• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Activision Announces Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Bandicoots get ready fur it, Crash is moving 4-ward into 2020 with a brand-new game that's built from the ground up and "It's About Time." No, literally! Activision Blizzard, Inc., and developer Toys for Bob, are giving fans the true sequel to the original trilogy with Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. Our lovingly absurd marsupials are back and putting a fresh spin, jump and wump on conflicts of cosmic proportions, discovering expansive new worlds, unexpected allies, larger-than-life boss battles and powerful new Quantum Masks that must be united to restore order to the multiverse. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One and Xbox One X on October 2, 2020. Pre-orders are available now.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time is not a remaster, but the first original entry in the Crash franchise in more than 10 years. To celebrate, Toys for Bob is excited to introduce a fresh art style for Crash to fans that maintains the zany spirit of the franchise while also breathing new personality and charm into it. Rewinding time back to the end of Crash Bandicoot: Warped, Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time picks up after Neo Cortex, Dr. N. Tropy and Uka Uka were last stranded on a distant planet. After decades of fruitless attempts, the trio finally make their escape, ripping an Evil-Scientist-sized hole in the fabric of space-time in the process. Now all that stands between them and total dominion over the multiverse are two fuzzy marsupials from N. Sanity Island.

"Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time stands on the shoulders of the core precision gameplay we all fell in love with in the '90s," said Paul Yan, Co-Studio Head at Toys for Bob. "This epic new adventure spans space and time, introducing new ways to platform that both long-time fans and new players alike will enjoy mastering. Get ready to fall in love with the mutant marsupials all over again!"

Throughout this adventure, players will uncover four Quantum Masks, the guardians of space and time, that will give them the ability to bend the rules of reality and gain advanced ways to conquer dangerous obstacles. Today we're revealing the Time Mask, which slows everything down, and the Gravity Mask, enabling bandicoots to platform upside down. Fans will see an evolution of the Crash they know and love, equipped with advanced gameplay mechanics like wall running, rail grinding and rope swinging. They'll be able to play as Crash or Coco on their journey to save the multiverse, and new playable characters, including the fiendish Neo Cortex, will also emerge to provide an alternative perspective on our hero bandicoots' quest to defeat their nefarious nemeses.

"Our teams have delivered two awesome remastered Crash Bandicoot experiences and the community passion for the series continues to be incredible. Now it is time to turn the page and give players something entirely new," said Rob Kostich, President at Activision. "Loyal fans have been patiently waiting to see the journey continue for their favorite marsupial, and we're giving players the completely new experience they deserve with Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time."

To celebrate the reveal of Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, Activision has teamed up with hip hop star and fellow Crash aficionado Quavo, from the music trio Migos, who will debut the world's first sneak peek at gameplay today via his social channels. Check out the game's official trailer here.
Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time will be available for the suggested retail price of $59.99. For more information on the Crash Bandicoot franchise, please visit www.crashbandicoot.com and follow @CrashBandicoot on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

More like Cash Bandit: It's About Money.

Activision gonna whack gullible buyers of this game with microtransactions months down the track, because that's what greedy scumbags do.

I wasn't very impressed with the remastered trilogy, the graphics and sounds were good but they screwed up the controls, making them way less responsive than the originals. The game doesn't feel as fluid as the ps1 games.
Let's see what they do with this, but being activision I trust them to screw up somehow. They are almost as bad as EA.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Considering the Crash series has been unmitigated garbage since the PS1 era, I'll be impressed if this is anything else.

System Name Poor Man's PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7500F
Motherboard MSI B650M Mortar WiFi
Cooling ID Cooling SE 206 XT
Memory 32GB GSkill Flare X5 DDR5 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX Merc 310 RX 7900 XT
Storage XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2TB + 8 TB WD Ultrastar DC HC320
Display(s) Mi Gaming Curved 3440x1440 144Hz
Case Asus A21
Audio Device(s) MPow Air Wireless + Mi Soundbar
Power Supply Enermax Revolution DF 650W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 3
Keyboard Logitech Pro X + Kailh box heavy pale blue switch + Durock stabilizers
VR HMD Meta Quest 2
Benchmark Scores Who need bench when everything already fast?
I wasn't very impressed with the remastered trilogy, the graphics and sounds were good but they screwed up the controls, making them way less responsive than the originals. The game doesn't feel as fluid as the ps1 games.
Let's see what they do with this, but being activision I trust them to screw up somehow. They are almost as bad as EA.

They got me a little with that Fatboy Slim :roll:
Maybe because it wasn't Naughty Dog? I do enjoyed playing in Playstation 4 though.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

Activision does devolve fast and it does look Blizzard won't escape that trend either.

All I can say is... Diablo. If they get that right, as in, the true successor to D2 in terms of gameplay, they're back. If they don't... they drop down to the long list of 'so so devs' in my mind... and that is coming from absolute top 3. Activision on its own though... the last memorable title I have in my mind is Dark Reign and COD MW on ps3. :D

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64