• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Arm China Goes Rogue, Ex-CEO Blocking the Business

System Name Fractal
Processor Intel Core i5 13600K
Motherboard Asus ProArt Z790 Creator WiFi
Cooling Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory 16GBx2 G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 DDR5 6000 CL30-40-40-96 (F5-6000J3040F16GX2-RS5K)
Video Card(s) PNY RTX A2000 6GB
Storage SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GK950F-B (34"/IPS/1440p/21:9/144Hz/FreeSync)
Case Fractal Design R6 Gunmetal Blackout w/ USB-C
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless/Klipsch Pro-Media 2.1BT
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 850w 80+ Titanium
Mouse Logitech G700S
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows 11 Pro
Well what could be a potentially delicious and violent discussion about forcibly removing an ex-ceo, has devolved into a political discussion, JFC people, the OP of the meme should get a vacation for starting it. :shadedshu: :shadedshu: :shadedshu: :shadedshu: :shadedshu: :shadedshu: :shadedshu: :shadedshu:

just close this damn discussion.

Are you working for the CCP? :p SILENCE THE DISSENT

I wonder what the employee's in China, that aren't China nationals, think about this. What a situation to be put in.

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
actually, it's MIPS they've been using, not ARM.

And can we cut the OT Trump dialog?

Agree with you. One can see the amazing result of media conditioning. People not even gonna bother to read the article to make a haste conclusion.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
........We've been getting sold out for 40 years........

At least since 1979 when the first trade deal/agreement was made between the US and China.

Point:
You don't go from fighting a country for decades to being "Friends" in just 4 short years. The Vietnam war ended in 1975 and the Chinese had been sending troops in against us (U.S.) all that time and earlier in the Korean war. In both conflicts Chinese soldiers were well involved..... But we weren't "Officially" at war with them at any time.
Eversince China was taken over by the CCP in 49 they have been at odds with the rest of the world in some form or another. This is just the latest move, undoubtedly backed and sanctioned by the CCP as part of it's plan of "Manifest Destiny".

Make of it what you will but I already know to never trust China.

System Name Main
Processor 8700K
Motherboard Maximus Hero X
Cooling EVGA 280 CLC w/ Noctua silent fans
Memory 2x8GB 3600/16
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080TI Hybrid
China being allowed to join the World Trade Organization in 2000 caused a massive landslide of manufacturing capacity from the US to China. Bill Clinton sold us out on that one, and there were a lot of greedy and foolish politicians who did too. We literally allowed a country with slave labor practices to take over most of our manufacturing base, while all the people getting filthy rich from it all were telling us it was a great move for America to lose it's manufacturing base and become a service economy only. So is Trump that bad? no, and maybe if we're very lucky in a few years then most PC parts/medical equipment manufacturers might be able to start up mfg plants in the west so we dont' have to depend on a communist dictatorship for parts or medical supplies anymore.

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
System Name Whaaaat Kiiiiiiid!
Processor Intel Core i9-12900K @ Default
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Elite AX
Cooling Corsair H150i AIO Cooler
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA @ Default
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512GB + Crucial MX500 2TB x3 + Crucial MX500 4TB + Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Display(s) 27" LG 27MU67-B 4K, + 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P
Case Thermaltake Core X9 Snow
Audio Device(s) Logitech G935 Headset
Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum 1050W Snow Silent
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXV: 19329
even if they do steal IP and split, wouldn't the main ARM company just keep making better IP while the china one runs out of the old design? I don't know how it works but arm UK or US doesn't have to keep sharing new tech right? so wouldn't the china version just become obsolete over time?

Last edited:
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
maybe if we're very lucky in a few years then most PC parts/medical equipment manufacturers might be able to start up mfg plants in the west so we dont' have to depend on a communist dictatorship for parts or medical supplies anymore.
It was really stupid of us to move the manufacturing of medical equipment to other countries. Everyone knows how when COVID-19 started the infighting among the various countries started as well. Everyone was scrambling for masks, gloves, and other various PPE along with ventilators which a vast majority of the manufacturing was moved to China which just so happened to be the country that started this whole freakin' mess to begin with.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, a country that doesn't produce its own stuff is a country that's beholden to other countries. All it would take is a trade deal to go wrong and your country is screwed.
wouldn't the main ARM company just keep making better IP while the china one runs out of the old design?
And who's to say that China won't steal more?

The whole world needs to come down HARD on China with sanctions so bad that their great grandchildren will feel it.

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
System Name Whaaaat Kiiiiiiid!
Processor Intel Core i9-12900K @ Default
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Elite AX
Cooling Corsair H150i AIO Cooler
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA @ Default
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512GB + Crucial MX500 2TB x3 + Crucial MX500 4TB + Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Display(s) 27" LG 27MU67-B 4K, + 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P
Case Thermaltake Core X9 Snow
Audio Device(s) Logitech G935 Headset
Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum 1050W Snow Silent
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXV: 19329
It was really stupid of us to move the manufacturing of medical equipment to other countries. Everyone knows how when COVID-19 started the infighting among the various countries started as well. Everyone was scrambling for masks, gloves, and other various PPE along with ventilators which a vast majority of the manufacturing was moved to China which just so happened to be the country that started this whole freakin' mess to begin with.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, a country that doesn't produce its own stuff is a country that's beholden to other countries. All it would take is a trade deal to go wrong and your country is screwed.

And who's to say that China won't steal more?

The whole world needs to come down HARD on China with sanctions so bad that their great grandchildren will feel it.
would sanctions even matter with them anymore? we don't want war and don't want to hurt our economy even more, I don't care for politics, but isn't it true that we need them more than they need us?

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
would sanctions even matter with them anymore? we don't want war and don't want to hurt our economy even more, I don't care for politics, but isn't it true that we need them more than they need us?

In the short term. We only need then as long as it takes to spin up manufacturing. Depends on how hard we want to shoot for it. Frankly, I would almost support another massive loan from China just to kick the process off. Also a mid term solution for unemployment.

even if they do steal IP and split, wouldn't the main ARM company just keep making better IP while the china one runs out of the old design? I don't know how it works but arm UK or US doesn't have to keep sharing new tech right? so wouldn't the china version just become obsolete over time?
Why wouldn't they improve on what they have?
This is going to be a big incident. It would be interesting to see how this plays out. If CCP explicitly supports this man, will/can anyone actually do anything, aside from some heated speech?

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
In the short term. We only need then as long as it takes to spin up manufacturing. Depends on how hard we want to shoot for it. Frankly, I would almost support another massive loan from China just to kick the process off. Also a mid term solution for unemployment.

This is a problem that won't be solved quickly.

For example, they have the means and know how to manufacture ball bearings - We do not and as far as I know ATM we don't even know how to do it anymore either. Even if we still know how there's the issue of the facilities, machines, training the workforce to do it and so on to deal with.

That tech was sent overseas to them along with practically everything else they didn't steal, the facilities and so on disappeared (No longer needed at the time) and we're now in a dependent state of being..... Just as the CCP had planned all along.

It's simple fact - You don't manufacture and sell, you don't thrive and that was something the CCP learned long ago and manipulated things in their favor over time, hence the current situation.

System Name boomer--->zoomer not your typical millenial build
Processor i5-760 @ 3.8ghz + turbo ~goes wayyyyyyyyy fast cuz turboooooz~
Motherboard P55-GD80 ~best motherboard ever designed~
Cooling NH-D15 ~double stack thot twerk all day~
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP ~memory gone AWOL~
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 ~*~GOLDEN EDITION~*~ RAWRRRRRR
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Display(s) ASUS VW246H ~best 24" you've seen *FULL HD* *1O80PP* *SLAPS*~
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Power Supply 850W EVGA SuperNova G2 ~hot fire like champagne~
Mouse CM Spawn ~cmcz R c00l seth mcfarlane darawss~
Keyboard CM QF Rapid - Browns ~fastrrr kees for fstr teens~
Software integrated into the chassis
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
The CCP’s “plan,” lol. The US willingly gave away all of those jobs. I have no love for China but let’s not pretend this situation wasn’t willful, deliberate decision making on multiple other actors parts.

More, China had produced more steel than the rest of the world had in its entire history by the early 2000’s. Sure, on the backs of ostensibly slave labor, but they’re a producer, and capitalist par excellence (re: China is uniquely bad, see every other rapid industrialization).

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
This is a problem that won't be solved quickly.

For example, they have the means and know how to manufacture ball bearings - We do not and as far as I know ATM we don't even know how to do it anymore either. Even if we still know how there's the issue of the facilities, machines, training the workforce to do it and so on to deal with.

That tech was sent overseas to them along with practically everything else they didn't steal, the facilities and so on disappeared (No longer needed at the time) and we're now in a dependent state of being..... Just as the CCP had planned all along.

It's simple fact - You don't manufacture and sell, you don't thrive and that was something the CCP learned long ago and manipulated things in their favor over time, hence the current situation.

Not disagreeing either. But look what we had before 1941. Look what we had in 1945.

We won't even get into rare earth metals.

Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
The US willingly gave away all of those jobs.
No doubt, our politicians and CEOs sold this country down the river.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
The CCP’s “plan,” lol. The US willingly gave away all of those jobs. I have no love for China but let’s not pretend this situation wasn’t willful, deliberate decision making on multiple other actors parts.

Also this. The American consumer wanted cheaper and the American shareholder wanted more profit. It was an 'amicable' necessary evil at the time.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7

More, China had produced more steel than the rest of the world had in its entire history by the early 2000’s. Sure, on the backs of ostensibly slave labor, but they’re a producer, and capitalist par excellence (re: China is uniquely bad, see every other rapid industrialization).

They don't do anything without a reason behind it.
The Chinese aren't dumb, CCP or otherwise - Can't say the same however for the business leaders here along the way.

You are correct in that those jobs were given away willingly, that's true but they also had to convince the owners (Businessmen) they would want to.
And of course they did.

Those guys coudn't see anything past the $$ signs thrown in their face and the CCP knew that would be the case when they did it.
So here we are.

Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
The American consumer wanted cheaper and the American shareholder wanted more profit.
All because people wanted cheap shit on Walmart shelves. You can't drive the price down lower yet maintain a proper profit margin.

Take an average broom, yes... a broom. You know, that think you use to sweep the floor with. A cheap Chinese broom costs $10. How long will it last until the bristles have turned to crap? Meanwhile, if you had bought an American-made broom you're probably going to pay more for it but in the end, you'll probably be passing it down to your children decades later.

Processor 9700K
Motherboard Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac
Cooling Alpenfohn Black Ridge
Memory 32GB Micron VLP 18ADF2G72AZ-3G2E1
Video Card(s) 3090 FE
Display(s) Samsung G9 NEO
Case Formd T1
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Just image what will happen if the whole US, and the rest of the world protests against companies that do business with China.... The smart companies already started moving out of china long before the covid crisis. Now bills are being put through to fine corporations that use slave labor. China's days of making bank off the rest of the world are coming to an end sooner or later.

Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Processor 9700K
Video Card(s) 3090 FE
Case Formd T1
Also this. The American consumer wanted cheaper and the American shareholder wanted more profit. It was an 'amicable' necessary evil at the time.

This wasn't really driven by the american consumer. It was driven by the 1%. Those who benefited the most from this are the CEO's and VIPs, all who's salaries went up exponentially over the years. Instead of making $100,000's they make millions, and get golden parachutes when they ruin companies...

Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
This wasn't really driven by the american consumer.
You can't sit there and tell me that the average Walmart shopper didn't contribute something.

Processor 9700K
Video Card(s) 3090 FE
Case Formd T1
You can't sit there and tell me that the average Walmart shopper didn't contribute something.

They aren't the ones who put things in motion. I guess you can say that every consumer who buys anything also contributed. but there is no choice, since nothing is made in the US anymore but military stuff.

The person who shops at walmart buy's cheap chinese stuff. The person who shops at an upscale store buys expensive chinese stuff w/ a better name brand slapped on it. Sometimes you get better quality by corporations that enforce better QC, but it's all the same crap pretty much.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
This wasn't really driven by the american consumer. It was driven by the 1%. Those who benefited the most from this are the CEO's and VIPs, all who's salaries went up exponentially over the years. Instead of making $100,000's they make millions, and get golden parachutes when they ruin companies...

I'll disagree with you there and concede it isn't 50/50. But consumers share some fault between 20-40%.

Just image what will happen if the whole US, and the rest of the world protests against companies that do business with China.... The smart companies already started moving out of china long before the covid crisis. Now bills are being put through to fine corporations that use slave labor. China's days of making bank off the rest of the world are coming to an end sooner or later.
That's overly optimistic...however Americans on average are overly fat and lazy.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7

Problem is Wal-Mart came to town and shut 'em all down, as in anyone that was competition to them.

Where I used to live we had two grocery stores that had been in business for years, knew the owners of both and so did everyone else. Wal-Mart opened up in the next town over and it wasn't long before both were gone.
You can blame the shoppers (True) but at the same time you can't blame them for wanting something that was cheaper.
It was the same for the local clothing store, general retail (Western Auto) and almost everyone else afterwards.