• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo IV Announced at BlizzCon 2019

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
Hype is real, but I do hope they will deliver. I am one of those who liked D3, but it was not perfect and Blizzard lately has not exactly... been great. BfA still pisses me off.

The graphics looks outdated. The gameplay and game mechanics look outdated. I'm glad Dark souls happened or we wouldn't get a proper evolution of the action RPG genre.

Tell that to Path of Exile players :)
Both Diablo and Souls series are RPGs, sure. But they are very different subgenres. You are not exactly hacking your way through tens of demons at once in Souls for the sake of loot.

Whatever Blizzard. No one cares about your games anymore.

I am sure that you are well aware that what you just said is just blatantly false, right?

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
Speak for yourself people, I'm looking forward to this game!

There's no devs left at Blizzard. Prepare for a steaming pile.

was hoping there was some new starcraft continuation... :( one can hope

They had to get feedback from high level streamers for the balance patch, b/c they wanted to buff Zerg, again, and make a ton more bad decisions. There's no one left to do anything competent/coherent in that place.

If it's not a simple cash grab, then it's not happening.

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
Who asked for this? I know I didn't. There are enough good clones that are so similar in gameplay, you'd think why you'd want to play this.
There's more to a game than just gameplay, there's the mythology behind the game, the storyline, etc. I've been a Diablo game fan going all the way back to the original.

I'd love to get my hands on a copy of Diablo 2 but I doubt I'll be able to.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
Cooling Corsair iCUE H115i Elite Capellix 280mm
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz CL18
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3070 Ti TUF Gaming OC Edition
Storage Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF
Case Corsair iCUE 4000X
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Platinum
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 - Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K70 MK.2 Low-Profile Rapidfire
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (64-bit)
Ah well it looks ok but if it's just another online version like Diablo III was then they can shove it where the sun doesn't shine

I agree, the always-online aspect for a single player is really off-putting I don't want lag with my single-player experience. It was for the "AH" they said, that has been removed for ages, I don't see an offline option yet. Personally, I liked the AH but if that comes with a mandatory always-online option, they can shove it.

I also didn't appreciate the cartoony graphics, it was meant to be dark and foreboding, the maps were also never truly randomized, just a few set tiles shuffled each time, it killed the longevity of the game.

Their latest political leanings and ideologies pushing degeneracy put me off from buying anything from them ever again.

Last edited:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
There's no devs left at Blizzard. Prepare for a steaming pile.

They had to get feedback from high level streamers for the balance patch, b/c they wanted to buff Zerg, again, and make a ton more bad decisions. There's no one left to do anything competent/coherent in that place.

If it's not a simple cash grab, then it's not happening.

Yeah not expecting much from them either, never know right ? but i aint holding my breath though

There's more to a game than just gameplay, there's the mythology behind the game, the storyline, etc. I've been a Diablo game fan going all the way back to the original.

Which i loved the game for, my name coming from D2 for a way to name my chars so i would know who was who. But the auction house did not bother me personally it's what came after, although really the game was a fail due to the lack of randomized maps.

Aftwr putting in over 3000 hours in to it i just got tired of the need of resetting and starting again, over and over again then they made i about the rifts LOL. Which is the most boring thing to do.

No randomized maps in the default game will be a no buy for me.

Grim Dawn looks better than this to me, I'll pass. I'm just waiting on a sale then I plan to nab the expansions for Grim Dawn

Never came close for me sadly, I do plan to play it again though but hate the map in GD and on top of tha coop sucks for 2 new players playing for the story.

Although i have noticed their been a few updates which i have not checked in to yet so mayb some hope their ?, will see

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard X570 I Aorus Pro
Cooling Deepcool AG400
Memory HyperX Fury 2 x 8GB 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) RX 470 Nitro+ 4GB
Storage SX8200 Pro 512 / NV2 512
Display(s) 24G2U
Case NR200P
Power Supply Ion SFX 650
Mouse G703
Keyboard Keychron V1 (Akko Matcha Green) / Apex m500 (gateron milky yellow)
Software W10
I would love a D2 remaster. Sadly there was no info about it. Yet.

System Name Warranty Void Mk.IV
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asus X470-I Strix
Cooling Arctic Freezer 240 + 2x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm / Silverstone 120mm Slim
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz 2x8GB CL16 - Tightened Sub-timings
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra
Storage WD SN550 / MX300 / MX500
Display(s) AOC CU34G2 / LG 29UM69G-B - Auxilary
Case CM NR200p / Silverstone RVZ03-B
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 1220+SupremeFX
Power Supply Corsair CX550M 550W / Silverstone SX650-G 650W
Mouse Logitech G302/G502/G203 / RPG: Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard CM Masterkeys Pro M / Asus Sagaris GK100
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 - LTSB

Yeah, and previous games did it better in every way compared to the latest entry, I don't think they can top their own best work pre-2010. That's why they're going back to basics with remasters.

Now they're adding BS characters and McGuffins all over the place to fill in plot holes, just to be defeated later like they're nothing (I literary just bought D3ROS today and beat Act V in less than 2 hours just to make sense of the D4 trailer) and vaguely setup possible sequels, while "expanding" the lore on the Eternal Conflict and whatever else is going on in the background. IMO that's not good enough, but it's Diablo and there isn't much to stray from so the writers are limited at what they can do.

I do like watching the beautiful cinematics, but usually the games on launch aren't worth +$60 dollar price-tag. Like I did with D3, I'll wait until all of the content is released before even trying it. Most of the time I am not missing out on much.

At the time when I beat D2LoD back in 2011 (Yes I was more than 10 years late, I forgot such a game even existed, because I wasn't willing to experiment AND had to wait until I got burnt out on TES IV), I always wondered what happens next. After I played D3 not long after for the first time, I still feel like it should have ended at 2. And it's still one of the games anyone should play if they even remotely love RPGs, with D3 I couldn't give that recommendation. It's like there's something really special about it that sadly most games released today simply lack.

I won't deny there is nostalgia factor in it. I'll give one example, like how I miss the old installers and waiting for the game to install while epic music plays or you get to see screenshots of the game to hype you up,. It's a ritual, and I loved every second of it. The sound of the physical disk being read. Now I just press a button, the thing downloads uneventfully and it's over without much excitement, a completely sterile experience.

Then there's the whole thing overall, you watch the badass intro and you stay at edge of your damn seat through it all, watch the outro and have your mind blown without even having a single thought that you could be bored. Not a lot of games can pull that off, and you have that question in your mind what happens next. Maybe my attention span has dropped since then, but the last time a game made me feel like that without being attached too much was far too long ago.

I'm not disappointed they're making a fourth entry, I simply don't like how the industry is going nowadays and players are being groomed to meet game publisher expectations because a lot of people seem to not have a mind of their own, when they like to think they do.

I can't really be vocal about these types of things, it's not like my own feeling of something ever changed all that much that has happened in the last decade. There hasn't been a game that passed my expectations in more than 10 years after having a taste of the classics.

It's probably because I feel wrong when playing a re-skinned version of something that was released previously. Like I would prefer playing Unreal Tournament 99 over 2004, Morrowind over Oblivion or MechWarrior 2 and 3 over anything later just to give a few examples. There hasn't been anything revolutionary that makes me go ape s**t and remember the moments like they were just yesterday.

And this is one of the 10 main reasons I never get the games on launch. Every game franchise has it's peak and it started very early, so It's not so easy to be equal or better than what was, or maybe the majority is simply concentrated on making money and not making a better game. In a lot of cases we're getting less as years go by.

I haven't given up on TNBT that someone is secretly working on, as some devs have clearly shown that it's still possible to make something even better.

In a way I feel spoiled to have played really great games in short amount of time that we humans have and nothing so far even comes close to what I have seen and can never be re-played the same as I have for the first time.

I want another time of renaissance for games to begin, where you didn't even have a doubt in your mind a game was going to be near perfect as soon as you saw the trailer.

Everyone has their own opinion though and I feel like I said too much.

Last edited:
System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Samsung Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Home 64

I thought my big box of Diablo 2 was lost to the ages - one of the many games I owned years ago that my younger brother took upon himself to raid my stored stuff at the parent's house while I was out at my freshmen year of college. So many lost games and boxes that he destroyed....

Anyway, I was going through one last big storage bin that's just been shoved to the back of my closet for the past 15 years since we moved in, I thought it was just random junk from my teenage years so I hadn't bothered to look in it, just shoved it in the back corner. To my surprise I found my Icewind Dale box (with everything in there, except the game - which I kept in my desk drawer by my computer) and my Diablo 2 box. I was happy to take the games and reconnect them with their long lost homes.

I loved me some Diablo and Diablo 2. I tried Diablo 3 when I last visited my brother's place since he has a copy.....just wasn't the same as the first two, felt kind of dumbed down. I don't have any need for getting Diablo 3 nor does it interest me that they're making a fourth.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yeah, and previous games did it better in every way compared to the latest entry, I don't think they can top their own best work pre-2010. That's why they're going back to basics with remasters.

Now they're adding BS characters and McGuffins all over the place to fill in plot holes, just to be defeated later like they're nothing (I literary just bought D3ROS today and beat Act V in less than 2 hours just to make sense of the D4 trailer) and vaguely setup possible sequels, while "expanding" the lore on the Eternal Conflict and whatever else is going on in the background. IMO that's not good enough, but it's Diablo and there isn't much to stray from so the writers are limited at what they can do.

I do like watching the beautiful cinematics, but usually the games on launch aren't worth +$60 dollar price-tag. Like I did with D3, I'll wait until all of the content is released before even trying it. Most of the time I am not missing out on much.

At the time when I beat D2LoD back in 2011 (Yes I was more than 10 years late, I forgot such a game even existed, because I wasn't willing to experiment AND had to wait until I got burnt out on TES IV), I always wondered what happens next. After I played D3 not long after for the first time, I still feel like it should have ended at 2. And it's still one of the games anyone should play if they even remotely love RPGs, with D3 I couldn't give that recommendation. It's like there's something really special about it that sadly most games released today simply lack.

I won't deny there is nostalgia factor in it. I'll give one example, like how I miss the old installers and waiting for the game to install while epic music plays or you get to see screenshots of the game to hype you up,. It's a ritual, and I loved every second of it. The sound of the physical disk being read. Now I just press a button, the thing downloads uneventfully and it's over without much excitement, a completely sterile experience.

Then there's the whole thing overall, you watch the badass intro and you stay at edge of your damn seat through it all, watch the outro and have your mind blown without even having a single thought that you could be bored. Not a lot of games can pull that off, and you have that question in your mind what happens next. Maybe my attention span has dropped since then, but the last time a game made me feel like that without being attached too much was far too long ago.

I'm not disappointed they're making a fourth entry, I simply don't like how the industry is going nowadays and players are being groomed to meet game publisher expectations because a lot of people seem to not have a mind of their own, when they like to think they do.

I can't really be vocal about these types of things, it's not like my own feeling of something ever changed all that much that has happened in the last decade. There hasn't been a game that passed my expectations in more than 10 years after having a taste of the classics.

It's probably because I feel wrong when playing a re-skinned version of something that was released previously. Like I would prefer playing Unreal Tournament 99 over 2004, Morrowind over Oblivion or MechWarrior 2 and 3 over anything later just to give a few examples. There hasn't been anything revolutionary that makes me go ape s**t and remember the moments like they were just yesterday.

And this is one of the 10 main reasons I never get the games on launch. Every game franchise has it's peak and it started very early, so It's not so easy to be equal or better than what was, or maybe the majority is simply concentrated on making money and not making a better game. In a lot of cases we're getting less as years go by.

I haven't given up on TNBT that someone is secretly working on, as some devs have clearly shown that it's still possible to make something even better.

In a way I feel spoiled to have played really great games in short amount of time that we humans have and nothing so far even comes close to what I have seen and can never be re-played the same as I have for the first time.

I want another time of renaissance for games to begin, where you didn't even have a doubt in your mind a game was going to be near perfect as soon as you saw the trailer.

Everyone has their own opinion though and I feel like I said too much.

To me it sounds more like that you either have too 'high' standards or just burned out of gaming/grew out of it and thats totally fine.

I'm also playing less than I used to but I can still enjoy various kind of games w/o being bothered by 'details'.
As long as I'm having fun with with the game nothing else matters,I don't care about game reviews or whatever else. 'and I definitely don't mix politics with my gaming time/needs like some ppl..'

Btw most ppl don't play Diablo games and this genre for the lore/story only.
Its mainly for killing endless ammounts of demons and collecting loot to make their chars stronger,come up with different builds,etc.

I know the story and even read Diablo books but thats not why I play the serie so buying the game on day 1 was worth it since it was a long term investment anyway.

Last edited:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Never came close for me sadly, I do plan to play it again though but hate the map in GD and on top of tha coop sucks for 2 new players playing for the story.

Although i have noticed their been a few updates which i have not checked in to yet so mayb some hope their ?, will see

they have had loads of improvements, so it is worth trying again, I only do single player though so can't comment on coop. I have no issue with the map, its pretty straightforward and handholding at this point, there is always an arrow telling me which direction to go, thats enough for me /shrug

the main draw of Grim Dawn for me is the unique art style, especially if you have a well calibrated monitor, the colors make my eyes happy :D

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Fractal Design Define Mini C
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Meh, I'd just love to have a Diablo II remastered.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
I wish they would add RTX support. Would be so cool for this type of game while remain not terribly demanding.

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
I do. Always will. I dont care their beliefs or supports. I play games because I enjoy them. Just like I eat Chick-Fil-A because I enjoy their food. I dont give a shit about their religious beliefs.

PPl need thicker skin these days.

People are dumb and are fucking sheep. Fucking get on with your life. They've apologized and made things right and explained their reasonings in detail. Move on.

Edit: For those that haven't seen. J Allen brack goes into detail in an interview regarding the Hong Kong stuff.

It should really quell the naysayers but so many people these days are so close minded and have already made hasty decisions that it won't change their mind. And j Allen actually stated what I have said all along; you brought something not related to the game that was being played, politics, and created a world wide political issue for blizzard that didn't need to happen. It was clearly stated in the rules that this was not allowed and not in spirit of the game or sport and they were punished for it. It has nothing to do with the content of the protest but rather you took focus away from the event in progress.

But let's go up and arms and protest blizz and never buy their stuff again. Seems pretty unreasonable don't you think?

Edit 2: fixed formatting. I don't know how it got so messed up. I blame me doing this on my phone

Last edited:
System Name My PC!
Processor AMD FX 8350 (4,66 GHz)
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator T2 DDR3 at 2133 MHz
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 480 4G (1350 - 1900 MHz)
Storage Western Digital Caviar Black 1 and 2 TB (WDC Green)
Display(s) LG 24EA53VQ
Case Coolermaster HAF X (942)
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZX
Power Supply Corsair TX 950W
Software Windows 7x64 Ultimate SP1, Windows XP Professional SP3
We want Orcs & Humans and Warcraft II remasters... As the Command & Command and Red Alert...

True. And it's a shame that ARPG leader, most perfect game still superior in many areas, was made almost 20 years ago. Firstly, they showed something entirely different in that 2h long trailer/dev-talk (speaking of D3) then different on Blizzcon, and then everything started to change. Good ideas were rejected in favour of 'fan-service' - no matter how stupid it was. RMAH and AH could work. Should've. All-RNG itemization couldn't. Jay Wilson and Wyatt Cheng weren't the types who understand underlying mathematics behind D2 at all. Their attempts to 'explain' reason for some of their doings were purely comical.

The game was poorly tested. Very poorly. Beta included 1/3 of Act I. *That* part works the best in the game. Internal testers were garbage, and withhold knowledge about useful bugs and abuses for later exploration and RMAH gains. They turned off The Warden for D3 entirely (anti-cheating system that works decently, but is off almost the whole time). Working bots could be bought on internet, some of them even for free, and some of them very advanced - after all, a real money was involved. Even players who didn't use bots had a ways to earn money by AH->RMAH, which is OK in general, but the methods have no connection with playing the game, which was wrong.

Players were made to grind gold, 'play AH' - because RNG worked so randomly that all decent items came from Auction House. Then famous 'we can't do nothing, please wait 8 moths'. After that - RoS, bit more decent, but - Blizzard demanded 40g for fixes that should be done on the starts, or included in vanilla - no, extortion method of making players pay for replacement mechanic and fixes. I normally have no problems with buying Expansions/DLCs for games I like, but I have problem with paying for fixes. I decided *not* to buy RoS until fixes were applied to vanilla. I got kicked out from official forums. They could bite me, of course - I still have like 10 sets od WC3 keys and a number for other games. I had over 800h on account, so I wasn't whining on the first obstacle and I do know what I'm talking about.

At the same time, maybe it's worth mentioning that I played like 20,000 hours of D2 over 12 years, while having full-time job and family. So I know what I'm talking about.

I *want* D4 to be a success. But no way I'll trust Blizzard blindly - no pre-paying and waiting for launch. No trust in 'features just coming' - they *had* 2v2 Deathmatch on Blizzcon, then never released it - I know characters had preset gear, but it would be still fine - evening the field a bit, and a pool of items to select from, bit based on level.

Think this one will come not before 2021.

The graphics looks outdated. The gameplay and game mechanics look outdated. I'm glad Dark souls happened or we wouldn't get a proper evolution of the action RPG genre.

Yuh know, I like the graphics, It's like they looked at the success of PoE and leaned towards its style a little. But like everyone else, I'll wait a couple of months after release before I decide whether I'm going to buy or sit out like I did D3.

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
It should really quell the naysayers but so many people these days are so close minded and have already made hasty decisions that it won't change their mind. And j Allen actually stated what I have said all along; you brought something not related to the game that was being played, politics, and created a world wide political issue for blizzard that didn't need to happen. It was clearly stated in the rules that this was not allowed and not in spirit of the game or sport and they were punished for it. It has nothing to do with the content of the protest but rather you took focus away from the event in progress.
I'd have to agree with you, politics have no place in games. I don't know about anyone else here but when I play a game I play it to escape reality, to escape the overall crap that this world has become and immerse myself into a different world of magic and wonder. I know that that may sound a bit Disney but it is what it is, I don't want politics in the game; I play to escape that crap.

System Name DELL 3630
Processor I7 8700K
Memory 32 gig
Video Card(s) 4070
Don't know about the dated graphics comments, but it looks great in 4k too me.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

Speak for yourself.

I'm more a guy who tends to reward merit. If Blizzard screws up that's a big -100 from me, and yes they did screw up not once, or twice, or three times but a string of events in the past years, starting with D3's RMAH and always-on, and WoW's dumbing down from TBC onwards. But ever since then... they really did make an honest effort to repair D3, and succeeded for a large part of the fanbase (not me, so much, but the effort was there and even I spent another hundred or two hours there enjoying myself); they did keep WoW relevant which, again, is what the fanbase wanted. Overwatch was a successful venture into moba/shooters. HotS was a good albeit failing attempt because they were simply too late. Hearthstone... not my game, but still not a bad game.

If they score again with a trailer that shows great promise and back it up with interviews telling us the right things, they've gained benefit of the doubt, for me. This is STILL a developer and company that knows how to make games and franchises that truly last. Also, a company that doesn't feed on us with yearly sequels that change little but do request a full entry fee again. Think on that - this is not a company like EA, tossing used studio's aside like garbage when they fail at impossible goals and projects.

I'd be careful with the tunnelvision because Blizzard made mistakes, tbh. All dev/pubs do and they all suffer a push from corporate money - the same hand that feeds. If Blizzard learned a lesson now and shows that, and then follows that up by backing it up with product, you'd be a fool to ignore them. There aren't many talented devs like it. Even if that Diablo cinematic trailer was a short movie it'd be comparable to top-end film. Where else do you see this in gaming? Kojima, maybe?

Irrespective of how you feel about Blizzard after the past few months, it is a bit alarming that all they showed off were sequels. I guess Overwatch paid the bills well enough that they'll wait until that goes stale too to actually try something exciting. People who remembered Diablo I and II fondly from release are now approaching grandparent age. I would hope that they would work on putting out something that isn't online multiplayer and something that isn't a sequel to my dad's cohort of games.

If Blizzard makes only sequels, you can rest assured there is no market for a successful something new that will last. When there was a gap for MOBA and simpler online competitive games, they made stuff for that. But remember that they also (and in hindsight, probably rightly so) axed an MMO sequel to WoW; and they put Starcraft Ghost (1st/3rd person SP shooter) in the fridge.

Blizzard still covers all big, relevant genres in gaming right now, with Activision handily filling the online FPS gap with CoD. Anything they'll make might cannibalize their own fanbase.

I'd have to agree with you, politics have no place in games. I don't know about anyone else here but when I play a game I play it to escape reality, to escape the overall crap that this world has become and immerse myself into a different world of magic and wonder. I know that that may sound a bit Disney but it is what it is, I don't want politics in the game; I play to escape that crap.

Not sure I agree with that. Politics is also history and the latter is a pretty big source of inspiration for games. Games, like other media entertainment have always contained links to actual events and historical ones, and in many ways it can make a game incredibly immersive. Take Call of Duty Modern Warfare and how it relates to historical and actual conflicts, for example. Is that political? Or is it also a way to make us think about those events and a way to make the game feel more real to us?

Then again, in contrast, it tends to work out badly when games are overly pushy on some sort of agenda - and that is what the recent 'politics' in games did wrong I think. Its a fine line between a wink and going too far.

Those weird protagonists in Battlefield V... too much. But this (Surviving Mars): a perfect wink

MarsGOG_2019_11_03_19_54_45_013 LOL.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know about the dated graphics comments, but it looks great in 4k too me.

If it's not seizure inducing it's no good. I like the style, it's clearer and distinctive. ope end game is not so much attack speed that combat is an off-screening affair

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
I do. Always will. I dont care their beliefs or supports. I play games because I enjoy them. Just like I eat Chick-Fil-A because I enjoy their food. I dont give a shit about their religious beliefs.

PPl need thicker skin these days.

People are dumb and are fucking sheep. Fucking get on with your life. They've apologized and made things right and explained their reasonings in detail. Move on.

Edit: For those that haven't seen. J Allen brack goes into detail in an interview regarding the Hong Kong stuff.

But let's go up and arms and protest blizz and never buy their stuff again. Seems pretty unreasonable don't you think?

Edit 2: fixed formatting. I don't know how it got so messed up. I blame me doing this on my phone

They made their bed now they can sleep in it, that i should forgive and forget once again, yeah screw that as only one way these big company's will learn.

As for getting on with my life, cannot say it interfered with it to start with.

As for dumb people, well they keep giving them money then cry like baby's after getting lied too.

They will have to proove they are worth supporting before they get another penny from me. And not this clapped out shit they keep releasing.