• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Announces K60 RGB Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
CORSAIR, a world leader in high-performance gaming peripherals and enthusiast components, today announced the launch of the new K60 RGB PRO, the first CORSAIR keyboard to feature CHERRY VIOLA keyswitches. Delivering an essential gaming experience without compromising on style or substance, the K60 RGB PRO is built with a durable aluminium frame, vibrant, per-key RGB backlighting, and new 100% German-made CHERRY VIOLA mechanical keyswitches, featuring smooth linear travel and reliable inputs to secure clutch victories when they matter most.

Equipped with new CHERRY VIOLA keyswitches, the K60 RGB PRO offers gamers the precision, feel, and reliability made possible by mechanical keyswitches. Created by CHERRY, the inventor of the mechanical keyswitch, the new VIOLA keyswitches utilize a patented self-cleaning V-Shape contact system and a two-stage, CrossLinear activation. The result is a smooth linear keypress and a satisfying fast reset ready to take on whatever your fingers can throw at it.

Topped by sturdy and stylish brushed aluminium, the K60 RGB PRO continues the CORSAIR legacy of streamlined looks and battle-tested durability. Vibrant dynamic per-key RGB backlighting, with custom keycaps for an enhanced underglow, illuminates your desktop in rich, customizable color. The K60 RGB PRO's full range of colors and RGB lighting effects are unlocked with CORSAIR iCUE software, synchronizing with all iCUE-compatible CORSAIR devices for spectacular system-wide displays. iCUE also offers in-depth personalization, such as key remaps and custom macro programming, to make K60 RGB PRO your own, while iCUE game integrations enable all iCUE compatible devices to dynamically react to in-game actions and events when playing select games.

The K60 RGB PRO also delivers a range of premium features that have long defined CORSAIR mechanical gaming keyboards. Full N-key rollover ensures that every keypress registers precisely as intended, and Windows Key Lock mode guarantees that you'll never interrupt your game at crucial moments. Convenient keyboard shortcuts control media playback, volume, and onboard lighting effects on-the-fly, keeping you focused and immersed.

Also set to join the K60 PRO lineup are the K60 PRO, which features the same CHERRY VIOLA keyswitches and single-color red LED backlighting, the K60 RGB PRO SE, which adds a premium magnetic detachable cushioned palm rest and wear-and-shine resistant PBT double-shot keycaps, and the K60 RGB PRO LOW PROFILE, which offers the lower 11.9 mm switch height and short actuation performance of CHERRY MX Low Profile RGB SPEED keyswitches. These three variants of the K60 PRO will launch in select regions and retailers over the coming months.

With an iconic brushed aluminium frame, 100% CHERRY mechanical keyswitches, and brilliant lighting, each K60 PRO keyboard is a stylish and strong choice to make you the key player in every game.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
Well, there's definitely not enough black, full sized keyboards available to consumers currently, and definitely not enough from corsair...

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Well, there's definitely not enough black, full sized keyboards available to consumers currently, and definitely not enough from corsair...
But, but... It's the first Corsair keyboard to feature these switches, so it makes it unique...

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
But, but... It's the first Corsair keyboard to feature these switches, so it makes it unique...

Haha, yeah, I suppose it's good cherry is addressing the budget market, but outemu, gateron, and others have already done that and done it quite well. Maybe it's just that I'm biased against corsair, especially their keyboards and I don't think they're anything special, especially considering that they incure the "corsair" tax on price. But that might also be do to the fact that you're talking to someone who enjoys blue/click switches with a lot of resistance, thinks red/linear switches are the worst typing experience possible and is slightly annoyed by those who think they somehow make them a more competitive "gamer". That, and I'm a fan of unique/different keyboards from smaller and "no name" brands that are preferably white and TKL or smaller (but always have to have arrow keys)

P.S. I've been a fan of your comments for a while now, and you've defended my comments in the past... Just wanted to share my appreciation

Interesting that Corsair isn't using the same keyset as the recently-released K100 (which, like the K60, also has a standard bottom row, unlike the previous K70/K95).

I wonder if there was a compatibility issue with the new switch. Despite the standard MX cross-stem, the exterior shape is different enough that the deep standard keycaps on the K100 might have clearance issues on the K60. It's the reason I can't use standard keycaps on my K70v2 low-profile, even excluding the non-standard bottom row.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Haha, yeah, I suppose it's good cherry is addressing the budget market, but outemu, gateron, and others have already done that and done it quite well. Maybe it's just that I'm biased against corsair, especially their keyboards and I don't think they're anything special, especially considering that they incure the "corsair" tax on price. But that might also be do to the fact that you're talking to someone who enjoys blue/click switches with a lot of resistance, thinks red/linear switches are the worst typing experience possible and is slightly annoyed by those who think they somehow make them a more competitive "gamer". That, and I'm a fan of unique/different keyboards from smaller and "no name" brands that are preferably white and TKL or smaller (but always have to have arrow keys)

P.S. I've been a fan of your comments for a while now, and you've defended my comments in the past... Just wanted to share my appreciation
Didn't try to defeat you, not saying you're wrong here either, it looks like a fairly typical keyboard overall.
I ended up backing Wooting and I have to say that I'm quite happy with the Wooting Two and the optical switches. The only Corsair keyboards I've ever really liked is the ones with the low-profile switches.
I guess that's the thing with keyboards, everyone has their own personal preference and some people don't seem to really care what they're typing on. My first love will always be Keytronic... :love:

Interesting that Corsair isn't using the same keyset as the recently-released K100 (which, like the K60, also has a standard bottom row, unlike the previous K70/K95).

I wonder if there was a compatibility issue with the new switch. Despite the standard MX cross-stem, the exterior shape is different enough that the deep standard keycaps on the K100 might have clearance issues on the K60. It's the reason I can't use standard keycaps on my K70v2 low-profile, even excluding the non-standard bottom row.
Aren't those PBT keycaps on the K100 though? I doubt they could make ABS keycaps in the same moulds.
At least both keyboards are using the same fonts for the keycaps, but even the number row has a different layout which is odd.

Last edited:
System Name Proper
Processor 5900X + OC
Motherboard GB X570s Elite AX
Cooling WC Heatkiller 3.0 LT
Memory G.Skill 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3070 Ti Trinity LC'ed + OC
Storage KC2500 1TB + A2000 1TB
Display(s) GB M32Q
Case Fractal Define R6 USB C
Audio Device(s) Creative AE-7 + Phonic AM120
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-850
Mouse Log G502 X LS
Keyboard Keychron K5 Opt.brown
And yet they still haven't made a wireless low-profile one...

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max
Cooling stock crap AMD wraith cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro RX580 8GBs
Storage Adata Gammix S11 Pro 1TB nvme
Case Corsair Caribide Air 540
We want a G613 clone from a company that doesn't use switches that break within a year.

Wireless, mechanical, months worth of battery, AA replaceable batteries, but quality switches and construction unlike Logitech's junk. How come no company is releasing such a model? Closest we've got is Corsair's K63, and that one has a both a non removable battery and ridiculous battery life. :-(

System Name ATLAS
Processor Intel Core i7-4770 (4C/8T) Haswell
Motherboard GA-Z87X-UD5H , Dual Intel LAN, 10x SATA, 16x Power phace.
Cooling ProlimaTech Armageddon - Dual GELID 140 Silent PWM
Memory Mushkin Blackline DDR3 2400 997123F 16GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX1060 OC 6GB (single fan) Micron
Storage WD Raptors 73Gb - Raid1 10.000rpm
Display(s) DELL U2311H
Case HEC Compucase CI-6919 Full tower (2003) moded .. hec-group.com.tw
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Music + mods, Audigy front Panel - YAMAHA quad speakers with Sub.
Power Supply HPU-4M780-PE refurbished 23-3-2022
Mouse MS Pro IntelliMouse 16.000 Dpi Pixart Paw 3389
Keyboard Microsoft Wired 600
Software Win 7 Pro x64 ( Retail Box ) for EU
We want a G613 clone from a company that doesn't use switches that break within a year.

Wireless, mechanical, months worth of battery, AA replaceable batteries, but quality switches and construction unlike Logitech's junk. How come no company is releasing such a model? Closest we've got is Corsair's K63, and that one has a both a non removable battery and ridiculous battery life. :-(

I have a friend computer builder here in Greece, he is not in position any more of him to recommend any keyboard this using switches.
Now I am thinking that any such a product with out 10 years offered warranty this worth 10 Euro retail as they do all no-name ones.

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
The only Corsair keyboards I've ever really liked is the ones with the low-profile switches.
Not at those prices, though. I've settled on Kailh Choc v1. Got me a cheap-ass Modecom Volcano Blade (pretty much a rebranded chinese TKL LP board, like all other Modecom products), and so far I'm more than happy with it. Just a comfy and relatively quiet keyboard with adjustable monochrome backlight that won't give you an epileptic seizure in the middle of the late-night gaming session. Heck, the only other low-profile TKL keyboard I can get locally is G915 TKL, but that's wa-a-a-ay out of my budget.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ

Well...they G613's I bought in early 2019 are still going strong, despite my unrelenting banging away at them for 10-12 hrs every day at work and home, and I have yet to change the batteries, which are Duracell's "best, longest-lasting" line of products....

The other 67 people in my team all use them too, and they have no complaints...

Not saying they are the best KB's out there, as I know there are betters ones available (albeit more expensive too) but the batch we got have been a blessing to our productivity :)

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member

The K60 PRO SE uses the same keycaps, which are PBT plastic with doubleshot injected legends. I have that here on me, but there are some issues with it that is keeping me from doing a review. More on that in due time when the review is published.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
just another keyboard, see nothing special about it tbh, keys are not even configurable ?. i would of been far more interested if just that was possible.

be nice to see more true gaming keyboards, for example rumble option :p. like OMG RGB is a thing but rumble keyboard :p.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
just another keyboard, see nothing special about it tbh, keys are not even configurable ?. i would of been far more interested if just that was possible.

be nice to see more true gaming keyboards, for example rumble option :p. like OMG RGB is a thing but rumble keyboard :p.
All keys are remappable

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

So great, we've got a Cherry switch that will likely still be more expensive than its probably better Chinese knockoffs :D

And yet they still haven't made a wireless low-profile one...

Or a solid scissor switch.... one of the most underrated switches IMO.

Typing on a Thinkpad equivalent board here and its god damn glorious, even for gaming. Short travel, tactile but not clicky, great resistance, mechanical, snappy feel... And very light typing. Its also great when you work with laptops in general, no awkwardness switching input devices during the day. I believe they also sell a wireless version of it. You also don't wake the rest of the house at night with key presses.

I'm never going back and I might buy another five to last me a lifetime. Maybe an optical switch once the jury is in on how they last long term... but good old mechanical has definitively gone byebye over here.

Last edited:

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Or a solid scissor switch.... one of the most underrated switches IMO.

Typing on a Thinkpad equivalent board here and its god damn glorious, even for gaming. Short travel, tactile but not clicky, great resistance, mechanical, snappy feel... And very light typing. Its also great when you work with laptops in general, no awkwardness switching input devices during the day. I believe they also sell a wireless version of it. You also don't wake the rest of the house at night with key presses.

I'm never going back and I might buy another five to last me a lifetime. Maybe an optical switch once the jury is in on how they last long term... but good old mechanical has definitively gone byebye over here.

Kailh CHOC mechanical switches and their scissor switches might be for you then.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Kailh CHOC mechanical switches and their scissor switches might be for you then.

Thx for pointing them out, will check