• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NETGEAR Debuts Orbi WiFi 6 Mesh System

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
NETGEAR, Inc., the leading provider of mesh WiFi systems that power smart homes, today announced the worldwide release of Orbi WiFi 6 Mesh System an innovative solution that delivers a new standard for wireless networks.

This next generation Orbi Mesh WiFi System is designed for the connected world of today and the future. Households now have a multitude of always-on and always-connected smart home devices many of which are running high-bandwidth applications like streaming 4K/8K Ultimate HD connections across multiple screens. The Orbi WiFi 6 mesh system has the capacity to support the traffic generated by the multitude of connected devices that are in the home today and for years to come. Similar to the difference experienced between driving on a congested four-lane highway compared to that of a sixteen-lane superhighway, WiFi 6 provides more streams so there is an increased capacity for more traffic ensuring that the fastest high-speed WiFi connected devices are not stalled by the slower ones.

"NETGEAR is pleased to be the first to bring to market the next generation mesh system capable of bringing multi-gigabit internet speeds to every corner of your home solving the need for greater speed, coverage and connection capacity," said David Henry, senior vice president of Connected Home Products for NETGEAR. "We are building multi-gigabit highways to the internet. NETGEAR launched our first Orbi Whole Home WiFi Mesh System in 2016 and introduced the world to the power of our patented tri-band mesh WiFi with a dedicated backhaul. Now in an era where there are more devices than ever competing for bandwidth, home WiFi networks are grinding to a halt. Only Orbi WiFi 6, with four times the network capacity of WiFi 5 (802.11ac) can solve this problem."

This exciting new addition to the NETGEAR family of mesh WiFi products will set a new bar for performance and capacity to meet the increasing bandwidth demands of our customers. NETGEAR already has the industry's most complete WiFi 6 router portfolio and we are now happy to offer the industry's best performing WiFi 6 mesh solution. There is no end in sight for the number of connected consumer devices being introduced to the market and each of these new products are only as powerful as their connection to the content and data sources that feed their intelligence. Orbi WiFi 6 delivers on the demands of the always-on, always-connected gigabit home.

With the current demand for more bandwidth, NETGEAR sees growth in internet speeds from service providers where gigabit speeds have become available nearly everywhere. Orbi WiFi 6 scales to provide these gigabit internet services to multi-gigabit through the use of a 2.5 Gbps WAN port or using link aggregation to combine two ports together.

Orbi WiFi 6 uses NETGEAR's patented tri-band mesh technology with a patented dedicated backhaul to provide the ultimate smart home experience with seamless roaming. With 4x4 radios on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz fronthaul, as well as a 5Ghz backhaul, Orbi WiFi 6 is designed to cover any home with a host of connected devices. This latest generation WiFi technology is faster than ever before and will support your devices' connections for years to come, with four times increased capacity for connections as compared to a WiFi 5 (802.11ac) system.

Along with the enhanced networks speed and increased capacity, WiFi 6 also introduces efficiency and improved battery life for your mobile devices.

Availability: Orbi WiFi 6 Tri-band Mesh System (RBK852) will be available in the coming month for a suggested retail price of £749 for the router and satellite system.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Batman's CaseLabs Mercury S8 Work Computer
Processor 8086K 5.3Ghz binned delidded by Siliconlottery.com 5.5Ghz 6c12t 5.6Ghz 6c6t on ambient air
Motherboard EVGA Z390 DARK
Cooling Noctua C14S for all overclocking so far Noctua Industrial PWM fan 2000rpm rated (700rpm inaudible)
Memory Gskill Trident Z Royal Silver F4-4600C18D-16GTRS running at 4500Mhz 17-17-17-37 (new mem OC) : )
Video Card(s) AMD WX 4100 Workstation Card (AMD W5400 7nm workstation card coming soon)
Storage Intel Optane 900P 280GB PCIe card as Primary OS drive / (4) Samsung 860Pro 256GB SATA internal
Display(s) Planar 27in 2560x1440 Glossy LG panel with glass bonded to panel for increased clarity
Case CaseLabs Mercury S8 open bench chassis two-tone black front cover with gunmetal frame
Audio Device(s) Creative $25 2.1 speakers lol
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 700watt fanless
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 graphite / Glorious Model D matte black / Razer Invicta mousing mat gunmetal
Keyboard HHKB Hybrid Type-S black printed keycaps
Software Work Apps text and statistical
Benchmark Scores Single Thread scores at 5.6Ghz: Cinebench R15 ST - 249 CPU-Z ST - 676 PassMark CPU ST - 3389
Wow, is this WiFi specifically designed for Creators? :roll:

Unless they tell me it is directly via their marketing, then how would I know?

It does look like all the correct creator colors have been utilized that appeal to creators. :laugh:

The lemon slice floating within the water pitcher is a nice touch, we creators drink a lot of lemon water.

------

We drink beer and my WiFi is black with (4) antenna extending in all directions and I'm sticking with it. :)

Marketing bandwagoners. :shadedshu:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 158293

Have to say those pictures are really funny...

From the extra "pop" of the router next to a "dull" iMac, to seemingly be sitting under a spotlight on a desk facing a window...:roll:

Nkd

I love and hate mesh systems. They fuckin work great until they keep connecting a 5ghz device to fricking 2.4ghz band. It's the most annoying part. My roku stick on main tv sometimes will go to 2.4ghz, even though of of the satellites is sitting next to the damn tv, lol. I had the same issue with original orbi. 2.4ghz is the worst for streaming, never had much luck with it and gets saturated quick. On days it randomly buffers and I check my linksys app, its always on 2.4ghz lol.

I love the coverage and reliability of them. Luckily my roku stick now says its on 5ghz past few days. I think mesh system should never push a 5ghz device to 2.4ghz unless in absolute worst signal which is a rarity especially being a foot away from one of the satellite.