• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kingston Ships 7.68TB Capacity for Industry-Leading High-Performance Data Center SSDs

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, today began shipping the 7.68 TB model of the Data Center 500R (DC500R) and 450R (DC450R) SATA SSDs. The DC1000M 7.68 TB U.2 NVMe ships in June. The SSDs provide additional storage and implement strict QoS ensuring predictable IO and low latency for data centers using both NVMe and/or SATA.

The three SSDs join the DC1000B NVMe boot drive, DC500M (for mixed workloads) SATA SSD and Server Premier DRAM to form the most complete range of superior enterprise-class data center storage solutions in the market. "Higher capacity options for data centers enables organizations to increase storage space in their current footprint as Cloud computing continues to grow at unprecedented levels," said Tony Hollingsbee, SSD business manager, Kingston EMEA. "Our evolving line of data center storage solutions serve enterprise customers of all levels from hyperscalers on down and are a key component for organizations to keep the total cost of ownership down."

Kingston's 7.68 TB data center SSDs include:
DC500R:
  • VMware Ready SSD engineered for read-intensive applications such as webservers, virtual desktop infrastructure, operational databases and real-time analytics.
  • I/O speeds and response times (latency) data centers can deploy with confidence, ensuring high levels of performance in the working application and downstream at the user interface.
DC450R:
  • Specific, focused feature set for read-intensive applications and optimized for data centers looking to not overspend on more expensive write-intensive SSDs.
  • Designed for content-delivery networks, edge computing applications and a wide array of software-defined storage architectures.
DC1000M:
  • Hot-pluggable U.2 (2.5") form factor, allowing seamless integration with latest generation servers and storage arrays currently using PCIe and U.2 backplanes.
  • Enterprise-grade features such as end-to-end path protection, power-loss protection (PLP) and telemetry monitoring for increased data reliability.
DC500R, DC450R and DC1000M are backed by a limited five-year warranty with free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Anyone know what that plastic pin for the M.2 drive is? Looks like a push pin for your M.2 drive; might be easier than holding it down with a screw.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Anyone know what that plastic pin for the M.2 drive is? Looks like a push pin for your M.2 drive; might be easier than holding it down with a screw.
That's a pushpin+standoff combo thingie sold in bulk to OEMs.

The most convenient custom standoff I've seen so far is the Fivetech M.2 Board latch:

That's a boon for SSD reviewers.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
Looks like SSD capacity is really starting to grow. I'm sure this will be limited to megacorps with insane budgets, but it's only a matter of time before solid state capacity like this comes to a PC near you...

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
Looks like SSD capacity is really starting to grow. I'm sure this will be limited to megacorps with insane budgets, but it's only a matter of time before solid state capacity like this comes to a PC near you...
It will be years before the prices come down to normal consumer levels for these 8tb ssd drives.
I'm still waiting for 4tb m.2 to come down lower in prices and more models come out.

That's a pushpin+standoff combo thingie sold in bulk to OEMs.

The most convenient custom standoff I've seen so far is the Fivetech M.2 Board latch:

That's a boon for SSD reviewers.

It would be great but it seems that it would be a pain for motherboard maker to use this with multiple length support (1 hole for a screw or the plastic holder, whereas 2 or one long for this)

In that sense the plastic holder is a great middle ground between cost and usability (they'd argue that if you need easier accessibility you should use u.2 or upcomming e1.s)