• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Wait for It: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed to December 10th

Processor 9700k
Motherboard asrock z390 extreme4
Video Card(s) 5700
Display(s) benq xl2411p 144hz 1080p
proud of my countrymen. at last they're not only known for ww2

proud of my countrymen. at last they're not only known for ww2
Polish people freed the world from the USSR when they left Communism as the first country to do so. If that first push wouldn't have happened, who knows what the world would have looked like today. Maybe still like 1991? I count them as one of the most actually progressive nations on earth, just for that alone.

Simping for CDPR all you like but this is all about being on time. Everyone is not only expecting Cyberpunk2077 to be polished but also on time.
This is the 3rd time CDPR has broken their promise, breaking all the trust of their fanbase.
Now the fans are not allowed to voice their frustration because CDPR is not keeping their promises ? what kinda logic is that.
No, not everyone is expecting it to be polished and on time. Everyone (at least almost everyone) knows that making something polished often takes more time that you initially thought. A good life lesson for people who are maybe too young to know this. That's ok, it's a big part of learning and improving. If you want to do something really well, you shouldn't be scared of it taking more time or you'll never even attempt it. So it should be ok to take the time you need. They're making a totally new game for hundreds of thousands of people. If the game turns out to be as good as the hype, until the release date, who cares how long it takes them? It's only a bad thing when it takes so long that the hype isn't there anymore at release (Duke Nuken Forever). That could also happen to Star Citizen. But this Cyberpunk release isn't the same. If anything, these last two short delays only fired up more hype around the game, which is not a bad thing. I would argue there is a wrong and right way to do delays. Multiple shorter delays of about a couple of months, as was the case here, seem to only make people want the game more. Whereas one big unknown release date in the unreasonably far future makes me even exhausted to think about the game, at some point. Just thinking about Star Citizen gives me anxiety at this point.

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Polish people freed the world from the USSR when they left Communism as the first country to do so. If that first push wouldn't have happened, who knows what the world would have looked like today. Maybe still like 1991? I count them as one of the most actually progressive nations on earth, just for that alone.

No, not everyone is expecting it to be polished and on time. Everyone (at least almost everyone) knows that making something polished often takes more time that you initially thought. A good life lesson for people who are maybe too young to know this. That's ok, it's a big part of learning and improving. If you want to do something really well, you shouldn't be scared of it taking more time or you'll never even attempt it. So it should be ok to take the time you need. They're making a totally new game for hundreds of thousands of people. If the game turns out to be as good as the hype, until the release date, who cares how long it takes them? It's only a bad thing when it takes so long that the hype isn't there anymore at release (Duke Nuken Forever). That could also happen to Star Citizen. But this Cyberpunk release isn't the same. If anything, these last two short delays only fired up more hype around the game, which is not a bad thing. I would argue there is a wrong and right way to do delays. Multiple shorter delays of about a couple of months, as was the case here, seem to only make people want the game more. Whereas one big unknown release date in the unreasonably far future makes me even exhausted to think about the game, at some point. Just thinking about Star Citizen gives me anxiety at this point.
Well said!

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11

Do you know why CDPR is delaying the game ? because money that's why.
The PC version of the game is more than ready, however the version for Xbox One is not, they want concurrent launch on all platform to maximize profit.
This calculated move is all about the money, not giving PC gamers polished experience or what not. CDPR knew that with this many simps around, the pre-order cancellation would be minimal compare to the loss if they had launched 21 days later only for Xbox One.
Is it a dick move ? Yes

Processor 9700k
Motherboard asrock z390 extreme4
Video Card(s) 5700
Display(s) benq xl2411p 144hz 1080p
@nguyen so? I fail to see how that's an argument. It's probably going to be a combination of both.

Is it a dick move ? Yes
no.

I'm very far away of being a single-player gamer, but even I'm kind of hyped for this game. I know the driving mechanic will fall short, but I'll be gladly proven wrong.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
The PC version of the game is more than ready, however the version for Xbox One is not, they want concurrent launch on all platform to maximize profit.
This calculated move is all about the money, not giving PC gamers polished experience or what not. CDPR knew that with this many simps around, the pre-order cancellation would be minimal compare to the loss if they had launched 21 days later only for Xbox One.
Is it a dick move ? Yes
Yes, he read the announcement same as I did. You apparently didn’t because you keep focusing on one element and one element only. The only people simping are those that feel like their world fell apart because of the delay to make it better.

Better solution: don’t simp in the future by pre-ordering games and feeling like you have scored a major victory by doing so. You’ll be much happier.

Last edited:
System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
Yes, he read the announcement same as I did. You apparently didn’t because you keep focusing on one element and one element only. The only people simping are those that feel like their world fell apart because of the delay to make it better.

Better solution: don’t simp in the future by pre-ordering games and feeling like you have scored a major cictory by doing so. You’ll be much happier.

Go bother someone else please, your toxicity is sky high already. Go simp for some twitch streamers if you like simping so much.

Is it a dick move ? Yes
Releasing it in one big launch event could have been their plan all along, have you thought about that? I would think choosing the right moment to release a big game like this would be in everyone's best interest, but apparently you're too stubborn to see that. Maybe they're not doing it just to spite you. Maybe it shouldn't always be PC vs. everyone else anymore. There are plenty of reasons for everyone to get along and have all games release on all platforms at the same time. Hopefully other companies will look at this release and decide to make this standard practice for all future games. Who wants another GTA 5 release? It was supposed to be released on both console and PC at the same time, but the PC version got delayed by 2 years! Isn't it incredible how they can now launch a game on 9 platforms at the same time (albeit with a minor delay) and people like you can still complain about it?

Stop calling everyone a simp, bro. Just enjoy what you're getting here (and nobody is perfect), instead of just seeing the negative. :slap:

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. This is the ONE game I'm looking forward to(I bought a new 1440p monitor and new video card) because there is very little I like to play anymore as I get older and I'm afraid the hype will outstrip the actual gameplay/content.

System Name Main Machine
Processor Intel i9-13900KS
Motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Apex
Cooling Water cooling, 2x EK-DDC 3.2 PWM, 1x360mm+1x240mm+1x120mm EK, Mora 360 Pro, EK-Quantum Velocity 2
Memory G.SKILL 32GB DDR5-7200, 7200J3445G16GX2-TZ5RS
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 7900 XTX Aqua
Storage 2x WD_BLACK SN850X 1TB und 2TB, 2x8TB Seagate Ironwolf
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27WQ 27inch 165Hz FreeSync Premium Pro
Case Cooler Master COSMOS C700P
Audio Device(s) Turtle Beach Elite Pro Tournament + Elite Pro TAC
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i 1600W Titanium
Mouse Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED Wireless
Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro
Software Win 11
Waiting eagerly for this game, it is no problem if this was delayed as far as they deliver a solid game on launch.
I loved Witcher games from CD PROJECT RED.

Hopefully by then I will have also a new GPU to play Cyberpunk in Christmas vacation. :D
Waiting for reviews of 6800XT to see if that is my next card to play this game.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
As part of that call, CD Projekt Red leadership said that PC and next-gen console versions of Cyberpunk 2077 are ready, but that the delay is caused by the current-gen console versions.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/10/30/cy...lbyd7hVKJbOJWCWNftk4_Bb32Kqz57mrUUCGrUliFebz4

That isn't an excuse this situation has happened before and every single time publisher have released current gen titles on schedule and released the next gen version later when they were done, consumers either bought current gen version, waited for next gen version or bought both. This makes me believe that they were paid to delay.

Last edited:

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
That isn't an excuse this situation has happened before and every single time publisher have released current gen titles on schedule and released the next gen version later when they were done, consumers either bought current gen version, waited for next gen version or bought both. This makes me believe that the were paid to delay.
So, if we assume they were paid to delay the game's release, thereby causing at least one pre-order cancellation and countless others threatened, bad press, loss of face and faith in their word, what would be the gain if they were paid to delay? Who's paying them? And why?

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
I know CDPR doesn't owe me anything and it also doesn't owe anything to you, so you can stop defending them, but it's this same post they made a day earlier that makes it somewhat untrustworthy of them.

View attachment 173620
Now i like CDPR games, they have some of my favorite games, but that doesn't mean i have to like all their actions and that comparison of "friends" to games is such a disparity.
Both games are not out yet. So they can postpone even longer.

Please be more constructive on your thoughts.

typical lowend PR guy vs corperate decision making. If you want blood, take comfort in that fact that guy probably got "additional training" (AKA fired).

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Software Windows 10 Pro
So, if we assume they were paid to delay the game's release, thereby causing at least one pre-order cancellation and countless others threatened, bad press, loss of face and faith in their word, what would be the gain if they were paid to delay? Who's paying them? And why?

What would they have to gain? Obviously money, all what you listed probably means something to someone, but means nothing when money is on the table. Pre-order cancellations is an issue for the retailers not the development studio; delaying is not bad press as long as no reason is given or reason for delay is not exposed if negative. The obvious horses would be Microsoft, Sony, Google. For Sony, Microsoft NOT delaying means more people are picking up copies for current consoles which translates to less sales when the new consoles arrive, why would someone rush to buy a new console right away when they're enjoying a newly released game on their current one? Google more time to polish and iron out any issues with Stadia.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
What would they have to gain? Obviously money, all what you listed probably means something to someone, but means nothing when money is on the table. Pre-order cancellations is an issue for the retailers not the development studio;
Actually, the dev, CDPR is also it’s own publisher and retailer, being a subsidiary ofCD Projekt, along with GOG. so delays actually hurt them directly.

D

Deleted member 24505

I kinda figured the delay was so they can release all versions at the same time, before i saw this. it's kinda understandable and moves the release closer to xmas to which is no bad thing for them or the console sales.

What would they have to gain? Obviously money, all what you listed probably means something to someone, but means nothing when money is on the table. Pre-order cancellations is an issue for the retailers not the development studio; delaying is not bad press as long as no reason is given or reason for delay is not exposed if negative. The obvious horses would be Microsoft, Sony, Google. For Sony, Microsoft NOT delaying means more people are picking up copies for current consoles which translates to less sales when the new consoles arrive, why would someone rush to buy a new console right away when they're enjoying a newly released game on their current one? Google more time to polish and iron out any issues with Stadia.
That was some fanciful nonsense. And now we return to our regularly scheduled reality...

Actually, the dev, CDPR is also it’s own publisher and retailer, being a subsidiary of CD Projekt, along with GOG, so delays actually hurt them directly.
Exactly.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Software Windows 10 Pro
Actually, the dev, CDPR is also it’s own publisher and retailer...

I am very aware. They aren't the only outlet for the game, and won't account for the bulk of the sales, a bit of a moot point.

...being a subsidiary ofCD Projekt, along with GOG. so delays actually hurt them directly.

So? Did it hurt them enough to outweigh the benefits of delaying?

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
I am very aware. They aren't the only outlet for the game, and won't account for the bulk of the sales, a bit of a moot point.
I challenge your assertion. Over half of of TW3 sales were sold directly by CD Project. So, my point is valid.

So? Did it hurt them enough to outweigh the benefits of delaying?
So...any delay hurts them. Therefore, the benefit of providing a more completely tested game must indeed be worth it.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Because some rando shows up and demands it? :laugh:

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Is there too much focus on just a few Video Games? CP2077 has been on my want list since I heard about it. Last year the GOG CP2077 page had over 400,000 users. The fact that the Game is delayed is not in anyway nefarious. I think I can describe some of the angst from a Gamer perspective. There are plenty of great Games (Grim Dawn, TWWH, Doom Eternal etc...) that have plenty of play time in them. The focus though has been on a couple of "AAA" titles. Marvel's Avengers got hyped. It is a great game and the controls are kinetic but the Campaign is too short. They just dropped to under 1000 active players last week. Squadrons was the surprise hit of this period and is a blast to play but the best aspect is the Campaign (for me) and once you finish the 14th Mission well. Which brings me to CP2077. Unlike the aforementioned Games this Game will be more like Grim Dawn (if you know what I mean) in playtime. That means that in the mind of Gamers that are enjoying the performance and new visuals that we have already seen in a world where you can actually enter apartment buildings. This is the Game that kids that enjoyed Flashback on the SNES have been dreaming of.