• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Launches ExpertCenter D700SA Small Form Factor Desktop

ASUS today announced the launch of the ExpertCenter D700SA Small Form Factor, a sleek powerhouse desktop that's designed to deliver performance with a cutting-edge 10th Gen Intel Core processor, with up to 16 GB of DDR4 RAM and 512 GB of SSD storage. The D700SA also supports professional- grade graphics cards for those requiring advanced performance for demanding visual tasks. This business-focused design not only fits in any workspace but also ensures that work professionals have the efficient power, built in security, and the durability needed when getting the job done.

ExpertCenter D700 is a business focused design that streamlines your workspace by saving space, while also receiving consistent performance at a minimal noise level. This compact and flexible desktop features powerful performance that's powered by 10th Gen Intel Core processor, with up to 16 GB of DDR4 RAM, and up to three displays can be used simultaneously without adding an extra graphics card. It's also ready to connect with its full array of I/O ports to a wide range of business peripherals, and even has seven front-mounted USB ports — including the latest USB Type-C (USB-C ) ports for quick and easy access. Flexible serial and parallel ports on chassis leave more PCI slots available for additional upgrades. A smart-card reader and a SD card reader for an easy transaction, data transfer, or other business-related tasks.

Safe Solution with Built-In Security

To ensure safe and secure solutions, the ExpertCenter D700 will serve as the first line of defense against business disruptions. Geared toward security, the desktop comes with a Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) for data encryption, a Kensington Security Slot and Padlock Slot to prevent theft, and write controls to enable or disable USB devices or optical drives. ExpertCenter desktops is made to have sophisticated security features to keep your business and its future safe.

Reliable and Built to Last

To minimize the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) to your business, ExpertCenter D700 is designed to offer our users 100% reassurance for long-term usage. To achieve this goal, we choose world-leading components - delivering dependable quality and endurance. The solidity of the ExpertCenter D700 have also been tested to the most demanding industry requirements, which includes MIL-STD-810G US military standard and stringent ASUS in-house testing. Feel secure when around inevitable minor shocks and everyday workplace accidents, as it won't jeopardize the chance of losing reliable data.

Easy to Use and Manage

Designed to be hassle free, the ExpertCenter D700 is a tool-free chassis where you can open it up with no tools required. The HDD and ODD can also be easily pulled out with just fingers, which saves time and effort, making component upgrades and routine servicing easy. You also have the power to do more with a clever internal layout that gives maximum space for expansion. The internal steel case allows you to accommodate up to four storage devices, while PCIe slots enable the easy addition of graphics cards, WiFi connectivity, and extra I/O ports. You can also feel at ease with a 3 year Limited Service, Accidental Damage Protection and free repairs onsite so the maintenance is stress-free.

Preserve the Environment

Committed to creating a sustainable future, the ExpertCenter D700 adopts stringent environmental requirements at all stages of the product lifecycle and optimize energy use to lower your operating cost in the long term. To ensure a high-efficiency power supply, ExpertCenter D700 utilizes top-end capacitors. The power supply features 80 PLUS Platinum certification indicating minimum wasted energy, which results in less heat generation and long-term cost savings.

Specifications

Availability & Pricing

The ASUS ExpertCenter D700SA is now available in North America via Amazon & Staples starting at MSRP 700.00 USD.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel Core i5 8400
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370N-Wifi
Cooling Silverstone AR05
Memory Micron Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming 8G
Storage Micron Crucial MX300 275GB
Display(s) Dell U2415
Case Silverstone RVZ02B
Power Supply Silverstone SSR-SX550
Keyboard Ducky One Red Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro 1909
Hmmm when I see small form factor these days, I expect to see miniITX or something like the deskmini :p

I've never seen a prebuilt having more than four USB-A ports built in (not including those mounted into drive bays) like this.

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Looks like HP Prodesk clone, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I've never seen a prebuilt having more than four USB-A ports built in (not including those mounted into drive bays) like this.
For business/enterprise desktops it's a norm. I don't think I've ever seen an enterprise micro-ATX prebuilt with less than 4 rear USB ports.
Heck, I don't think I've seen a booksize sff (not thin client) with less than 4 USB-A ports on the rear, except my old Lenovo M73 Tiny.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
It's ridiculous that OEMs are still clinging to Intel...if there aren't Ryzen designs among OEMs in the coming months, I'm actually going to start believing the conspiracy theories

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Mouse Logitech G603
It's ridiculous that OEMs are still clinging to Intel...if there aren't Ryzen designs among OEMs in the coming months
OEMs do have quite a few Ryzen prebuilts. The issue is that retailers and distributors aren't there yet.

My current "ExpertCenter":

BU-12B 66 eur
i5-10500 205 eur
SX8200 512GB 72 eur
F4-3000C16D-32GISB 107 eur
H470M-ITX/ac 131 eur
ConnectX-3 30 eur

total 611 eur

And also have 3x 2TB SSDs inside this case.

All of this requires just ~24W at idle.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Six USB-A ports, a USB-C port, and 3.5mm audio.

See, if a cheap prebuilt can do it, why are high-end enthusiast cases costing hundreds of bucks lacking even a second USB-A port?

My current "ExpertCenter":

BU-12B 66 eur
i5-10500 205 eur
SX8200 512GB 72 eur
F4-3000C16D-32GISB 107 eur
H470M-ITX/ac 131 eur
ConnectX-3 30 eur

total 611 eur

And also have 3x 2TB SSDs inside this case.

All of this requires just ~24W at idle.
Prebuilts like this aren't about being cost effective, they're about being a minimum-effort box that some corporate IT guy can order a couple of hundred of in one go, and roll it out to Windows 7 users running Sandy Bridge or Core2 hardware. You can always beat prebuilts on price as long as you value your own time at zero cost.

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Mouse Logitech G603
total 611 eur
Don't forget to add another 100 for windows 10 license, and probably another 50 for WiFi card, accessories and peripherals, plus another 70+ for a decent SFF case not made out of aluminium foil.
The whole point of getting a prebuilt enterprise desktop is to take it out of the box, plug it in and use it. Most pre-builts cost less than parts, so for a typical consumer(non-enthusiast) it makes more sense to get one instead of building one. And if you run a business, and let's say, you need 20 computers? It took me a 4-5 hours to set up 20 ready-to-go AIOs for local "hobby shop" all while drinking coffee, eating pastries and chatting with secretary. How long will it take you to build 20 PCs, including setting up windows and software, and "pass on all savings onto the customer" for 16+ hours of labor?

Prebuilts like this aren't about being cost effective
Not these days. Heck, even Dell/Alienware and Clevo/Sager have become more wallet-friendly as far as I know.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Not these days. Heck, even Dell/Alienware and Clevo/Sager have become more wallet-friendly as far as I know.

They are direct sales with no retailer overheads and have the advantage of bulk-buy purchasing for economies-of-scale, yet as @randomUser just pointed out, they're still more expensive that something you or I can put together ourselves, even buying logisticially inefficient quantities of one and after paying additional overheads for the retailer middleman and his profits too.

Sure, prebuits are better than they used to be but they're still not particularly cost-effective compared to the DIY scene.

For business/enterprise desktops it's a norm. I don't think I've ever seen an enterprise micro-ATX prebuilt with less than 4 rear USB ports.
Heck, I don't think I've seen a booksize sff (not thin client) with less than 4 USB-A ports on the rear, except my old Lenovo M73 Tiny.
I forgot to mention that I'm referring to the front panel, as most machines out there would have 4 USB-A ports at most.