• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sony Reveals PS5 Hardware: RDNA2 Raytracing, 16 GB GDDR6, 6 GB/s SSD, 2304 GPU Cores

About aiming which is horrible with a PS controller for me. So yes I know what i have agreed but still what I said stands. Aiming with an analog PS controller is horrible even if it is Uncharted. Switching on aiming aids is no fun either.
That depends what kind of fun you're after. Most console gamers are perfectly fine with aids - casual gaming is about the story/experience/relax rather than agility training and stress. :p

In fact, CS:GO afair wasn't a big hit on PS3 and wasn't ported to PS4. Yet, it remains one of most popular games on PCs.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
loading times are CPu limited most of the time.

Loading times are almost never CPU limited, I don't know where you got this idea from. If they are CPU limited that happens because you're decompressing data, which you had to do in order to save space.

Cerny gave a simple explanation on why they went with fewer CUs at higher frequency as opposed to more CUs at a lower frequency. Quoting Eurogamer, quoting Cerny:

Price might've been a factor as well, dunno.

Yeah, I watched that part of the presentation twice to make sure I heard him correctly. I thought he was very knowledgeable and demonstrated Sony's understanding of what they have for hardware and how far they can optimize software for the hardware.

It, to me, feels a lot like the Japanese efficiency paradigm in full effect here (cars, maximization of limited capability in other sectors, etc.). Whereas, in Microsoft's case, they seem to be using a brute force method (Americana - "there's no replacement for displacement"). Both methods get the job done. However, I think Sony learned more from their one generation of more traditional PC hardware usage. What I mean is that they (Sony) seemed to have maximized their short experience with more traditional PC hardware from the PS4 than Microsoft has in their more than one generation of using traditional PC hardware.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
About aiming which is horrible with a PS controller for me. So yes I know what i have agreed but still what I said stands. Aiming with an analog PS controller is horrible even if it is Uncharted. Switching on aiming aids is no fun either.

I'm glad you have your point but you don't get mine. I couldn't play the game because aiming for me with a PS controller was not any way fun nor accurate. Glad you have your points but I'd rather talk about mine if you don't mind? That's why I have joined the conversation. There are a lot of games on a PC and you don't use analog pad so what's your point?
I just need to use analog because that's the way it is? Well, as a matter of fact I can choose what I want and will stay with a PC with FPS games. I didn't bash anyone I said i prefer KBM instead controller because aiming for me is horrible and you can't compare analog to KBM because accuracy and response is way better on KBM. Now you talk about preference but when I mentioned KBM for me you got somehow offended?

I didn't know what "git gud" means and who is using it and why thanks for clarification. Anyway it is not fair to call somebody douche-bro when that person is not agreeing with you.
It's not about difficulty but a matter of preference. If you find PS analog controller better for aiming then fine. I don't. Mouse and keyboard please since for me it's way more accurate.
Dude, read what I'm writing FFS. I did very explicitly not call you a douche-bro, I said that "git gud" is something PCMR douche-bros say to other people when they (the others, that is) complain. The joke (which obviously fell completely flat) was that if I were a PCMR douche-bro the response rather than talking to you would be to say "git gud" and nothing else. Your reading comprehension needs serious work if you thought that was directed at you.

As for the rest, I never said you needed to use a controller at all, I just said that your outright dismissal of controllers at all based on what you yourself call one five-minute experience with one is a poor decision; I wouldn't try to convince you to use a controller in a competitive FPS, but there are plenty of other games where it's a far superior solution to kbm.

So let's discuss your point:
Agree. I've played one game a shooter. I don't remember what it's called but I played for 5 min and without a mouse and a keyboard it's unplayable for me.
Okay, you had a bad experience. Not much time at all to try to get used to something (I bet it took you a lot more than five minutes to figure out mouse aim the first time!), but sure.
If I were to get PS5 or XBOX, i would still need a pc to play First person shooter games. If you could connect a mouse and a keyboard to either PS5 or XBOX I would have been OK.
Again: controllers are not ideal for this type of game. Not by a long shot. But that apparently doesn't get in the way of the rather large group of professional console gamers in games like CoD, so apparently they aren't horrible either - it just depends on what you're used to. I would never accept anything other than kbm being better, but dismissing it outright after five minutes is premature at best. I also entirely agree with having a PC for mouse-dominant games (I could never play most RPGs on a console, ugh), but as I also clarified above: my main response was directed towards the person you said you agreed with, who was saying aiming in Uncharted sucked and therefore controllers sucked, to which I said movement in the game (a third-person action-adventure) would suck far more if you were using a keyboard. I guess it was dumb of me to group the two of you together like that seeing how you were saying different things, but that was also part of the point: that you were "agreeing" with each other while talking about entirely different things.

Dude, read what I'm writing FFS. I did very explicitly not call you a douche-bro, I said that "git gud" is something PCMR douche-bros say to other people when they complain.
Let's lose the name-calling altogether and we don't have to worry who it's aimed at.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm not considering price as that is unknown ATM. Otherwise, my statement is self-explanatory.
Based on ... lower GPU specs, lower CPU specs, a faster SSD, and slightly fancier 3D audio than the competition? I'm not discounting the value of the latter (audio is extremely important for immersion and worldbuilding), but the faster SSD has questionable value at best unless MS has borked their implementation completely. Eliminating load times is cool, but whether fast travel is "immediate" (I take that to mean some sort of fade out-fade in animation with no pause) or takes a few seconds is not really important IMO. A few seconds is still a world away from current loading times.

Let's lose the name-calling altogether and we don't have to worry who it's aimed at.
It wasn't aimed at anyone at all; though I guess if you need it to be it was aimed at myself as a joke. I guess I should report myself?

loading times are CPu limited most of the time.
Maybe on (some) PCs.

On consoles it's all about the drives. HDDs in PS4 and Xbox One are pretty slow in general. And it doesn't help that games got twice as big between 2015 and today.

I have the One S. Loading times for most games are atrocious.
Forza Motorsport 6 is the worst. It takes few minutes to launch the game and few more to start a race.
So if I just want to play a single race, I spend 10 minutes playing and 5-6 waiting.

So yeah, for me loading times are the biggest issue with consoles. I'm fine with current quality and 1080p even. RTRT is the only other change I care about.

Does it mean all this "awesome custom SSD" nonsense is needed? No. "Normal SSD" in the Xbox will be perfectly fine. But Sony probably didn't have other advantages to talk so much about...

Reactions: ppn
Based on ... lower GPU specs, lower CPU specs, a faster SSD, and slightly fancier 3D audio than the competition?
Maybe I read the Xbox specs wrong then. The PS5 specs seem higher... Maybe I should go reread..

EDIT; Xbox seems spec'd higher. My bad. Sometimes speed-reading has it's downsides..

It wasn't aimed at anyone at all; though I guess if you need it to be it was aimed at myself as a joke. I guess I should report myself?
It's all good.

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
System Name Whaaaat Kiiiiiiid!
Processor Intel Core i9-12900K @ Default
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Elite AX
Cooling Corsair H150i AIO Cooler
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA @ Default
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512GB + Crucial MX500 2TB x3 + Crucial MX500 4TB + Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Display(s) 27" LG 27MU67-B 4K, + 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P
Case Thermaltake Core X9 Snow
Audio Device(s) Logitech G935 Headset
Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum 1050W Snow Silent
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXV: 19329
Agree. I've played one game a shooter. I don't remember what it's called but I played for 5 min and without a mouse and a keyboard it's unplayable for me. If I were to get PS5 or XBOX, i would still need a pc to play First person shooter games. If you could connect a mouse and a keyboard to either PS5 or XBOX I would have been OK.

There's no reason to believe you can't on the new consoles

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512GB + Crucial MX500 2TB x3 + Crucial MX500 4TB + Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro
For me, It's going to be a deal breaker if not. There's no reason for a lack of KB&M support.
For ff14 I use a controller on my PC, I have a g910 kb and g900 mouse, but I still use controller for that game, everyone plays things different, atleast in this respect a console and PC can use the same stuff.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
GPU and CPU is one chip, it's an APU. No RAM, only the GDDR6 chips and large SSD.

But I agree, Sony needs healthy profit margins because it's not sustainable to sell at a loss all the time. They have other struggling divisions, too.

PS4 was much inferior technologically, so yes, it was quite normal to be cheaper.

PS4 until the Xbox One X came out was significantly stronger than the original Xbox One. Original Xbox One was bandwidth starved with that DDR3 (NOT GDDR3) memory and a super weak GPU.

Overall PS4 sales since launch of both consoles is still higher.

Both Microsoft and Sony usually sell their systems at a loss initially. They make it up with accessories, game licensing, subscriptions to services.

I wonder why sony choosen for a 825GB model SSD while MS has a 1TB model. Is it perhaps due to overprovisioning and sony wanting to have the SSD a longer life then Microsoft wants?

Many of the tech details are just AMD IP. A Zen+ chip with a RDNA2 feature set GPU. Nothing special.

But it's good for AMD in this as well; its bound to sell millions of consoles with their hardware inside of it. The whole gaming ecosystem will be based upon AMD hardware.

Xbox users wont have full access to that 1TB though.

XBOX FTW, can hold 12TOPS continuously while PS5 boosts up to 10.3 which means you most of the time will get under well under 10TOPS from PS5

XBOX will have aprox 20-25% faster GFX

ALSO XBOX can hold 3.8GHz continuously while PS5 boosts up to 3.5 GHz which means you get maybe 3.2GHz in average from PS5

XBOX will have aprox 15-20% faster CPU

Keep in mind what HIDDEN POWER XBOX holds
if they decide to unlock boost, then you would see up to a total of 40% faster GFX and 40% faster CPU than PS5

PS5 saved money on silicon and cooling solution, sure maybe it will be a little cheaper but who cares about 50 or 100 bucks difference when you going to have that console for years to come.

This is EZZZZZ, i am going with XBOX

LOL do you know how TFLOPS are calculated? Do you also know it only takes into consideration one operation by a compute chip? It doesnt tell the whole story. Its also primarily marketing for consoles since average console player doesnt know what the hell it is. Its rarely used as an actual way of marketting a chip when it comes to PCs, etc.

Overall system performance between the 2 systems, Xbox is really only about 10-15% more powerful. There's no "unlocking" boost on Xbox. They are already pushing thermals at this point.

Also making parts of your posts in bold, doesnt make you sound any smarter.

Last edited:
System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
Reading the specs it seems Sony are chasing low latency, probably for vr reasons.

Time will tell

For comparison reasons. My Radeon 64 Liquid has 13.66 TFLOPS.
But Navi is more efficient at calculating game graphics and will be much faster.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit

There's no reason to believe you can't on the new consoles
I thought you can get banned from the server if you use KBM on a PS FPS games when you play online.
Dude, read what I'm writing FFS. I did very explicitly not call you a douche-bro, I said that "git gud" is something PCMR douche-bros say to other people when they (the others, that is) complain. The joke (which obviously fell completely flat) was that if I were a PCMR douche-bro the response rather than talking to you would be to say "git gud" and nothing else. Your reading comprehension needs serious work if you thought that was directed at you.

As for the rest, I never said you needed to use a controller at all, I just said that your outright dismissal of controllers at all based on what you yourself call one five-minute experience with one is a poor decision; I wouldn't try to convince you to use a controller in a competitive FPS, but there are plenty of other games where it's a far superior solution to kbm.

So let's discuss your point:

Okay, you had a bad experience. Not much time at all to try to get used to something (I bet it took you a lot more than five minutes to figure out mouse aim the first time!), but sure.

Again: controllers are not ideal for this type of game. Not by a long shot. But that apparently doesn't get in the way of the rather large group of professional console gamers in games like CoD, so apparently they aren't horrible either - it just depends on what you're used to. I would never accept anything other than kbm being better, but dismissing it outright after five minutes is premature at best. I also entirely agree with having a PC for mouse-dominant games (I could never play most RPGs on a console, ugh), but as I also clarified above: my main response was directed towards the person you said you agreed with, who was saying aiming in Uncharted sucked and therefore controllers sucked, to which I said movement in the game (a third-person action-adventure) would suck far more if you were using a keyboard. I guess it was dumb of me to group the two of you together like that seeing how you were saying different things, but that was also part of the point: that you were "agreeing" with each other while talking about entirely different things.
That's the point. I don't care what you said. I shared MY preference with someone who has same experience about shooting and aiming wiht a PS controller. Not everybody's, MINE. Yet you write essays about how others like it different and that I'm inexperienced because I didn't try harder. Great. You can use whatever you want to play games I don't care. Use a joystick if you prefer that. I'm not gonna judge. Sharing my preference and what I like.

That depends what kind of fun you're after. Most console gamers are perfectly fine with aids - casual gaming is about the story/experience/relax rather than agility training and stress. :p

In fact, CS:GO afair wasn't a big hit on PS3 and wasn't ported to PS4. Yet, it remains one of most popular games on PCs.
I understand but that but that was not the point. I just said I PREFER KBM rather than a PS controller for FPS and yet our colleague @Valantar tells me how others like different. I dont care just shared what I like with someone who likes it just like I do. That's it. Nothing more to add. BTW: I play PS3 which I have and It is better to use PS controller for variety of games than a KBM. But FPS KBM only for me. If someone likes different that is fine with me

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro
I thought you can get banned from the server if you use KBM on a PS FPS games when you play online.

That's the point. I don't care what you said. I shared MY preference with someone who has same experience about shooting and aiming wiht a PS controller. Not everybody's, MINE. Yet you write essays about how others like it different and that I'm inexperienced because I didn't try harder. Great. You can use whatever you want to play games I don't care. Use a joystick if you prefer that. I'm not gonna judge. Sharing my preference and what I like.

there is no ban on KB/M on consoles, i believe even ps3/360 can use them too.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
there is no ban on KB/M on consoles, i believe even ps3/360 can use them too.
I know they can I used few times. I heard, you shouldnt be using because you can get banned because it is unfair to others playing with controller. I might be wrong it is just what I've heard. I don't play much on PS3 nowadays anyway.

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro
I know they can I used few times. I heard, you shouldnt be using because you can get banned because it is unfair to others playing with controller. I might be wrong it is just what I've heard. I don't play much on PS3 nowadays anyway.
according to Terms of Use (according to what people read from it) its not bannable, i think its just all the fear mongering of people saying its cheating and that you'll get banned, but in practice i don't think anyone was banned for it unless actually cheating somehow (not in an advantage way) but a hacking way.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
according to Terms of Use (according to what people read from it) its not bannable, i think its just all the fear mongering of people saying its cheating and that you'll get banned, but in practice i don't think anyone was banned for it unless actually cheating somehow (not in an advantage way) but a hacking way.

It depends on the game im pretty sure. Like I think for Overwatch on consoles, if you use mouse and keyboard. You can be kicked or banned.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
System Name Gaming
Processor Intel i7 4770K @ 4.8GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC (Hacked for NVME support)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 32GB Patriot Viper 3 DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x8GB)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Vega 64 Liquid
Storage Samsung 870 Pro 1TB SSD (PCIe NVME adapter)
Display(s) HP Pavilion 23xi IPS 1080p x3
Case Lian Li PC-A70S
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion PCIe
Power Supply Antec High Current Gamer Gold HCG750 Gold
Mouse Gigabyte GM-M6800 v2
Keyboard Logitech G15 v1
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
For comparison reasons. My Radeon 64 Liquid has 13.66 TFLOPS.
But Navi is more efficient at calculating game graphics and will be much faster.

Yup, to further illustrate the point, Nvidia historically has worse TFLOPS but more FPS, GTX 1080 Ti for example has 11.34 TFLOPS and the (comparable to Vega 64) GTX 1080 has just 8.873 TFLOPS (both theoretical).

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
It depends on the game im pretty sure. Like I think for Overwatch on consoles, if you use mouse and keyboard. You can be kicked or banned.
I thought that was the deal but I wasn't sure. When I've heard about it I simply stopped using KBM on the PS.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Yup, to further illustrate the point, Nvidia historically has worse TFLOPS but more FPS, GTX 1080 Ti for example has 11.34 TFLOPS and the (comparable to Vega 64) GTX 1080 has just 8.873 TFLOPS (both theoretical).

It just goes to show, once again, that TFLOPS are a totally useless way of measuring anything. You might as well use clockspeed, or the number of air vents...

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
This is funny :laugh:

I meant "The secret sauce here is that Sony is using its own protocol instead of NVMe, in supporting 6 data priority tiers versus 2 on NVMe."

So it has better QoS tiers?

I mean it's clear your a Sony fanboy, but the thing isn't even out yet to properly compare to NVMe. I wouldn't bet on it beating a proper MLC drive, personally.