• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Wait for It: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed to December 10th

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
No, delays are never good, they are a a bad omen

Do you work in software? Only about 50% of software projects are completed on time. No idea if this is a good site or not.

https://www.atspoke.com/blog/it/reasons-for-it-project-failure/

But compared to 1995...

Furthermore, they say the average software project runs 222% late, 189% over budget and delivers only 61% of the specified functions. Evidence suggests little has changed since then.

Failure has become the IT industry norm.

https://www.projectsmart.co.uk/why-...y say the average,become the IT industry norm.

CDPR is the darling of everyone on the internet apparently, yours included I guess since my comment annoyed you.

Well, consider the competition:. EA, Bethesda, Activision, need I go on? They give free DLC, write good stories, the game is longer than 10 hours, need I go on?

Again, they aren't exactly my darling but it just seems like in every thread where CDPR is mentioned you have to go all negative Nancy on them. And then you have to insinuate they are my darling and I must be annoyed. You couldn't even start off with a normal conversation.

Huh ? I don't hate it, I just find funny how people react when I pointed out the obvious. CDPR is the darling of everyone on the internet apparently, yours included I guess since my comment annoyed you.

But really just a whole bunch of people kidding themselves with "I am glad they delayed it because it means it will be great". No, delays are never good, they are a a bad omen, indicators that development encountered major problems and the product is not ready not that it's being "polished". Delay a game once, not that out of the ordinary, do it three times for almost almost a year in total ? Now that's really bad. It's also nice when you preorder something and receive the product much later than initially advertised but then again people never learn.

How do you not see that they gave a whole different reason for this delay than "major problems".
"the reason for the game's delay is the need to launch it concurrently on all platforms they've committed to - current-gen, next-gen, PC, and Stadia. In total, the developer is working on polishing and testing nine different versions of the game (PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, PC, and Stadia). This is just mind-bogglingly complex, as you might expect."

These are NOT game breaking bugs that are causing this delay, like you are just assuming... When did any developer in HISTORY had to ever deliver such a huge game on 9 (!) different platforms SIMULTANEOUSLY!? Give them some slack ffs. And it could just as likely be the fault of any API from Sony or Microsoft that is suddenly causing problems. It's not just CDPR involved in this, you know? You have to be crazy to think that. And especially with the new consoles just coming out at the same time, it could be 100% the consoles fault that this is happening. The game is probably done and they are just waiting on these other companies and fixing some MINOR bugs and issues in the meantime. Nothing about this reason screams "major problems" to me, especially given the history of how polished their games always are on release! So no need to exaggerate and agitate because of another measly month of delay. How long did it take GTA 5 to get ported to PC? 2 years just for a PC port... And CDPR has to port it to 9 different platforms, 3 of which aren't even released yet. Do you think this is some kind of walk in the park???

Last edited:
System Name schweinestalle
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700 X
Motherboard Asus Prime - Pro X 570 + Asus PCI -E AC68 Dual Band Wi-Fi Adapter
Cooling Standard Air
Memory Kingston HyperX 2 x 16 gb DDR 4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 5700 XT 8 GB Strix
Storage Intel SSD 240 gb Speed Demon & WD 240 SSD Blue & WD 250 SSD & WD Green 500gb SSD & Seagate 1 TB Sata
Display(s) Asus XG 32 V ROG
Case Corsair AIR ATX
Audio Device(s) Realtech standard
Power Supply Corsair 850 Modular
Mouse CM Havoc
Keyboard Corsair Cherry Mechanical
Software Win 10
Benchmark Scores Unigine_Superposition 4K ultra 7582
When do the people get to use there GeForce Cyber punk Edition .......?

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
especially given the history of how polished their games always are on release!

Yeeeaaaahhhhh, that is not the case. TW3 had its share of quest breaking bigs.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
its delayed because of CPY and Empress they are scared because Denuvo is dead...
WTH are you talking about? You know they are a drm-free company, right? Apparently not.

Well this is the last straw, feel like CDPR is catering to the console crowds too much these days that they forget their root. Why should the launch date for every platform have to be on the same date anyways, can't the PC crowd take a breather and have the game ready for them just 21 days before the consoles.
Well if it's just business as usual then the PC gamers should just treat CP2077 as business and buy it when it's on discount at Steam. I also just submitted the refund request on GOG for CP2077 (preorder since jun 2019 :banghead:)
LOL, why are you pre-ordering it anyway? I mean damn, read their release. It’s not just to do all the platforms the same day. It’s to test it as much as possible to encounter any bug they can think of. I feel like you would be bitching if they had released it a month ago and had bugs galore.

How many times have we as the gamer crowd demanded we get finished products, not half finished monstrosities that only got released because a publisher said so?! We’re indeed lucky that CDPR don’t answer to a publisher, so they get to do like demand: give us a finished product.

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
Duke Nukem Forever 2.0

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
LOL, why are you pre-ordering it anyway? I mean damn, read their release. It’s not just to do all the platforms the same day. It’s to test it as much as possible to encounter any bug they can think of. I feel like you would be bitching if they had released it a month ago and had bugs galore.

How many times have we as the gamer crowd demanded we get finished products, not half finished monstrosities that only got released because a publisher said so?! We’re indeed lucky that CDPR don’t answer to a publisher, so they get to do like demand: give us a finished product.

Pre-ordered from GOG just to support them really, GOG version cost 40% more than Steam in my country.
I feel like CDPR is sucking up to MS and SONY to be precise since consoles are much harder to implement day 1 patch. TW3 ran terribly on consoles at launch so they tried to avoid that.

Like I said if CDPR is just treating PC gamers as business then why should we treat them any better ? might as well pirate it first then buy it when it is discounted on Steam.

And 21 days delay is not "nothing" since people have plans you know.

Last edited:
Processor Intel I9-9900K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Cooling NZXT Kraken x62v2
Memory 4x8GB G.Skill Flare X 3200mhz CL14
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP + Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro
Storage ADATA 1TB XPG SX8200 Pro + Intel 16GB Optane Memory 16GB M.2 + WD Blue 4TB
Display(s) Samsung CRG9 32:9 + Samsung S34J55W 21:9 + Samsung S24B300 16:9
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 850W Gold
Mouse Razer Viper Mini
Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Windows 10 Pro

The Witcher 3 had multiple patches after release for like a year or so. Do you really think there isn't going to be a Cyberpunk 2077 version 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and so on?
When it's Gold it's a minimum state of a stable game. But since they don't have millions of player already playing they won't find those necessary bugs until they release and we search for them.

Are you willing to wait till December 2021 to get Cyberpunk 2077 version 1.9?
There is not such thing as a perfect game or any type of software.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
might as well pirate it first then buy it when it is discounted on Steam.
You talk about pirating from a DRM-free company?! And you call yourself a PC gamer?
BTW, why did you ever think they weren’t in this as a business? They aren’t a charity. They have shareholders and run the company...get ready for it...like a business.

Part of their business model is to give you the gamer something that is as close to error-free as they can foresee without releasing it. Who else does that?! I appreciate their dedication to getting it right as much as they can.

The Witcher 3 had multiple patches after release for like a year or so. Do you really think there isn't going to be a Cyberpunk 2077 version 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and so on?
When it's Gold it's a minimum state of a stable game. But since they don't have millions of player already playing they won't find those necessary bugs until they release and we search for them.

Are you willing to wait till December 2021 to get Cyberpunk 2077 version 1.9?
There is not such thing as a perfect game or any type of software.
One, I never said there wouldn’t be patches. They as a company though, have the luxury of trying to eliminate as many bugs as possible. Most studios don’t have that. It’s why people like you are apparently so willing to accept a game released in whatever fashion it comes out. The gaming world is littered with those wrecks. So yeah, I wait for whenever it’s finished. It’s what adults do. The world doesn’t revolve around game releases.

The rest of what you wrote is directed I don’t know where, because if they weren’t dedicated to extra bug-trouble tracing, there would be many more patches than we will get.

Last edited:
Processor Intel I9-9900K
Storage ADATA 1TB XPG SX8200 Pro + Intel 16GB Optane Memory 16GB M.2 + WD Blue 4TB
Mouse Razer Viper Mini
Software Windows 10 Pro
Now they can do whatever they want. It's their game and their credibility. And CD Project Red can be awesome in a lot of things but stating release dates is not one of them.

Processor i7 13700KF
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
You talk about pirating from a DRM-free company?! And you call yourself a PC gamer?
BTW, why did you ever think they weren’t in this as a business? They aren’t a charity. They have shareholders and run the company...get ready for it...like a business.

Part of their business model is to give you the gamer something that is as close to error-free as they can foresee without releasing it. Who else does that?! I appreciate their dedication to getting it right as much as they can.

delay.png

Screw them anyways, just a video game. I have like 100+ AAA games that I bought and never played just to support the PC gaming industry.
Ghostrunner just came out and it's pretty solid, and it releases on time too.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Ghostrunner just came out and it's pretty solid, and it releases on time too.
And nowhere near the complexity of CP2077. Why are game release times so very important to you?

Processor i7 13700KF
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
And nowhere near the complexity of CP2077. Why are game release times so very important to you?

Cause I have a busy schedule a few weeks from now ?
People have work you know, can't be free all the time, a 21 days delay is just as shitty as 6 months delay.

Seems like CDPR has successfully pissed off 50% of PC gamer base, let hope MS and SONY paid them enough money to cover the losses, oh wait there is Google Stadia also.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
Cooling Corsair iCUE H115i Elite Capellix 280mm
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz CL18
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3070 Ti TUF Gaming OC Edition
Storage Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF
Case Corsair iCUE 4000X
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Platinum
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 - Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K70 MK.2 Low-Profile Rapidfire
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (64-bit)
I wonder if this is also related to the GPU supply? That, while they now have some extra time to iron out some problems.

Duke Nukem Forever 2.0
LOL, how is this even comparable?

Cause I have a busy schedule a few weeks from now ?
People have work you know, can't be free all the time, a 21 days delay is just as shitty as 6 months delay.

Seems like CDPR has successfully pissed off 50% of PC gamer base, let hope MS and SONY paid them enough money to cover the losses, oh wait there is Google Stadia also.
Ye, but it still makes no sense. Their original release schedule coincided with your free time only by chance, I assume. So how can you blame them for not respecting your personal schedule? If they had promised it before Christmas (when many people actually have free time) and then delayed it after new years, I could see that argument being made. But this was just a pretty random date.

Last edited:
Processor i7 13700KF
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
Ye, but it still makes no sense. Their original release schedule coincided with your free time only by chance, I assume. So how can you blame them for not respecting your personal schedule? If they had promised it before Christmas (when many people actually have free time) and then delayed it after new years, I could see that argument being made. But this was just a pretty random date.

Nah, a lot of people specifically requested time off work on Nov 19th just got burned. CDPR PR team just responded to a guy on twitter just yesterday that there won't be another delay :roll:.

This launch schedule is the one that makes no sense, why should the PC crowd have to wait for the game to be ready for the consoles ? and for Stadia too ? CDPR was originally a PC game only company
and now they just spit on the PC gaming community to earn a few more corpo bucks (well maybe not a few).

Anyways I don't feel like supporting a company that treat loyal customers like this, it feels like when your GF always late to your dates because she has 9 other BF :shadedshu: (who need gf anyways, right ?) .

Processor Intel I9-9900K
Mouse Razer Viper Mini
Software Windows 10 Pro
I guess if people are willing to excuse CD Project Red constant delays to release the best possible game they could forgive CIG's Star Citizen too... or can't they? :roll:

I guess if people are willing to excuse CD Project Red constant delays to release the best possible game they could forgive CIG's Star Citizen too... or can't they? :roll:

I can excuse a friend who punched me in the arm so I should excuse a stranger who commits genocide is what you're saying yeah?

So many petulent children here, if you're that mad just cancel your preorder and play something else. Neither you nor CDPR owe one another anything. If you can't deal with another delay, don't buy the game, vote with your dollar.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Do you work in software? Only about 50% of software projects are completed on time. No idea if this is a good site or not.

It's completely irrelevant how many projects finish on time, a delay still means that the product is in a bad state. It's particularly concerning when it comes down to software such as games, because whereas with a piece of software written for a microwave oven which you can't update after shipping you are forced to get it right, with a game you're not. They'll ship many issues unresolved to be fixed later.

D

Deleted member 24505

let hope MS and SONY paid them enough money to cover the losses

As i said fat backhanders to release when the PS5 and new Xbox do. Notice how close to xmas the delay brings the release, coincidence........

Processor 6700K
Motherboard M8G
Cooling D15S
Memory 16GB 3k15
Video Card(s) 2070S
Storage 850 Pro
Display(s) U2410
Case Core X2
Audio Device(s) ALC1150
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Razer
Keyboard Logitech
Software 21H2
Wow. You must be having to work really hard fanning that fanboy flame if you post this in a generic video game delay notice.

Nothing to do with with fanboying "kind" sir, and pointing out the obvious isn't hard work at all.

I haven't owned AMD/ATI in over a decade.

I can shit on companies and own their products, there's no confusion in my mind.

CDPR took the "leather jacket" money to implement his crap, instead of just focusing on their game and how it will look and perform across all those very different platforms.

CDPR is beholden to its customers, and that includes whether you like it or not AMD gamers.

9 version of the game, RTX on Geforce but no RTRT on Radeon or the consoles for which RTRT is big marketing buz.

History is rich of evidence that the primiry mission of GameWrecks is to hurt the "leather jacket" competition.

Companies that take his money does disservice to their costumers especially to those that does not use the "leather jacket" products.

Bottom line is this.

GameWrecks™. It's On.

I hope that helps.

Good day.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Move that sucks in my book. Everyone got their hopes up for 19th of November and less than a month until launch you back off. I don't care if it is a common thing for CDPR, there is some limit before it gets annoying. I was just curious about this one, much more existed about Homeworld 3 and System Shock 3 (maybe). I was more into the book "The World of Cyberpunk 2077", but since this is the lore book and I have a bad taste from their previous lore book for the Witcher I think I will pass here too. I will wait for the concept art book (if they release it outside special editions of the game).

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
This is fine. As long as they've released this before we go in lockdown again, all is well.

:rolleyes:

Nothing to do with with fanboying "kind" sir, and pointing out the obvious isn't hard work at all.

I haven't owned AMD/ATI in over a decade.

I can shit on companies and own their products, there's no confusion in my mind.

CDPR took the "leather jacket" money to implement his crap, instead of just focusing on their game and how it will look and perform across all those very different platforms.

CDPR is beholden to its customers, and that includes whether you like it or not AMD gamers.

9 version of the game, RTX on Geforce but no RTRT on Radeon or the consoles for which RTRT is big marketing buz.

History is rich of evidence that the primiry mission of GameWrecks is to hurt the "leather jacket" competition.

Companies that take his money does disservice to their costumers especially to those that does not use the "leather jacket" products.

Bottom line is this.

GameWrecks™. It's On.

I hope that helps.

Good day.

Dafuq are you even talking about - yes I'll bite...

Its AMD that is late to the party with its RTRT implementation. Nvidia has its time to market in good order and benefits, nothing new here and unrelated to GameWorks, its just a different company approach towards the game industry from front to back. AMD takes the lazy cheap approach, doing as little as humanly possible to support devs and still sell GPUs (most of them using yesterdays' feature sets).

Even today we haven't seen the tiniest spark of a Navi GPU doing realtime RT. Nvidia had it two years ago. Additionally, CBP2077's release has zero relation to the new console gen, they just happen to launch shortly after one another. You can see this in the overall specs... they're pretty low, yesterdays' performance level really.

So your assumptions are completely baseless at best, you can pick your scapegoat of choice here really. Maybe... just maybe... CDPR as a publisher made a commercial choice to extract more money out of their product? Its their product after all. And so far, CDPR has managed to funnel those profits into new projects that seem even more promising than what we've got today. Like Cyberpunk. See how that works?

Pre-ordered from GOG just to support them really, GOG version cost 40% more than Steam in my country.
I feel like CDPR is sucking up to MS and SONY to be precise since consoles are much harder to implement day 1 patch. TW3 ran terribly on consoles at launch so they tried to avoid that.

Like I said if CDPR is just treating PC gamers as business then why should we treat them any better ? might as well pirate it first then buy it when it is discounted on Steam.

And 21 days delay is not "nothing" since people have plans you know.

Entitlement generation much? Wow. Sad, but the stench surrounded you already.

Seriously... the gist of this topic is of an even lower level than the 'oh noes they scalped "my" 3080' episode... Can't we do better?

Last edited:
this jam hype marketing since 2012, i don't believe they actually had anything real in the pocket

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
LOL, how is this even comparable?

i know it doesn't but i think cyberpunk 2077 was announced a while back now. im not sure the exact date. 6 7 8 years?
but im glad that its delayed for quality reasons and gives me time to get an rtx 3080.