• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sharkoon Announces the REV200 Case

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Sharkoon Technologies is an international supplier of PC components and peripherals, offering performance at a reasonable price. Now, with the REV200, Sharkoon introduces a real revolution in midi ATX towers. Compared to conventional models, the well thought out construction of the case allows the mainboard to be rotated 90 degrees and the remaining hardware to be installed vertically. This provides an easy and a particularly striking presentation of the components. In addition, the five pre-installed 120-millimeter RGB fans provide the necessary airflow as well as the appropriate illumination to set the scene for the hardware. The cable compartment under the top panel and the multi-functional tunnel on the underside both ensure an especially tidy appearance.

Thanks to the innovative construction, the PC can now be placed on the left side of the desk without foregoing the view into the inside of the case. To make this possible, Sharkoon has positioned the tempered glass side panel onto the right-hand side of the case. If the desk thus has its left side against the wall, the user still has a view into the case interior. And another positive effect of this configuration is that gamers who have their PCs on top of their desk will have more space to move around the mouse. Moreover, in combination with the glass element and triangular, offset surfaces on the front panel, the case is definitely an eye-catcher.

Clever Airflow
The REV200 comes with three addressable 120-millimeter fans in the front and two identical fans in the back of the case. The graphics card and other components are thereby optimally cooled. The REV200 also has a special feature for the power supply: This can be mounted decoupled in two different directions. In addition, the PC case is especially made for the installation of a water cooling: Not only in the front, but also in the rear of the case is there the possibility to mount a 240-millimeter radiator. And by removing the tunnel cover and one of the two integrated hard drive cages, it is even possible to install a 360-millimeter radiator.

Impressive Illumination
Spectacular RGB lighting is provided by the four pre-installed 120 millimeter fans with multi-layered illumination. These are equipped with encircling addressable LEDs on three levels, producing multi-layered effects. In addition, the case comes with a pre-installed RGB controller for up to eight LED components. This enables color and effect control of the four fans and, if desired, four additional LED components via the synchronization software of compatible mainboards. The mainboards should have connections with 5V-D-coded-G or 5V-D-G pinouts. But also, even if the mainboard has no connection for addressable LEDs, numerous lighting effects can be still be selected. For this purpose, a dedicated button is available on the top of the case.

Tidy Cable Management
For an especially tidy look, the REV200 offers clever ways to conceal the cabling. On the one hand, there are a number of cable pass-throughs within the case, and on the other hand, there is a spacious cable compartment in the top of the case. A magnetic cover on the top panel protects the compartment from dust and dirt and provides the user with quick access. Inside the cable compartment, Sharkoon has also provided a cable clip to neatly bundle and lead the connecting cables out through the back of the case. With two centimeters of space between the mainboard tray and the side panel, there is enough space to neatly store the cables. Here, and within the tunnel in the bottom of the case, the storage media (up to two hard drives and four SSDs) can conveniently disappear.

Inside: Plenty of Room and Protected from Dust
With this revolutionary case layout, no compromises must be made when choosing hardware. The case can hold large graphics cards up to 32.3 centimeters in length, CPU coolers up to 16.5 centimeters in height, and power supplies up to 20 centimeters in length. The radiator in the front can have a maximum thickness of 6.4 centimeters including the fans, while for the radiator in the back of the case, this can be up to 6 centimeters. Thanks to removable dust filters in the front and bottom panels, the hardware is also effectively protected against dust and dirt.

Price and Availability
The Sharkoon REV200 is now available at the manufacturer's suggested price of 99.99 euros.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Sorry, but WHY?!

System Name O-Clock
Processor Intel Core i9-9900K @ 52x/49x 8c8t
Motherboard ASUS Maximus XI Gene
Cooling EK Quantum Velocity C+A, EK Quantum Vector C+A, CE 280, Monsta 280, GTS 280 all w/ A14 IP67
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill TridentZ @3900 MHz CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC Black
Storage Samsung 983 ZET 960GB, 2x WD SN850X 4TB
Display(s) Asus VG259QM
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) beyerdynamic DT 990 600Ω, Asus SupremeFX Hi-Fi 5.25", Elgato Wave 3
Power Supply EVGA 1600 T2 w/ A14 IP67
Mouse Logitech G403 Wireless (PMW3366)
Keyboard Logitech G910 Stickerbombed
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/search/submissions/permalink?userId=92615&cpuId=5773
I really like this case, especially the fact that it comes with 5 RGB fans, hella good steal. This is competing with the SPEC-06 RGB for my streaming build, and I gotta say, I am really liking this case.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Theyve done a weirdo beardo with this one.... tried to copy the silverstone Raven series of cases where everything is mounted vertically inside but they goofed it by having the fans channel the air the direction with most resistance when everything is plugged in and installed rather than optimally like on the Raven cases from bottom to top.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Theyve done a weirdo beardo with this one.... tried to copy the silverstone Raven series of cases where everything is mounted vertically inside but they goofed it by having the fans channel the air the direction with most resistance when everything is plugged in and installed rather than optimally like on the Raven cases from bottom to top.

I really don't know, but may be that particular layout is patented from Silverstone? Is it possible? I mean if some other company put fans on the bottom with PSU somewhere else will they have a legal problem with Silverstone?

Believe it or not, I actually think this thing will cool OK. The front fans are set back from the flat panel and have full side intake. It won't be great but it'll be alright.

Regarding the vertical orientation - I think that'll present less issue than you might think in air-cooled setups, due to the exhaust being 2 fans rather than 1, and the fact that in most normal cases, that 2nd exhaust fan on top tends to be positioned in front of the cooler, starving it of air instead of feeding it. Here that won't happen, it just means very efficient exhaust.

Additionally, it could also be very good for cooling if the case is combined with a 360mm front radiator, since it would result in quite balanced thermal performance between CPU and GPU, rather than doing what most current cases do, which is starve the GPU of air by having a PSU shroud and only feeding cool air from a single front fan into the small area below the GPU.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
I really like this case, especially the fact that it comes with 5 RGB fans, hella good steal

Well that really depends on the brand/quality of the fans now doesn't it ?

If they are mid-top tier fans, I would agree that getting 5 of them with a $100 case is a great deal, since really good 120mm fans usually cost about $20 or more each.....

But if they are just some misc. off-the-wall spinners, then it won't really matter, 'cause you'll have to replace them with better ones to get decent cooling performance anyways :)

However, it has been my experience that most mfgr's don't really include very good fans with their cases, with the possible exception of a few upper-tier brands....

I do like the general overall look of the case, but I ditched the s.o.s.s. boring-assed rectangular boxen years ago hahaha :D

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I really don't know, but may be that particular layout is patented from Silverstone? Is it possible? I mean if some other company put fans on the bottom with PSU somewhere else will they have a legal problem with Silverstone?

No because thats just stupid - It would be like FineBros trying to trademark or copyright the word 'react' or the particular style of 'react' videos. There are loads of small ITX cases in particular that have the same fan layout as the silverstone Raven fan setup. There is nothing that can be really patented unlike Asetek with their patent on their AIO motor on CPU block design.... They were the first people to come up with that design and they managed to get it patented because nobody else on the market had something similar at the time.

Its silly. Its like trying to patent wheels or handlebars on a motorcycle/pushbike. There is no merit to it and there is nothing valuable about the design to make it worth patenting.

The case design of the RV-01 itself is patented so there cant be any cases that look like it. Silverstone also have a ' “None Scratch SATA” connector. ' patent - thats all they got.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Nice concept.

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
Almost, but no cigar.

USB needs to be on the front panel, not on top.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro

Just to clear things up - Silverstone have a patent that allows them to mount the motherboard at 90' -- Its silly but they seem to have come up with the idea before anyone else did. Though this patent was registered with the European Patent Register and i am unaware if they have also registered the patent for countries outside of the EU.

The funny thing is Silverstone are from Taiwan but Chinese people tend to bootleg the hell out of everything anyway so even if the patent was registered in Asia, other companies might not care.

Maybe Sharkoon paid a licensing fee, Maybe they dont care - who knows.

Processor Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz@1.331V
Motherboard ASUS Strix B350-F
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 16G*2 3000MHz CL16 @1.35V
Video Card(s) Msi RTX 2070 Super Gaming Z Trio
Storage WD Blue 500G SSD*1 WD Black 2TB*1
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q
Case Lian Li O11D XL
Audio Device(s) Edifier C3X
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse logitech G102 with modded micro switchs
Benchmark Scores Time Spy 9943
Just to clear things up - Silverstone have a patent that allows them to mount the motherboard at 90' -- Its silly but they seem to have come up with the idea before anyone else did. Though this patent was registered with the European Patent Register and i am unaware if they have also registered the patent for countries outside of the EU.

The funny thing is Silverstone are from Taiwan but Chinese people tend to bootleg the hell out of everything anyway so even if the patent was registered in Asia, other companies might not care.

Maybe Sharkoon paid a licensing fee, Maybe they dont care - who knows.

Mounting the motherboard at 90' doesn't really make case cooler (pun intended), dunno why it's special enough to be patented.

Last edited:
System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
good thing that glass is in the front to stop all that nasty air getting through, you know how much dust that would carry?
sharkoon knows whats up, we want fans cuz of the rgb without the problems of having to clean your pc .

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Mounting the motherboard at 90' doesn't really make case cooler (pun intended), dunno why it's special enough to be patented.

People like to critisize case manufacturers for the lack of innovation and ripping of each others cookie cutter designs off. The moment a company is brave enough to step out and break the the norm of with their design you give them shit for doing something different?

Weird flex but okay :slap::slap:

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
People like to critisize case manufacturers for the lack of innovation and ripping of each others cookie cutter designs off. The moment a company is brave enough to step out and break the the norm of with their design you give them shit for doing something different?

Weird flex but okay :slap::slap:

Weird reading comprehension, they said they dont see how "flipping a board 90 degrees" warrants a patent as it does not make a case cooler...
Really not the same as "giving them shit".

Also you cant use "weird flex" like that at all, do you even know what it means?

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Weird reading comprehension, they said they dont see how "flipping a board 90 degrees" warrants a patent as it does not make a case cooler...
Really not the same as "giving them shit".

Also you cant use "weird flex" like that at all, do you even know what it means?

Im sorry, I didnt know you or ultrathicc were the final arbiter on what is cool or not.

In any case its pointless arguing if its cool and if its worthy or warrants being patented because the patent already exists

Screaming about it down my ear and throwing boiling water on me isnt going to make Silverstone retract a patent they've already had in place probably since 2015 when they first made their RV-01

My original comment was based on the fact that the case is a weird design and isnt as effective at cooling because the air isnt being channeled over the expansion cards like the RV-01 with fans at the bottom.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Its like trying to patent wheels or handlebars on a motorcycle/pushbike.

I mean, that has happened. Quite a few handlebar design patents exist.

Also, Harley Davidson tried (and failed, thankfully) to patent the "noise" their engines made.

Intel literally tried to register for a trademark on the number 486.

Weirder things have happened.

dunno why it's special enough to be patented.

It doesn't have to be "special enough," just unique enough and the first one to register with enough money.

You could patent a literal lead balloon if you could prove you were the first to bring the idea forth.

Last edited:
System Name Ryżem
Processor AMD ryzen 2700
Motherboard MSI b450 tomahawk
Cooling Silentiumpc grandis 2
Memory 2x8gb corsair venegance
Video Card(s) Zotac gtx 1070 Ti mini noctua industrial 140mm fan
Storage 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo plus, 3tb Toshiba p300, 1tb WD blue
Display(s) Dell 21 inch fhd
Case SilentiumPC regnum rg4t
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Seasonic focus plus gold 550
Mouse Logitech Mx master 2s, g100, corsair dark rock pro rgb
Keyboard Motospeed ck104
VR HMD HTC vive pro
Software Windows 10 ltsc
I like the idea of mobo rotated 90 degrees, my work program uses hardware USB key, and it works good only in back USB, so I've got case on my desk and back on front. So that layout could help me get the case under the desk again.