• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Overwatch Legendary Edition Arrives on Nintendo Switch on October 15th

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
The world could always use more heroes-and starting October 15, Nintendo Switch players will be able to join more than 40 million players from around the globe in the fight for the future with the arrival of Overwatch Legendary Edition.

Overwatch Legendary Edition puts the definitive version of Blizzard Entertainment's acclaimed team shooter in Nintendo Switch owners' hands, complete with the latest content and gameplay updates. Players will select from a roster of 31 vibrant heroes as they face off in a variety of casual and competitive multiplayer modes and battle over map objectives in 28 different locations around the earth (and on the moon).

In addition, Nintendo Switch gamers have the option to take control of their heroes in a whole-new way using the console's built-in gyroscopic motion controls, which let players tilt their console to line up the perfect shot as McCree, pilot D.Va through the air, or quickly turn to deflect incoming projectiles as Genji.

"Overwatch brings players together to cooperate and compete in a bright and optimistic vision of the future, and we're looking forward to welcoming Nintendo Switch gamers into the fun," said J. Allen Brack, president of Blizzard Entertainment. "The Legendary Edition includes more than three years' worth of content updates and gameplay enhancements, and we're excited to team up with Nintendo to provide players with new ways to enjoy the full Overwatch experience-including on the go."

Overwatch Legendary Edition for Nintendo Switch will be available in a boxed version (containing a code to download the game) and digital version via the Nintendo eShop for a suggested price of $39.99. Both versions come with 15 bonus skins for a range of heroes to kick-start players' collections, as well as a three-month Nintendo Switch Online individual membership so players can jump into action and start battling alongside, and against, their fellow Nintendo Switch gamers immediately.

Players who pre-purchase Overwatch Legendary Edition by the October 15 launch will also receive the Noire skin for elite Talon operative Widowmaker, the game's ruthlessly efficient assassin. In addition, Nintendo Switch players who log in to Overwatch by December 31, 2019 will receive a bonus Golden Loot Box containing at least one guaranteed Legendary item.

Overwatch - Game Features
Overwatch Legendary Edition will launch on Nintendo Switch with all of the heroes, maps, modes, and game updates currently available on other platforms, providing Nintendo Switch players with the complete Overwatch experience:
  • Play as 31 Unique Heroes - Choose from a diverse and ever-expanding roster of heroes from around the globe. Zip behind enemy lines as time-jumping Tracer; heal your team from afar with elite sniper Ana's Biotic Rifle; or manipulate gravity as brilliant astrophysicist Sigma, the latest hero to join the fight.
  • Battle Across the World With Your Friends - Capture control points, push payloads, and complete objectives across 28 international locations-wherever you have internet access, thanks to the legendary portability of the Nintendo Switch system.
  • Join Forces in 6v6 Game Modes - Jump into Quick Play to get matched up against players of similar skill, Play Vs. AI in multiple difficulty settings, or put your skills to the ultimate test in Competitive Play to earn seasonal ranks and rewards.
  • Discover New Ways to Play - Explore the Arcade or Game Browser to find matches with unique rulesets. Unleash your creativity in the Workshop and use powerful scripting tools to build elaborate custom games that can be shared and played on any platform.

...And More to Come - Overwatch Legendary Edition on Nintendo Switch will continue to be updated with new content, including the game's limited-time seasonal modes, gameplay updates, and more.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

I think they did this because they are going to announce overwatch 2.0 with pve at blizzcon. Just makes sense, overwatch hasn't had any major patches for a while now, just a new character or map and a forge mode which I think they Didn't put too much effort in, Big daddy Jeff mentioned 2 employees made that forge mode. Skins and maps are more then likely third party made. What are they working on... I think this blizzcon will be big. Wow expansion maybe, diablo 4 announcement (release date is far fetch but would redeem them) for sure, immortal date for sure, sc2 mission pack, hearthstone expansion pack (team play please), heroes of the storm characters, overwatch 2.0 announcement. So yea it will be a good blizzcon finally..

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
I think they did this because they are going to announce overwatch 2.0 with pve at blizzcon. Just makes sense, overwatch hasn't had any major patches for a while now, just a new character or map and a forge mode which I think they Didn't put too much effort in, Big daddy Jeff mentioned 2 employees made that forge mode. Skins and maps are more then likely third party made. What are they working on... I think this blizzcon will be big. Wow expansion maybe, diablo 4 announcement (release date is far fetch but would redeem them) for sure, immortal date for sure, sc2 mission pack, hearthstone expansion pack (team play please), heroes of the storm characters, overwatch 2.0 announcement. So yea it will be a good blizzcon finally..

Honestly after the last year... I only care about some news about Warcraft Reforged... They have been silent for almost all this time and that scares me, they have very little time left to release it.

System Name Baxter
Processor Intel i7-5775C @ 4.2 GHz 1.35 V
Motherboard ASRock Z97-E ITX/AC
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3 with Noctua NF-A12 fan
Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz CL11 HyperX Savage DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black @ 1950 MHz
Storage 1 TB Sabrent Rocket 2242 NVMe SSD (boot), 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO, and 4TB Toshiba X300 7200 RPM HDD
Display(s) Vizio P65-F1 4KTV (4k60 with HDR or 1080p120)
Case Raijintek Ophion
Audio Device(s) HDMI PCM 5.1, Vizio 5.1 surround sound
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum 600 W SFX PSU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G613 and Microsoft Media Keyboard
I heard that the retail box for this game is going to be empty with a code... So that's a bummer. At least the Rocket League physical release actually had a cartridge, even though it was overpriced.

Honestly after the last year... I only care about some news about Warcraft Reforged... They have been silent for almost all this time and that scares me, they have very little time left to release it.

Forgot about that. Probably a release date at blizzcon. I think the classics team is a small team and they have people from other teams help out when they have down time on their own teams. Right now tho diablo 4 and ovw 2.0 are the main projects with all hands on deck. That was confirmed by the cancellation of a statecraft fps not long ago to put more employees on those two projects. Blizzard has been a disappointment for the last year some would say longer, in my mind blizzcon this year is shaping up to be a good one for all the fans from all the indicators. Let's hope it turns out to be true.

Why have a code in a box... or a box at all, buy it from the console online store and download it like the code suggests. This will just make people sell the codes online...

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
They should make Diablo II remaster instead of porting everything.

Cooling Noctua DH-15
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Mouse Logitech G502
They should make Diablo II remaster instead of porting everything.

Pretty sure that it is coming. StarCraft 1 got remastered, Diablo 1 and WarCraft 1/2 got rereleased on GoG with fixes for modern PC's, WarCraft 3 is getting remastered too.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Mouse Logitech MX518
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Pretty sure that it is coming. StarCraft 1 got remastered, Diablo 1 and WarCraft 1/2 got rereleased on GoG with fixes for modern PC's, WarCraft 3 is getting remastered too.
Diablo fixed for modern PC's? How I have missed that, it's a must-buy!

Cooling Noctua DH-15
Mouse Logitech G502
Diablo fixed for modern PC's? How I have missed that, it's a must-buy!

And it even comes with Hellfire included :)

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Mouse Logitech MX518
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
And it even comes with Hellfire included :)
Never played Hellfire much, but I remember that at least the character finally can run, not just walk like in the OG D1 :)