• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BenQ Announces Updated ZOWIE FK-B, ZA-B Standard Edition Series Mice with 3360 Sensor

BenQ announces the updated ZOWIE FK-B & ZA-B series in matte black finish and the 3360 sensor. Unlike previous FK & ZA models, the updated series have a symmetrical right-handed design. The side buttons on the right side have been removed to prevent interference with a right-handed user's grip.

The mouse cable attachment point has also been raised at an angle to lower the chance of the cable dragging on the mousepad. The mice also come with a report rate switch at the bottom to quickly and conveniently switch to your preferred setting. which come equipped with the 3360 sensor, providing gamers with a different mouse tracking feel.

The FK-B & ZA-B Series retains the big skatez design and both these series are available in three sizes respectively - FK1+-B, FK1-B, FK2-B; and ZA11-B, ZA12-B, ZA13-B.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Not a fan. My Zowie FK1 broke faster than any other mouse, except for one Sharkoon POS.

Shame this mouse brand is so stagnant and not innovating to keep up with the current market. I think they even said on Twitter they don’t plan on changing it much. Such wasted potential...

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSi MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory G.Skill DDR4-3600 Trident Z CL 16
Video Card(s) MSi GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB
Storage Crucial P1 500GB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Acer Predator XB1 IPS 165Hz G-Sync
Case Lian-Li PC-A10B
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W
Mouse Zowie EC1-A
Keyboard G.Skill KM780 MX (MX brown)
Not a fan. My Zowie FK1 broke faster than any other mouse, except for one Sharkoon POS.

I've had four EC1's in the last 4~5 years. All of them had issues with early collapsed scrolls or buttons. Plus, on almost all of them (except one that lasted less than 5 days), the scroll "grease" started to leak from the side and front of the scroll.
On my current EC1-A the scroll went bananas in a matter of months, it still works, but not only the scroll steps are now very vague, but also the scroll down click has almost no feedback, many times I can't tell if I pressed it or not. Thankfully I don't really use the scroll down click button that often, so I'm sticking with the mouse for now as long as it doesn't fall apart any further.

It's a shame, because the shape is really good on the Zowies, and finding a good ergonomic mouse can be very frustrating. That's why in 20 years I always hated buying a new mouse. Last time I had to change from a mouse model I had go through 3 models (G500, Deathadder 3.5BE, Sensei) in like 2 weeks of buying+ returning/selling, until I started with the EC1's, finally finding one that was really confortable at the end of a couple of days, or at least that was fine out of the box (the Deathadder, for example, already came with a loose button from factory).

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I've had four EC1's in the last 4~5 years. All of them had issues with early collapsed scrolls or buttons. Plus, on almost all of them (except one that lasted less than 5 days), the scroll "grease" started to leak from the side and front of the scroll.
On my current EC1-A the scroll went bananas in a matter of months, it still works, but not only the scroll steps are now very vague, but also the scroll down click has almost no feedback, many times I can't tell if I pressed it or not. Thankfully I don't really use the scroll down click button that often, so I'm sticking with the mouse for now as long as it doesn't fall apart any further.

It's a shame, because the shape is really good on the Zowies, and finding a good ergonomic mouse can be very frustrating. That's why in 20 years I always hated buying a new mouse. Last time I had to change from a mouse model I had go through 3 models (G500, Deathadder 3.5BE, Sensei) in like 2 weeks of buying+ returning/selling, until I started with the EC1's, finally finding one that was really confortable at the end of a couple of days, or at least that was fine out of the box (the Deathadder, for example, already came with a loose button from factory).

Oh wow, you do kill a lot of mice then :D Meow?

My early deceased mice came from virtually all companies... except Logitech and believe it or not; Trust. Yes, that budget bin plastic junk mfr selling 10-20 dollar mice and keyboard packs. I still have a couple over here... still functional, easily 15 years old.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSi MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory G.Skill DDR4-3600 Trident Z CL 16
Video Card(s) MSi GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB
Storage Crucial P1 500GB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Acer Predator XB1 IPS 165Hz G-Sync
Case Lian-Li PC-A10B
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W
Mouse Zowie EC1-A
Keyboard G.Skill KM780 MX (MX brown)
Oh wow, you do kill a lot of mice then :D Meow?

My early deceased mice came from virtually all companies... except Logitech and believe it or not; Trust. Yes, that budget bin plastic junk mfr selling 10-20 dollar mice and keyboard packs. I still have a couple over here... still functional, easily 15 years old.

That's the silly part. :laugh: I really don't kill them at all, since I'm not on those guys that spends all day raging playing games online, or that violently smashes them on the desk. Quite the opposite, I'm really careful with them because I know how hard it is to me to get a new one that feels confortable to use.
I seem to have some "luck" with the samples/models I try and they eventually fail due some particular weakness about them. Long time ago, had the same problem with the Roccat Kone. Great mouse to hold and use... scroll failed/collapsed (known issue at the time, plenty of RMAs around). Same with the Gigabyte M8000.

The others I had to RMA, like the Razer, are ones that already came with some loose click (when the button is floppy and not precisely touching to the switch beneath) or the ones that simply double-click. You buy a mouse online, wait a day or two to arrive, only to find it defective like that out of the box... having to return it again the very next day... That kind of crappy quality control is what really triggers me to oblivion.

The best one I had: the legendary MX-518. Used it for years. That bastard is still my go-to mouse when I need to improvised a second setup to fix a problem or format a family/friend PC. Mostly is the rubber part that is "melted" and sticky due its age, the rest still works, only with the normal signs of age/fatigue.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
Motherboard MSI MPG X670E Carbon Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A (Chromax)
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL32 64 GB
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon RX 7900 XTX Gaming Trio Classic
Storage WD Black SN850X 4 TB
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q-P
Case LianLi O11 Air Mini (Black)
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 700 Pro X, Kanto YU6 w/ Kanto Sub8 (Matte Black)
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850
Mouse Pulsar X2H eS (Supergrip, Superglide2) w/ Artisan Hien FX (Black, Large, Soft)
Keyboard Keychron Q2 (Knob, Carbon Black, Gateron Ink V2 Red)
Software Windows 11 Pro
I used to really like Zowie but this is too little too late - they should have had 3360 available YEARS ago. These guys seem so lost... :(

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
That's the silly part. :laugh: I really don't kill them at all, since I'm not on those guys that spends all day raging playing games online, or that violently smashes them on the desk. Quite the opposite, I'm really careful with them because I know how hard it is to me to get a new one that feels confortable to use.
I seem to have some "luck" with the samples/models I try and they eventually fail due some particular weakness about them. Long time ago, had the same problem with the Roccat Kone. Great mouse to hold and use... scroll failed/collapsed (known issue at the time, plenty of RMAs around). Same with the Gigabyte M8000.

The others I had to RMA, like the Razer, are ones that already came with some loose click (when the button is floppy and not precisely touching to the switch beneath) or the ones that simply double-click. You buy a mouse online, wait a day or two to arrive, only to find it defective like that out of the box... having to return it again the very next day... That kind of crappy quality control is what really triggers me to oblivion.

The best one I had: the legendary MX-518. Used it for years. That bastard is still my go-to mouse when I need to improvised a second setup to fix a problem or format a family/friend PC. Mostly is the rubber part that is "melted" and sticky due its age, the rest still works, only with the normal signs of age/fatigue.

Be aware that 'melted' and sticky rubber (its not rubber) is usually releasing carcinogenics, however little, they are on your hands and those do tend to touch your face. Its my cue for replacement of anything really. Those microplastics are harmful.

But yep. Logitech man.... My old foreverlasting one was the M500. I think it lasted a good 8 years of hardcore gaming. Its certainly not easy finding a simple mouse that is built like a tank and has a good sensor these days. Not that the older sensors were that great btw..

I'm using a G502 Proteus Spectrum (bla bla bla lol) now, the shape isn't perfect, but it approaches that M500 a little bit, much more functionality but also heavier.

I used to really like Zowie but this is too little too late - they should have had 3360 available YEARS ago. These guys seem so lost... :(

Blame BENQ