• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Unveils The MEG Aegis Ti5 Gaming Desktop featuring NVIDIA Ampere Graphics

MSI, the world's leading eSports gaming brand, announced the world's first NVIDIA Ampere series gaming desktop: MEG Aegis Ti5. With its futuristic design and the most up to date specifications in the industry, it is a must for players that want to enjoy 3A masterpiece games. MEG Aegis Ti5's built-in NVIDIA RTX 3080 graphics card and Intel Core i9-10900K processor can provide players with the smoothest and most delicate gaming images. MSI's exclusive Silent Strom Cooling 4 separates the air-chamber cooling to ensure that the system can run at high performance for a long time. The MEG Aegis Ti5 has the world's first gaming knob design, which allows players to easily control the MEG Aegis Ti5. The built-in Thunderbolt 3 technology helps players easily back up game records, and the 2.5G LAN and WiFi 6 network design provide players the smoothest network experience.

Gaming Knob

MEG Aegis Ti5 has the world's first gaming knob design. Through the LED knob on the front of the machine, players can quickly switch between different system performance settings and display system status. The gaming knob also functions as the start button of the game and defines an exclusive profile for the game. You can even set your desired performance, sound, lighting, and other functions through the MSI Dragon Center. Then you can easily start the game through the gaming knob, and link the exclusive configuration file. The gaming knob also has artificial intelligence technology that helps the system will detect its current location, then display local weather and temperature information accordingly on the gaming knob's LED panel.

Silent Storm Cooling 4

Silent Storm Cooling is a heat dissipation technology developed exclusively by MSI. The MEG Aegis Ti5 not only retains the original separation of the CPU and GPU PSU but also changed the layout of the motherboard to an upside-down design, giving the RTX 3080 a powerful performance. On top of having better airflow conduction, the VRM chamber design is added to the back panel, and an MSI exclusive Propeller FAN is added to the back of the motherboard to cool the VRM (Voltage Regulator Module) on the motherboard. All of these pragmatic features help the MEG Aegis Ti5 achieve the best system performance.

The Latest Connectivity

MEG Aegis Ti5 has Thunderbolt 3 transmission technology. Thanks to the transmission of up to 40 Gb/s that is 8 times faster than USB 3.2 Gen 1, users can quickly store 40 GB - 50 GB of 4K high-definition video. The network part of the MEG Aegis Ti5 uses the latest 2.5G solution and together with the 1G LAN, players can enjoy an excellent network experience without delay. The MEG Aegis Ti5 is also equipped with a WiFi 6 wireless network module with a transmission rate of up to 2.4G, matching the current Gigabits wired network so that players no longer need to worry about the configuration of the network cable.

Sound Tune - Noise Cancelling Technology

Faced with the current nature of online games, players often communicate with each other through voice devices. When noise interference occurs in the environment, it will greatly affect the communication between players. The MEG Aegis Ti5 aims to tackle this issue with the industry's first MSI Sound Tune technology. Through AI learning technology behind the program, the MEG Aegis Ti5 helps players filter the background noise of the environment, reduces the noise of the other players background, and provides players with clearer communication messages to win the game.

Specifications:

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor FX-8350 @4.6
Motherboard MSI 970A Gaming
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx 400
Memory 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) RX-570 4GB
Storage 120GB SSD + 2x 1TB Barracuda's
Display(s) Asus 24" 1080p
Case Custom vintage wooden crate
Audio Device(s) Neewer N700 mic + Edifier 2.1 speakers + Steelseries Siberia V2
Power Supply Cooler Master V650
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Corsair K70 w/ MX-reds
Software Windows 10
Looks like an outboard motor for your desk

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ

I was thinking moar like a pre-historic Transformer-ish congloberated clusterf*cked abortion gone bad, like, REALLY REALLY bad....

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
...I want to ride it. I bet the glowey circle shoots lasers. It better make all of the robot sounds though. Very dissappointed if they cheaped out on that.

It reminds me of an evil Claptrap. The BB-9E to Claptrap's BB-8, if you will. Also, I don't really think you can call a knob "innovative", they've been around for hundreds of years -- PLUS it opens them up to all the potential ridicule a word like knob possesses. Then there's the jive-y uptalk:

"Through this gaming knob, players can quickly and intuitively harness this gaming beast" = "Through this gaming knob, simpletons can perform basic software functions"

Hmm...I'm being overly bitchy today. Maybe I need a snickers or something.

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
My dinghy needs a new outboard engine, it will match my MSI laptop.

I have to say that this is the ugliest tower I've yet to see. This might win it for 2020, most ugliest tower award. Every year companies try to out-do others for the ugly award.