• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU Darkroom - Digital SLR and Photography Club

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Meh Mussels... a Pixel XL... Too much cell phone pics here... :nutkick:

its the DSLR *and* photography club, grammar pedantry lets me get away with it :p

looking forward to my three year upgrade to a pixel 4 XL and its 2x lens, should make this sort of thing a lot easier

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
I'm guilty. My DSLR is just too heavy with the places I go. Looking at getting a mirrorless in the future. Anyone want to buy a D7200
Looking at the New Z50 Nikon

Last edited:
System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
I'm guilty. My DSLR is just too heavy with the places I go. Looking at getting a mirrorless in the future. Anyone want to buy a D7200
Looking at the New Z50 Nikon

Don't do the Z50. It does not have usable lenses yet. After 2 years they will catch up. The only reason. Otherwise okay. Using an adapter is not good. It is slow.

There is a lot of bashing for this one. Northrup heavily critized it. But don't take seriously a man who again shouts nonsesnse and does not understand optics and basic software ecosystems. Not the first time he claims crop sensors deliver less light and are less sharp, yet the light transfer on a surface area is a constant and the usable center sharpness is even better using FF on APSC. Also suggestion a mirrorless F mount camera, never thought of the flange lenght. The real reason is, that he did not get invinted to Nikon event and didn't get a sample gear. Child. Lately he spouts of lack smartphone feature integration in cameras, like cloud sync bla bla... sure... cloud sync few GB's of RAW to the cloud, also a mobile diesel generator by your foot and tea stand while the upload goes. Cameras already last shit battery wise. Oh well... you cannot trust those youtube personalities at all...

The point is... the is no big mastery taking pictures with AI assisted toy phone. You can have those on instagram plenty. And the pictures often suffer from oversharpening, highlights are blown, weird effects on bokeh and image geometrics are strange too. The in built correction still does funny things, the worst - it does it random, that's AI for you. As I do repair mobile phones for living, I get to play mostly with any of them. At least there aren't any whacky makers now needing them to recalibrate with each motherboard change. Altou small TOF cameras now need to be calibrated again.

The whole idea for picture thread is comparing gear used in certain shots and situations and how it performs(peeking at EXIF). The aesthetical value kinda is secondary. It is Tech forum imho. Maybe I got it wrong.

System Name Matter's / Helios 300 Predator
Processor Ryzen 7 2700 / i7 7700HQ
Motherboard B450 Tomahawk / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Cooling Arctic Freezer eSports Duo
Memory Patriot Viper ddr4 32gb / 32gb gskill ddr4
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Super Ventus OC / GTX 1060 6gb
Storage Patriot Viper nvme M2, crucial MX300 275gb, Samsung 860 qvo 1tb
Display(s) Acer 24" 1080p / 15.6 1080p HD
Case Antec 300 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Audio Device(s) On Board - Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Cans
Power Supply Antec 850watt high current pro
Mouse Steel series Rival 600
Keyboard Corsair K70 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Software Win 10 Pro / Win 10 Home
Took these a little bit ago. Nikon D90, 24-120 lense. Moonlight washed it out some, need to head out on a moonless night for better ones
DSC_0024.JPG
DSC_0026.JPG

Last edited:

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
its the DSLR *and* photography club, grammar pedantry lets me get away with it :p

looking forward to my three year upgrade to a pixel 4 XL and its 2x lens, should make this sort of thing a lot easier

I'm very happy with my P30 Pro, the camera on that is amazing :) For macro shots and all sorts, low level light, it does really well. Much better than my P10 was, but then you'd hope so :)

I feel bad for my 5D Mk3 sat in the cupboard, I just don't get the time to get it out and to use it and it's not something that I could fit in my pocket either which really doesn't help when you have a near 8 month old... That said, she does like to try and get my phone which is always funny to see, no matter how many times you say don't, it always ends up back in her mouth :laugh: That said, she's getting there with selfies I think but maybe more by accident than on purpose :)

Definitely the reason to make sure I have more storage at home !! :)

System Name HELLSTAR
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Mouse Razer Basilisk
doesn't help when you have a near 8 month old...

Yeah, I often repair phones with charging problems, as children saliva gets into the ports and charging a wet port ends up with no copper left there, the phone may show errors and stop charging, but it doesn't stop the charger and voltage across the port to cause electrolytic process. Also phones aren't the cleanest thing to give in someones mouth, you never know what kind of door handles you have opened before picking up a phone, especially after public toilet at work for example where someone fails to wipe his arse properly.

At least sell cheap or present the Canon to someone to enjoy photography as it should be, while it is still working. P30 Pro isn't anything special, all flagship devices split a hairs in camera performance actually. It is not bad either, but it does nothing for you. It does not push you to think about the shot, calculate, compose.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Yeah, I often repair phones with charging problems, as children saliva gets into the ports and charging a wet port ends up with no copper left there, the phone may show errors and stop charging, but it doesn't stop the charger and voltage across the port to cause electrolytic process. Also phones aren't the cleanest thing to give in someones mouth, you never know what kind of door handles you have opened before picking up a phone, especially after public toilet at work for example where someone fails to wipe his arse properly.

At least sell cheap or present the Canon to someone to enjoy photography as it should be, while it is still working. P30 Pro isn't anything special, all flagship devices split a hairs in camera performance actually. It is not bad either, but it does nothing for you. It does not push you to think about the shot, calculate, compose.

I can well imagine that happening as well :) We always take it away from her but it's the first place it goes unless she see's herself in the picture when I'm trying to get a picture of her, cleaniness is definitely high up on the list with a child but back the day when kids eat dirt and all such things, I do think about maybe sometimes things are too clean... But I digress...

I'm keeping hold of the camera (I'll only end up spending thousands more to replace it with something newer when it's perfectly fine for me) When she's a little older and is not trying to eat everything I can get some time with the camera and her and get some brilliant photo's, I still enjoy taking pictures which is why I'm fighting for disk space :laugh:

I'm on holiday next week down in Cornwall (nothing special but it's all I can afford at the moment and that's a just about!!) so I'm very much looking forward to taking the big camera with me and grabbing some pictures whilst I'm out and about. I'm kinda excited that I'll be able to get my daughter down to see a real proper beach and get her toes in the water :) It'll be a bit chilly I think for swimming in the sea but always another time for another day somewhere :)

System Name HELLSTAR
Mouse Razer Basilisk
I'm on holiday next week down in Cornwall (nothing special but it's all I can afford at the moment and that's a just about!!) so I'm very much looking forward to taking the big camera with me and grabbing some pictures whilst I'm out and about. I'm kinda excited that I'll be able to get my daughter down to see a real proper beach and get her toes in the water :) It'll be a bit chilly I think for swimming in the sea but always another time for another day somewhere :)

Meh... just ditch the mirror if you dislike weight, many did that and don't regret. Take some light APS-C or even smaller MFT. You cannot even imagine how modern glass has evolved really, especially in the weight department, not mentioning the devices itself. The only that haven't got the idea is yet Canon itself making more heavy and more expensive glass for his RF mount mirrorless...(85mm F1.2), at least they fixed eye focus at last, that is a feature that lets you blaze shots so fast and nail every of them without much thinking... cell phones won't have it yet, latest Sony phones for exception tho...

Also on the older platforms... it ain't that expensive... even Tamron has released some spanking good glass this year. Like Tamron 35mm f1.4 SP Di USD, rendering Canon's twice more expensive L glass of same length looking stupid. Sigma is doing fine recently as usual. You don't have to spend so much anymore actually.

Have a nice trip thou. Weather ain't a cake here tho... rain and cloudy all day long...

Last edited:

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Meh... just ditch the mirror if you dislike weight, many did that and don't regret. Take some light APS-C or even smaller MFT. You cannot even imagine how modern glass has evolved really, especially in the weight department, not mentioning the devices itself. The only that haven't got the idea is yet Canon itself making more heavy and more expensive glass for his RF mount mirrorless...(85mm F1.2), at least they fixed eye focus at last, that is a feature that lets you blaze shots so fast and nail every of them without much thinking... cell phones won't have it yet, latest Sony phones for exception tho...

Also on the older platforms... it ain't that expensive... even Tamron has released some spanking good glass this year. Like Tamron 35mm f1.4 SP Di USD, rendering Canon's twice more expensive L glass of same length looking stupid. Sigma is doing fine recently as usual. You don't have to spend so much anymore actually.

Have a nice trip thou. Weather ain't a cake here tho... rain and cloudy all day long...

I've no money for cameras which is why I'm keeping hold of this one :laugh: Still, I've got some likes in mind of buying another lense, that would be another telephoto model, 100 to 400. I have my 24 to 105 and that's fine. the 70 to 300 I'd like to replace with the 100 to 400 ideally but again no money and needing to move home, keep my girls fed, clothed and petrol etc in the car is a little more important now so when I get time and have some money, that'll be something else to spend my hard earned cash on :)

One of my old work colleagues uses nothing but Sigma kit, he's sponsored by them so he has a few cameras to play with :) Might be worth at that point speaking with him and seeing what he might suggest but all in good time :)

System Name HELLSTAR
Mouse Razer Basilisk
70 to 300 I'd like to replace with the 100 to 400

You have a pretty neighbor across the street needing that 400 reach? :D

Keep the 70-300, the IQ on the ends for those is usually lacking in the middle end glass, thus the 70-300 are more stable. Good tele's breathe into sports photography and costing arm and leg, even the old ones cost waaay too much. And those are behemoths also. Maybe just a newer 70-300 with greater IQ, faster focus and lighter? I wouldn't mind that. But I tend to use primes mostly, for exception when goofing around and testing a new glass.

Currently my main workhorse is 24mm F1.4GM and my loved Contax Zeiss 135mm F2.8 MMJ for those special occasions. I carry those two around daily. Some nifty fifties sometimes just for the bokeh lulz with some. I've played a lot with vintage glass during years, I have even the TAIR-3 that popped up here like a joke on the pistol grip, but that's manual, for some it is pretty hard. I really kinda don't know what would I take now. My last 24mil left me satisfied like an elephant.

Maybe some astro experiments, but with more serious gear, like skyguider tracking. Well dunno.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
here's a little shot caught on my Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro of a nice little lightning bolt near my home

stormy weather 2019.10.15_00.04.01].jpg

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
You have a pretty neighbor across the street needing that 400 reach? :D

Now there's an option but not quite lol :)

It was just general usage that the 105mm didn't reach but using it wasn't so much and so it's down on my list of what to buy :)

The 50x zoom on my phone seems fun enough to use as long as I can keep it steady long enough lol

Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Don't do the Z50. It does not have usable lenses yet. After 2 years they will catch up. The only reason. Otherwise okay. Using an adapter is not good. It is slow.

There is a lot of bashing for this one. Northrup heavily critized it. But don't take seriously a man who again shouts nonsesnse and does not understand optics and basic software ecosystems. Not the first time he claims crop sensors deliver less light and are less sharp, yet the light transfer on a surface area is a constant and the usable center sharpness is even better using FF on APSC. Also suggestion a mirrorless F mount camera, never thought of the flange lenght. The real reason is, that he did not get invinted to Nikon event and didn't get a sample gear. Child. Lately he spouts of lack smartphone feature integration in cameras, like cloud sync bla bla... sure... cloud sync few GB's of RAW to the cloud, also a mobile diesel generator by your foot and tea stand while the upload goes. Cameras already last shit battery wise. Oh well... you cannot trust those youtube personalities at all...

The point is... the is no big mastery taking pictures with AI assisted toy phone. You can have those on instagram plenty. And the pictures often suffer from oversharpening, highlights are blown, weird effects on bokeh and image geometrics are strange too. The in built correction still does funny things, the worst - it does it random, that's AI for you. As I do repair mobile phones for living, I get to play mostly with any of them. At least there aren't any whacky makers now needing them to recalibrate with each motherboard change. Altou small TOF cameras now need to be calibrated again.

The whole idea for picture thread is comparing gear used in certain shots and situations and how it performs(peeking at EXIF). The aesthetical value kinda is secondary. It is Tech forum imho. Maybe I got it wrong.

They also released 2 new Z lenses making 8

IDK though, I would have to sell my others, maybe just a sony point n shoot like the Sony RX100 V

Last edited:
System Name HELLSTAR
Mouse Razer Basilisk
They also released 2 new Z lenses making 8

Sure the 8000$ manual Noct is really worth mentioning... you have a goose that lays golden eggs?

There was a nice comment... when Russians manage also to release a Zenit 50mm F0.95 and for fraction of price - 770$, also half a year faster.... Nikon really screwed something badly up...

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Sure the 8000$ manual Noct is really worth mentioning... you have a goose that lays golden eggs?

There was a nice comment... when Russians manage also to release a Zenit 50mm F0.95 and for fraction of price - 770$, also half a year faster.... Nikon really screwed something badly up...
Go to phillipreeve.net and take a look at quick review of that Zenit and you'll see why NOCT costs $8000.

System Name HELLSTAR
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Go to phillipreeve.net and take a look at quick review of that Zenit and you'll see why NOCT costs $8000.

Well tbh those both are unusable and utterly stupid lenses for all round photography for mere people like us. It really doesn't fit anywhere in real time usage even in niche special occasions for pros.

The critique towards the Zenit in that blog is bit too much... yes it is unneeded shit, he bashes about weight(hey it is 0.95 there is no other way), busy bokeh(it is Biotar style, Zenit most signature bokeh not a complaint it is a thing people seek), sharpness... for a 0.95 lens, that's how you take the pics. Yes the distortion is high, that's a problem. I care to say without a tripod it is impossible to shoot wide open on any of those. It was just a joke, also Mikaton 35mm F0.95 also exists. The sample photos for all of those lenses are trash, high rate of missing focus, you have to learn to use it, basically reviewers are incapable to tell something about it, as it requires practice and know how where it really excels. (I wouldn't be the one learning too thou and would write a bashing review. I rather like to crank up some obscure projector lens and have the same fun).

Basically... 8K... no stabilization, manual, heavy... ehrrm cine lens marketed for photo?

It reminds the speed race like in the 60ties... Canon had the F0.95 50mm un 1961 and basically just for the lulz in the number. It was all about epeen like number... okay, I agree there was a certain film that needed such lenses, during those days. But still... 8 grand? Okay 2-3K... not 8K. Damn it is not Leica. Great additions to the deserted Z mount lineup. It will really help to sell and evolve the ecosystem lulz, thus the joke about Russians.

Last edited:
Anyone have a Sony Alpha Digital SLR Camera and want to buy a Lens
Its in good shape, no specs or condensation

Sony 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Macro. Sony A mount

Last edited:
System Name Matter's / Helios 300 Predator
Processor Ryzen 7 2700 / i7 7700HQ
Motherboard B450 Tomahawk / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Cooling Arctic Freezer eSports Duo
Memory Patriot Viper ddr4 32gb / 32gb gskill ddr4
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Super Ventus OC / GTX 1060 6gb
Storage Patriot Viper nvme M2, crucial MX300 275gb, Samsung 860 qvo 1tb
Display(s) Acer 24" 1080p / 15.6 1080p HD
Case Antec 300 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Audio Device(s) On Board - Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Cans
Power Supply Antec 850watt high current pro
Mouse Steel series Rival 600
Keyboard Corsair K70 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Software Win 10 Pro / Win 10 Home
Nikon D7200 with Kit lens 18-105 VR $550
I can upload a pic you can check the medadata if your interested. PM me

Shutter count is 3605

System Name ---
Processor FX 8350 @ 4.00 Ghz with 1.28v
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 v4.0, Hacked Bios F4.x
Cooling Silenx 4 pipe Tower cooler + 2 x Cougar 120mm fan, 3 x 120mm, 1 x 200 mm Red LED fan
Memory Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866 16GB + Patriot Memory DDR3 1866 16GB
Video Card(s) Asus R9 290 OC @ GPU - 1050, MEM - 1300
Storage Inland 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD for OS, WDC Black - 2TB + 1TB Storage, Inland 480GB SSD - Games
Display(s) 3 x 1080P LCDs - Acer 25" + Acer 23" + HP 23"
Case AeroCool XPredator X3
Audio Device(s) Built-in Realtek
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Modular
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
What are you guys using for editing? I heard lightroom was the way to go but was thinking about the corel stuff because I hate subscription models and rather like my experience with their video suite.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
What are you guys using for editing? I heard lightroom was the way to go but was thinking about the corel stuff because I hate subscription models and rather like my experience with their video suite.
The subscription model does indeed suck... after long enough it adds up and they sure do make their money. Use it for long enough and you've paid up a commercial license for personal use! Brilliant!

I've been considering branching out myself, but the whole lightroom environment is very hard to break away from for me. Great for organizing, industry leading processing tools, extremely intuitive... really can't beat it. The only thing I hate about it is the spot removal tool. It never bakes anything in, including basic spot removal, so if you have to remove a lot of spots it eventually bogs down and can make the whole process come to a screeching halt.

Old school Photoshop. Really I try not to edit. But if I do its just some hue correction or curves

I've used Lightroom. Its nice you can edit a whole batch of photos at the same time but I don't use it any longer