• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperX Introduces New Blue Light Blocking Spectre Eyewear Collection

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
HyperX, the gaming division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., today announced the HyperX Spectre Gaming Eyewear collection now includes three new families of glasses - Stealth, React and Scout. The HyperX Spectre Eyewear collection features exclusive HyperX gaming-grade, impact-resistant lenses that offer superior blue light and UV protection for gamers and individuals while viewing digital devices. Designed to meet a variety of style and screen viewing needs, the new gaming eyewear families offer a range of lens technology options, designs, colors, and sizes. The Spectre Scout family offers several youth options, designed for kids who game, as well as learn and study at home.

With 80 percent of people using digital devices more than two hours a day and nearly 67 percent using two or more devices simultaneously, research has shown that exposure to high energy blue light rays can cause eye fatigue, blurry vision and lack of sleep.1 The blue-light-blocking Spectre Eyewear is designed to help protect eyes from the short- and long-term effects of digital eyestrain and keep gamers' eyes comfortable during longer gaming sessions, or while working and learning on a computer, or scrolling on a phone.

"We are excited to introduce the new HyperX Spectre Eyewear collection with gaming lens profiles that are specific to HyperX," said Stephanie Winkler, strategic marketing manager, HyperX. "The clear lens profiles allow users to see every graphic and detail as they are intended to be seen with minimal color distortion, all while blocking harmful blue wavelengths of light. As more and more families and gamers are working and schooling remote, the versatile new Spectre Eyewear lineup provides digital eyestrain protection and transitions from gaming to the office to the couch and everywhere in between."

The HyperX Spectre Stealth models utilize thin-flex stainless steel metal temples, contouring injection tips and flex hinges for ultra-comfort and minimal pressure when paired with a headset. All models feature premium nylon lenses designed to reduce color distortion. The family of Spectre Stealth eyewear is available in three frame styles with three color options - black to red fade, black to crystal fade and satin black - to fit a range of eyewear needs.

The HyperX Spectre React lineup eyewear offers optional polarized clip-on sunglass lenses that seamlessly attach using magnets to help reduce glare and protect from 100 percent UVA, UVB and UVC rays. Spectre React includes crystal-clear polycarbonate lenses that minimize eyestrain caused by colored and blurry vision. The frame utilizes a lightweight and flexible design that auto conforms to various head shapes and features ultra-thin, flexible rubber temple tips for greater headset compatibility. The lineup offers multiple frame styles to choose from, with or without the sunglass clip option.

The HyperX Spectre Scout, youth collection, lineup features color-blocking accents in a classic design with blue, green or white colorways that are popular in the gaming culture. The Spectre Scout lineup features crystal-clear polycarbonate lenses that filter out blue light and reduce the effects of digital eyestrain. Spectre Scout eyewear also features a lightweight, sporty style frame with smaller profiles and uses textured temple tips to reduce slippage.

All Spectre React and Stealth eyewear comes with a hard case and a microfiber pouch and the Spectre Scout eyewear comes with a microfiber pouch.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Amusingly I have some HyperX sunglasses from CES a few years back.

They're actually decent, and the logo was very subtle.

It's amazing how cheap decent sunglasses actually are if you aren't held to ransom by Luxxottica

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I just read a study a couple days ago that actually showed there is no definitive evidence that blocking blue light actually does anything for sleep cycles. lol

not sure if its true or not, but eh

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
I just read a study a couple days ago that actually showed there is no definitive evidence that blocking blue light actually does anything for sleep cycles. lol

not sure if its true or not, but eh

Yeah, I read something similar as well. Don't think it was the same study as it was more than a few days ago, but they were saying that the downsides have more to do with the many hours a lot of people spend staring at a screen and not blinking

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Yeah, I read something similar as well. Don't think it was the same study as it was more than a few days ago, but they were saying that the downsides have more to do with the many hours a lot of people spend staring at a screen and not blinking

That makes more sense to me. lol

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
I think that requires a manual turn on though? Vast vast majority of windows users probably never look at settings once. We are a niche community, lol
It does, but it's a set-and-forget feature once you've configured it. I have it set to turn on at a specific time of day

I think that requires a manual turn on though? Vast vast majority of windows users probably never look at settings once. We are a niche community, lol

I mean that was the point.

Tbh, not to sound elitist, but being able to switch things like that hardly even qualifies one as "power user". After all MS has been working to make UI as accessible to as wide range of people as they can.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x8GB Kingston Beast Series DDR3 2133MHz CL11
Video Card(s) Asus STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
Storage Kingston HyperX 3K, 120GB
Display(s) AOC 2269WM
Audio Device(s) Behringer UCA202 USB
Power Supply Seasonic G Series 550W
Software Win 7 x64
The problem with this sort of product is that they usually claim it damages your eyes. Which is BS. The circadian rhythm stuff is plausible but like others stated all devices have built in blue light reduction. I see how if someone doesn't take care of those glasses and scratches them they could do actual harm to the eyes. But that is also true for sunglasses...

I'm kind of cursed with good eyesight. So when I see people who are not that smart wearing glasses, it does make them look much smarter. So now I can have the same advantage? Maybe I can buy a pair and ask for a promotion. They would probably pay for themselves. Sad but true.