• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Launches All-New ZenBook 13 (UX325) and ZenBook 14 (UX425)

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ASUS today launched ZenBook 13 (UX325) and ZenBook 14 (UX425), which are thinner and lighter than the previous generation that offers power on the go with versatile connectivity. The compact four-sided NanoEdge display offers a 90% screen-to-body ratio for immersive visuals, with the option of an ultra-low power 1-watt display that maximizes battery life. The user experience is also fully updated, featuring ASUS NumberPad 2.0, up to 22 hours battery life, a new edge-to-edge keyboard design, ErgoLift hinge mechanisms, and IR cameras for fast face-recognition. It's also equipped with the latest 10th Generation Intel Core processor and up to 8 GB RAM, up to 512 GB PCIe 3.0 x4 SSDs, and the latest WiFi 6 (802.11ax) for a faster and smoother performance.

The latest ZenBook Classic series offers two screen sizes. There's the ultralight ZenBook 13 for the ultimate travelers and the Zenbook 14 for those who prefer a larger screen. Both models are designed for effortless portability and a compact and elegant all-metal chassis that's a mere 13.9 mm thin. ZenBook 13 and 14 are also power efficient and a perfect match for today's on-the-go lifestyle.

The stylish new design of ZenBook 13 and 14 is enhanced by two new timeless color options. Pine Grey is a glossy shade that professionally stands out and features a special off-center version of the iconic ZenBook spun-metal finish. Lilac Mist embodies a subtle touch of high-end luxury with its elegant and modern matte shade. A great match for the classic ZenBook spun-metal finish.

Unrivaled I/O
ZenBook 13 and ZenBook 14 are the thinnest laptops in their class to offer uncompromised I/O capabilities. Both laptops are just 13.9 mm thin but uniquely for its size it still includes full-size HDMI and USB Type-A ports, two high-speed Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports, and a microSD card reader for easy mobile data transfer. No other current 13.3-inch or 14-inch laptop offers all these I/O ports in such a thin design.

The two Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports - with their convenient any-way-up connectors - support fast charging, up to two 4K UHD external displays for an expanded visual workspace, and up to 40 Gbps data speeds for ultrafast file transfers.

ZenBook 13 and 14 also support the new ASUS USB-C Easy Charge feature, which allows them to be conveniently charged from a wide range of standard USB-C chargers. USB-C Easy Charge allows users to enjoy ultrafast charging with any USB-C Power Delivery-certified charger, such as the bundled 65-watt charger, or charge at slower rates when wall sockets are unavailable using airline chargers, portable chargers or power banks.

Ergonomic design
ZenBook 13 and ZenBook 14 have bright and clear four-sided NanoEdge displays, with slim bezels that create a 90% screen-to-body ratio for a more immersive viewing experience. An optional low-power 1-watt display delivers 450 nits of brightness, while maximizing battery life.

The new edge-to-edge ergonomic keyboard design increases the size of the keyboard for a more comfortable typing experience. It also creates space for an extra set of useful function keys at the right-hand side of the keyboard. For typing comfort, the ErgoLift hinge automatically tilts the keyboard to the optimum typing angle when the lid is opened. This action also creates space under the laptop for extra cooling airflow.

For easy data entry, there's the ASUS NumberPad 2.0, which is a dual-function touchpad with an integrated LED-illuminated full-size numeric keypad. Simply tapping the icon on the touchpad turns the NumberPad on and off.

An integrated infrared (IR) camera located on the top bezel makes password-free face login fast and easy with Windows Hello. It also works in dim lighting conditions, which makes accessing the ZenBook 13 and 14 easier and faster in various settings.

Superb performance
ZenBook 13 and ZenBook 14 harness the power of the latest 10th Generation Intel Core processors - all the way up to the Core i7 series. These processors deliver faster, smoother, and more responsive performance than the previous generation. They are paired with up to 8 GB of high-speed RAM to help users do their daily tasks.

The laptops also have some of the fastest solid-state storage available, with up to 512 GB PCIe 3.0 x4 SSDs. With the latest WiFi 6 (802.11ax) users can enjoy wireless speeds that are up to 3X faster than WiFi 5, with 4X more network capacity and up to 75% lower latency.

Availability and Pricing
ASUS ZenBook 13 (UX325) and ZenBook 14 (UX425) is now available at MSRP $799.99 USD and $899.99 USD.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor 5900x
Motherboard Crosshair 8 Impact
Cooling Air
Memory Hynix C-Die 3200MHz @CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Lots
Display(s) Many
Case Something that protects my innards
Power Supply Seasonic 850FX gen2
These reminded me of the legends that were Sony Vaio Pro 11 and 13. Of course the biggest advantage Sony had back then, for me, was the option to add a full size second battery. Easily had 20 hours of full use battery life on a 4200U on Linux. Hopefully these will be as good, as I simply haven't found a replacement to my Vaio Pro 11 still.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Come on it's 2020, still just 8 GB of RAM ?

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Processor 3700X
Motherboard X570 TUF Plus
Cooling U12
Memory 32GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX970
Storage 512GB 970 Pro
Case CM 500L vertical
These reminded me of the legends that were Sony Vaio Pro 11 and 13. Of course the biggest advantage Sony had back then, for me, was the option to add a full size second battery. Easily had 20 hours of full use battery life on a 4200U on Linux. Hopefully these will be as good, as I simply haven't found a replacement to my Vaio Pro 11 still.

Ah, for me, it's the Vaio S13 (predecessors of the Pro 13, with an extra Nvidia dGPU :D). Only ~10 hours of battery life (internal + slice battery), but it maintained that for almost 7 years before the display finally gave out :(.

The current Vaios are a rather sad and pale comparison, against the legacy of Vaios past. They are trying to get away with 36Whr batteries in their 14" laptops nowadays, lol.

There's something unsettling about a "zen"book running Intel CPUs. Especially with how much better Ryzen 4000 is right now.

The ram is on board meaning soldered on the mobo. This has always been my biggest complaint with zenbooks. If it had a 16gb option then it would be my go to laptop, but no upgrade path is useless.