• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lamptron Unveils SM436 Sync Edition PCI RGB-Fan and LED-Controller

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
In times of Tempered Glass, not only the cooling performance and volume development of the PCs want to be adapted to their own and changing requirements, but also the RGB lighting suitable for the hardware. The Lamptron SM436 Sync Edition PCI RGB & Fan Controller offers not only extensive functionality, but also high compatibility. It runs up to four fans with or without PWM control and RGB products with or without digital RGB LEDs. The separate LC display can be attached to PCI slots, which can be admired by a transparent side section made of hard or acrylic glass. The control is operated by an infrared remote control.

• Control panels for fans and RGB LED lighting
  • Separate LC display with display for temperature, voltage and speed
  • Sync Edition: Synchronization with mainboard or other RGB controller possible
  • Four channels for fans with or without PWM with up to 36 watts per channel
  • Four headers for up to 60 RGB LEDs (12 V RGB)
  • Four headers for up to 60 digitally addressing RGB LEDs (5 V DG)
  • Power supply by 4 -Pin -Molex and SATA
  • Includes RF remote control
Maximum control of ventilation
The SM436 Sync Edition PCI RGB & Fan Controller offers almost unlimited control over fans and RGB lighting. With up to 36 watts of power per channel there is almost no limit. The fan controller supports both fans with and without PWM. The power supply is via a 4 -pin Molex connection. In total, up to four fans can be connected to the controller board.

In addition, four 4 -pin RGB LED fans or strips (12VGRB) and four digitally addressing 3 -pin RGB devices (5VDG) can be connected. The additional power supply is provided via a SATA connection. There are also four temperature sensors which can also be connected to the board.
Including LC display and infrared remote control

The illumination and speed of the fans shall be controlled by the infrared remote control provided. For example, the fans can be switched to either the quiet mode at 40 percent or to the maximum mode. Or leave the fan control to the controller. In addition, the lighting modes are determined by remote control. The Lamptron SM436 Sync Edition can be connected to a mainboard or other RGB controller via attached cable, allowing the synchronization of RGB and ARGB lighting with external control devices.

In order to know how fast the fans rotate and what voltage they are running at and what temperatures are inside the housing, Lamptron has added a chic LC display. It is attached to three free PCI slots and the output can be admired by a transparent side window. The board of the controller is connected to it with a cable and can be hidden somewhere in the housing.

Technical details:
  • Dimensions (boards): 121.5 x 21 x 72.5 mm (B x H x T)
  • Dimensions (display): 140 x 12,5 x 60 mm (B x H x T)
  • Screen: 95 mm x 45 mm
  • Compatibility: 3x PCI slots (display)
  • Material: aluminium
  • Color: Black
  • Fan channels: 4 (max. 36 W per channel)
  • Voltage: Stainless 0 -12 V
  • Connections:
    o 1x 4 -Pol Molex
    o 1x SATA
    o 4x 2 -pin temperature sensor
    o 1x PC -RGB In
    o 1x PC -ADD In
  • RGB -LED -connectors:
    o 4x 3 -Pin -RGB (5VDG, up to 60 LEDs per channel)
    o 4x 4 -pin RGB (12VGRB, up to 60 LEDs per channel)
  • Delivery:
    o 1x Controller board with acrylic glass cover
    o 1x LC display
    o 2x Connection cable Controller /Display
    o 4x Temperature sensors
    o 1x Infrared remote control
    o Mounting material for display

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD Ryzen 3800X / AMD 8350
Motherboard ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 Revision 3.0
Cooling Stock / Corsair H100
Memory 32GB / 24GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6800 / AMD Radeon 290X (Toggling until 6950XT)
Storage C:\ 1TB SSD, D:\ RAID-1 1TB SSD, 2x4TB-RAID-1
Display(s) Samsung U32E850R
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black rev. 2 / Fractal Design
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 1300G2 / EVGA Supernova 850G+
Mouse Logitech M-U0007
Keyboard Logitech G110 / Logitech G110
I like the idea and for the target market it makes sense. I always have at least two slots in use though, sometimes more. So if this was designed to share the rear-IO expansion slots with cards then they'd get a bit more of the market. I have some friends who make it a point to fill up every slot and maximize the number of USB ports (...yeah) though I prefer a dedicated sound card (not for the more "snobby" reasons) and I'm thinking about a dedicated NVMe card. That being said I really think fan controls should be standard on cases.

System Name Liquid 2022
Processor Intel i7-12700k
Motherboard Asus Strix Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4
Cooling Custom loop with 9x120mm radiator area
Memory Team 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4@4133 C18-18-18
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 2080ti on nickel Heatkiller IV block with Aluminum backplate
Storage 10TB SSD: Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (OS), Samsung 980 PRO 2TB, ADATA SX8200 PRO 2TB/500GB, 4TB/1TB MX500
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 1440p G-SYNC, Samsung Odyssey
Case Phanteks ENTHOO 719 (grey)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5, Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Power Supply Cooler Master V1200, custom sleeved white cables
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux RGB
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (maybe 11 soon?)
Finally, a fan controller solution that is designed for cases without 5.25-inch drive bays. Now if only Aquacomputer will follow suit.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I love the idea of the little LCD screen - but i would love it even more if i could plug it in to a USB header and use software to view fan RPMs and stuff. I dont really care about the RGB or fan control features.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
moar bling bling (control) for your zing zing :clap:

Oh wow, haven't seen anything from Lamptron in a while. Nice to see something. I love niche products like this.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
Why is it that all the PC branded addressable LED controllers are only capable of controlling a paultry quantity of LEDs? Only 60 LEDs per channel? So 240 max? That's ridiculous considering a $10 SP108 generic addressable LED controller on Amazon can control 2048 pixels. Power shouldn't be an issue either....a 5 meter strip with 60 LEDs/meter (300 in total) only requires 72 watts of power (which a PCIe slot can provide on its own, just for comparison) so a controller with a single 6 pin pcie connection to the PSU should be more than capable of powering well over 300 pixels.

Maybe it's just me and my use of 144 LED/meter strips in my builds, but I'm seriously disappointed by how incapable these PC brand LED controllers are currently. And don't even get me started in how aggravating the whole proprietary connector thing is in the PC market, especially Asus's stupid "4 minus 1 = 3 pin" connector they use for their addressable headers instead of using the LED industries standard 3 pin JST connector for 5v addressable strips. Worse yet, for some unexplained reason, every other mobo manufacturer has adopted the same 4 minus 1 = 3 pin connector as if it were an industry standard or something. Or just like how many addressable rgb fans use stupid 6 pin connectors when the best thing would be to have two separate connectors for each fan, one 4 pin pwm for fan control and one 3 pin JST connector so the customer can chose to control the lighting with any controller, including ones that DON'T have a PC brand label slapped in then and a 400% price markup

Last edited:
System Name MacBook Pro 16"
Processor M1 Pro
Memory 16GB unified memory
Storage 1 TB
80%-90% of custom PC parts are completely useless, like this thing.

Those 80%-90% are my favorite things to check out. You're free to keep focusing on that last 10% or so.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Why is it that all the PC branded addressable LED controllers are only capable of controlling a paultry quantity of LEDs? Only 60 LEDs per channel? So 240 max? That's ridiculous considering a $10 SP108 generic addressable LED controller on Amazon can control 2048 pixels. Power shouldn't be an issue either....a 5 meter strip with 60 LEDs/meter (300 in total) only requires 72 watts of power (which a PCIe slot can provide on its own, just for comparison) so a controller with a single 6 pin pcie connection to the PSU should be more than capable of powering well over 300 pixels.

Maybe it's just me and my use of 144 LED/meter strips in my builds, but I'm seriously disappointed by how incapable these PC brand LED controllers are currently. And don't even get me started in how aggravating the whole proprietary connector thing is in the PC market, especially Asus's stupid "4 minus 1 = 3 pin" connector they use for their addressable headers instead of using the LED industries standard 3 pin JST connector for 5v addressable strips. Worse yet, for some unexplained reason, every other mobo manufacturer has adopted the same 4 minus 1 = 3 pin connector as if it were an industry standard or something. Or just like how many addressable rgb fans use stupid 6 pin connectors when the best thing would be to have two separate connectors for each fan, one 4 pin pwm for fan control and one 3 pin JST connector so the customer can chose to control the lighting with any controller, including ones that DON'T have a PC brand label slapped in then and a 400% price markup

They're limited by current draw which is about 1.5A off of each SATA/4p Molex connector, don't quote me but it's somewhere around there. Each LED device checks in at .3A. If you math that out that is a limit of 5 devices.

Last edited: