• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

iBuyPower Shows Off the Revolt GT3 Chassis ready for ITX and Intel NUC Extreme

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
iBuyPower is clearly focusing a bit more on providing a more unique look and feel with their systems in recent years and the Revolt GT3 is no exception. The chassis at the foundation of the system can hold either a classic ITX based system with the GPU connected with an flexible cable on the backside of the motherboard or may be used to house the just announced Intel NUC Extreme platform. Either way, the platform offers maximum flexibility for building small form factor systems.

This is done with a suspended frame inside the chassis which can be pulled out completely for easy assembly. The covers may also be flipped around, giving you additional space. iBuyPower is working on brackets which can hold low profile fans or additional storage if you choose to rotate the top mesh cover for example. The Revolt GT3 is still being fine-tuned and the variant we saw for the NUC Extreme Platform was 3D printed while the additional mounting components for cooling and storage were not final yet either

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

BoiseTech

I don't get the NUC's fans being butted up right against the GPU... couldn't they have flipped the design so it pulled more air? If this thing IS running an i9, its gunna be toasty.

Next thing I don't get is all the cases being glass on all sides. Even more heat issues there. At least the reference Intel case was mesh on the sides.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I don't get the NUC's fans being butted up right against the GPU... couldn't they have flipped the design so it pulled more air? If this thing IS running an i9, its gunna be toasty.

Next thing I don't get is all the cases being glass on all sides. Even more heat issues there. At least the reference Intel case was mesh on the sides.

Form over function is evidence of crappy design, really.

Good designs do both

Processor i9 9900KS ( 5 Ghz all the time )
Motherboard Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390
Cooling EK Velocity + EK D5 pump + Alphacool full copper silver 360mm radiator
Memory 16GB Corsair Dominator GT ROG Edition 3333 Mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti 12GB OC
Storage M.2 Samsung NVMe 970 Evo Plus 250 GB + 1TB 970 Evo Plus
Display(s) Asus PG279 IPS 1440p 165Hz G-sync
Case Cooler Master H500
Power Supply Asus ROG Thor 850W
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Rapoo
Software Win 10 64 Bit
Tech youtubers have done test on PCI cable extensions for graphics cards, JayZ said there's no lag or loss of performance but others did same tests and see some lag when using extension PCI EX module.