• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mad Catz Announces Shipping of R.A.T. 8+ ADV High-Performance Gaming Mouse

Mad Catz Global Limited, the leading innovators in gaming hardware, is excited to announce that highly anticipated R.A.T. 8+ ADV high-performance mouse is now shipping. A flagship product in the R.A.T. range, the R.A.T. 8+ ADV features a wealth of uniquely customizable components and best-in-class technology designed for the competitive gamer and engineered to bring out the very best in gamers' abilities.

Featuring the top-of-the-range Pixart PMW 3389 PRO optical sensor, the R.A.T. 8+ ADV blows the competition away, able to perform at an extreme 20000 DPI with movement speeds of up to 400 inches per second, and 50G of acceleration. The R.A.T. 8+ ADV includes high-durability switches, providing a life expectancy of more than 60 million clicks, ensuring that your gaming mouse never lets you down in the heat of the battle.

The ability to adjust and customize the R.A.T. to suit the users' personal preference, has long been a stand out feature of the range, and the R.A.T. 8+ ADV delivers in a jaw-dropping fashion. Powerful Mad Catz software works in harmony with the mouse, allowing every aspect of the sensor, button configuration, and lighting to be tweaked, adapting to the gamers' preferred playstyle instead of the other way around. Players can assign complex macro commands with timing accuracy to 1/2000th of a second to any of the programmable controls.

The R.A.T. 8+ ADV features a host of features engineered for gamers at the top of their game:

• Palm Rest: Whether your grip is palm, claw, or fingertip, the R.A.T. 8+ ADV can quickly adapt by adjusting in length to suit your gaming style.
  • Thumb Rest: Moving along two axes, gamers can find the ideal position for their thumb to rest during the battle, improving comfort and reaction times.
  • Extra parts: R.A.T. 8+ ADV comes with 2 pairs of swappable palm rests and pinkie rest, including anti-slip Palm Rests and Pinkie Rests to further enhance your grip.
  • Barrel Scroll: The R.A.T. 8+ ADV features a unique scrollable barrel component situated on the top of the mouse. With Barrel Scroll, FPS games take on a whole new life, with easier leaning and sharper controls when evading the enemy or assisting a teammate.
  • Precision Aim: Increase or decrease the sensor or cursor speed with a single button press, ideal for snipper modes and smashing that perfect shot!
  • Weight: Bin the bulk and tailor your mouse to your preferred weight via a series of removable weights included in pack. Alter the weight of your mouse depending on the genre of game you are playing or the length of time played, reducing fatigue and increasing accuracy.
  • Chameleon RGB Lighting: Bath your gaming environment in mesmerizing light. Customize your lighting environment, choosing between millions of colors and even apply patterns such as breathing and pulse if static lighting isn't your thing!
  • High-Quality Coating: Featuring a striking red-gloss-coating, the R.A.T. 8+ ADV is made to be seen and feels addictively tactile during play

The R.A.T. 8+ ADV was recognized earlier this year at the highly prestigious Red Dot Awards, winning 'Product Design Award 2020' for its unique design, unrivaled adjustability, and premium specification. Tested against more than 6,500 products, the R.A.T. 8+ ADV emerged victorious for its craftsmanship and innovative design.

R.A.T. 8+ ADV Product Video:

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
400 inches per second, and 50G of acceleration

seriously... is this level of performance REALLY necessary or even relevant to a rodent ????

So this means that I could now traverse a 40" monitor in 1/10th of a second and get the thrill of experiencing 15x the g-forces of launching off an aircraft carrier in a fighter jet, all at the same time...

yee haw maw.... sign me up.....

n.O.t :(

seriously... is this level of performance REALLY necessary or even relevant to a rodent ????

Those spec are "maximum operating" condition. Having this kind of specification much higher than the typical usage is a mean of assuring it will never fail under any circumstances.
However, even half of those will be "sufficient" at any CPI setting.

System Name MacBook Pro 16"
Processor M1 Pro
Memory 16GB unified memory
Storage 1 TB
Who even buys anything from this crappy company? They're still living in 2006. The whole design language of their products is super cringe.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I can see where they get their design influence from.
View attachment 164024

1596205958221.jpeg

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro
That video :shadedshu:

I had the RAT 7 back in the day. The customization was quite nice, but the mouse just want comfortable to me. This look to be similar so I'd think it wouldn't be too comfortable either.

This is just the same mouse as r.a.t 7/8/8+ with a new sensor, everything else is the same. They are still using the flimsy side buttons that break.

System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Software Windows 10 64bit
Actually had to look them up since the last article I read about them was that they are going into bankruptcy. The seem to have came back sort of.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Actually had to look them up since the last article I read about them was that they are going into bankruptcy. The seem to have came back sort of.

By selling Saitek, yeah. Why they ever bought them is beyond me. It was like, GM buying Mercedez Benz or something.

By selling Saitek, yeah. Why they ever bought them is beyond me. It was like, GM buying Mercedez Benz or something.

No, they are not the same. The original Mad Catz Interactive US based company is bankrupt. This is a new company Mad Catz Global Limited based in Hong Kong made of the manufacturers of the old MAD Catz.