• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

110°C Hotspot Temps "Expected and Within Spec", AMD on RX 5700-Series Thermals

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I'm sure that alot of GPU's tend to last out 5 years as well on stock without any undervolt and even with a dusty heatsink and fan combination. But who's going to play with a GPU that's 5 years old or even older? Ill buy products now, use 'm, and replace 'm, just as a car, just as my kitchen, just as whatever thats designed to be replaceable. If that was'nt the case anyone of you would still be running their Pentium 1's and AMD K5's with their Voodoo chips around it.

As for your fancy heat story, VRM's are designed to withstand 110 degrees operating temperature. It's not really the VRM's that suffer but more things like the capacitors sitting right next to it. They have a estimated lifespan based on thermals. The hotter the shorter their mbtf basicly is. I woud'nt recommend playing on a card with a 100 degree vrm where GDDR chips are right next to it either, but it works and there are cards that last out many many years before giving their last frame ever.

It's becomes just more and more difficult, to cool a small die area. It's why Intel and AMD are using IHS. Not just to protect it from being crushed by too tense heatsinks or waterblock but to more evenly distribute the heat. That's why all the GPU's these days come with a copper baseplate that extracts heat from the chip faster then a material like aluminium does. AMD is able to release a stock videocard with a great cooler, but what's the purpose of that if the chip is designed to run in the 80 degree mark? The fan ramps up anyway if that is the case. And you can set that up in driver settings as well. Big deal.

The only conclusion then is: time will tell :)

I'm staying far away, regardless.

My GTX 1080 is now running into 3 years post-release and I can easily see myself getting another year out of it. And after that, I will probably sell it for close to 100-150 EUR because it still works perfectly fine. If you buy high end cards, 3 years is short and a great moment to start thinking about an upgrade WITH a profitable sale of the old GPU.

You can compare resale value of Nvidia vs AMD cards over the last five to seven years and you'll understand my point. Its almost an Apple vs Android comparison, AMD cards lose value much faster and this is the reason they do. Its too easy to chalk that up to 'branding' alone.

Last edited:
As long as companies are not continuously delivering perfect releases, we have reason to question everything out of the ordinary, and 110C on the die is a pretty high temp for silicon and the components around it aren't a fan of it either. It will definitely not improve the longevity of this chip, over, say, a random Nvidia chip doing 80C all the time. You can twist and turn that however you like but we are talking about the same materials doing the same sort of work. And physics don't listen to marketing.
Are you conflating engineering with designing chips? While it's arguably true that Intel, Nvidia make better (engineered) chips than AMD, it's certainly not because AMD is incompetent. It could be a myriad of factors beyond their control, like uarch & of course the node which they've chosen. An argument could be made if you had 2 chips made on the exact same node, even then it would boil down do the uarch ~ which isn't as simple as fixing your home.
The level of Noob/troll in this topic is unbelievable.....that's why I'm more active in anandtech forum.
Interesting, were you there like 3 years back (before Zen) when nearly every AMD supporter was labelled a shill or fanboi? Come 2019 & the IDF has taken an indefinite hiatus, not unlike Hunter X Hunter :laugh:

System Name Purple rain
Processor 10.5 thousand 4.2G 1.1v
Motherboard Zee 490 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua D15S
Memory 16GB 4133 CL16-16-16-31 Viper Steel
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Display(s) Acer XB241YU+Dell S2716DG
Case P600S Silent w. Alpenfohn wing boost 3 ARGBT+ fans
Audio Device(s) K612 Pro w. FiiO E10k DAC,W830BT wireless
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Gold 850W
Mouse G903 lightspeed+powerplay,G403 wireless + Steelseries DeX + Roccat rest
Keyboard HyperX Alloy SilverSpeed (w.HyperX wrist rest),Razer Deathstalker
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
my gas stove can reach 300 celcius and it's fine,you guys are spreading FUD

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Are you conflating engineering with designing chips? While it's arguably true that Intel, Nvidia make better (engineered) chips than AMD, it's certainly not because AMD is incompetent. It could be a myriad of factors beyond their control, like uarch & of course the node which they've chosen. An argument could be made if you had 2 chips made on the same exact node, even then it would boil down do the uarch which isn't as simple as fixing your home.

No, I don't conflate anything, I'm a consumer buying a product and I've got a pretty good sense of what's quality and what's questionable. Experience, if you will... whether they designed it wrong or whether it was a bad batch or an unlucky combination of circumstances is entirely not my concern. Neither is having to do all sorts of tweaking to get a product to work as intended or 'comfortably' - this is the reason I still can't see myself buying an AMD GPU these days. Unfortunately - I might add. I'm just not seeing the dedication I'd want and require of a GPU vendor. Because it goes a lot further than the GPU, this is also about continued support, legacy support, how well older APIs and exotic applications work, etc etc etc. AMD is doing the bare minimum and it shows. Every time, in everything they do. Its always late, not quite perfect, or a promise they still need to deliver upon.

The misguided idea that 'because a company engineered and released it' it must be okay has been proven numerous times to be just that - misguided. Never underestimate what the pressure of commercial targets and shareholders will mean for end users.

Interesting, were you there like 3 years back (before Zen) when nearly every AMD supporter was labelled a shill or fanboi? Come 2019 & the IDF has taken an indefinite hiatus, not unlike Hunter X Hunter :laugh:
Haha indeed lol. Anandtech comment section still isn't pretty btw.

Last edited:
Processor Core i7-12700k
Motherboard Z690 Aero G D4
Cooling Custom loop water, 3x 420 Rad
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming
Storage Plextor M10P 2TB
Display(s) InnoCN 27M2V
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-5 Plus
Power Supply FSP Aurum PT 1200W
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
As for your fancy heat story, VRM's are designed to withstand 110 degrees operating temperature. It's not really the VRM's that suffer but more things like the capacitors sitting right next to it. They have a estimated lifespan based on thermals. The hotter the shorter their mbtf basicly is. I woud'nt recommend playing on a card with a 100 degree vrm where GDDR chips are right next to it either, but it works and there are cards that last out many many years before giving their last frame ever.
A point to add on this. Even on the reference cards the VRMs are not reaching any where near 110C. They are around a modest 78C.
Also the most common points on failure are the solder joins or the Capacitiors of the VRMs.
The GPU and Memory ICs themselves are rarely the first to fail unless they have been overclocked heavily / subject to extremely high voltage.

I'm a consumer buying a product and I've got a pretty good sense of what's quality and what's questionable. Experience, if you will... whether they designed it wrong or whether it was a bad batch or an unlucky combination of circumstances is entirely not my concern. Neither is having to do all sorts of tweaking to get a product to work as intended or 'comfortably' - this is the reason I still can't see myself buying an AMD GPU these days. Unfortunately - I might add. I'm just not seeing the dedication I'd want and require of a GPU vendor. Because it goes a lot further than the GPU, this is also about continued support, legacy support, how well older APIs and exotic applications work, etc etc etc.
Well then as consumers, not just you per se, how about supporting AMD with more $ especially when they release a competitive (perf/$) GPU? I see many forum dwellers complain about AMD not doing enough against Intel or Nvidia, then they go on & spend 200~400$ more for 5~25% performance, how do you suppose AMD will make money to then make better products ~ magic? AMD has perennially been the budget brand, even when they were superior to Nvidia & Intel, except a brief period with FX chips last decade! Even now people complain about gaming as if people buy 2000$ rigs just for that! If you wanna change the world you have to start with yourself, this applies in every walk of life not just what we're talking about ~ short term pain vs long term gain.

rubbing eyes

so how many ppl are still running 7970s/r9 2xx cards around here,which are 6-8 years old.

Uh yeah so the product does work then and the faillure rate is'nt that bad as it is being sounded in this thread.

You can compare resale value of Nvidia vs AMD cards over the last five to seven years and you'll understand my point. Its almost an Apple vs Android comparison, AMD cards lose value much faster and this is the reason they do. Its too easy to chalk that up to 'branding' alone.

Yes, when the mining craze was going on AMD cards where always favored on top of Nvidia. But i aint going to buy a 3 year old dated, and used card. I never buy used cards. I'm kind of done with that to be honest. Everything in my system is new when i upgrade.

A point to add on this. Even on the reference cards the VRMs are not reaching any where near 110C. They are around a modest 78C.
Also the most common points on failure are the solder joins or the Capacitiors of the VRMs.
The GPU and Memory ICs themselves are rarely the first to fail unless they have been overclocked heavily / subject to high voltage.

It's really old news, this. I feel like alot of websites, channels and all that are rebranding old news that was on the net before. Really. VRM's CAN sustain 110 degrees. And they will still run perfectly fine. Here, https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-tested-on-cheap-b350-motherboard/3.html

50$ motherboard combined with a high-end, 12 core and even overclocked CPU. Runs. And it will proberly run for another year or so if the build quality is just right.

The reason why it runs, and that you see nowhere, is that AMD requires this with mobo vendors. It does'nt want a FX era over and over again where certain boards throttle with a 125W CPU.

System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
Uh yeah so the product does work then and the faillure rate is'nt that bad as it is being sounded in this thread.
what ?

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64

Yes, when the mining craze was going on AMD cards where always favored on top of Nvidia. But i aint going to buy a 3 year old dated, and used card. I never buy used cards. I'm kind of done with that to be honest. Everything in my system is new when i upgrade.

Yes, you have already explained why, because the stuff you buy is not going to last longer anyway, so why would you expect that from a second hand purchase.

Meanwhile, I get about 150-200 EUR returned on every GPU upgrade which allows me to buy into same or higher tier without 'spending more' than I did on the previous card. Every time. I've made about 1200 EUR on GPU sales for personal use. You enjoy your 3 year cards, to each his own, its good these furnaces still have a market I guess.

Do check out that GN review of the Sapphire though, it nicely underlines the point, even memory ICs get to boiling point which is definitely not where you want them. I vividly remember the EVGA GTX 1070 FTW - another one of those cards 'that was just fine' until EVGA deemed it necessary to supply thermal pads after all and revise their product line and shroud entirely.

Anyway, non issue because it was already clear that you had to stay far away from the reference designs.

how about supporting AMD

That's not how commerce works, that is how charity works. And not a single charity exists to solve problems, but rather to preserve them to cash in even more.

If AMD can't compete, we need a new player. I hear Intel is working on something. And if AMD GPU business falls flat (which it will eventually if they keep at it like this) someone will buy the IP and take over the helm. I'm not worried and I don't root for multinationals.

Last edited:
System Name Ryzen 7 5800X
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard ASRock B450M Pro4
Cooling CoolerMaster ML240L RGB
Memory GSkill F4-3200C16D-32GVK (2 x 16GB DDR4 3200MHz 16-18-18-38)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX5700XT
Storage Samsung 970EVO 500GB M.2 + Samsung 860EVO 1TB M.2 + Seagate IronWolf NAS 6TB
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B
Case InWin 101
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CoolerMaster MasterKeys Pro S
Software Windows 10 20H2
Hello Everyone,

My $0.02:
Please find below a GPU-Z screenshot taken after Fire Strike Extreme Stress Test run on my reference (Sapphire) RX5700XT.
The card is set in Wattman to boost up to 1980MHz at 1006mV (with GDDR6 mildly OCed from 875MHz to 900MHz). It runs with these settings just fine. Performance is very satisfactory (I have a 2560x1440 144Hz display), temps are in check, fan noise is barely audible. Just so you know, I have a mATX case, it does not have very good airflow.
I have no idea why RX5700XT runs by default at 1203mV. IMHO this is very high and is the culprit of reference cards running hot, loud and being power hungry. From what I've seen so far, all reference cards can be undervolted by a huge margin, which resolves all heat/noise/power consumption issues.
For the sake of comparison, reference RX5700 (non-XT) runs at 1025mV.
Food for thought.

Fire_Strike_Extreme_Stress_test_RX5700XT_UV1006mV.JPG

The reason why they put the voltages higher then usual or what seems to be the sweetspot for those chips, is because binning. A higher voltage allows for a bigger extraction of chips on a single wafer. So you might be lucky, have a chip that has a better density and requires a overall lower voltage compared to the rest. But it's always within silicon spec. They wont release a GPU that's running beyond of what it's capable and what is considered the safe zone.

My RX590 goes from 1150mv back to 1110mv. It can do 1090mv but at the cost of a crashing radeon relive. So i stick it at 1110mv with a core of around 1450mhz which is still very good.

System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
UV requires binning just as much as OC does,seen Vega users saying their cards crash if they as much as touch undervolting,yet it's commonplace to see people say all Radeons can undervolt substantially.Well if they could there'd be no rreason for AMD to set higher voltage in the first place.
I'd rather take a shot at overclocking a card that runs great out of the box than undervolting one that needs it badly.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
The misguided idea that 'because a company engineered and released it' it must be okay has been proven numerous times to be just that - misguided. Never underestimate what the pressure of commercial targets and shareholders will mean for end users.

+1, you don't want to know what happens in automotive industry :D....just ask Ford about transmissions on Fiestas....or Volvo about that plastic piece on the fuel lines.... :p

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Please refrains yourselves from talking about things that you just simply do not know anything about. I don't expect TPU to be brewing with academicians but not complete ignorance either.

Dies do not have uniform thermals across their surface and on certain spots such as where the FPUs sit indeed can reach well over 100C. This has gotten worse over the years as the thermal density of chips keeps rising, you can have TDPs ranging from 10W to 1000W these hotspots will not go away. AMD being on 7nm, again, makes this worse.

Let's spell it out in the simplest of terms so that everyone gets it :

You have two dies, each use 100W and each benefit from the same amount of cooling but one of them is half the size. This inevitably means it will have higher thermal density and will run at higher temperatures, there is no going around it. This of course is taken into account when this things are designed but you can only minimize this effect so much.

Again, this is about the thermal density not TDP, not cooling, nor architecture and you can't really do anything about it. Do not believe for a second Nvidia, Intel or anyone isn't dealing with this. This hot and power hungry meme should die, it has run it's course, now you just look like you don't have a damn clue what you're talking about.

System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
Not that it is our job to fix factory built good, but the washer mod, new thermal pads and some kryonaut does wonders for these cards. My neighbor said them thermal pads are the cheapest, low cost garbage you can put on how components.
If you go down one size on the memory thermal pads from 1.5mm to 1mm it closes the gap between the die and cooler. It really does work.

System Name Sillicon Nightmares
Processor Intel i7 9700KF 5ghz (5.1ghz 4 core load, no avx offset), 4.7ghz ring, 1.412vcore 1.3vcio 1.264vcsa
Motherboard Asus Z390 Strix F
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 360
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB (B-Die) 3600 14-14-14-28 1t, tRFC 220 tREFI 65535, tFAW 16, 1.545vddq
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 1060 Strix 6GB XOC, Core: 2202-2240, Vcore: 1.075v, Mem: 9818mhz (Sillicon Lottery Jackpot)
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD, WD Blue 1TB, Seagate 3TB, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 512GB
Display(s) BenQ XL2430 1080p 144HZ + (2) Samsung SyncMaster 913v 1280x1024 75HZ + A Shitty TV For Movies
Case Deepcool Genome ROG Edition
Audio Device(s) Bunta Sniff Speakers From The Tip Edition With Extra Kenwoods
Power Supply Corsair AX860i/Cable Mod Cables
Mouse Logitech G602 Spilled Beer Edition
Keyboard Dell KB4021
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores 13543 Firestrike (3dmark.com/fs/22336777) 601 points CPU-Z ST 37.4ns AIDA Memory
Most Nvidia cards are cool and quiet for a reason, lower temps overall.
less heat = less leakage = more efficiency

las

System Name Obsolete / Waiting for Zen 5 or Arrow Lake
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.2 GHz @ 1.35v / No AVX Offset
Motherboard AsRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 4000/CL15
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 280 Hz + 77" QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX / Upgraded Op-Amps
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
and its 100 - 150 dollars cheaper.... so why are you comparing the two?
If anything you should compare it to the RTX2060 Super (like in your link...was the 2070 a typo?) and then the 5700XT is overall the better option.

Custom vs Custom and 2060 Super and 5700 XT performs pretty much the same. Not sure why you think 5700 XT is the overall better option. That entirely depends on games played. On average 2060 Super overclocks better than 5700 XT. It looks like 5700 XT has next to zero OC headroom, just like on AMD's CPU's.

AMD officially said they will max all their chips, instead of leaving some in the tank for the "few percent" that overclock. Looks like this holds true when looking at Ryzen and the 5700 XT custom cards. 2-3% performance gained with max OC. The Asus Strix gained 0.7%...

5700XT is cheaper.

Not really... You can get reference 5700 XT for 10 bucks less than custom 2060 Super... You need hearing protection with the 5700 XT ref tho

You get Control and Wolfenstein with all 2060 Super which can easily be sold.

Last edited:
Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
Custom vs Custom and 2060 Super and 5700 XT performs pretty much the same. Not sure why you think 5700 XT is the overall better option.
I wanted to write that RX 5700 XT is cheaper but it turns out right now RTX 2060 Super has a slight edge in prices.

las

System Name Obsolete / Waiting for Zen 5 or Arrow Lake
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.2 GHz @ 1.35v / No AVX Offset
Motherboard AsRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 4000/CL15
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 280 Hz + 77" QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX / Upgraded Op-Amps
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I wanted to write that RX 5700 XT is cheaper but it turns out right now RTX 2060 Super has a slight edge in prices.

A friend of mine bought custom 2060 Super for $399 with free delivery and sold the gamekeys for 50 bucks

System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
A friend of mine bought custom 2060 Super for $399 with free delivery and sold the gamekeys for 50 bucks
It's always, a friend:roll:

System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
It's always, a friend:roll:
isn't it what they cost ?

cheapest non-reference 5700xt here is 2200pln for pulse,2060 S is 1800 PLN for zotac/pny/gainward dual fan + 2 games worth 300 pln total

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
No you misunderstand, none of this is true and everybody does this, you just never saw it because AMD is the only one doing temp sensors right...

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
Seriously people.
No surely not, no yeah , your spot on , temp offset has been a thing for ages(10 years), now just imagine the real temp of that 9900K die T junction running at 5Ghz eh ,85-100 yeah right.

System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
No surely not, no yeah , your spot on , temp offset has been a thing for ages(10 years), now just imagine the real temp of that 9900K die T junction running at 5Ghz eh ,85-100 yeah right.
oh look,a squirrel!

That's not how commerce works, that is how charity works. And not a single charity exists to solve problems, but rather to preserve them to cash in even more.
That's exactly how things work & there's nothing about charity in my post. You have a choice between 3700x, 3800x & 9900k for let's say gaming. You chose 5~15 fps for ~150$ so the next time you don't get to say why AMD still can't match Intel's clocks or gaming performance! Likewise when you want things for cheap, you don't get to complain that your jobs are shipped overseas. This is how things work & will always do in a profit "driven" world :toast:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I won't have to worry about this with my 3 fan 5700 XT arriving Friday, also this will run around 2100 core matching 2070 super in most games across the board (if the Asus 3 fan version review on guru3d is anything to go by).

Also, that Asus 3 fan 5700 XT comes within 10 fps of 2080 SUPER on a few games, Sekiro at 1440p being one. My gigabyte 3 fan should do the same, not bad for $420. :)