• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Wait for It: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed to December 10th

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Developer CD Projekt Red has announced that Cyberpunk 2077 is now facing another delay - this one of just 21 days. The game is now slated for release on December 10th, which gives the developer more time to work on the launch-day patch so that everything runs as smoothly as possible when the game is out in the wild and in the hands of millions of expectant gamers.

The developer clarified that the reason for the game's delay is the need to launch it concurrently on all platforms they've committed to - current-gen, next-gen, PC, and Stadia. In total, the developer is working on polishing and testing nine different versions of the game (PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, PC, and Stadia). This is just mind-bogglingly complex, as you might expect. We also have to take into account that CD Projekt Red has its own shoes to fill when it comes to final quality, and we must remember that first impressions make or break a videogame's reception in the current climate (remember Mass Effect: Andromeda or any other number of games). It seems that the cautious, methodical approach may be the best one for such a high-stakes release. I, for one, would much rather enjoy a game with less chances of game-breaking bugs than a rushed release - especially considering the amount of platforms the game is shipping for.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

D

Deleted member 24505

They already stated it had gone gold, so i guess they just won't release it till all platform versions are ready at the same time.

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
They already stated it had gone gold, so i guess they just won't release it till all platform versions are ready at the same time.

Going gold means that all content is finished and the game can be completed from start to finish. However, there are still bugfixes, balancing tweaks, performance optimizations, and a smorgasbord of other game-development routines that have to be taken until release.

System Name ibuytheusedstuff
Processor 5960x
Motherboard x99 sabertooth
Cooling old socket775 cooler
Memory 32 Viper
Video Card(s) 1080ti on morpheus 1
Storage raptors+ssd
Display(s) acer 120hz
Case open bench
Audio Device(s) onb
Power Supply antec 1200 moar power
Mouse mx 518
Keyboard roccat arvo
from me Cd project red gets all the time they need. no hurry. it´ll be goood

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
So what? Now they'll have two months of mandatory crunch?

Processor 6700K
Motherboard M8G
Cooling D15S
Memory 16GB 3k15
Video Card(s) 2070S
Storage 850 Pro
Display(s) U2410
Case Core X2
Audio Device(s) ALC1150
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Razer
Keyboard Logitech
Software 21H2
GameWrecks™ strikes again?

Last edited:
Great, more time for people to join local battle royale for GPU!

I heard there are only one surviver in the last BR-Australia, hopefully more TPU member can survive the next round.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
The witcher 3 got pushed back several times, by months... CDPR is the opposite of Bethesda - they will miss all the timelines and make an incredible game, because if they find anything that needs fixing in final testing they will fix it. Instead of hitting the timeline and giving us Fallout 76.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
No "I don't really care" option in the poll?

Going gold means that all content is finished and the game can be completed from start to finish. However, there are still bugfixes, balancing tweaks, performance optimizations, and a smorgasbord of other game-development routines that have to be taken until release.
That's smörgåsbord to you Sir! (it roughly translates to butter goose table)

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro

I wasn't planning to play the game this year either so I'm okay with this/did not get on the hype train somehow.:oops:

Still got bunch of other games to play and I would prefer to play Cyberpunk with a new GPU anyway which I won't have till early next year. 'based on the ammount I can save up monthly'

System Name Desktop
Processor Intel Xeon E5-1680v2
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X79
Cooling Intel AIO
Memory 8x4GB DDR3 1866MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970 SC
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB + 2x WD RE 4TB HDD
Display(s) HP ZR24w
Case Fractal Define XL Black
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modi Uber/Sony CDP-XA20ES/Pioneer CT-656>Sony TA-F630ESD>Sennheiser HD600
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
This is getting a bit unprofessional from their side, but I can understand their reasons.

I'm very reserved for this game since people are seriously overhyping it. Haven't pre-ordered, so I'll just sit and enjoy the outrage if it doesn't live up to the hype.

System Name Blackbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF B550-Plus WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill FlareX 3200Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3060 Ti Gaming Z
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB + WD SN550 1TB + Samsung 860 QVO 1TB
Display(s) LG 27GP850-B
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard MasterKeys Pro S White (MX Brown)
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores It plays games.
So what? Now they'll have two months of mandatory crunch?

They've probably been doing "voluntary" crunch for longer than that already.

Also, expect that gigantic patch on release.

System Name AMD RyZen PC
Processor AMD RyZen 5950x
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero 570x WIFI
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory 64GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200 MHz 14C x4
Video Card(s) Evga 3080 TI
Storage Seagate 8TB + 3TB + 4TB + 2TB external + 512 Samsung 980
Display(s) LG 4K 144Hz 27GN950-B
Case Thermaltake CA-1F8-00M1WN-02 Core X71 Tempered Glass Edition Black
Audio Device(s) XI-FI 8.1
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft
Keyboard Microsoft
Software Windows 10 x64 Pro
You don't have to release it on all platforms.. just release it for Nvidia graphics card for now as that is the only thing you are worried about :/

I preordered this game the moment it was announced and now I am hearing only Nvidia card will work with RT at the moment.. Very bad :(

"Half-Life 3" :)

I don't even know what to say about this. I've had so many games that I anticipated over the years end up being delayed by 3 months, 6 months, a year, it's mind-boggling. If you look at Squaresoft, it often takes them several years to get a game together. They promise a game and show a trailer at E3 or something and then you get the final game 3, 4, 5 years later, if then. As complex as the games are becoming and therefore, the coding that makes up the games, it's starting to seem miraculous that the games are able to be released at all, and not be completely broken, in some form or another. I think the publishers are downplaying the actual necessary amount of time it takes to produce and distribute a quality game title, because if they were honest at the announcement of a future game, they would have to say, "Release date to be announced, AT SOME POINT in the future, to be determined", and that doesn't generate excitement or pre-orders.

No one wants to invest in a game knowing that they might not have the final product in theirs hands for years, if then.

A 21 day delay is nothing, compared to the 1 year delays and several year delays that I have seen.

I wish that a computer could be designed or an AI or something that could pretty much automate the game coding process and take it mostly out of human hands, speeding up the process and POTENTIALLY greatly reducing or eliminating errors, but if that were to happen, God knows how many programmers and coders would end up out of work. I don't want that, I just want quality games. I also don't want the coders to be forced to work days and days and days of overtime, just so I can get my hands on the game, on the exact date that it was promised, months or years ago.

There has to be a solution, a compromise. Probably, like I suggested, being more flexible about announced final release dates for games.

Last edited:
System Name MacBook Pro 16"
Processor M1 Pro
Memory 16GB unified memory
Storage 1 TB

So it's not that golden.

D

Deleted member 24505

So it's not that golden.

Gold means essentially ready for release.
Gold
When a game reaches Gold it’s considered a shippable experience. Games at this level will be ready to release and pass all of the following exit criteria.

• This release is feature complete with high polish
  • All UIs are complete
  • All voiceovers match the script
  • All new players can play without external guidance
  • No A, B, C and very few D and E defects
  • All sound effects and voice overs are levelled
  • There is a sufficient variety of sound effects and music to prevent noticeable/distracting repetition for the target playtime
  • The game runs at the target framerate in all tested scenarios
Guessing they don't want to release it to PC first. Maybe sony and microsoft back handers are pretty big :p

"Half-Life 3" :)

I don't even know what to say about this. I've had so many games that I anticipated over the years end up being delayed by 3 months, 6 months, a year, it's mind-boggling. If you look at Squaresoft, it often takes them several years to get a game together. They promise a game and show a trailer at E3 or something and then you get the final game 3, 4, 5 years later, if then. As complex as the games are becoming and therefore, the coding that makes up the games, it's starting to seem miraculous that the games are able to be released at all, and not be completely broken, in some form or another. I think the publishers are downplaying the actual necessary amount of time it takes to produce and distribute a quality game title, because if they were honest at the announcement of a future game, they would have to say, "Release date to be announced, AT SOME POINT in the future, to be determined", and that doesn't generate excitement or pre-orders.

No one wants to invest in a game knowing that they might not have the final product in theirs hands for years, if then.

A 21 day delay is nothing, compared to the 1 year delays and several year delays that I have seen.

I wish that a computer could be designed or an AI or something that could pretty much automate the game coding process and take it mostly out of human hands, speeding up the process and POTENTIALLY greatly reducing or eliminating errors, but if that were to happen, God knows how many programmers and coders would end up out of work. I don't want that, I just want quality games. I also don't want the coders to be forced to work days and days and days of overtime, just so I can get my hands on the game, on the exact date that it was promised, months or years ago.

There has to be a solution, a compromise. Probably, like I suggested, being more flexible about announced final release dates for games.
You can't mandate setting release dates. And as long as it's not mandated, companies are going to set dates and break them. FOR ME it's much better than hitting the date and releasing a hot pile of garbage that never gets fixed until the game dies. Fallout 76... Just one recent example. Especially horrible when it's an online game. Imaging telling your friends "hey, let's go play Fallout 76 together" when it's this broken.

And AI is already being used to program. None of this changes the fact that you need programmers, at least to set up the AI to work properly. AI still heavily needs humans. There is no AGI yet. When we have AGI, everybody will lose their job, not just programmers. But everything will still get done by the AGI and nobody will 'have' to work. That's veeeery different from not 'having' work.

Last edited:
System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
The witcher 3 got pushed back several times, by months... CDPR is the opposite of Bethesda - they will miss all the timelines and make an incredible game, because if they find anything that needs fixing in final testing they will fix it. Instead of hitting the timeline and giving us Fallout 76.
I win that game in a contest, I played it a few times, havent logged back in and have no need to play it again. Some people tell me on here that the game is much fixed but I dont have the need to play a broken game or remember bad gaming memories.

So it's not that golden.
Its not "golden", its Gold.

System Name My Addiction
Processor AMD Ryzen 7950X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi
Cooling Alphacool Core Ocean T38 AIO 240mm
Memory G.Skill 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XTX
Storage Some SSDs
Display(s) 42" Samsung TV + 22" Dell monitor vertically
Case Lian Li A4-H2O
Audio Device(s) Denon + Bose
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Glorious
VR HMD None
Software Win 10
Benchmark Scores None taken
I've waited 1,5 years to GTA5, co this is nothing. Not to mention that my motherboard will only getting the BIOS for the new CPUs in February... No rush... CP2077 is a mostly singleplayer game, and good storys has no time of expiration.

D

Deleted member 24505

Won't say i am not disappointed, but i can wait, as long as dying light 2 is out this year.

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
RAAAAGEEEEE.
But ok, I will have something to do during Covid Christmas. As long as the game is good in the end just a single month does not matter. No, not even a month, just 3 more weeks.

Since I've got a build waiting on a CPU and GPU to be available that's ok with me.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
Good. I don't care if this game launches until I can get at least a 3080 or AMD equivalent cuz my GPU ain't gonna be able to play. It will just roll into a fetal position.

What poll? I don't see one?

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
When I said a couple of months ago that this game is no where close to being finished no one believed me. :laugh:

What all of this really means is that they are scrambling to figure out which problems they can fix and which ones they are going to ship.

Last edited: