• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MetallicGear Announces the new NEO 520 Series: NEO-G, AIR & SILENT

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Powered by Phanteks, MetallicGear today announced the release of three new design to the Neo series. The new ATX mid-towers provides uncompromised value and functionality in three different styles. The new Neo series includes the Neo Silent, Neo Air, and Neo-G. The Neo Silent is subtle and silent and comes with a sound insulation front panel to help reduce noise; the Neo Air comes with the MetallicGear's characteristic mesh design that offers high airflow performance and includes 2x Skiron 120 mm RGB fans; and the Neo-G features a decorative front panel with 2x Skiron 120 mm D-RGB fans. All three Neo mid-tower cases are compact and design to bring lots of innovation and features like vertical GPU mounting (bracket required), 280 mm radiator support in front, full size hardware support, and plenty of storage.

The NEO-G is a mid-tower case that sports a stylish front tempered glass panel that will be the highlight of your build. The NEO-G features a tempered glass side panel to showcase your hardware, space efficient design, clean cable management, and 2x MetallicGear Skiron 120 mm D-RGB fans.The compact mid-tower size of the NEO-G offers E-ATX motherboard support, plenty of storage and full-size hardware support to create a stunning build.

The NEO Air is a mid-tower case that sports a high airflow decorative mesh front panel for maximum performance and style. The NEO Air features a tempered glass side panel to showcase your hardware, space efficient design, clean cable management, and 2x MetallicGear Skiron 120 mm RGB fans.The compact mid-tower size of the NEO Air offers E-ATX motherboard support, plenty of storage and full-size hardware support to create a high performance build.

The NEO Silent is a mid-tower case that sports a sound dampened front panel to reduce noise from your build. The NEO Silent features a tempered glass side panel to showcase your hardware, space efficient design, clean cable management, and a MetallicGear Skiron 120 mm Black fan.The compact mid-tower size of the NEO Silent offers E-ATX motherboard support, plenty of storage and full-size hardware support to create a silent build.

NEO 520 Series Pricing:
  • NEO Silent: $49.99
  • NEO Air (Black/White): $59.99
  • NEO-G: $69.99

All the new NEO 520 series cases will be available in September 2019.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Is it just me, or are we at a stage where the outside of the case is more important than the inside?
This is not specific about these models here, but it just struck me that the past few weeks of case news has mostly been about the external design, rather than the functionality and practical features of the case.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Cases have been pretty much that or little about any thing else for a long time, which is why i am still after a new one still

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Is it just me, or are we at a stage where the outside of the case is more important than the inside?
This is not specific about these models here, but it just struck me that the past few weeks of case news has mostly been about the external design, rather than the functionality and practical features of the case.

there are still cases that boast about the inside, pretty sure for example the Be Quiet cases are about that more.

that said, why does MetallicGear even include a freaking closed off front panel...stylish? if they say "for Maximum performance" on the mesh one, they should say "for Minimum performance" on the closed front one....

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ

Yes, apparently we are, as this is essentially what I been saying for, like, over a year now....

features......whahdatiz ??????

these look eerily similar to the ones released last week by nzxt, yes ?

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yes, apparently we are, as this is essentially what I been saying for, like, over a year now....

features......whahdatiz ??????

these look eerily similar to the ones released last week by nzxt, yes ?
Yeah, a lot of me-too/copy cat cases these days as well, very little innovation.
In fact, the internal construction seems to be getting worse, just so the case brands (as most of them are not manufacturers) can sell blinged out cases without increasing the cost too much. :mad:

That neo air looks like it could perform decently.

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
Yeah, a lot of me-too/copy cat cases these days as well, very little innovation.
In fact, the internal construction seems to be getting worse, just so the case brands (as most of them are not manufacturers) can sell blinged out cases without increasing the cost too much. :mad:
I for one am happy that there are copy-cats. "Hey look at that whats-a-not premium case maker with innovative feature looks exciting. But I don't need military grade toughness. I'll wait for cheap SECC steel copy from Thermaltake"

And I don't know what kind of innovation can be done to ATX cases anymore. Motherboard orientation? PSU placement? airflow orientation? Quiet/silent case designs? Psu shrouds? Cases with hot-swap? Transformer cases? Cases with roller/wheels?

I've said it before and will say it again, the most innovative cases today are ITX cases atm. And sadly copycats rarely copy them. Just generic cube cases that I fucking hate. Where's my Skyridge 4 Mini copycats, where's Dr Zaber Sentry copycats, where's Velka 5/3 copycats?

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Sorry, but I would NEVER buy anything from Thermaltake. Call me snob if you want, but they make junk.

You might be right on the innovation part, but then why do we need so many new cases? There seems to be a dozen new models every month...

I actually miss some really old cases. Palo Alto Products made some of the best cases ever.
This is the "lesser" version, but have a look at how the motherboard is mounted. It was so easy to install the board in their cases.
No-one has come up with anything like that since.
They also had really nice drive mounts, which none of their competitors had at the time.
I had their PA-810 for the longest of times, but unfortunately it only had space for two internal 3.5" drives.
Not my rig.

Now we have cases that aren't even deep enough to have proper PCIe card slots, instead you have a bracket on the rear of the case that's a pain in the ass to use compared to some of the solution that have come out over the years. Lian-Li had a really nice mechanical solution, but it was apparently way too costly. I'd be happy with serviceable thumb screws, but that's barely an option any more.

But by all means, let's get more crappy glass and plastic instead of something functional.

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
Most of their cases are indeed junk but even gold can be found in the pile of rubble. And in third world countries like mine where beggars can't be choosers (price-wise and brand selection-wise) I'd get a Tt copy of premium case makers anyday.

Not every companies are releasing new products. Some are updating their old models with facelift, some are coming with new series. Some are just entering the market for the first time. Just tell TPU to NOT post case release news pieces (please don't), unless the rare case reviews it'll feel like case release has stopped.

That's innovation all right, that'll only help in 3-4 years (or whenever people upgrade). Not that I'm complaining but seems non-important just like psu covers and glass panels imho.

That can be explained by simple fact of economics. I just checked the back of my case. PCIe slot and IO panel are in same plane(?) (English is not my first language okay). Manufacturing what you're looking for isn't cost-effective imo. And I don't think case makers have very fat margins in the first place anyway. Wanna know other cost cutting measures? Non-replaceable stamped PCIe slot cover, side panel indentation (preggo belly?) for cable routing instead of proper spacing of the motherboard tray inside, no rubber grommet fpr cable routing holes, no fan dust cover etc.

Glass panels are the norm today cause they sell. People just don't hide away their cases under the desk anymore. With the lighting on individual components, along with good cable management, also good looking sleeved cables people wanna show off. I myself can't stand cases with glass front panels. Imo that's taking something too far.

Ultimately I can't foresee any big innovation in the ATX case scene unless Intel and AMD change the format/design of ATX boards, ATX power supply etc.

That's why I again iterate that ITX/SFF PCs hog all the innovation these days. Limited space/artificial limitation do wonders for the scene. Kinda like console limitations force devs to make innovative design choices.