• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Phanteks Announces Eclipse P360A Chassis

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Phanteks today introduces the new case to the Eclipse Series, the P360A. Like all other "A" edition chassis, the P360A features the Ultra-fine Performance Mesh front panel and also includes 2x 120 mm D-RGB PWM fans up front to provide high airflow performance.

The Phanteks Ultra-fine Performance Mesh front panel features 1 mm perforations, which balances exceptional airflow and effective dust filtration. Compatible with the new RTX 30 series cards, powerful gaming systems can be created in the P360A with support for the most powerful GPUs mounted horizontally or vertically with the optional Vertical GPU Bracket kit. Additionally, the P360A supports 240/280 radiators and has plenty of room for SSD and HDD storage.

The P360A is designed with a refined D-RGB light trim on the side. Like all of Phanteks' lighting products, this can be easily controlled with the integrated D-RGB controller that comes with software free pre-programmed lighting effects, or synchronized with compatible motherboards if desired.

The Eclipse P360A is the next gaming chassis with outstanding cooling and exceptional value.

Chassis:
  • Eclipse P360A Digitial RGB (Black) - $69.99 / €69,90 / £64.99
  • Eclipse P360A Digital RGB (White) - $69.99 / €69,90 / £64.99
Availability: October 2020

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Looks like this case has the potential to be the new budget champ.

In flipping pcs and used parts the p300 was my case of choice then replaced by the p300A.
I find these cases to be the perfect mix of value, aesthetics, build quality, performance, and ease of building.

I look forward to my next build in this case.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
No info on any front I/O, whazzuppwitdat ??

But att least the price is reasonable, so there's that :)

No info on any front I/O, whazzuppwitdat ??

But att least the price is reasonable, so there's that :)

It appears to be the same as all other p3xx cases.
Power button, reset button, led mode button, 2x usb 3.0, and 2x 3.5mm front audio

I missed it on first glance but it also appears it now has support for top radiators. The previous models only had a single 120/140 mount.

D

Deleted member 24505

Nice. I like phanteks, and love my evolv x

Does this fine mesh feature I keep seeing on cases really work with keeping out dust like a filter, or is this just a gimmick?

D

Deleted member 24505

Does this fine mesh feature I keep seeing on cases really work with keeping out dust like a filter, or is this just a gimmick?

imo gimmick, i don't see how it can keep dust out

Processor faster than yours
Motherboard better than yours
Cooling cooler than yours
Memory smarter than yours
Video Card(s) better performance than yours
Storage stronger than yours
Display(s) bigger than yous
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) clearer than yours
Power Supply more powerful than yours
Mouse lighter than yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
imo gimmick, i don't see how it can keep dust out
I have the P400A in my basement (basically the exact same front) and my basement gets a bit dusty especially when I worked from home over the spring & summer. I will say the front does a rather good job of keeping dust out as it collects dust like crazy on the outside but I was inside my PC installing a new SSD early last month and I didn't notice any dust.

D

Deleted member 24505

I have the P400A in my basement (basically the exact same front) and my basement gets a bit dusty especially when I worked from home over the spring & summer. I will say the front does a rather good job of keeping dust out as it collects dust like crazy on the outside but I was inside my PC installing a new SSD early last month and I didn't notice any dust.

Really. i would have thought small particles would get through it. I stand corrected

Processor faster than yours
Motherboard better than yours
Cooling cooler than yours
Memory smarter than yours
Video Card(s) better performance than yours
Storage stronger than yours
Display(s) bigger than yous
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) clearer than yours
Power Supply more powerful than yours
Mouse lighter than yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Really. i would have thought small particles would get through it. I stand corrected
so did I, I'm rather impressed with the front. I wish they made the back end of the case slightly sturdier and added 5mm to CPU clearance but I would recommend the cases none the less with one major caveat; the fans are loud, well made but loud. I found that to be the case (no pun intended) with all phanteks fans.

D

Deleted member 24505

so did I, I'm rather impressed with the front. I wish they made the back end of the case slightly sturdier and added 5mm to CPU clearance but I would recommend the cases none the less with one major caveat; the fans are loud, well made but loud. I found that to be the case (no pun intended) with all phanteks fans.

The main reason i got the evolv x i because it allows the use of a vertical GPU without losing use of the pci slots. I think all case makers could do the same.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Aww man, the Eclipse is such a good, classy budget chassis and the mesh variant just makes this better but it's still no good to me.

mATX is where it's at for budget builds. All the best budget boards are mATX and the eclipse layout and front panel is just begging for a compact version but Phanteks have a gaping void in their range there, just the Evolv as a (dated) mATX offering and they're equally bare on the mITX front too.

I still can't comprehend the appeal of tempered glass... Knowing all the risks these brands still continue to support it, instead of offering multiple side panel selection (TG, acrylic and solid), they specifically aim for the worst one in chances of exploding right in ya face. I know the faulty glass is a rare condition, but when it happens it's not fun at all to pull out tiny shards stuck in your hand.

The main reason i got the evolv x i because it allows the use of a vertical GPU without losing use of the pci slots. I think all case makers could do the same.

Isn't that how most cases put the vertical mount?
I've seen some cases where expansions slots are replaced with the vertical mount. This is done to increase the distance between the gpu and the glass and allow better airflow and lower noise

System Name ❶ Oooh (2024) ❷ Aaaah (2021) ❸ Ahemm (2017)
Processor ❶ 5800X3D ❷ i7-9700K ❸ i7-7700K
Motherboard ❶ X570-F ❷ Z390-E ❸ Z270-E
Cooling ❶ ALFIII 360 ❷ X62 + X72 (GPU mod) ❸ X62
Memory ❶ 32-3600/16 ❷ 32-3200/16 ❸ 16-3200/16
Video Card(s) ❶ 3080 X Trio ❷ 2080TI (AIOmod) ❸ 1080TI
Storage ❶ NVME/SSD/HDD ❷ <SAME ❸ SSD/HDD
Display(s) ❶ 1440/165/IPS ❷ 1440/144/IPS ❸ 1080/144/IPS
Case ❶ BQ Silent 601 ❷ Cors 465X ❸ Frac Mesh C
Audio Device(s) ❶ HyperX C2 ❷ HyperX C2 ❸ Logi G432
Power Supply ❶ HX1200 Plat ❷ RM750X ❸ EVGA 650W G2
Mouse ❶ Logi G Pro ❷ Razer Bas V3 ❸ Logi G502
Keyboard ❶ Logi G915 TKL ❷ Anne P2 ❸ Logi G610
Benchmark Scores I have wrestled bandwidths, Tussled with voltages, Handcuffed Overclocks, Thrown Gigahertz in Jail
With the white variant - do you guys prefer a white internal finish or happy with the way it is?

Personally I would have preferred all-white.

Love the P-series though!! £64.99 YAYYY!

I still can't comprehend the appeal of tempered glass... Knowing all the risks these brands still continue to support it, instead of offering multiple side panel selection (TG, acrylic and solid), they specifically aim for the worst one in chances of exploding right in ya face. I know the faulty glass is a rare condition, but when it happens it's not fun at all to pull out tiny shards stuck in your hand.

I can't comprehend the appeal of solid/acrylic panels... but evidently i'm not aware of any major risks and somewhat new to the tempered glass era. In what circumstances can we expect such hazards? Or is this something related to poor build quality or mounting pressure?

Last edited:
Is it like most cases and let down my lack of external USB 3 and C ports on the top? Cases should have 2 USb 2, 2 USB 3.2 and 1 USB C

I can't comprehend the appeal of solid/acrylic panels... but evidently i'm not aware of any major risks and somewhat new to the tempered glass era. In what circumstances can we expect such hazards? Or is this something related to poor build quality or mounting pressure?
I'm not an expert on glass machinery, but under few conducted conditions like thermal imbalance (your room is colder than the rig's or vice versa), too tightened screws, scratched glass, poor mounting mechanism (say your screw has a tiny gap that "sharp" dust could get around) or poor quality glass (iirc all TG come from a single factory in China), also shockwaves could cause this too, but that's very unlikely, unless you live in an area where crapton of storms occurs daily. Most common cases are either poor assembly or thermal imbalance.

As for acrylic/solid panel, it's more of a subjective preference, because I keep my PC under the desk with a full non-RGB setup.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
I'm not an expert on glass machinery, but under few conducted conditions like thermal imbalance (your room is colder than the rig's or vice versa), too tightened screws, scratched glass, poor mounting mechanism (say your screw has a tiny gap that "sharp" dust could get around) or poor quality glass (iirc all TG come from a single factory in China), also shockwaves could cause this too, but that's very unlikely, unless you live in an area where crapton of storms occurs daily. Most common cases are either poor assembly or thermal imbalance.

As for acrylic/solid panel, it's more of a subjective preference, because I keep my PC under the desk with a full non-RGB setup.
What the hell are you on about? You're thinking of plate glass. Tempered glass is safety glass that crumbles into little chunks without any jagged shards. The only downsides are that it can be damaged in shipping more easily than a metal side panel (that will just bend or dent and can usually be bent back into shape) and of course the added weight increases shipping costs for both the distributor to the seller and the courier charges from the seller to your house.

It certainly doesn't all come from a single factory in China either, it's produced all over the world and it's pretty easy to make since most of the time it's just 100% regular cheap glass with some basic fan-assisted cooling straight after coming off the rollers to ensure that the outside transitions to a solid before the middle of the sheet stops flowing as a liquid.

As for shockwaves, the idea that your tempered glass side panel would get shattered by a storm and yet somehow all of the regular glass windows, drinking glasses and things like mirrors and light fittings in your house don't is absolutely ridiculous, and wouldn't even be theoretically possible unless your PC case was completely airtight and the shockwave was so powerful that you'd have damaged eardrums. You're making stuff up that is well into the realm of tin foil hats - it's not grounded in basic physics, the most basic google search debunks it in the first result, and no common sense is being used.

Last edited: