that much more on Amazon.

very nice, I might actually get something like this eventually for games like Final Fantasy X and many others that are frame capped, plus 4K streaming is a thing now, I am not sure if Windows 10 supports it yet, but I know me and my Dad pay extra for Netflix 4K.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
very nice, I might actually get something like this eventually for games like Final Fantasy X and many others that are frame capped, plus 4K streaming is a thing now, I am not sure if Windows 10 supports it yet, but I know me and my Dad pay extra for Netflix 4K.
Netflix is tricky, apparently only over HDMI in Windows 10 and only with certain graphics solutions.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/93hmkt

So, only casual gamers came here to bash a resolution on an e sports game monitor... Astonishing. Yeah mates, I also play Tomb Raider on an Oled 4k TV, but this kind of monitor has a different use case. Gosh.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64

I am very very curious about this piece of experience. I've been having two screens at home for a while, but I find it distracting or loosing focus sometimes and I was thinking of going back to one. Would you say this is valid only if the main screen is ultrawide or 4K or just higher resolution? Do you feel any regret from going back to one? Does your productivity suffer from this decision? You don't have to answer me of course, but I'd be glad if you share a bit more from your experience.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
I am very very curious about this piece of experience. I've been having two screens at home for a while, but I find it distracting or loosing focus sometimes and I was thinking of going back to one. Would you say this is valid only if the main screen is ultrawide or 4K or just higher resolution? Do you feel any regret from going back to one? Does your productivity suffer from this decision? You don't have to answer me of course, but I'd be glad if you share a bit more from your experience.

Well, it depends on your starting point and your end point in terms of resolution. I used to have a 2048x1152 Samsung, plus a 1920x1080 screen. What was nice with that setup, was that you could dedicate one screen for watching videos on, while doing something in fullscreen on the other.

I ended up getting a terrible first 4K experience, courtesy of AOC, there's a rant elsewhere in the forums about that, but let's just say that it ended up going via the local consumer rights organisation and they had to refund me.

My next screen was a Dell 25" 2560x1440, as I couldn't find an affordable 4K alternative at the time, which felt like a downgrade after having had a taste of 4K. I wouldn't say that it is as good to work side by side on, as you technically get 2x 720 side by side (as width is what matter here).

Luckily, someone I know was moving and I got my current screen from him for half the retail price. Having 2x 1080 side by side, but at 3840 tall is great for work, as you can have a full size document and a full size browser side by side. The only downside is that if you want to watch a video at the same time as doing something else, it ends up using less than half the screen and you obviously can't watch it full screen. It's a trade-off I'm willing to do though, as for everything else, having the content on the same screen is much better. I guess in terms of ergonomics it's much better as well, as you don't have to turn your head as much. The other obvious benefit is, no bezel in the middle if you work on stretched desktops.
It's also better for many games, I play a fair bit of strategy games and you can see so much more at the same time. That said, it's also better for FPS type games, as again, you actually get more on the screen. I really have no regrets at all in moving to a single 4K screen.

Agreed, I tried like heck to enjoy a 1080p 24" 144hz VA monitor recently, the pixels just staring me in my face, after being used to 1440p or 17.3" 1080p (which is actually really nice fyi) eeeek I feel so bad for people who think that is a good gaming experience. CSGO and stuff it's fine.

I wish people would understand there is an Art to immersion in gaming, when you pursue it, the experiences of stories, unique atmospheres in-game, even more fluid looking combat, is just really a wonderful experience, but it requires pixels not staring at my face, and decent colors. Not much else. Well high refresh too, 90hz is the sweet spot, anything higher is severe diminishing returns for me. I have never experienced a proper 4K panel, only cheap ones, so maybe I would be willing to sacrifice FPS for that on certain games.
Heftily relies on price. In EU 1440p 144hz panels are priced at 380 Euros (4K - 800 Euros in my country), which is sufficiently fine for me, but rather overpriced for others to acquire due to them being simply broke. I don't see 1440p replacing mainstream 1080p as long as such "high" dearings are around. But then again, 1440p 144hz is geared towards premium experience and gaming at 60-75hz is a mockery of the user.

So, only casual gamers came here to bash a resolution on an e sports game monitor... Astonishing. Yeah mates, I also play Tomb Raider on an Oled 4k TV, but this kind of monitor has a different use case. Gosh.

Agreed, such panel is beneficial regardless of resolution performance, afterall, almost every single competitor use low settings even on respectfully high end rigs.

Last edited:
System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
@TheLostSwede , thank you for that. Sums up my feelings perfectly. The video part is really essential to me, as you can watch a tutorial on the 2nd screen and do it simultaneously on the main screen. During my last upgrade cycle I had cash only for 2560x1080 + Full HD 2nd monitor. That's my starting point. You are spot on about 2560 -> no matter the splitting software, you can't really have a useful right-lane space. Anyhow, I get an idea of what my target resolution should be next time around.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
I don't care much for these, but while reading it suddenly felt like just yesterday I was reading about LCDs supporting 30ms refresh (and sometimes lower). Time flies...

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
@TheLostSwede , thank you for that. Sums up my feelings perfectly. The video part is really essential to me, as you can watch a tutorial on the 2nd screen and do it simultaneously on the main screen. During my last upgrade cycle I had cash only for 2560x1080 + Full HD 2nd monitor. That's my starting point. You are spot on about 2560 -> no matter the splitting software, you can't really have a useful right-lane space. Anyhow, I get an idea of what my target resolution should be next time around.

Well, side by side isn't too bad and you can still watch and do things at the same time, like this...
Note that the below screenshot is at 125% Windows scaling.