• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AZIO Launches Antimicrobial & Waterproof Keyboard/Mouse Line

AZIO, the company that created the popular Retro Classic Line, announced today the Antimicrobial & Waterproof Product Line. Building from the success of its Large Font keyboards, AZIO has taken account of the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and added features to combat these concerns.

As COVID-19 grips the world, the need for health and safety has grown immensely. For those who work in medical, industrial or food services where dirt, liquids or germs are a concern, antimicrobial products reduce the risk of cross-infection by inhibiting the growth of bacteria on the product. For those outside of these industries, the potential for exposure has increased significantly and the ability to wash an item is more important than ever.

With this in mind, AZIO created the new Antimicrobial & Waterproof line to help mitigate these health concerns. Each product is crafted with an antimicrobial agent to protect the product against the growth of harmful germs and bacteria. The silver ions in the antimicrobial agent have an affect on a wide range of microbes including gram-negative bacteria, gram-positive bacteria, and molds. Additional benefits include heat resistance, sustainability, and safety.

For an additional layer of safety, the products are also waterproof and washable. Rated at IP66, the housing seals the product's electronic board to protect it from water, spills, oils, and much more. Users can spray isopropyl alcohol, wipe with a strong cleaning agent or put it in the dishwasher. When accidents happen (and they always do), simply wash and apply soap to clean it with ease. In the end, the best way of keeping things clean and sanitary is to wash them.

The Antimicrobial & Waterproof Line includes the following four options:

KM535 - Waterproof & Antimicrobial Keyboard & Mouse Combo | 59.99 USD

• Antimicrobial Product Protection
  • IP66 Waterproof Rating
  • Quiet and Responsive Membrane Keys
  • Mouse with Enhanced Optical Sensor

MS530 - Waterproof & Antimicrobial Mouse | 29.99 USD

• IP66 Waterproof Rating
  • Enhanced 1000 DPI Optical Sensor
  • USB Plug & Play

KB530 - Waterproof Large Font Backlit USB Keyboard with Antimicrobial Protection (PC Version) | 45.99 USD

• IP66 Waterproof Rating
  • Large Font Keys (4X Larger than Standard)
  • 3 Backlight Colors
  • Full PC Compatibility

KB540 - Waterproof Large Font Backlit USB Keyboard with Antimicrobial Protection (Mac Version) | 45.99 USD

• IP66 Waterproof Rating
  • Large Font Keys (4X Larger than Standard)
  • 3 Backlight Colors
  • Full MacOS Compatibility

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
I was beginning to wonder how long it would be before something like these would show up..

Kudos to Azio for launching these at such reasonable prices, instead of attempting to take advantage of the pandemic & gouging the crap out of everyone....

If I was Mr. Fauci, I would immediately order gazilions of them & make it mandatory that all healthcare facilities in the US begin using them like yesterday :)

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I must be old, I like the large font. :laugh:

Processor Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard AsRock X570M Pro4
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 4 x 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT red 3000C15 @ 3800C16 Micron rev E
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 2070 mini
Storage Corsair MP510 1.92TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J592UQU 31.5" UHD + Fujitsu P19-2 19" 1280x1024
Case Jonsbo U3 mATX
Audio Device(s) ATH-M50
Power Supply Corsair SF600 600W SFX [currently RMAed]
Mouse Logitech G500
Keyboard QPAD MK-50 mechanical
Software Win10Edu_64
I was beginning to wonder how long it would be before something like these would show up..
This sort of thing is not new. I worked at the sterilization unit of a hospital for the past 7 months. They already have wipeable keyboards. They are like laptop chiclet keyboards with a rubber covering, eliminating crevices. Not great for typing, but you rarely need to do that in the areas where such equipment is used. And the mice are so barebones that they are wipeable as well without damage, normal 2 button with wheel affairs. They are not antimicrobial, but then again, that is not an issue. For one thing, antimicrobial is only for bacteria and not viruses or funghi. At hospitals, you wipe stuff down regularly with something like Kohrsolin or at least 70% alcohol and disinfect your hands regularly and everything is fine. These will not be used in hospital environments. I could see a use for internet cafes and similar things. Where many people use the same thing and are not trained to adhere to hygenic practices.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes