• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ADATA Launches Swordfish and Falcon NVMe SSDs for Creators

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ADATA Technology, a leading manufacturer of high-performance DRAM modules, NAND Flash products, and mobile accessories, today announces the launch of two new PCIe Gen 3 x4 M.2 2280 solid state drives (SSD), the ADATA FALCON and SWORDFISH. Both SSDs were designed with creators in mind and are built with 3D NAND Flash memory and support the PCIe Gen 3 x4 interface for excellent performance and reliability.

The ADATA FALCON SSD is made to help creators up their creative power. Using the PCIe Gen 3 x4 interface and equipped with 3D NAND Flash memory, the FALCON delivers read/write speed of up to 3100/1500 MB per second for uninterrupted productivity and creativity. With 3D NAND Flash, the FALCON features higher efficiency and increased reliability compared to 2D NAND SSDs. It comes in diverse capacities, ranging from 256 GB to 2 TB and features data protection and correction technologies to expand the lifespan of SSD. What's more, the FALCON sports intelligent SLC caching, host memory buffer, and random read/write of 180/180K IOPS to give creators seamless performance for creating. The FALCON also comes with a stylish aluminium alloy heatsink for heat dissipation.

ADATA SWORDFISH - Get Creating Better
As with the FALCON, the SWORDFISH is also equipped with 3D NAND Flash memory and utilizes the PCIe Gen 3 x4 interface. The SWORDFISH features sustained read/write speeds of up to 1800/1200 MB per second for smooth productivity as well as SLC caching, host memory buffer, and random 4K read/write of 180/180K1 IOPS. The SSD comes in capacities ranging from 250 GB to 2 TB. For stable operations, the SWORDFISH sports a beautifully etched aluminium alloy heatsink that not only looks cool, but also stays cool, even during the most intensive tasks.

Integrity and Security
With support for LDPC (Low-Density Parity-Check) error correcting code technology, the FALCON and SWORDFISH can detect and fix errors to ensure data integrity and thus enjoy extended lifespans. AES 256-bit encryption keeps the data inside the SSDs password-protected and away from prying eyes.

SSD Toolbox and Migration Utility
Every FALCON and SWORDFISH purchase qualifies for free downloads of ADATA SSD Toolbox and Migration Utility. SSD Toolbox allows users to monitor and manage the SWORDFISH with drive status, wear level, and lifespan information. The Migration Utility is especially helpful for users making the move from HDD to SSD, as it is designed for simple and quick backup and migration of the contents of entire drives, including the operating system.
Both the ADATA FALCON and SWORDFISH come backed by a 5-year warranty to give users the peace of mind to create.

Exact availability of the ADATA FALCON and SWORDFISH may vary by region.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Nice infomercial but I don't think the 'article' mentioned even once whether this is TLC or junk (QLC) for either of them. I hope we're not at that stage where if something is MLC / TLC it'll be loudly advertised as such but if it's QLC, it'll be quietly left out like Seagate's SMR on WD Red's with the hope that no-one asks...

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Nice infomercial but I don't think the 'article' mentioned even once whether this is TLC or junk (QLC) for either of them. I hope we're not at that stage where if something is MLC / TLC it'll be loudly advertised as such but if it's QLC, it'll be quietly left out like Seagate's SMR on WD Red's with the hope that no-one asks...

We did ask ADATA a few days ago, the answer was "it is 3D NAND flash" t.t

We did ask ADATA a few days ago, the answer was "it is 3D NAND flash" t.t
I appreciate you guys can't print info that they refuse to give you, though quite honestly I'd refuse to print anything at all until they come clean one way or the other. Same goes with HDD's either they say "it's CMR / PMR / SMR" or they don't get a mention. It's the only way to force the storage industry as a whole to be honest and actually give consumers an informed choice vs those drives which sacrifice up to 75% durability for the sake of saving barely 5% on the price...

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
More like the Chicken and Jelly Fish...

So... What was designed for creators?
It means it doesn't have LEDs, but still looks bling, if the "creator" motherboards are anything to go by.

Processor Intel i7 970 // Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus Rampage III Formula // Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Zalman CNPS9900MaxB // Zalman CNPS11X
Memory GSkill 2133 12GB // Corsair V 2400 32GB
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080 // MSI GTX1070
Storage Samsung 870EVO // Samsung 840P
Display(s) HP w2207h
Case CoolerMaster Stacker 830se // Lian Li PC-9F
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Seasonic X 850w Gold // EVGA 850w G2
Mouse Logitech G502SE HERO, G9
Keyboard Dell
Software W10 Pro 22H2
@W1zzard

What would be nice is if the ADATA SSD Toolbox and Migration Utility would work on ADATA drives in an external enclosure.

I am not poking at ADATA alone, other manufacturers like Crucial/Micron and Samsung have the same issue.

If you want to upgrade the firmware prior to deployment in a docking station or external case, you can't do it.

Indeed and I checked their own website's datasheet and that doesn't say either. Quite pathetic they won't divulge what type of cells they are using.