• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CORSAIR Launches New DARK CORE RGB PRO Wireless Gaming Mouse

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
CORSAIR, a world leader in high-performance gaming peripherals and enthusiast components, today announced the launch of the new DARK CORE RGB PRO and DARK CORE RGB PRO SE, its new premier wireless mice. Utilizing CORSAIR SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS, hyper-polling technology, and an 18,000 DPI optical sensor, these new mice offer bleeding-edge wireless mouse performance with both wired and wireless charging options.

The CORSAIR DARK CORE RGB PRO makes several key updates to the award-winning DARK CORE RGB, while retaining the same shape and comfort that has made it a fast-growing choice among gamers of all kinds. The DARK CORE RGB PRO now features the ability to connect in three different ways: sub-1 ms SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS, low-latency Bluetooth, or USB wired. The optical sensor has also been upgraded to a custom PixArt PAW3392 optimized for wireless, with extremely low power consumption and a native 18,000 DPI resolution customizable in 1 DPI steps. New hyper-polling technology from CORSAIR, debuting in the DARK CORE RGB PRO, ensures blazingly fast response times by communicating with a PC at up to 2,000 Hz - twice the speed of standard gaming mice and able to deliver the full performance benefits of SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS, for better-than-wired latency.

The DARK CORE RGB PRO boasts nine zones of RGB lighting, the most ever for a CORSAIR mouse, including an eye-catching integrated light bar with four individually addressable LEDs. CORSAIR iCUE software harnesses both the performance and the customization of DARK CORE RGB PRO, with full RGB lighting customization and synchronization with other iCUE devices, as well as button remaps and advanced macro programming for the mouse's eight buttons.

The DARK CORE RGB PRO retains the comfortable contoured shape of its predecessor, including two interchangeable side grips, and charges via a reversible USB-C cable. The DARK CORE RGB PRO SE adds another level of charging technology with the inclusion of Qi wireless charging, for effortless use with Qi-compatible devices such as the CORSAIR MM1000 mouse pad. With up to 50 hours of battery life between recharges, durable Omron switches rated for 50 million clicks, and onboard storage to save up to three lighting and macro profiles, the DARK CORE RGB is the most advanced wireless gaming mouse that CORSAIR has ever produced.

Availability, Warranty and Pricing

The CORSAIR DARK CORE RGB PRO and DARK CORE RGB PRO SE are available immediately from the CORSAIR webstore and the CORSAIR worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors.

The DARK CORE RGB PRO and DARK CORE RGB PRO SE are backed by a two-year warranty, alongside the CORSAIR worldwide customer service and technical support network.

MSRP: USD $79.99.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Saw this last week on Amazon before I even seen the announcement from Corsair. I know the original had some issues and I would love to have this, but I have reservations just because the Logitech G602 and the g604 have such fantastic battery life I have a hard time going with anything else. I do not want wired. I dont even want wires on my keyboard but I have to make due with that if I want RGB and I do.

On the other hand, I could get a mousepad with QI capabilities but until they roll out a mousepad similar to the MM300 or the new MM500, I cant see myself getting a wireless mouse from corsair as the battery life just isnt there.

Edit: Just for a comparison, here is the Battery life details on Logitechs g604 mouse.

• LIGHTSPEED mode: up to 240 hours (non-stop gaming)
  • Bluetooth mode: up to 5.5 months (standard usage)

Corsairs new mouse here, 50hrs.

Up your game Corsair.

Last edited:

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Pinky support ftw! I asked them about that at Computex maybe 7-8 years ago. I guess someone finally decided to add it.

Saw this last week on Amazon before I even seen the announcement from Corsair. I know the original had some issues and I would love to have this, but I have reservations just because the Logitech G602 and the g604 have such fantastic battery life I have a hard time going with anything else. I do not want wired. I dont even want wires on my keyboard but I have to make due with that if I want RGB and I do.

On the other hand, I could get a mousepad with QI capabilities but until they roll out a mousepad similar to the MM300 or the new MM500, I cant see myself getting a wireless mouse from corsair as the battery life just isnt there.

Edit: Just for a comparison, here is the Battery life details on Logitechs g604 mouse.

Up your game Corsair.

Yeah...I have the original and the sync issues are bad or were. I barely use it now. Also, they have a VERY shady 'support' forum that deletes things that make their products look bad even when you're just posting about real issues.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Yeah...I have the original and the sync issues are bad or were. I barely use it now. Also, they have a VERY shady 'support' forum that deletes things that make their products look bad even when you're just posting about real issues.
The only bad thing I have to say about Corsair in my experience is that the iCue software has an update and has had one for a while now for the commander pro. It's firmware. And when you download and install it, it just sits at 0% and doesnt do shit. Ive posted on their forums about it and so have others and theyve had a few iCue sofware updates since then but it still doesnt fix the issue with the installing of the commander pro firmware.

System Name Desktop / "Console"
Processor Ryzen 5950X / Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus X570 Hero / Asus X570-i
Cooling EK AIO Elite 280 / Cryorig C1
Memory 32GB Gskill Trident DDR4-3600 CL16 / 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE / RTX 2080ti FE
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus NVME / 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 NVME, 1TB Intel 660P
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW / LG 65CX Oled
Case Lian Li O11 Mini / Sliger CL530 Conswole
Audio Device(s) Sony AVR, SVS speakers & subs / Marantz AVR, SVS speakers & subs
Power Supply ROG Loki 1000 / Silverstone SX800
VR HMD Quest 3
Up your game Corsair.

I have the Dark Core RGB SE (non-pro version) and have an issue with it dropping signal intermittently, having to unplug/replug the usb dongle. I too have to have a nice, large mat and do not want the smallish Corsair charging mouse pad. My current work around was to just sit a Qi base off to the side of my desk mat that I sit the mouse on when away from the computer. The 50hr battery life is kind of weak as you mentioned, but it hasn't been a hindrance for me yet since it is always on charge when not in use. If I had to actually plug it in to charge every time, that would be a deal breaker for sure.

The only bad thing I have to say about Corsair in my experience is that the iCue software has an update and has had one for a while now for the commander pro. It's firmware. And when you download and install it, it just sits at 0% and doesnt do shit. Ive posted on their forums about it and so have others and theyve had a few iCue sofware updates since then but it still doesnt fix the issue with the installing of the commander pro firmware.

Yep! samething for me as well (firmware)

Pinky support ftw! I asked them about that at Computex maybe 7-8 years ago. I guess someone finally decided to add it.

This was probably the biggest draw to this mouse for me. I replaced a really old Logitech MX Revolution that couldn't hold a charge anymore, which has to be (for my hand size and how I grip a mouse) the most comfortable mouse I've ever owned with the thumb support. So when shopping for something new, the thumb support was non-negotiable, and I really wanted a pinky support as well. I honestly wish it were just a bit wider of a support though, or, if Corsair would also offer additional side supports in different size/shape to be purchased separately.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
I killed one of their watercoolers due to this, the firwmare updated the thing twice and it somehow borked the update. No way to recover the unit...

hmmm i dunno how it came to be and where sellers got it -but i bought 2 of dark core rgb pro se - for my bro and me - first more then month ago , second couple of days ago. they were in unopened boxes and costed 40e each - didnt come with bill or guarantee :|
it has great clicks -also amazing side buttons and sensor, "slipstream" is also great -like mentioned in review- never felt any lag or anything so i guess that is as advertised
thumb and pinky rests are very comfortable and they also reduce feeling of weight of mouse ,mouse has great build quality except that right click went squeaky on both of them -after long seance of broodwar and intensive rightclicking - noise of right button plastic scrapping became louder and louder - one was returned and new one doesn't have problem ( yet) and on other one is less noisy and its coming and going. its really weird problem and i haven't had mouse with something like this happening except mastermouse's s wheel noise . i saw on other forums it was common problem with some other corsair series of mouse and sometimes it goes away after some time... or people sprayed lubricants and problem was gone . but anyway for the price we got i am more then satisfied :)
IMG_20200408_034553.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200408_034553.jpg
    IMG_20200408_034553.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 178