• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Porsche Design and AOC Gaming Announce Partnership

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Porsche Design and AOC have entered a partnership that combines Porsche Design's sophisticated and functional design philosophy with AOC's state-of-the-art display technology. Together they will bring exceptional gaming monitors to the market, developed for gamers looking for the highest performance while infusing their gaming stations dramatic style. The first ever Porsche Design AOC AGON gaming monitor will be launched in autumn 2020.

The Porsche Design brand is synonymous with exclusive lifestyle products, which stands for precision and perfection. The company's pure design philosophy is to optimize form and function by discovering new and innovative solutions. AOC is a subsidiary of TPV Technology, the largest LCD monitor manufacturer in the world. Thanks to its excellent, high performance and unique gaming displays from the AOC Gaming and the premium AGON lines, AOC holds the number one position in the global gaming monitor market.

The synergy of both companies, and their respective areas of expertise, will result in stellar products that shine in design as much as in functionality. The first ever Porsche Design and AOC gaming monitor will be launched worldwide in autumn 2020. With this strategic partnership, Porsche Design is entering a rapidly growing market segment - the global market volume of gaming monitors of 144Hz and above grew by 76% year over year at the end of 2019. The collaboration offers the exclusive lifestyle-brand access to a well-funded younger and more expansive target group with a strong community all over the world. Borrowing from an established history of motorsports, the monitors are a perfect transition from sports on the road to "sports" in the living room. For AOC it will be a stylish add-on to their broad history of design products, this time within the gaming portfolio.

"Porsche Design offers an exclusive range of consumer electronic products and gaming is one of the fastest growing markets in this sector. Gaming monitors perfectly fit into our portfolio of technically inspired lifestyle products and we are excited to collaborate with such a strong and well-established partner as AOC, one of the top global brands in the display market," says Jan Becker, CEO of Porsche Design.

"We are proud and excited about collaborating with such a fantastic partner like Porsche Design. Their design heritage goes perfectly with our state-of-the-art display technology. We believe together, thanks to our terrific and completely unique monitors, we can provide gamers all over the world with an unrivalled gaming experience," adds Nico Vernieuwe, SVP Branded Business at TPV Technology.

Further news about the upcoming Porsche Design monitors will be released in the near future.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Autumn 2020 is so two seasons ago. ;)

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Porsche design gets all over the place with tech. Blackberries, External hard drives, Bluetooth speakers, headphones....

Basically it seems like a really expensive way to add a logo and some brushed aluminium laminate to a cheap Chinese plastic product.

If people buy it (at often ridiculous cost) then I gues Porsche will keep milking them....

I noticed Porsche design are about to make a laptop. Looks nice, but I suspect it'll cost a cool $2-3K more than the sum of its parts because it has a Porsche logo on the lid.

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
I sure hope it's not gonna end up the same as "Acer Ferrari" from back in a day :slap:

System Name LenovoⓇ ThinkPad™ T430
Processor IntelⓇ Core™ i5-3210M processor (2 cores, 2.50GHz, 3MB cache), Intel Turbo Boost™ 2.0 (3.10GHz), HT™
Motherboard Lenovo 2344 (Mobile Intel QM77 Express Chipset)
Cooling Single-pipe heatsink + Delta fan
Memory 2x 8GB KingstonⓇ HyperX™ Impact 2133MHz DDR3L SO-DIMM
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics™ 4000 (GPU clk: 1100MHz, vRAM clk: 1066MHz)
Storage SamsungⓇ 860 EVO mSATA (250GB) + 850 EVO (500GB) SATA
Display(s) 14.0" (355mm) HD (1366x768) color, anti-glare, LED backlight, 200 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 300:1 co
Case ThinkPad Roll Cage (one-piece magnesium frame)
Audio Device(s) HD Audio, RealtekⓇ ALC3202 codec, DolbyⓇ Advanced Audio™ v2 / stereo speakers, 1W x 2
Power Supply ThinkPad 65W AC Adapter + ThinkPad Battery 70++ (9-cell)
Mouse TrackPointⓇ pointing device + UltraNav™, wide touchpad below keyboard + ThinkLight™
Keyboard 6-row, 84-key, ThinkVantage button, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, LED backlight (PT Layout)
Software MicrosoftⓇ WindowsⓇ 10 x86-64 (22H2)
But but...haven't they been launching monitors in partnership for a while now? They have!
I remember seeing bog-standard 1080p panels fitted into snazzy encolsures+stands costing as much as 16:10 99% sRGB IPS panels for a while now... :wtf:
(...) it seems like a really expensive way to add a logo and some <common detail between products> to a cheap Chinese plastic product.
(...) I suspect it'll cost a cool $2-3K more than the sum of its parts because it has a <distinct brand> logo on the lid.
> What is Supreme?