• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Be Quiet! Unveils the Pure Base 500 Case

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
be quiet!, the market leader in PC power supplies in Germany since 2007, announces Pure Base 500, an ATX PC chassis for price-conscious PC builders. Despite its compact dimensions, the new case has enough room for powerful hardware and packs attractive features, like an interchangeable top cover and a mounting bracket designed to hold up to two 2.5" SSDs in the main chamber. Pure Base 500 is the first mass-produced case from be quiet! that comes in three base colors: black, metallic gray and white.

Out of the box, Pure Base 500 is set up with a magnetically attached, sound-insulated top cover, featuring air-exchange vents towards its rear section. Pure Base 500 also includes an alternative, highly air-permeable top cover designed to decrease temperatures for water cooled builds using a radiator installed in the case's top. Radiators installed in the top section can be 120 or 240 millimeters long, while the front holds radiators with a length of 120, 140, 240, 280 or even 360 millimeters. Pure Base 500 is shipped with two preinstalled Pure Wings 2 140 mm fans with a maximum speed of 900 RPM.

Compact, yet spacious
Pure Base 500 is making the most use of the space dictated by its compact size. With support for an ATX motherboard, graphics cards up to 369 millimeters, a CPU cooler up to 190 millimeters, and long radiators, the case can house demanding gaming hardware using appropriate cooling components. To provide ample storage mounting options, Pure Base 500 uses a double HDD cage for up to two 3.5" drives (or one 2.5" drive) hidden underneath the PSU shroud. Two additional SSDs can be installed out of sight behind the motherboard tray, while an SSD installation bracket in the case's main chamber makes two more SSDs the center of attention. In total, users can mount up to five SSDs, or two HDDs and four SSDs at the same time. Power supplies can measure up to 259 millimeters in length, however, if a longer radiator is installed in the front, then the double HDD cage can slide a few centimeters back, reducing the space for the PSU to 225 millimeters - still providing more than enough room required by standard ATX power supply units.

Sound suppression and convenience
To ensure silent operation, the insides of the front panel, closed window side panels and the default top cover are covered with sound-insulating material. Cable management is simplified by Pure Base 500's PSU shroud, included Velcro straps, and plenty of eyelets on the back of the motherboard tray. The SSD panel also serves as a passthrough for cables run from the back of the case to the motherboard or to the graphics card, and is detachable to facilitate the installation process. The PSU is easily installed with a removable bracket in the rear of the case. The full-sized bottom dust filter is easily removed by pulling it out from the front, without the need to move or disassemble the PC.

The left and right front air intakes feature separate dust filters, while the bottom grip, used to remove the front panel, is also protected with a dust filter. Depending on the model, Pure Base 500 comes with a sound-insulated steel side panel or tempered glass side panel in three base colors: black, metallic gray and white. Specifically, the white and metallic gray versions of the case feature a clear glass-windowed side panel, while the black Pure Base 500 has a tinted windowed side panel.

Pure Base 500 will become available worldwide in the middle of September.

MSRP: Global: $69.90 (Black), $79.90 (Black Window), $74.90 (Metallic Gray and White), $84.90 (Metallic Gray Window and White Window).

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Ryzen 5 3600 PRO
Motherboard AsRock B450 Pro4
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34 /w Noctua NF-P12
Memory Silicon Power XPower Zenith 2x8GB @1600 MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB / Crucial MX 500 1TB
Display(s) Dell P2419H
Case Fractal Design Pop Air /w 3x Arctic P12 PWM
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z + Edifier R1000T4
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 650W
Mouse Microsoft Intelimouse Pro
Keyboard IBM KB-8926
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Turns on on the first try! Usually.
Oh wow, this looks like a great budget-minded case. I just hope the thermals are good, hoping Gamers Nexus reviews this thing.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Wow, there is sooo much innovation here I just can't stand it......\

n.O.t........

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
I take a look at TPU's case news posts more because of that "there-is-no-innovation-in-cases-hard-pass-or-yawn" guy's comments more than the OP itself. Eagerly waiting for your humble opinion mah dood.

Lol. Dang it. He posted while I was typing xD

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Wow, there is sooo much innovation here I just can't stand it......\

n.O.t........
There's not much innovation in your posts... oh the sweet irony.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
There's not much innovation in your post... oh the sweet irony.

but,
but,
but,

my posts are not new, nor do they cost $70-80, nor are they intended to announce any kind of so-called "innovation", but rather to express my disappointment in finding that yet ANOTHER so-called "new" case is actually just a me-too rework of the same ole same same with a different name/model number.....

IIRC, in past years, Be Quite used to come up with some cool, innovative products, like their Pure/Silent wings fans for example, of which I use for many of my client builds when they demand both low-noise AND reliable rigs...

but,
but,
but,

my posts are not new, nor do they cost $70-80, nor are they intended to announce any kind of so-called "innovation", but rather to express my disappointment in finding that yet ANOTHER so-called "new" case is actually just a me-too rework of the same ole same same with a different name/model number.....

IIRC, in past years, Be Quite used to come up with some cool, innovative products, like their Pure/Silent wings fans for example, of which I use for many of my client builds when they demand both low-noise AND reliable rigs...

But he is right, every new product that comes out gets this barely readable, highly punchable post from you regarding on how its not the best thing that ever happened to the industry. Just stop.

System Name masina
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASUS TUF B550M
Cooling Scythe Kabuto 3 + Arctic BioniX P120 fan
Memory 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3200 CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Radeon Pro WX 2100 2GB
Storage 500GB Crucial MX500, 640GB WD Black
Display(s) AOC C24G1
Case SilentiumPC AT6V
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX 650W
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Cooler Master MasterKeys L PBT
Software Win 10 Pro

Processor Ryzen 5 3600 PRO
Motherboard AsRock B450 Pro4
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34 /w Noctua NF-P12
Memory Silicon Power XPower Zenith 2x8GB @1600 MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB / Crucial MX 500 1TB
Display(s) Dell P2419H
Case Fractal Design Pop Air /w 3x Arctic P12 PWM
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z + Edifier R1000T4
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 650W
Mouse Microsoft Intelimouse Pro
Keyboard IBM KB-8926
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Turns on on the first try! Usually.
they wont like it, caus the entire front is not open ;)
Oh right, I completely forgot about that, and that's a valid point. Tho I have seen some cases with solid front panels that do have somewhat decent cooling.

System Name MacBook Pro 16"
Processor M1 Pro
Memory 16GB unified memory
Storage 1 TB
Top grill for dual-fan exhaust config, this case will be excellent at heat dissipation.