• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GOG Releases Cyberpunk 2077 Goodies Collection & Ultimate RED Collection

Good Old Games have recently released a free limited edition Cyberpunk 2077 digital Goodies Collection available on their site. The pack which totals 4GB includes a compilation of official digital content previously released by CD PROJEKT RED as well as brand new concept arts, desktop wallpapers, and printable posters. The giveaway is time-limited and will run until 4th July 2020, 5 PM UTC.

The Ultimate RED Collection has also returned to the store, containing a pre-order for Cyberpunk 2077 and all The Witcher games. This pack is priced at 87.77 USD and is available until the 4th of July 2020, 5 PM UTC. In addition to the aforementioned deals GOG is also offering a Cyberpunk 2077 merch discount for any per-orders of the game standalone or as a part of the Ultimate RED Collection before July the 4th 2020, 5 PM UTC. This discount pack includes deals reaching up to -35% on selected Cyberpunk 2077 merch available in CD PROJEKT RED STORE, J!NX online store, and Things From Another World store.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Should have called it the hype package.

Its absolutely useless, but definitely gets you in the mood to 'secure' that pre order :p :oops:

All the wallpapers are such low resolution :(
Only one set has 3440x1440 in.

Yes. GOG will be the launch platform.

Aww, that sucks doesn't it..
I thought DRM-free doesn't lock you to a specific platform? All other games I've purchased from GOG are pure binaries and their respective game assets. No DRM, no launchers, no platforms.
I could upload them for the taking. I didn't. That's how I understand mutual respect.

I thought DRM-free doesn't lock you to a specific platform? All other games I've purchased from GOG are pure binaries and their respective game assets. No DRM, no launchers, no platforms.
I could upload them for the taking. I didn't. That's how I understand mutual respect.
I think you might be confused as to what DRM-free means. CDPR owns GOG, Of course they're going to launch it on their platform first. I think the next day it'll hit Steam and Epic.

Every platform is by definition, DRM, i.e. tool for digital rights management, i.e. no GOG, no play.
If the game demands a certain platform to run then it's not DRM-free.
I think you confuse DRM with copy protection, e.g. DeNuvo.

Every platform is by definition, DRM, i.e. tool for digital rights management
No, it isn't. Online shops are no different than brick & mortar shops. No buy, no play.
If the game demands a certain platform to run then it's not DRM-free.
So you think that a game made for PC should be expected to run on a MAC or Android otherwise it's a form of DRM? Short answer, no it isn't. Being DRM-free means that Digital Rights Management(a contradiction in terms if ever there was one) is absent from the title being sold. IE, if you buy a software title and it claims to be DRM-free then it should run whenever the user needs it to, without restrictions or limitations. This means no activation, no online presence requirement, no functionality that limits usage.
I think you confuse DRM with copy protection, e.g. DeNuvo.
Copy-protection IS a form of DRM. You need to do some research on the subject as you seem clearly out of touch with the context of the subject matter.

Last edited:
No, it isn't. Online shops are no different than brick & mortar shops. No buy, no play.
Yes, it is. When buying from GameStop for example, they don't lock the game to be playable only if you sit in their store.
Now, put GOG instead of GameStop in the above sentence and see if it makes sense.

So you think that a game made for PC should be expected to run on a MAC or Android otherwise it's a form of DRM? Short answer, no it isn't.
If a game is compiled only for a PC, it doesn't mean it has DRM. It means devs only care if their game runs on PC, not that it is locked for PC on purpose.

Copy-protection IS a form of DRM. You need to do some research on the subject as you seem clearly out of touch with the context of the subject matter.
Let's assume for a moment I'm the mentally challenged one here. Now, let's head over to Wikipedia and look up DRM there, check the article and its sources.
Afterwards, let read all our comments again. I know I did. I bet it will feel kind of strange for you afterwards.

Yes, it is. When buying from GameStop for example, they don't lock the game to be playable only if you sit in their store.
Now, put GOG instead of GameStop in the above sentence and see if it makes sense.
Are you deliberately trying to be a troll? Cause that's how this comes off. You're missing the point and the context.
Let's assume for a moment I'm the mentally challenged one here.
Aww, that was adorable. Mentally challenged? No. Conceptually challenged, certainly..
Now, let's head over to Wikipedia and look up DRM there, check the article and its sources.
Afterwards, let read all our comments again. I know I did. I bet it will feel kind of strange for you afterwards.
Good idea;
You were embarrassed what now?