• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ubisoft Announces Ubisoft Connect, Retires UPlay

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Ubisoft Connect will be the new universal home for all Ubisoft in-game services, activities, and communities on all platforms. Everything you've used Uplay and Ubisoft Club for in the past will be refreshed, expanded, and merged into Ubisoft Connect starting October 29, which coincides with the launch of Watch Dogs: Legion. Designed for the next generation of gaming and beyond, Ubisoft Connect is just the beginning of Ubisoft's commitment to making cross-platform features standard in the future. That includes cross-platform progression on games like Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and Riders Republic.

"Next-generation gaming goes beyond technological improvements and better graphics," says Vice President of Online Services Stephanie Perotti. "To us, as a creator and publisher, it is about bringing more fluidity and versatility to the experience, to have the freedom to play games on whatever device and with whoever you want. Ubisoft Connect is our take on a new seamless experience to not only ease the transition between generations and platforms, but also be the starting point for new services that further contribute to new, more player-centric ways of enjoying games."

The Ubisoft Connect interface will be integrated seamlessly into Ubisoft games on all platforms, bringing social features, in-game rewards, and challenges and activities all to one place. In addition to all the functionality of Uplay and Ubisoft Club, Ubisoft Connect brings brand-new features like a dedicated newsfeed to check out their friends' activities and achievements. For those looking for tips on how to improve at Rainbow Six Siege or how to recruit a beekeeper in Watch Dogs: Legion, the new "Smart Intel" feature brings personalized tips and video recommendations based on your current in-game activities. You'll also be able to access personalized stats and playstyle information so you can monitor your progress or compare with your friends through the new leaderboard system.

To celebrate the launch of Ubisoft Connect, more than 1,000 legacy Ubisoft Club rewards will be unlocked today for free to all players. The Ubisoft Connect experience will launch on Windows PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and be available on Xbox Series X | S on November 10 and PlayStation 5 on November 15. The service will also come to Stadia, NVIDIA GeForce Now, and Amazon Luna later this year.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I read what they say it is...but want to know what it’s not saying. They’ve been pushing the subscription thing like Origin has, so I’m hoping this doesn’t mean I have to rent a game I want to play. I still want to be able to buy, and play it whenever I want.

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
Too many syllables. Uplay was nicer and unique. Thumbdown.

System Name ibuytheusedstuff
Processor 5960x
Motherboard x99 sabertooth
Cooling old socket775 cooler
Memory 32 Viper
Video Card(s) 1080ti on morpheus 1
Storage raptors+ssd
Display(s) acer 120hz
Case open bench
Audio Device(s) onb
Power Supply antec 1200 moar power
Mouse mx 518
Keyboard roccat arvo
the new "Smart Intel" feature brings personalized tips and video recommendations based on your current in-game activities

sounds creepy to me.

System Name Smooth-Operator
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
Motherboard Asrock x570 Taichi
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory 2x16GB 3200MHz CL16@CL14 DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GB NITRO+
Storage 2x4TB WD HGST 7K6 7200RPM 256MB
Display(s) Samsung S24E370DL 24" IPS Freesync 75Hz
Case Fractal Design Focus G Window Blue
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe x1
Power Supply Corsair HX850 80+ Platinum
Mouse Gigabyte Aorus M3
Keyboard Zalman ZM-K300M
Software Windows 10 x64 Enterprise/Ubuntu Budgie amd64
the new "Smart Intel" feature brings personalized tips and video recommendations based on your current in-game activities

sounds creepy to me.
Based on telemetry data from players' activity in ac3 they created ac 4 black flag, they noticed people were spending a lot of time on ships. I remember when i was first playing gta vice city, which was created fairly long time ago, you can view in-game detailed statistics about your actions in game. Nowadays developers and publishers have waaaay more detailed data about players than back then and this data is being sent to them in real-time.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I read what they say it is...but want to know what it’s not saying. They’ve been pushing the subscription thing like Origin has, so I’m hoping this doesn’t mean I have to rent a game I want to play. I still want to be able to buy, and play it whenever I want.
I read it as gaming as a service.
Pay to play.

System Name Aryzen / Sairikiki / Tesseract
Processor 5800x / i7 920@3.73 / 5800x
Motherboard Steel Legend B450M / GB EX58-UDP4 / Steel Legend B550M
Cooling Mugen 5 / Pure Rock / Glacier One 240
Memory Corsair Something 16 / Corsair Something 12 / G.Skill 32
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT / AMD 6750XT / Sapphire 7800XT
Storage Way too many drives...
Display(s) LG 332GP850-B / Sony w800b / Sony X90J
Case EVOLV X / Carbide 540 / Carbide 280x
Audio Device(s) SB ZxR + GSP 500 / board / Denon X1700h + ELAC Uni-Fi 2 + Senn 6XX
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GX-750 / Corsair HX750 / Seasonic Focus PX-650
Mouse G700 / none / G602
Keyboard G910
Software w11 64
Benchmark Scores I don't play benchmarks...
They could've gone with ConnectU or UConnect and it still would have been better. Or, just keep the old name.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
As long as I can launch my Uplay Games from GOG Galaxy it is moot.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Based on telemetry data from players' activity in ac3 they created ac 4 black flag, they noticed people were spending a lot of time on ships. I remember when i was first playing gta vice city, which was created fairly long time ago, you can view in-game detailed statistics about your actions in game. Nowadays developers and publishers have waaaay more detailed data about players than back then and this data is being sent to them in real-time.

Indeed. Unity Telemetry says hello.

I might... know something about this:

I read it as gaming as a service.
Pay to play.

Ha. That's so 19th century. No one pays to play anymore. Your data is the entry fee. You are the product, bought and sold more times than you'll ever know. Welcome to the new skynet, it's scarier than the hollywood one.

Actually that's a lie. You both pay to play and give your data all the time. The market is literally paying them to do this.

Last edited:
System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Indeed. Unity Telemetry says hello.

I might... know something about this:

What happened to the days of just getting a Game with the understanding ir was yours do with.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
What happened to the days of just getting a Game with the understanding ir was yours do with.

It's still yours. We just pay for it with both data and money. One of them needs to go. Consumers need choice and they need to understand that

a.) Their data is worth something

b.) They should not pay for something and be data-mined at the same time. It's just a bad deal. You wouldn't make a bad deal, would you?

Of course you would. And they know that.

As mentioned, I've made tools to fight these sort of things... but it's a losing battle. The tools inevitably are harder to use than just dealing with whatever the publisher wants, and water follows the easiest path.

Users are basically water.

Last edited:
System Name Workstation
Processor Intel Core-i9 9960x
Motherboard Asus WS X299 SAGE
Cooling Custom
Memory Crucial Ballistix 128 GB (8 x BL2K16G36C16U4B)
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
Storage Intel Optane 905P (SSDPED1D015TAX1), Sabrent Rocket 2 TB, 4 x HGST DC HC530
Display(s) NEC PA272W-BK-SV, Eizo CG2700S-BK
Case Custom
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX II, Sony WH-1000XM
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Platinum 1200 W
Mouse Logicool G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard Logicool G810
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, several Adobe software
Ubisoft SAM (Ubisoft's mobile companion app) gives personalized tips and recommendations based on my in-game activities in The Division only for The Division, like how it mentions about my headshots or kills or notices that I'm using marksman rifles more often than automatic ones. It may be just me, but I don't think telemetry is involved in this case, at least with The Division. As long as it's limited to tracking and recording in-game activities like how many times I use my MDR or how often I completed a mission under specific difficulty and not non-gaming activities or anything else (for example, tracking what site I open with a browser when I'm playing a Ubisoft game) I personally think it's fine.

Ubisoft openly stated that they will use information about our personal details like those in our Twitter profile or account if we contact them through Twitter though, and that's the reason why I never bothered interacting with them through Twitter. With the exception of The Division's Twitter account, I don't follow any other accounts of Ubisoft.

@rtwjunkie
I have my own concerns too, but I want to keep an open mind and positive thinking about it and see it as nothing more than a facelift, for now. As long as I still have access to games I already bought and they remain in my library and I can launch and play the games anytime I want, I'm fine.

I might... know something about this
Zachtronics games like Eliza love telemetry and collecting/gathering user data. But I use TinyWall and only allow a very few things (Unity games never included) to connect so I'm not worried about it.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Ubisoft SAM (Ubisoft's mobile companion app) gives personalized tips and recommendations based on my in-game activities in The Division only for The Division, like how it mentions about my headshots or kills or notices that I'm using marksman rifles more often than automatic ones. It may be just me, but I don't think telemetry is involved in this case, at least with The Division. As long as it's limited to tracking and recording in-game activities like how many times I use my MDR or how often I completed a mission under specific difficulty and not non-gaming activities or anything else (for example, tracking what site I open with a browser when I'm playing a Ubisoft game) I personally think it's fine.

Ubisoft openly stated that they will use information about our personal details like those in our Twitter profile or account if we contact them through Twitter though, and that's the reason why I never bothered interacting with them through Twitter. With the exception of The Division's Twitter account, I don't follow any other accounts of Ubisoft.

@rtwjunkie
I have my own concerns too, but I want to keep an open mind and positive thinking about it and see it as nothing more than a facelift, for now. As long as I still have access to games I already bought and they remain in my library and I can launch and play the games anytime I want, I'm fine.

Zachtronics games like Eliza love telemetry and collecting/gathering user data. But I use TinyWall and only allow a very few things (Unity games never included) to connect so I'm not worried about it.

You sir are a good, educated, user. Tinywall is indeed a good tool for your toolbelt.