• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TSMC Building a 5nm Fab in Arizona as the U.S. Government Gets Involved

ARF

Took a solo road trip to the Grand Canyon 2 years ago. This just makes me want to go back, holy schiit that place was cool.

But, isn't building clean rooms in hot and dusty place much harder and with more requirements than building the same clean rooms in areas with clean air and better temperatures all year round ?

I mean isn't it better to have it in the Northern states ?

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
If you cannot help yourself from including your political bias when you post, don't do it plain and simple. My one and only warning

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Personal opinion: I think the US is also insulating itself from any military conflict affecting Taiwan. There have been elevated tensions between Taipei and Beijing. Then again, it would take a lot more than just moving TSMC. Quite a few indispensable Taiwan-based companies should spread their manufacturing outside the island, to places such as Japan, Vietnam, the Philippines, etc.
Definitely. The Pentagon is already finding Chinese spy chips in their military hardware. They want to move fast to get everything it can away from China. Taiwan is too close for comfort.

Keep in mind that the USA's military industrial complex supplies a great part of the world with military hardware (e.g. F-35). USA's military partners are counting on USA to keep Chinese espionage at bay and that's really hard to do when China is so good at making fakes and supply chains travel through China.

it is unconfirmed. Doubt that they build super expensive fab in US, where everything is much pricier than in Taiwan, and US gov won't protect it as much as US company.
China thinks it owns Taiwan as per "One China" policy. As China becomes more and more hostile to the rest of the world (and its own people)...it's sowing fear among those people that may not know freedom much longer. Arizona...is out of China's reach. If China does seize Taiwan and all of Taiwan's manufacturing with it, TSMC will have a backstop to grow from.

I mean...AMD/NVIDIA/Apple will probably buy all the wafers out of that fab anyway so it's not like it's a very risky investment. Investing in Taiwan is much, much riskier right now.

Last edited:
System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
I believe the chips used for their military is already fabricated in USA as is. At least it was for the longest time with even the Intel processor used in the F-22. Only time I dont think it was when my old man was building OHF radar where they have used Czechoslovakian TR modules (sold via a third party company). And that was only for very specific radar models (and it was 1986). Plus those processors used are not 5nm processors either and are usually much larger process as they are refined for heavy use in event of electronic warfare so they are shielded.

I may be behind the times on this info but this is what I usually find. So this FAB plant isn't going to be used for military - they have other fab plants for that. Most countries already do that too like Russia and China where they do not use outside FAB plants to build their necessary processors for military application.

Processor i7-4790K 4.6GHz @1.29v
Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VII Z97
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G. Skill Trident X 2x8GB 2133MHz
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RTX 3060 V1 FHR (Newegg Shuffle)
Storage OS 120GB Kingston V300, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB , 3TB Hitachi HDD, 2x5TB Toshiba X300, 500GB M.2 @ x2
Display(s) Lenovo y27g 1080p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) AKG Q701's w/ O2+ODAC (Sounds a little bright)
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 850w
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Rosewill Full Size. Red Switches. Blue Leds. RK-9100xBRE - Hate this. way to big
Software Win10
Benchmark Scores 3DMark FireStrike Score : needs updating
But, isn't building clean rooms in hot and dusty place much harder and with more requirements than building the same clean rooms in areas with clean air and better temperatures all year round ?

I don't know why they're building there but the Grand Canyon is beautiful, I can tell you that.

I don't know if fighting dust would be easier than fighting humidity?

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
Do not mix military into it.

It is rubbish consumer tech to them.

AFAIK. Currently Radiation hardened CPU's are made maximimum on 28nm like SONOS imho UMC made. Depending on the maker. Also x86 is rarely being used by US, i486 being the last, i386 is still used in many Russian military devices as default. They reverse engineered it. Keep in mind, writing pure ASM code to those brings performance acceptable to many tasks... and bullet proof.

Military are the last ones caring about this quarell...

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
Do not mix military into it.

It is rubbish consumer tech to them.

AFAIK. Currently Radiation hardened CPU's are made maximimum on 28nm like SONOS imho UMC made. Depending on the maker. Also x86 is rarely being used by US, i486 being the last, i386 is still used in many Russian military devices as default. They reverse engineered it. Keep in mind, writing pure ASM code to those brings performance acceptable to many tasks... and bullet proof.

Military are the last ones caring about this quarell...
I386 isn't used in Russia. They use their own RISC and MIPS processors. Kondiv 32 and 64, Elbrus 2C+, Solo-35.0, etc (anything that is paired with a DSP core). They don't import their processors for military as they use their FAB plant in Zelenograd that can do at best 65nm on specific wafers (200mm) and 45 if done at GS Techopolis. You are mistaking it with India who decided to use older Intel for their Su-30MKI. But that isn't the topic at hand. Just had to point it out.

Edit: but you are correct though in that this is nothing to do with military as I pointed out previously.

Last edited:
System Name HELLSTAR
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Mouse Razer Basilisk
@sepheronx

It is used and even in SMP, like navigation system АРБИС... you have to remember, they have the HW, like you mentioned, but rewriting software is even more pain thus there are still things made on x86 for them, prolly could be even stolen from someone. MIPS and RISC are hard to code as not many coders are coming really out of the old SPARC institute... and like ones you can trust on. Also those are way too performant and HOT to be resided mil/space grade device, and they are way to young. It will take years to have a working and tested equipment, without catching fire... but... they catch fire either way... I have no information how radiation hardened are new Russian CPU's despite being on higher tech node, but that does not guarantee anything. They boosted a lot of tech, because of tech exchange deal with China, but you have to take all the achievements with a bucket salt, no a cistern of salt and ignore all the links and media reports, because of corruption and propganda, you an only trust things you see with your own two eyes about them.

You are right about Indians, but the obvious why is the localization and they use different arsenal and components for their Su-30MKI. Who will code for those Russian CPU? Indians? How? They chose their solutions backported from earlier prolly HAL Tejas for their radar/rocket/navigation/comms etc variety. IMHO their export variants reside on x86 for sure.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
@sepheronx

It is used and even in SMP, like navigation system АРБИС... you have to remember, they have the HW, like you mentioned, but rewriting software is even more pain thus there are still things made on x86 for them, prolly could be even stolen from someone. MIPS and RISC are hard to code as not many coders are coming really out of the old SPARC institute... and like ones you can trust on. Also those are way too performant and HOT to be resided mil/space grade device, and they are way to young. It will take years to have a working and tested equipment, without catching fire... but... they catch fire either way... I have no information how radiation hardened are new Russian CPU's despite being on higher tech node, but that does not guarantee anything. They boosted a lot of tech, because of tech exchange deal with China, but you have to take all the achievements with a bucket salt, no a cistern of salt and ignore all the links and media reports, because of corruption and propganda, you an only trust things you see with your own two eyes about them.

You are right about Indians, but the obvious why is the localization and they use different arsenal and components for their Su-30MKI. Who will code for those Russian CPU? Indians? How? They chose their solutions backported from earlier prolly HAL Tejas for their radar/rocket/navigation/comms etc variety. IMHO their export variants reside on x86 for sure.

No, these are same processors used in design that goes back to Soviet Union era. They are just newer variants of same designs. The institutes working it are universities mixed with defense institutions. Hence why I mentioned SOLO-30, 35, etc are all radiation resistant as they are used for radar systems. I have enough knowledge in the field of what they use. Navigation system that uses GPS maybe but that is also being mixed in with using GLONASS systems. Outside of that, I know for a fact of what they use. You try to use idea of corruption and media propaganda but you are wrong, sorry. I follow sdelanounas.ru and the likes (friends in military) to know what is being developed. Unless you have evidence otherwise, I am sorry but I have to state you are incorrect. But judging by your location, I can tell that this conversation wont get very far simply because of political bias. I understand the hate between the two countries so we can end it here. And RISC isn't that hard to code for since you can see the popularity ARM is seeing.

Edit: if anyone cares or is interested in this sub debate, here is a good start: https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/?id=93

Outside of that, we gone off topic.

Last edited:
System Name HELLSTAR
Mouse Razer Basilisk
I understand the hate between the two countries so we can end it here.

The hate is one the things you already have consumed on mass media, yet not grasping the reality.

The last 1875ВД2Т ie i386 is still made by Svetlana, they are supplying all the x86 Soviet clone series. They have to, as the second place where they were made is Kiev.

Never the less, militaries do not care about this TSMC move... they have their own supply chain and specific needs.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
The hate is one the things you already have consumed on mass media, yet not grasping the reality.

The last 1875ВД2Т ie i386 is still made by Svetlana, they are supplying all the x86 Soviet clone series. They have to, as the second place where they were made is Kiev.

Never the less, militaries do not care about this TSMC move... they have their own supply chain and specific needs.
Used very lightly as military have moved onto what I stated over the recent years due to new performance. As example - all jets including Su-24 with Gefast &T upgrade use Solo processors. Newest OTH radar (Kontainer as example) use Elbrus 2C+ given its Elvees DSP cores, etc. But I get what your saying. But I wouldn't be quick to scream propaganda without doing some digging.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
An extremely strange turnaround considering just two days ago there was an article saying exactly the opposite. Guess DigiTimes got it wrong.

I imagine this is going to end up much like Foxconn's amazing Winconsin factory: https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/12/21217060/foxconn-wisconsin-innovation-centers-empty-buildings

The Pentagon is already finding Chinese spy chips in their military hardware.

[citation needed]

And no, the much-debunked Bloomberg story doesn't count.

Arizona...is out of China's reach.

ICBMs would like to have a word with you.

If China does seize Taiwan and all of Taiwan's manufacturing with it, TSMC will have a backstop to grow from.

If China does seize Taiwan, it will be because the USA abandoned Taiwan. How likely are you to want your backstop to be a nation that just threw you under the bus?

If TSMC really wanted a backstop, they'd build fabs in Europe or Africa or Australia. This move by TSMC, just like the Foxconn debacle, is merely a sop to the bullying of the current US administration.

System Name HELLSTAR
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Much larger process nodes actually, at least for radiation hardening.

I said at max. Microchip has RT PolarFire series made on 28nm, they targeted for satellites with high radiation tolerance.

There's a good book regarding what what uses. There's a zoo of it... It is the preference of the country/university it does. In military it is the same, who's the contractor and their solution historical base. Rarely something comes out of zero.

Space Microelectronics Volume 1: Spacecraft Classification, Failure, and Electrical Component Requirements (Artech House Space Technology and Applications)

Processor Intel Core i5 8400
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370N-Wifi
Cooling Silverstone AR05
Memory Micron Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming 8G
Storage Micron Crucial MX300 275GB
Display(s) Dell U2415
Case Silverstone RVZ02B
Power Supply Silverstone SSR-SX550
Keyboard Ducky One Red Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro 1909
I imagine this is going to end up much like Foxconn's amazing Winconsin factory: https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/12/21217060/foxconn-wisconsin-innovation-centers-empty-buildings
That maybe true. But it may turn out differently. For Foxconn, they just set up assembly lines that any literate warm bodies can take up a job there, they only let their own Taiwanese staff to be managers though, with rare exceptions. That could be a problem in the states. With TSMC they will want someone with STEM degrees and/or proper training, I also believe they are more open to have foreigners join their management

As for shenanigans between Taiwan and China, they have been at it for so many decades, there is nothing new. Last time I checked, the states are quite happy with the way it is now. It's good for business.

I think stable tectonic conditions is a larger concern when building silicon fabs.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
[citation needed]

And no, the much-debunked Bloomberg story doesn't count.

They're also finding their way into Amazon and Apple cloud servers:

Counterfeit parts in general are proving fatal in aviation:
Danko’s forensic research uncovered that it wasn’t pilot error that caused the crash but rather an unsafe, unapproved airplane part. Danko found the seat track release for the pilot’s seat was recently installed by a local mechanic. However, the part had no accompanying FAA documentation or certification. Danko suspects the faulty seat track release failed, causing the pilot seat to move out of control.
The suit cites the failure of a component in the aircraft’s Full Authority Digital Electronic Control (FADEC), a digital device that makes sure there is enough fuel going to the helicopter’s engine.

Triumph could not be reached immediately for comment. The lawsuit alleges the company’s design of the engine control unit in the FADEC was “defective and unreasonably dangerous,” and accuses Goodrich and Triumph of concealing defects in it while continuing to supply parts to companies and the U.S. government.

ICBMs would like to have a word with you.
They only have three (DF-5, DF-31, DF-41) that might reach Arizona but USA also has THAAD that they wouldn't hesitate to use to intercept them.

Last edited:

ARF

I think stable tectonic conditions is a larger concern when building silicon fabs.

Arizona is close to Nevada and California which are subject to quite intense tectonic activity.

They only have three (DF-5, DF-31, DF-41) that might reach Arizona but USA also has THAAD that they wouldn't hesitate to use to intercept them.

One tsunami is enough. And THAAD won't stop the tsunami.

TSMC has to do this or later on they will lose out Apple,Amd and other Amercan and probably EU companies. You have to undderstand a chess game is being played and future will be very different to what we had before.

Arizona is close to Nevada and California which are subject to quite intense tectonic activity.
I know that it is a neighbouring state, but traditionally, this has been mentioned as a reason for placement of fabs, that's why I found this news piece/rumour odd.

System Name HELLSTAR
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Used very lightly as military have moved onto what I stated over the recent years due to new performance. As example - all jets including Su-24 with Gefast &T upgrade use Solo processors. Newest OTH radar (Kontainer as example) use Elbrus 2C+ given its Elvees DSP cores, etc. But I get what your saying. But I wouldn't be quick to scream propaganda without doing some digging.

I highly respect you. As I said many things are faked up. We are targeted at such scale from certain organs. Please excuse me. I do not hold any grudge against Russian people, it would be stupid go against my friends. So lets get straight here.

I have experience only about things made till 1992. with my own eyes. Including ICBM. The funny thing about those i386, nobody knows where are they used now. Why making things then? So those are rockets imho, thus I deduced most used.

It still stands as as a valid argument, that software is 75%, then the HW. The heck... Voskhod were tube based like still recently(only one remained?) Why? They worked...

During 10 years it wilk change a lot thou... the military landscape changes also.

ARF

I understand the hate between the two countries so we can end it here.

I don't. This theatre is so counter-productive. The thing is that if you look at the global picture, you'd see that Russia and USA are two sides of the same coin or parts of one whole.
There are tensions between many nations - South and North Koreans, Spain and UK, UK and Germany, France and Spain, France and UK, etc...

Actually, the Rus' origins are in Eastern Sweden which makes them Germans somewhat, and you might try to understand the holy union between Russia, Prussia and Austria.
Austria doesn't participate in military unions with Germany.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
I highly respect you. As I said many things are faked up. We are targeted at such scale from certain organs. Please excuse me. I do not hold any grudge against Russian people, it would be stupid go against my friends. So lets get straight here.

I have experience only about things made till 1992. with my own eyes. Including ICBM. The funny thing about those i386, nobody knows where are they used now. Why making things then? So those are rockets imho, thus I deduced most used.

It still stands as as a valid argument, that software is 75%, then the HW. The heck... Voskhod were tube based like still recently(only one remained?) Why? They worked...

During 10 years it wilk change a lot thou... the military landscape changes also.

Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. It's like you said it works. Over here in Canada the most common phrase is "why fix it if it isn't broken"? I guess for applications where the old processor works, it works well and the structure it's in, then why not? Take dead hand - a system that's older than I am and it does one purpose only. Hence why they don't have to really change its system since nothing high end is needed. Heck, at my workplace we have machines and software older than I am and it's for a major company.

Yeah, a gradual change. Only reason why they did it was because they knew they were or could be left without modernish hardware so they were forced to develop newer stuff. They just tend to stick to RISC and MIPS due to open licensing and less legal troubles (they are part of WTO afterall and Russian railways was forced to cancel an agreement with INEUM for Elbrus 8S machines as they didn't hold a proper competition for said machines. But second wave they purchased the Elbrus 8s machines successfully under WTO rules). Made me laugh.

Anyway, I think we just threw this whole thread off track. But it was an interesting experience. I too respect you and sorry if I came off as strict or abrupt. Normally I am not.

I'm not familiar with civilian process compared to military but as I said and you yourself said, this definately isn't a plant for military means and thus the idea about it can be discarded. But now with falling demand of semiconductors for smartphones due to smartphone sales dropping, I don't know if many are eager to build a new fabrication plant tbh.

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
The Donald knows the US have fallen behind, Intel are struggling to get beyond 14nm+++++++++++++, and AM "real men have fabs" D embarrassingly couldn't afford to compete and spun off GlobalFoundries years ago.

Didn't you notice something fishy ... ?

A republic, ... stronger together ... Why the **** are companies from the same country competing against themselfs then ???????? ....

:D :D :D Welcome to Planet Earth! It's All A Joke.

System Name Avell old monster - Workstation T1 - HTPC
Processor i7-3630QM\i7-5960x\Ryzen 3 2200G
Cooling Stock.
Memory 2x4Gb @ 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) HD 7970M \ EVGA GTX 980\ Vega 8
Storage SSD Sandisk Ultra li - 480 GB + 1 TB 5400 RPM WD - 960gb SDD + 2TB HDD
Is it a good idea to place a factory full of sensitive equipment so close to a huge geological fissure? The USA has some better points than that I think.