• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp GPU-Z 2.33.0 Released

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
TechPowerUp today released the latest version of TechPowerUp GPU-Z, the popular graphics subsystem information, diagnostic, and monitoring utility. Version 2.33.0 introduces new features, support for new GPUs, improved the sensors and fixed a few bugs. To begin with, GPU-Z fixes DirectX 12 Mesh Shader detection in the Advanced Panel, supported on Windows 10 May 2020 Update (2004) and later. Support for AMD "Renoir" APUs has been improved, including several crashes and bugs related to the iGPU's detection fixed. On processors with AMD integrated graphics, "GPU chip power draw" now appears as "GPU Power Draw." An application crash with showing sensor values in the window title-bar has been fixed. Among the new GPUs supported are AMD "Navi 12" Radeon Pro 5600M, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (mobile) and RTX 2070 (mobile) GPUs based on the TU106-B ASIC; and new GeForce MX330 and MX350. Support added for UHD 610, UHD 630 and UHD P630 iGPU solutions found with various 10th Gen Core "Comet Lake" processors. Grab GPU-Z from the link below.

DOWNLOAD: TechPowerUp GPU-Z 2.33.0

The change-log follows.
  • Fixed D3D12 Mesh Shader detection on Windows 10 2004
  • Improved AMD Renoir support, fixed several crashes and issues
  • On AMD integrated graphics, report power draw as "GPU Power Draw", not "GPU Chip Power Draw"
  • Fixed crash in GPU-Z when "show sensor value in GPU-Z window title" was enabled
  • Fixed wrong maximum scale for VRAM usage sensor on some cards
  • Fixed some rare cases of AMD memory size getting reported incorrectly
  • Fixed crash on startup on older ATI graphics cards
  • Added support for AMD Navi 12 / Radeon Pro 5600M
  • Added support for NVIDIA RTX 2060 & 2070 Mobile (TU106-B), GeForce MX330 and MX350
  • Added support for Comet Lake UHD Graphics 610 & 630, Coffee Lake UHD Graphics P630

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I downloaded, and it refused to update the previous version, saying I had to close the version that was in use even though I didn't have an instance of it open.
It then opened the new version without installing.
After deleting the prior version it threw up an error message and said it would continue and try to repair setup.
It now works.

WHy isn't the app available through Microsoft Store? It's way easier to automatically download updates this way.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
WHy isn't the app available through Microsoft Store? It's way easier to automatically download updates this way.
Interesting, first time I get a request for this. The Microsoft Store publishes UWP apps, not standard desktop apps like GPU-Z. Also UWP apps can't run with administrative privileges, which GPU-Z requires to get access to the hardware

Well, it's sort of developing an app for iPhone and letting the users sideload it. Since GPU-Z is currently only being developed solely for Windoze, it would make sense to me if Microsoft Store is used.

I don't believe the UWP apps are limited by administrator privilidges. Check 'Microsoft Minesweeper' by Xbox Studios in the Store, for example. It even has the ability to run as administrator, without (!) asking the user for it.
Also, many other apps from different OEM can access various sensors, HW serial numbers, batteries, etc. I doubt such information is available outside non-elevated calls.

After all, yer a W1zzard, err, Harry? I don't think it would even have to be a complete port out. :)

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
Interesting, first time I get a request for this. The Microsoft Store publishes UWP apps, not standard desktop apps like GPU-Z. Also UWP apps can't run with administrative privileges, which GPU-Z requires to get access to the hardware
Well, it's sort of developing an app for iPhone and letting the users sideload it. Since GPU-Z is currently only being developed solely for Windoze, it would make sense to me if Microsoft Store is used.

I don't believe the UWP apps are limited by administrator privilidges. Check 'Microsoft Minesweeper' by Xbox Studios in the Store, for example. It even has the ability to run as administrator, without (!) asking the user for it.
Also, many other apps from different OEM can access various sensors, HW serial numbers, batteries, etc. I doubt such information is available outside non-elevated calls.

After all, yer a W1zzard, err, Harry? I don't think it would even have to be a complete port out. :)

The auto-update feature provided through the Store would be interesting, for sure. Though a bit of search over the Internet (I was too curious about it and I just had to do a little research :laugh: ) would indicate that using the Store wouldn't be possible for GPU-Z as it is now (a Win32 app).

Apparently you can "simply" package a Win32 app as MSIX and distribute it through the Store? Requires at least Windows 10 1809 as target, though, and since this is GPU-Z, it would still require elevation privileges. And from what it says on those pages, Microsoft won't allow the App to be submitted to the Store if elevated privileges are required for any part of the app to work. Kernel-mode drivers (if any are used) are simply not supported by MSIX. Also, app elevation and full-trust are restricted capabilities which always require Microsoft's approval, with full-trust required for all MSIX packages.

If GPU-Z went all UWP for this and needed one of the restricted capabilities (I imagine Elevation, Driver Access and maybe System BIOS and Firmware would be involved), it will require Microsoft's permission too. The page about capabilities says that Driver access will not be approved in most cases and Elevation is only available for apps deployed by enterprises through their own private Microsoft Store for Business.

And Minesweeper doesn't count. It's Microsoft's, after all ;)

EDIT: Whenever I say "Microsoft's approval/permission", it means that on top of the typical clearance required to publish something on the Store, the app will go through a more thorough review process.

Last edited:
Processor 3950x
Motherboard Asrock taichi x570
Cooling Nzxt x72
Memory 64gb gskill trident z 3600
Video Card(s) 980ti zotac
Storage Samsung Evo 970+
Display(s) Dell up2516d
Case Phantex enthoo luxe
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse Logitech mx master
Keyboard Logitech mx
Maybe the uwp is your opportunity to also redesign the app in a modern way. With Fluent Design through color, typography and acrylic materials. Would love that.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
The page about capabilities says that Driver access will not be approved in most cases and Elevation is only available for apps deployed by enterprises through their own private Microsoft Store for Business.
Yeah, not gonna happen then. Thanks for looking up all this information

Maybe the uwp is your opportunity to also redesign the app in a modern way. With Fluent Design through color, typography and acrylic materials. Would love that.
#metoo

Yeah, not gonna happen then. Thanks for looking up all this information
Shame, M$ really know how to screw devs and users alike...

Oddly enough, 'HP System Information' requires you to start it as an administrator to work, so...
Then again, if kernel-mode drivers won't work at all it's a lost cause, no?

And Minesweeper doesn't count. It's Microsoft's, after all ;)

Did you see all permissions required by the 'modern' Minesweeper? Jeez, these guys have really outdone themselves this time... :kookoo:

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
Oddly enough, 'HP System Information' requires you to start it as an administrator to work, so...
Then again, if kernel-mode drivers won't work at all it's a lost cause, no?

Some restricted capabilities are allowed only if you're someone like an OEM or a very important Microsoft partner. HP would be far more likely to get clearance for using those, since they would fit in that description.
*Edit: If the UWP app is sideloaded, i.e., not downloaded from the Store, you can forget about restricted capabilities. Sideloaded apps can be granted all of them without questions from MS, as long as Windows is set to allow sideloaded apps*

And yeah, you can't install kernel mode drivers through MSIX, you'd have to install them through a Win32 or MSI installer. If you want to bundle everything together, it's better to just stay with Win32.

Did you see all permissions required by the 'modern' Minesweeper? Jeez, these guys have really outdone themselves this time... :kookoo:

Well, yesterday I was wondering why the Xbox game bar would need location permission... It's sort of annoying...

Last edited:
Well, yesterday I was wondering why the Xbox game bar would need location permission... It's sort of annoying...
These days consumers are the new cattle. We are being bred for our money. Our location collection is twofold - it gives them better control over us, as well as more money for them.
The truth is out there.

WANLeader

Still can't find my Strix RTX 3090 24G OC Evangelion Edition gpu serial number. Brick without updates which require serial.