• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SCUF Prestige Controller (Xbox/PC)

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
CORSAIR's acquisition of SCUF Gaming meant we got our hands on a custom SCUF controller for the PS4 and PC, so we of course had to take a look at their Xbox controller as well. Today, we check out the SCUF Prestige Xbox/PC controller, which includes the critical accessories while still providing a plethora of customization options!

Show full review

Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHZ (2X16GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GTX1080ti Super JetStream 11GB
Storage Trandscend 370s 256GB / WD Caviar Black 2+1TB
Display(s) Acer XB270HU 144hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Eclipse P600S White
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X 1000W 80 Plus Gold
From this image I can see that they made zero modification to the d-pad, which is the area that xbox one controller needs to improve the most. No thanks Corsair.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
What would you say is the issue with the Xbox controller D-pad? I can't say that has been a concern for me ever to be honest, and this is including the Xbox 360 controller too.

Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHZ (2X16GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GTX1080ti Super JetStream 11GB
Storage Trandscend 370s 256GB / WD Caviar Black 2+1TB
Display(s) Acer XB270HU 144hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Eclipse P600S White
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X 1000W 80 Plus Gold
What would you say is the issue with the Xbox controller D-pad? I can't say that has been a concern for me ever to be honest, and this is including the Xbox 360 controller too.

The D-pad on my 3 years old gen 2 xbox one controller started acting up after the first year. Buttons sometimes need multiple presses for them to register, not the mention the buttons are stiff to start with, comparing to Dual Shock 4's d-pad. This is a nightmare for games that require holding button to select further menu (e.g. The Division, in which you hold D-pad button to select type of grenades).

In my opinion xbox has the best triggers and shoulder buttons, while ps4 has the best d-pad. These two should combine their strenghts and it will make the perfect controller.

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
The D-pad on my 3 years old gen 2 xbox one controller started acting up after the first year. Buttons sometimes need multiple presses for them to register, not the mention the buttons are stiff to start with, comparing to Dual Shock 4's d-pad. This is a nightmare for games that require holding button to select further menu (e.g. The Division, in which you hold D-pad button to select type of grenades).

In my opinion xbox has the best triggers and shoulder buttons, while ps4 has the best d-pad. These two should combine their strenghts and it will make the perfect controller.

Yeah, I will agree that the D-pad is stiffer here compared to the DS4, but I suppose I have not used either controller over a long enough period continuously to see how both fare over time. Thanks for sharing your experience.