• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Launches ProArt StudioBook Pro X

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
ASUS today announced the new ProArt StudioBook Pro X (W730), which provides a wide range of features designed for professional creators. It's the first Quadro laptop that is powered by 9th Gen Intel Xeon processor with NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000 graphics. This combination of cutting edge graphics and portability makes it perfect for creative professionals to achieve their goals on-the-go or in office.

ProArt StudioBook Pro X delivers the needed performance to create, edit, and render multilayered files using the latest NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000 graphics. These NVIDIA RTX Studio laptops utilize NVIDIA Turing architecture, allowing creative and technical professionals to take advantage of the power of hardware-accelerated ray tracing, deep learning, and advanced shading techniques when creating amazing content. Intel Xeon processors are designed to handle complex, multithreaded applications, and takes mobile computing to another level by making it incredibly smooth and responsive.

For creatives, software is key. Full ISV certification ensure users to enjoy optimal stability and performance with their preferred professional software applications.

But demanding applications comes with durability. ProArt StudioBook Pro X meets the ultra-demanding MIL-STD 810G military standard, undergoing a punishing test regime in harsh environment conditions such as extreme altitudes, temperatures, and humidity. It also passed ASUS internal laptop tests that far exceed industry standards.

Ultimate creative touch with the ScreenPad 2.0
The ProArt StudioBook Pro X is the first in the series to feature ScreenPad 2.0. This interactive secondary touchscreen upgrades the traditional laptop experience, giving users an intuitive smartphone like interface on which they can easily manage tasks and generate their creative workflows effortlessly. It also includes useful quick controls that improve the interactions between the main display and ScreenPad.

PANTONE validated display for exceptional color accuracy
Creators need out-of-the-ordinary visuals and the ProArt StudioBook Pro X is designed to deliver exceptional color accuracy using Delta-E < 1.5. The WUXGA panel features 8-bit color depth, which comes with a wide 97% DCI-P3 gamut and 92% screen-to-body ratio, as well as a 16:10 aspect ratio. All adding to an immersive and precise visual experience.

Specifications

AVAILABILITY AND PRICING
ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro X is immediately available at MSRP of $4999.99 from Amazon, ASUS Store, ExcaliberPC, HID Evolution, Gentech PC, Newegg, and XOTICPC.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
They need more Pro's to compete with Apple.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
pro machine = pro price, but you only get what you pay for in most cases :laugh:

granted $5k would be chump change for most real pro creators, so if this thing can do even half of what it claims, it would be worth it in terms of increased productivity/time saved on projects, otherwise known as ROI, which in business is a major factor in major capex spending/budgeting ...

Would be interesting to see some head-to-head performance tests against a comparably-equipped mac lappy though......

pro machine = pro price, but you only get what you pay for in most cases :laugh:

granted $5k would be chump change for most real pro creators, so if this thing can do even half of what it claims, it would be worth it in terms of increased productivity/time saved on projects, otherwise known as ROI, which in business is a major factor in major capex spending/budgeting ...

Would be interesting to see some head-to-head performance tests against a comparably-equipped mac lappy though......

lots of corporate word usage, great job Bone Head! :laugh:

System Name Dreamstation2
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus
Cooling Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) Aorus 2080 Ti Turbo (sounds like a vaccum cleaner at full load)
Storage 2 x 1TB M.2 NVME + 1TB 2.5" SSD
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 32" 4k
Case NZXT H500i
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar U3 / Audio-Technica ATH-M50x / Edifier R1855DB
Power Supply Corsair TX650M
Mouse Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Santa, if you are reading TPU, please give one of those laptops as a christmas gift :laugh:

Jokes aside, looks like a very capable, albeit out of my reach, laptop. Would love to have one of those for my everyday work (word, excel, programming, image and video editing, CAD work) + my gaming needs on the go.

Also, for $5k I'm certain that a competing Mac would be MUCH slower, hence only reasons to buy one is religious belief (Apple is godly, PC sucks) or specific software that only runs on a Mac.

This does not exist, you can spec out the latest macbook pro with a Radeon pro 5500m - that's not a high-end GPU and would be comparable to something like a Quadro P3000 / GTX 1060 laptop card. Certainly a quality card, but mid-range performance at best. The Quadro RTX 5000 has the compute performance of roughly a 2080 laptop GPU, entirely different performance tier. That said, the macbook does offer an i9 9980HK (8 core) vs the Asus offering a 6 core Xeon. Apple has had some awful cooling solutions in their past generation of laptops, really no reason to expect this will be much better - probably a lot of throttling if you do opt for that 9980HK. I willing to bet the multicore performance between the two would be similar.

It all depends what workstation tasks you're trying to achieve though. Either would be good at anything Adobe or video editing. If you wanted to run other science / CAD / modeling / imaging software that can take advantage of the GPU, then the Asus is the clear winner here.

For a real show of performance, wait until the Asus Studiobook One comes out (supposedly by end of year). That should have a solid cooling solution, 8 cores, and the Quadro RTX 6000 - it will be the first (only?) laptop with this on the market. I shudder to think about the cost however.

OK, Pro moniker maybe is for Quadro. Certainly not for that pathetic 17"(!!!) 1900x1200 screen. That's half the size of new 16" MBP. There are 1440p or 1600p displays. Just nobody bothers to put them in laptops. There is not even a upgrade option for 4K. I struggle to see anyone being actually capable of doing anything on such limited resolution unless you're Pro... accountant or writer.

It's like flashback from 1995 on a laptop for 5000 USD (five thousands dollars), with top of the line Quadro for rendering.

I don't consider myself pro in any shape or form - purely a hobbyist and I haven't earned a dime from any of my works. Was expecting a mobile workstation with at least 1440p screen so I can dispose of my desktop for rendering. No way in hell I will splash such humongous sum on a laptop with display from late '90s. As such looking on MBP 16" even without nVidia support it has the credentials to be called Pro.