• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire ThousandEyes

Cisco today announced its intent to acquire privately held ThousandEyes, Inc. headquartered in San Francisco, CA. ThousandEyes' Internet and Cloud intelligence platform delivers deep visibility and insights into the digital delivery of applications and services over the Internet.

The last few years have seen a rapid acceleration of Cloud adoption, widespread use of SaaS applications, and a reliance on the Internet and networks outside of enterprise control. This increased dependence on the Internet and other third-party infrastructures, compounded over the past several months during the COVID-19 pandemic, substantially reduces the ability for enterprise IT teams to predict, visualize and control operational behavior. The result is often a chaotic and unmanageable IT environment that makes issue resolution a time-consuming ordeal that can potentially have a massive impact on customer experience, brand reputation and revenue.

By bringing together Cisco's strength in network and application performance with ThousandEyes' visibility into the Internet, customers will now have an end-to-end view into the digital delivery of applications and services over the Internet, allowing them to pinpoint deficiencies and improve network and application performance across enterprise and cloud networks. This acquisition will also empower enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation, no matter where they are in their journey, by delivering comprehensive visibility into applications and services delivered to customers and employees.

"I'm excited to welcome the ThousandEyes team to Cisco," said Todd Nightingale, senior vice president and general manager, Cisco Enterprise Networking and Cloud. "The combination of Cisco and ThousandEyes will enable deeper and broader visibility to pin-point deficiencies and improve the network and application performance across all networks. This will give customers end-to-end visibility when accessing cloud applications, and Internet Intelligence will improve networking reliability and the overall application experience."

Cisco will incorporate ThousandEyes' capabilities across Cisco's core Enterprise Networking and Cloud, and AppDynamics portfolios to enhance visibility across the enterprise, internet and the cloud. The acquisition is expected to close before the end of Cisco's Q1 FY'21. ThousandEyes will join Cisco's newly-formed Networking Services business unit, reporting to Todd Nightingale.

As part of the Networking Services business unit, ThousandEyes CEO and co-founder Mohit Lad will take on the role of GM of ThousandEyes, and Co-Founder, CTO Ricardo Oliveira will continue to drive ThousandEyes product vision and innovation strategy.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

He's using WIndows XP, how is this going to "enable deeper and broader visibility to pin-point deficiencies and improve the network and application performance across all networks." ?

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110

He's using WIndows XP, how is this going to "enable deeper and broader visibility to pin-point deficiencies and improve the network and application performance across all networks." ?

also the monitor and his laptop screen are clone meaning he is not being productive :p

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670

By upgrading to Win10 of course!

Folks, it's an old photo. That model of monitor and laptop are 10 years old or older. Samsung display from 2010 and an Acer(it might be a Toshiba) laptop from 2009.

Last edited:
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
Motherboard EVGA 121-KS-E375
Cooling Stock (Temp.)
Memory GEIL 8192 MB X2 (DDR4-2137) - XMP 2.0 - P/N: CL16-16-16 D4-2400
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (TU104-410)
Storage Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB & Samsung SSD 950 PRO 256GB
Display(s) LG 32" Widescreen
Case Corsair Carbide Series 400
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX850 Platinum
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard DAS
Software Windows 10 20H2 64 Bit

lol i was going to say the same! At least he has dual screens :roll:

PS - Who doesn't Cisco acquire these days..

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Folks, it's an old photo. That model of monitor and laptop are 10 years old or older. Samsung display from 2010 and an Acer(it might be a Toshiba) laptop from 2009.
They shoulda used a newer image.