• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Launches World's Best Processor for Thin-and-Light Laptops: 11th Gen Intel Core

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Intel today unleashed a new era of laptop performance with the launch of its next-generation mobile PC processors and the evolution of its broad ecosystem partnerships that are propelling the mobile PC industry forward. New 11th Gen Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics (code-named "Tiger Lake") are the world's best processors for thin-and-light laptops with unmatched capabilities for real-world productivity, collaboration, creation, gaming and entertainment across Windows and ChromeOS-based laptops.

Leveraging Intel's new SuperFin process technology, 11th Gen Intel Core processors optimize power efficiency with leading performance and responsiveness while running at significantly higher frequencies versus prior generations. More than 150 designs based on 11th Gen Intel Core processors are expected from partners including Acer, ASUS, Dell, Dynabook, HP, Lenovo, LG, MSI, Razer, Samsung and others.

Intel also introduced the Intel Evo platform brand for laptop designs verified to the second edition specification and KEIs of the Project Athena innovation program. Based on 11th Gen Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics, devices featuring the Intel Evo badge are verified to be the best laptops for getting things done. More than 20 verified designs are expected this year.

"11th Gen Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics are a major leap forward in real-world processor performance and are the best laptop processors we have built," said Gregory Bryant, Intel executive vice president and general manager of the Client Computing Group. "From productivity and content creation to entertainment and gaming, when you pick a system powered by 11th Gen Intel Core - especially one of our new Intel Evo co-engineered and verified designs - you know you are getting the best laptop experience possible."

Introducing Intel Evo
Intel continues to lead the PC ecosystem in driving innovation across the platform to deliver the best computing experiences possible. The new Intel Evo platform brand represents the best laptops designed to help you focus and get things done no matter where you are. Based on 11th Gen Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics and verified to the second edition specification and key experience indicators of Project Athena under an intensified testing methodology, Intel and its co-engineering partners are once again raising the bar for laptop experiences.

By measuring workflows under real-world conditions for consistent performance and battery life together, Intel's unique testing and measurement methodology provides a preview into how a laptop will perform each day. Only the laptop designs that consistently meet or beat the KEIs and specification are verified to use the Intel Evo badge. KEI targets are minimums and include:
  • Consistent responsiveness on battery
  • System wake from sleep in less than 1 second
  • Nine or more hours of real-world battery life on systems with FHD displays
  • Fast charging with up to a four-hour charge in under 30 minutes on systems with FHD displays
Intel Evo platforms also feature best-in-class wired and wireless connectivity with integrated Thunderbolt 4 universal cable connectivity and Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+), as well as premium audio, webcam and display, all wrapped in sleek thin-and-light form factors for a premium experience. For highlights of the second edition target specification and the verification process, see the Intel Evo fact sheet.

11th Gen Intel Core Processors with Intel Iris Xe Graphics

11th Gen Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics are the world's best processors for thin-and-light laptops across both Windows and ChromeOS. They represent Intel's most ambitious system-on-chip (SoC), delivering more than a generational leap in performance and the best experiences for U-series laptops in productivity, creation, gaming, entertainment and collaboration. A broad range of integrated features fuel the best thin-and-light platforms available with optimized CPU, GPU, artificial intelligence (AI) acceleration, software optimization and platform capabilities that maximize real-world performance on the applications and features people use the most:
  • Rich collaboration: 11th Gen processors are the best for collaboration with more immersive and personal AI-enhanced experiences, including enhanced audio with CPU offload for background noise suppression via Intel Gaussian and Neural Accelerator 2.0 (Intel GNA), AI-accelerated background blur and video super-resolution, the latest video decode and integrated Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) - the best Wi-Fi technology for video conferencing - all on a thin-and-light PC.
  • Leadership productivity performance: More than 20% faster office productivity versus competitive products and on workflows that reflect how people use their laptops every day. Integrated Thunderbolt 4 capabilities also enable up to four ports for connecting to a universe of peripherals and single-cable access to fast-charging, external monitors and extended storage.
  • Advanced content creation: Up to 2.7x faster real-world photo editing and up to 2x faster real-world video editing versus competitive products, in addition to support for 8K HDR displays and up to four simultaneous 4K HDR displays.
  • Immersive entertainment: 11th Gen Intel Core processors are the first in the industry with hardware-supported Dolby Vision, delivering more immersive content experiences and improving system-level power by approximately 20% versus the previous generation, translating to more than an hour of additional video streaming on battery.
  • New gaming experiences: With up to 2x game performance over the previous generation, play Borderlands 3, Far Cry New Dawn, Hitman 2 and other popular game titles for the first time at 1080p on Intel's integrated graphics. Share your success with friends with ability to game plus stream more than 2x faster than competitive products. All of this on integrated Intel Iris Xe graphics and in a thin-and-light design.
"The new 11th Gen Intel Core processors with Iris Xe graphics are delivering incredible performance and responsiveness to enable Windows customers around the world to be more productive and have fun today and in the future," said Panos Panay, chief product officer at Microsoft.

"Based on extensive and deep collaboration between Intel and Google, we're able to optimize the user experience, and we are thrilled to be bringing the next-generation of Chromebooks to market powered by 11th Gen Intel Core," said John Solomon, vice president of ChromeOS.

Integrated and Optimized to Enable the Best Thin-and-Light Platforms
As detailed at Architecture Day 2020, new Willow Cove CPU and Intel Xe graphics architectures on Intel's new SuperFin process technology push the envelope on frequency - up to 4.8 GHz - improving power efficiency while enabling specialized compute engines, accelerators and software optimizations to be integrated on the SoC. 11th Gen Intel Core processors deliver the best combination of the innovative compute engines needed for real-life workloads, including:
  • New Intel Iris Xe graphics outperform 90% of the discrete graphics paired in this segment and offer up to 96 EUs and up to 16 MB of L3 cache.
  • The first instruction set for neural network inferencing on integrated graphics with Intel DL Boost: DP4a and the first with native support for INT8 data type, delivering up to 5x better AI performance.
  • Hardware-hardened security with integrated Intel Control Flow Enforcement Technology (CET) and Intel Total Memory Encryption.
  • Support for the high-performance AV1 CODEC that enables power-efficient support for 4K, even in constrained bandwidth environments.
  • The first with image processing solution enabling vision sensing and adaptive dimming.
  • Best-in-class Thunderbolt 4 connectivity, including support for up to four ports with universal cable connectivity for charging, data and video.
  • The first mobile client SoC with CPU-attached PCIe Gen 4 interface and with up to four lanes.
With scalable performance across the 7- to 28-watt thermal envelope, nine processor configurations across two package designs for form factor flexibility and up to 4.8 GHz turbo frequency, 11th Gen Intel Core processors provide the single core speed crucial for advanced workloads on thin-and-light laptops.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Ah EVO wonder why they couldn't come up with something else, anything more original :rolleyes:

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
Why are bold PR statements presented in the title of the news as if they were verified true facts?

Intel and Nvidia are on a role.

My next laptop will be either an 11th or 12th gen Intel i7 or i9 with a 3000 GPU.

so exciting.

You want a quad core? I agree a single Tiger Lake core is good, but only with lower prices and 6 cores will they be worth money.

System Name Budget Box
Processor Xeon E5-2667v2
Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Pro
Cooling Some cheap tower cooler, I dunno
Memory 32GB 1866-DDR3 ECC
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600XT
Storage WD NVME 1GB
Display(s) ASUS Pro Art 27"
Case Antec P7 Neo
While I am genuinely curious how these will actually perform (especially the iGPUs), I can’t help but notice the distinct lack of anything better than 4C/8T in the lineup, and the updated branding and a new OEM “partnership” program have me wondering if the Marketing Department was asked to save this product launch. EVO doesn’t look like anything all that special, but it will no doubt be a program designed to help OEMs sell machines at a premium while steering folks away from AMD’s offerings. There are still 2C/4T i3s in the lineup for Pete’s sake.

System Name Replicator
Processor Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard ROG Strix x470-i
Memory G-Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING

My next laptop will be either an 11th or 12th gen Intel i7 or i9 with a 3000 GPU.

so exciting.

The irony in this statement is hilarious. INTEL is barely "on a roll"...

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
The irony in this statement is hilarious. INTEL is barely "on a roll"...
They are on a roll, it was only last year they released the 9th generation, this year its 11th gen.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Intel, comparing a 28W part to a 15W part, with half the cores and using twice the power.

System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
Worlds best?
Might as well say MADE of GOLD too!

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
System Name [H]arbringer
Processor 4x 61XX ES @3.5Ghz (48cores)
Motherboard SM GL
Cooling 3x xspc rx360, rx240, 4x DT G34 snipers, D5 pump.
Memory 16x gskill DDR3 1600 cas6 2gb
Video Card(s) blah bigadv folder no gfx needed
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Case Xigmatek Elysium (whats left of it)
Audio Device(s) yawn
Power Supply Antec 1200w HCP
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww
Before you know it, it'll come with cocaine and hookers.
Given the 2B++ Intel has spent on co-marketing dollars this year... I would be unsurprised if that ship hasn't sailed.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95

so exciting.

I can't tell if that is sarcastic or serious. :wtf:

System Name Main / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X / Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard Strix B550i / B450i Aorus Pro
Cooling Lian-Li Galahad 360 / Wraith Spire
Memory Corsair LPX 2x16 3600MHz / HyperX Predator 2x8GB 3200MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 FE / ARC A380
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB / Sabrent Rocket 256GB
Display(s) Acer Z301c / 39" Panasonic HDTV
Case Corsair 2000D / Cougar QBX
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V379 / Realtek ALC1220
Power Supply Corsair SF600 / BeQuiet SFX Power 2 450W
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Drop Sense75 with WQ Studio Morandi's
VR HMD Rift S
Software Win 11 Pro 64Bit

so exciting.

On a roll? More like a stumble

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
The best processor for thin and light is one that is already limited, so then it can't thermal or power throttle. :kookoo:
At least the graphics are moving towards competing with APUs.